Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette. 2

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R' started by mariowrc, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

this a good comparo, beucause, i don't know if its me but the front facia are very similar to each other, and i am guessing they must be using the old rotary thats why its not coming to north america(but i could be wrong). in looks this car has it for me, but comparing it to a zo6 its a hard call. in drag strip i would go with the vete, but corners go with mazda power.

2. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

There is no way this could beat the corvette in anyway but gas milage. The corvette would waist this car even if it had slight mods. No comparison.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

the vette would probably win in just about every category except wieght (that includes fuel economy.but i may be wrong because i don't know any performance numbers for this car.but if it is like the older mid '90's rx7s it would be better matched with a camaro or mustang.

4. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from robert2420</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jaguarkid02</i>
    <b>i think the vette would win but i need to see so stats first such as: 0-60, hp, and top speed!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well u cant say the vetter would win cause u dont know what vette ur comparing it to. what kinda vette u talkin bout lambo?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'm comparing it to a Base Coupe. Not the ZO6.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

they actually look alot alike<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

Z06 corvette would win, but this would beat a regular C5. the zero to 60 time for this is 4.8 secs, top speed of about 160

7. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

I think it'd be pretty even.
    In a drag the Corvette would probably win.
    On the track, I'd put my money on the RX-7.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

I like both cars, But I need more stats too. All in all, I would probably stick with the Vette anyhow.

9. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari4ever123</i>
    <b>I am sorry but all you American Muscle heads are ignorant.

Dont mean to offend...but everytime a sweet car like this comes about you compare it to a american muscle car..!
    it is totally true.... you are comparing a 1.3L Rotary engine to a 5.7 L V8....ovcourse the 5.7L engine is going to win....why are you people so irnorant....like everything else...

Look at Road And Track Magazine.. I believe it was the Feburary issue where they compared the Z06 Corvette to the Porsche GT2 and it got beaten...you can't compare a Porsche with a corvette...the name porsche is legendary...corvette is GARBAGE..!!!

Then in the next months issue the compared the Z06 to the new NSX and the porsche 911...and ovcourse like every other comparison the Z06 has a 5.7L and the Porsche has a 3.6L and the NSX has a 3.2L.....
    and the whole article is about how the Z06 has more power....
    oh my god it has a 2L displacement advantage ofcourse it is going to have more power....

The Z06 by the way is totaly crap like every other american car...this is so true...all american cars make horsepower by displacement....they have a huge engine that makes less then 100 HP\L ...all those muscle cars have pushrod engines...this is a technology that was made in the 1950's....everyother manufacturer in the world switched to overhead cam engines...because they see the advantage....ohh I guess that the whole world is wrong and american manufactuers are right!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey dickhead, get a clue, please, for the sake of us all. Here's the American logic for making power: "Let's throw on a few more cubes and get more power all across the powerband." Here's what all the idiot's like you think: "Hey, it's alright our engines suck, we can hide all that with some turbos." Let's see someone stick twin turbos on the LS6 Vette engine, then let's see what happens. Or even better, lets see someone rip out the turbos in one of your beloved and so "technological advanced" four poppers, then let's see how much talk you do at the drag strip, or anywhere else for that matter. So don't start talking crap on our American displacement until you decide to quit hiding behind your forced induction. You do know what N/A stands for, right? Natually Aspirated. That's what the Vette is, it doesn't need anything to boost it above a certain RPM range, it can handle all the power making by itself. And another thing, ever see a car go 1/4 mile in under 4 seconds? Top Fuel Eliminators come to mind. Want to learn something else too, they have the pushrods. They are the fastest and probably some of the most powerful cars ever built. And since you seem so intent on dwelling on hp/L, do me a favor and go figure out what it is for one of those. Let's see, four digit horsepower levels, an enigine around 8.something, you do the math. Thats kinda what happens when you take our engines and jam em full of air like you do with your turbos, they make more power then anything else out there. Yeah, even with the pushrods, which in no way even hinders an engine. So just do us a favor and shut your hole until you learn a little something about cars.

And in response to your "all american cars make horsepower by displacement." How about this: All cars that aren't American just make horsepower by forced induction

And about the "they compared the Z06 to the new NSX and the porsche 911...and of course like every other comparison the Z06 has a 5.7L and the Porsche has a 3.6L and the NSX has a 3.2L.....and the whole article is about how the Z06 has more power....oh my god it has a 2L displacement advantage of course it is going to have more power...." Did you ever consider this: "The Z06 is naturally aspirated and the Porsche and NSX are both turboed and have more air rammed down there intakes then would fit between the gap the Vette wins by on the race track....they both have a 2 turbo advantage of course they should be able to keep up.....but neither of them can" Maybe you do have smaller engines, but that's no excuss, because you still have the turbos that you have for so long thought were so much better, so quit crying and learn a little. <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bigrob</i>
    <b>look, Chevman, technology comes in many places, Japan is one of them. Using the laws of physics you cannot get incredbly large hp and tq from small disp engines, it doesnt happen, so that is why they use forced induction (to try and imitate displacement) by cramming more air and gas into the same space. That does not make a car better or worse, jsut different. I am not personally a big jap car fan, i think that too many of those cars are designed for one purpose and then pretend to be used for another (aka civic) and i think tht too many of those cars have been over hyped and over rated (aka skyline) and i think that too many are jusk ugly (aka supra) but just because they are from a different continent doesnt mean that they are bad. Yes HP/L is retarded, no japan can not seem to make a large disp engine worth a shit compared to american ones. And dont you ever imply or say that a porsche is a bad car because it is turboed ever again (you sound dumber than the peopel you are trying to insult when you say that). But other than all that, you have a couple of good points.

p.s. chevman, dont insult others intelligence until you know the facts yourself, the NSX and porsche 911 are both NA. the 911 is only turboed, wen it is the 911 TURBO, or carrera 4 TURBO, or GT2, or several other variants. The base 911 is not turbo</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey, sorry I came off like that. I love and respect the Porches. I still don't get how they can make so much power from an engine like that. And I understand that technology comes from other places, the Ferrari's drivetrain alone is more complicated then the whole LS6. But I'm sick of hearing all this raggin on our big engines and having all these people say that the only reason they are powerful is because they are big. I mean, everytime some Vette or Viper wins a race or is prefered more in a magazine article, you always hear, "well it has such a big engine, of course it should be more powerful", when they only thing they can come up with that makes nearly as much raw power is spinnin some T3 turbos or something. But when some Porsche (and I'm not saying they are bad, cause they are most defineately some of the best cars out there, they are just, as you said, different, and used to make a comparision in this case) wins a race, all the same people that were dissin on the big cubes kinda keeps quiet and ignores that fact that whatever just got wasted was naturally aspirated. If they are going to say that we have a disadvantage because of our big cubes, they need to recoginize that they have just as much of a disadvantage due to the forced induction. And as for the 911 and NSX thing, sorry. I was still thinking about the GT2 he was defending earlier. And about the NSX, sorry, I was just being retarded, it's been a long week already, thank you for pointing it out.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

: "The Z06 is naturally aspirated and the Porsche and NSX are both turboed and have more air rammed down there intakes then would fit between the gap the Vette wins by on the race track....

um the nsx is n/a

dumb ass.....

12. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

Man there's too much hated here.

I luv all GOOD cars, but to be honest too many people here TALK SHIT!

Everyone's biased and misinformed.

No offence I like the Z06 (A lot), but this RX-7 is a beast.
    SUre the specs don't look even, but performance wise this special edition RX-7 can keep up with the Z06.

For those people who keeps saying Japan's cars don't have enough displacement...well guess what, the NEW GENERATION of super cars from japan are all upgraded into the V8+ category.

Japan has mastered the 4, 6 cylinders by EFFICIENTLY cranking out Hundreds of HPs over the stock power from there cars.

Now...JUST Imagine what Japanese tuners can do to V8s.

You just have to give credit where its due.

Ever notice that most Import lovers tend to KNOW a lot more about cars in general than just American muscle car lovers?, just an observation, not to mention that most Import car lovers are mechanics and or engineers...again, just an observation (from the people I know anyways)

Fact is, Japanese sports cars are praised because they are CHEAP, easily tuned, Efficient and pushes the boundaries in driving excellence (sounds like a mercedes ad)

Anyways, like I said, I like some american cars, but I'm into Imports and European exotics more.

Bottomline, Japanese cars have proven time and time and time again, that you don't need a V8 to get a performance.

Like I said above, the new era of Japanese cars have been upgraded into the V8+ territory.

If a 4 cylinder car can have 800HP (Top Secret's Supra), then Imagine a V8 engine.

Japan will show the world how to EFFICIENTLY use every cylinder....Can you say 2000HP?...<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

JanDaMan you really are the man...thank you for saying that.

Rod Millen Pikes Peak Open Class winning Celica= 1000HP 2.1L turbo No NOS

HKS supra 4.7L BiTurbo 2000+ HP no NOS

It isn't like the Japanese and Euro companies didn't want big engines it is just that they couldn't afford it ..

you know that in japan like over 2.0L or 2.5L displacement you have to pay more tax or something like that.....They just had to make power with what they had...and all they had was small engines.

Ohh man at Summer Slam (Englishtown NJ.) last year Ari Yallen brought his 20B 3 rotor RX7......single turbo with NOS 1300+ HP 7.3 sec...could have been faster

14. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

BigRob

you make good points....

Fine....Honda S2000 2.0L 240 HP....that is more than the neon
    Not that they are in the same class (Neon FWD.S2000 RWD)..but just numbers

Tom18Si....same here man.....there are like 40 Corvettes in my town (well not literally) and like 1 nice RX7...

ohh... I read in a magazine that the EvO 6 (Japanes Version) ran 1\4 mile in 12.4 sec...that is par with the Z06

15. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Kahless</i>
    <b>they actually look alot alike</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    If you guys actually go back and look at the beginning of this thread you wil laugh, like i do. This thread was not started to compare this car to the Z06, but to the base vette. This thread also started with logical comments, not anymore. I might be able to see this as a good comparo between stock vett and this car, but to say that this car will beat the z06, now that is just rediculous. you mean to tell me that this car can get to 60 in less than 4 flat? no. You mean to tell me that this car can do the quarter in the 12 seconds range stock? No. You mean to tell me that this car will do more than 1 G on the skid and faster than 70 mph? Not a chance, and if you do think so where are you getting your numbers from? I think that you guys are pulling them out of your ass if you actually believe that this car can beat a z06.

02 Z06 Cpe (C&D Feb-02) 5.7 V-8/6M

0-50, s. 3.30
    0-60, s. 4.07
    0-70, s. 5.39
    1/4 Mile, s. 12.48
    60-0 Braking, ft. 104.00
    Skidpad, g 0.99
    Slalom, mph 70.30

There, from Car and driver. Where do you get your numbers from?

I have got to disagree with whoever said that import car guys know more about cars than do american car guys, Very much so. There is an art to both sides of the ocean but en masse, i think it is the exact oppisite. How many times a day do you see civics and the like with huge spoiler and 4 inch exhaust tips with a pillar guages and no real performanc emods to speak of covered in stickers? I see them all the time everywhere i go. In fact in the parking lot of my building right now there is a 95 celica with body kit and a 4 inch tip, 2ft tall bookshelf spoiler and a tail light kit made to look like a supra's tail lights, but has he done anything to enhance the performace of his car to match the performance image that his car gives off? NO! unless you concider the fake innercooler in the from ofhis body kit made of chicken wire. How often do yo see than in american car guys, you do see it, but no where near as often!

16. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

Hey FerrariEver123, do you have a life?<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from v0locity</i>
    <b>well for one yes the viper and vette dont have good handling the only reason why it does have any handling at all is cuz the makes of it gave it big wheels it counter the weight so it can have some kinda handling. the viper and vette isnt a great car either. these cars if you race them you cant drift. like most import cars can cuz of there engine size. the viper is built by mitsubitshi and the engine is from lamborgini and the design is from dodge. but dodge paid them for this so yea i guess its right fully theres</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Whoa! The Dodge Viper engine was tuned by Lamborghini! Not developed by Lamborghini. And the body/interior is designed by Carrol Shelby and Francois Castaing, not Mistubishi. Pick up DODGE VIPER by Daniel F. Carney to get the real story. And as for the Vette and the Viper not being great cars-who keeps on winning Le Mans? And won three years straight? Yeah Dodge. WHo wins now? Saleen or the Vettes. There is no proof that the Vettes and Vipers are bad cars. Give them the respect they deserve, as I give European and Japanese cars the respect they desreve. <!-- Signature -->

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bugatti</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from slamb</i>
    <b>CORVETTES KICK ASS!! End Of Discussion!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

don't worry slamb, you right, corvettes do kick ass, and thats all there is to it. so dont worry about what anyone else says. you have freedom of speech. and lambo, you started this frieken forum so dont be telling other people to shut up.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Mate ure lame, and childish, don't diss people u don't even know, dissing people on the net is poor, and hey if ur gonna make a comment and give the reason is "just cause" then really u should get lost cause i mean thie IS a car forum not some HK "hood" as u Americans call them. Get a life and say something productive, n my personal opinion is the RX-7
    BECAUSE
    it's light
    it's rotoary engine is good
    good turbos (if turbo model)
    Well made
    Good history of cars
    tnasmission is good
    Good performance from car and engine
    good handling
    good car

Later>>>

<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sparetire</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari4ever123</i>

Dont mean to offend...but everytime a sweet car like this comes about you compare it to a american muscle car..!
    it is totally true.... you are comparing a 1.3L Rotary engine to a 5.7 L V8....ovcourse the 5.7L engine is going to win....why are you people so irnorant....like everything else...

Look at Road And Track Magazine.. I believe it was the Feburary issue where they compared the Z06 Corvette to the Porsche GT2 and it got beaten...you can't compare a Porsche with a corvette...the name porsche is legendary...corvette is GARBAGE..!!!

Then in the next months issue the compared the Z06 to the new NSX and the porsche 911...and ovcourse like every other comparison the Z06 has a 5.7L and the Porsche has a 3.6L and the NSX has a 3.2L.....
    oh my god it has a 2L displacement advantage ofcourse it is going to have more power....

The Z06 by the way is totaly crap like every other american car...this is so true...all american cars make horsepower by displacement....they have a huge engine that makes less then 100 HP\L ...all those muscle cars have pushrod engines...this is a technology that was made in the 1950's....everyother manufacturer in the world switched to overhead cam engines...because they see the advantage....ohh I guess that the whole world is wrong and american manufactuers are right!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I wish people like you would read some of these forums before you post. The whole hp/litre discussion has been exahusted, and it has been shown to be pointless. The build quality of Vettes is great. The handling is great. Read the articles on the Vettes and see for yourself. Look at some SCA auto-x stuff. The Vettes do great. Yeah, they use displacement, so what. Displacement is cheap, effective, and reliable. Compare the Z06 to the GT2 and it is very competitive, for about 1/3rd the cost. Less actually. Whats so bad about that? You can sream HP/Litre when you lose the race, who cares? Someone else mentioned how the Vette loses in the gas milage catagory, and it probably does, but it still gets 28 mpg on this highway, which is incredible. "All you american muscle heads are ignorant." LOL. You dont know sh**. Except what a bunch of imports only types told you maybe. This will do quite well against a C5 yes, against the Z06 no, and that means in the twisties as well. Assuming this is the turbo. That makes sense, you could get one of these for about 30K when they were avail. in the states, and even allowing for inflation, that means much cheaper than the Vette.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Iam professional "Mechanical Engineer" so I guess that gives me validation to speak in repect to your signature.

Engine capacity does matter! Shit over 5 litrs and thats all the power American cars produce? If you talking about technology. American cars with their big blocks are way behind.

And about handling I havnt seen one car Mag in Australia where I am from that even comes close to validate that good handling of American cars. And we do have American readers for our mags.

<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Chevman348</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari4ever123</i>

Hey dickhead, get a clue, please, for the sake of us all. Here's the American logic for making power: "Let's throw on a few more cubes and get more power all across the powerband." Here's what all the idiot's like you think: "Hey, it's alright our engines suck, we can hide all that with some turbos." Let's see someone stick twin turbos on the LS6 Vette engine, then let's see what happens. Or even better, lets see someone rip out the turbos in one of your beloved and so "technological advanced" four poppers, then let's see how much talk you do at the drag strip, or anywhere else for that matter. So don't start talking crap on our American displacement until you decide to quit hiding behind your forced induction. You do know what N/A stands for, right? Natually Aspirated. That's what the Vette is, it doesn't need anything to boost it above a certain RPM range, it can handle all the power making by itself. And another thing, ever see a car go 1/4 mile in under 4 seconds? Top Fuel Eliminators come to mind. Want to learn something else too, they have the pushrods. They are the fastest and probably some of the most powerful cars ever built. And since you seem so intent on dwelling on hp/L, do me a favor and go figure out what it is for one of those. Let's see, four digit horsepower levels, an enigine around 8.something, you do the math. Thats kinda what happens when you take our engines and jam em full of air like you do with your turbos, they make more power then anything else out there. Yeah, even with the pushrods, which in no way even hinders an engine. So just do us a favor and shut your hole until you learn a little something about cars.

And in response to your "all american cars make horsepower by displacement." How about this: All cars that aren't American just make horsepower by forced induction

And about the "they compared the Z06 to the new NSX and the porsche 911...and of course like every other comparison the Z06 has a 5.7L and the Porsche has a 3.6L and the NSX has a 3.2L.....and the whole article is about how the Z06 has more power....oh my god it has a 2L displacement advantage of course it is going to have more power...." Did you ever consider this: "The Z06 is naturally aspirated and the Porsche and NSX are both turboed and have more air rammed down there intakes then would fit between the gap the Vette wins by on the race track....they both have a 2 turbo advantage of course they should be able to keep up.....but neither of them can" Maybe you do have smaller engines, but that's no excuss, because you still have the turbos that you have for so long thought were so much better, so quit crying and learn a little. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Man another arrogant American. I havnt read all the threads, but I hope someone put this guy in his place.

PORCHE Carrera = V6 3.6 L Na..tur...ally as...pir...ated
    NSX = V6 3.2 L Na...tura..lly As...pir..ated (Slow enought for you to understand)

<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

"OH MY GOD. I AM IN UTTER DISBELIEF. I have read the first 3 pages of this forum and was freaking out. You guys are actually comparing an rx-7 and a CHEVROLET CORVETTE. I think the RX-7 is a great car, but it has no bussiness trying to compar itself to a Corvette."

I seriously hope you're joking.... you're acting as if the Corvette is some kind of car god and the end all best performance car ever.

"And, just in case no one noticed, this is no damn STOCK RX-7. IT is a SPIRIT R, does anyone know what that R stand for. YES, that right RACING. This car has a price of at least 100,000 dollars."

No, actually the Spirit R RX-7 is a special version of the 2002 RX-7 in Japan, celebrating the last production year for the 3rd generation RX-7. It is not a racing car.

"Now, if you want to compare modded cars. Compare this to a Corvette C5-R. Now we have a real test. Even though a C5 Corvette would blow this "Race" edition away."

You seem to be a little mislead. A 1997 Corvette beats the 1995 RX-7 by two tenths of a second in the quarter mile and is one tenth faster 0-60. Year for year, the RX-7 was faster than the Corvette. Notice that the Corvette is two years newer than the 1995 7)

Add on top of this:

This car is the Japan edition which have always had about 30 more horespower over the US versions (emissions crap etc) and is about 7 years newer allowing for more engine and turbo refinements to create some more horsepower (2002 RX-7 estimated ~295hp) and that isn't even this special Spirit R version.

Seems to me like a C5 Corvette barely beat a two year older US RX-7 in the quarter mile and that if any car was doing the blowing away, it'd be the Spirit R to the C5.

"It makes me sick, none of you(well, I shouldn't say none of you. Spartire, and Z28Vette know what they are talking about)have any repcect for Corvette Heritage. There is just no comparison here."

You really are confused here. Yes, I'm sure the Corvette has a great heritage and I'm not doubting that. However, you seem to think that the Corvette is on some kind of pedastal above all other cars which it certainly is not.

"I'm not saying I don't like Japanese cars. They are good because they are cheap. I can buy a 10,000 Civic, spend 10-15 thousands on mods and it would smoke the shit out of a Vette for 25,000 dollars vs. a 45,000 price of a Vette. But which car would catch more attention on the street? CORVETTE. Which car is gonna be worth more in 20 years? CORVETTE. Which car would god rather drive? CORVETTE. AMERICAN MUSCLE CARS RULE."

You're basing the whole car 'population' of Japan on a Honda economy car. Most Japanese cars are hardly 'cheap'. Just like America, they have their share of crap cars and performance cars.

"Cars were born in America for crying out loud, now all you bastard ass ricers just throw that away like it didn't matter. While Americans inveted cars, all those damn japs had thier head up their ass. Now, just because they made a car lighter with a smaller engine and make it sorta fast you all bail on Classics? Thats bullshit. PEACE"

We are debating the car's performance, not their heritage or history.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? You think an RX-7 can out handle a Corvette. "The Corvette like all american cars is made for 1/4mile racing, and is a heavier car." That is the biggest bunch of bullshit I have ever heard. Yes, America does build cars for drag racing. Chevelle, Charger, etc. I will have you know that a Corvette only weighs 300 pounds more then then a RX-7."

A 1997 C5 Corvette actually weights more than 500 pounds more than a 1995 RX-7 and even though the C5's lateral acceleration Gs aren't listed, I bet it doesn't topple the RX-7's .98G on the skidpad. And to make another point, look at the size of tires of these two cars:

C5 Corvette
    F 245/45ZR-17
    R 275/40ZR-18

RX-7
    225/50R16
    225/50R16

The RX-7 pulls a .98 with patheticly thin stock tires.

"And a RX-7's engine only displaces 80 Cubic inches vs. the 350 Cubic engine of a Corvette."

Is that something to brag about? If anything its a good thing for the RX-7, showing how efficient its engine is. It doesn't need 350 cubic inches to compete.

"The chasis alone of the Vette weighs less then the RX-7's.I apologize for the Jap comment."

Oh really? Where did you find that out? Even though the RX-7 weights 500 pounds less, the Corvette's chassis weights less than the 7's? Intruiging.

"But this forum is trying to compare the RX-7 to a Corvette. There is no comparison."

Why? They are very close in performance year for year.

"I am a die hard Corvette fanatic. But I don't only like them cause they are fast. I feel, overall, they are the best sports car bargain in the world. The Vette runs with its 80,000-300,000 dollar exotic car competitors."

So do RX-7s. They can compete year for year with Corvettes and they actually cost less than them.

Nothing against the Corvette, they're great cars.

22. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

HAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH~! Nuff Said!<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari4ever123</i>

you obviously are a total asshole...
    i think the name Corvette has a bit more history than Porsche
    they are great in their own way, i suggest you pass 9th grade before having an opinion about something you don't know a shit about
    most american cars are crap, i would like to see those Focus' in a couple of years, or maybe those Saturns.......the y junkyard will be full of them, but when you get to the level of the vette it get's better, u know it, don't hate it because it is american, hate it if it real crap ASSHOLE!
    <!-- Signature -->

24. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SoupedUpSupra</i>
    <b>Well, if you're talking about this RX-7 right here, then it would outdo the stock C5 Corvette, basically because of its light weight and the fact that it should cost about $20,000 less, because I'm thinking a Corvette would cost around $58,000, but then again, I don't want to know and I don't even care. (That was for all of you American car fans bragging about how cheap American cars are)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Sorry bud, but a Base Corvette starts at $42,000 and the Z06 starts at $51,000<!-- Signature -->

25. 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

Here we go. This could get messy.<!-- Signature -->