Re: a pretty pathehic car

Discussion in '1993 Nissan Stillen 300 GTZ' started by jap cars suck, Aug 9, 2002.

1. a pretty pathehic car

o-60 in 5.6 seconds when it has 465 hp. That is so low when a vette has 400-410 doing 4.3

2. actually, this stat is crap. i have one w/o turbos and that is about the speed it runs a 60 in about the same time. an NA Z has been track measured w/ a 60 time in a little over 5 sec.

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LR254</i>
    <b>o-60 in 5.6 seconds when it has 465 hp. That is so low when a vette has 400-410 doing 4.3 </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

One of the reasons a zo6 can do 0-60 in 3.9 (not 4.3) is it has 400llbs. of torque so it can transfer the 405hp to the ground...saying this car is pathetic is wrong. It ways 500llbs. more than a z06 and you don't know the torque on the car. Plus the z06 only runs about fourty thousand more anyways. Think before you judge someone else's car...you didn't put the time and money in to it.

Dumbass
    <!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Nissan240</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LR254</i>
    <b>o-60 in 5.6 seconds when it has 465 hp. That is so low when a vette has 400-410 doing 4.3 </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

One of the reasons a zo6 can do 0-60 in 3.9 (not 4.3) is it has 400llbs. of torque so it can transfer the 405hp to the ground...saying this car is pathetic is wrong. It ways 500llbs. more than a z06 and you don't know the torque on the car. Plus the z06 only runs about fourty thousand more anyways. Think before you judge someone else's car...you didn't put the time and money in to it.

Dumbass
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And the 0-60 time is 4.8 and quartermile is 13.1
    <!-- Signature -->

5. I hate to break it to you, but calling this car pathetic is pretty damn stupid considering these are 2 totally different cars you are comparing.... You are comparing a Z06 Corvette to a Nissan Stillen 300 GTZ.... First off you are comparing a 1993 to a 2001 (BIG DIFFERENCE) and then you ae comparing a V6 Twin Turbo to a LS6 V8
    WORST COMPARISON EVER !!!!!

6. I agree with you Epilepsy. You just can't compare this car with the Z06. It's just not fair comparing a 9 years car to a brand new car. Back in 1993, the vette's performance was very similar to this car.

7. This is a nice car, but i would personally love to see what Bomex would do with it, instead of stillen. And if you dont know who Bomex is, get the hell away from the Nissans, and go back to your Honda's, or whatever other gay brand you prefer

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Epilepsy</i>
    <b>I hate to break it to you, but calling this car pathetic is pretty damn stupid considering these are 2 totally different cars you are comparing.... You are comparing a Z06 Corvette to a Nissan Stillen 300 GTZ.... First off you are comparing a 1993 to a 2001 (BIG DIFFERENCE) and then you ae comparing a V6 Twin Turbo to a LS6 V8
    WORST COMPARISON EVER !!!!! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Thanks for trying to stick up for the car but this car has set records that a LS1 V8 still have not broken. There isnt an LS1 that has raced in 2 24hr races plus a 12 hour Sebring and won the all in the same year. Stillens Z did power performacne and endurance in a V6 plus its a V6 that competed in the same class as the Vette as well as the viper GT and GTS and won in both

"1994 - A race-modified Z wins both the 24 Hours of Daytona and the 12 Hours at Sebring. It goes on to win the GTS Class at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, making it the only car ever to accomplish such a record within the same year. And for the fifth straight year, the 300-ZX Turbo is named to the “Ten Best” and “All Stars” lists by Car and Driver and Automobile Magazine, respectively."
    <!-- Signature -->

9. Its not a pathetic car. So maybe those F40 wheel knockoffs look awkward or whatever, and the 0-60 is a bit sluggish, but that doesn't mean this car sucks. This is 10 years old, and plus, with those twin turbos, it has turbo lag. This weighs 1599 kilos, while the Z06, the only Vette I know of that has 400-410 horsepower(405), weighs 1414 kilograms. BIG difference there, pal. The Stillen 300 GTZ weighs over 400 pounds more than the Z06. After I removed the air conditioning in my car(driving at 90+ with the window open is better and cheaper anyway, plus it gives you fresh air), and added a few more modifications, such as Sparco seats, it took off about 250 lb. My Supra runs the Πmile and the track a LOT faster, even after just shaving off 250 pounds. The Πmile time that my Supra now achieves is 10.64 after I installed my new intercooler kit, with a trap speed of 132 MPH. Before, it was 11.05@122 MPH, with the intercooler kit installed. So you see, thats a pretty damn big difference. I haven't even tried it on the track yet. Now how good is your little Z06? But then again, a new stock Supra TT(1998) may cost around $48,000, and it runs the 0-60 in 5 seconds flat. A 94 Supra is even better, with about 4.8 seconds, or somewhere around that area. Stillen probably should have had NOS, to kill that turbo lag.<!-- Signature -->

10. Nice..how much have u spent total on it? not including car

11. I think traction might've been a big problem on this as well. Peeling out too much at the line due to excessive power is no stranger to quarter mile and 0-60 times. 5.6 however does appear to be off.<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TypeS</i>
    <b>I agree with you Epilepsy. You just can't compare this car with the Z06. It's just not fair comparing a 9 years car to a brand new car. Back in 1993, the vette's performance was very similar to this car. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree with you.

13. 2.4 liters of raw power baby...just need some go-go juice quote

r u #$%#in dumb u idiot the nissan 300zx twin turbo comes a 3.0litre V6 for the idoit that wrote the nissan Z come 2.4litre

14. WHO THE HELL PUT UP THIS CRAP ABOUT THE 300ZX

The Normal 300ZX one says 0-60 in 6+seconds when its 5.2 and I know that this one does it under 5 secs. I remember some one asking Stillen for the spec on this car and it was lighter than that too.

Do the people who type up these stats have somthing against this car?

Stuart

15. OK, lets see. Fist of all. a Z06 isn't in the same class as this car, and second of all, this car is front wheel drive therefore there is less power to the wheels and that means it's acceleration times are not as fast. This car is accually a very powerful car, if you think about it.<!-- Signature -->

16. #16 SRRAE, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    The stats are way off

On the
    www.300zx.co.uk
    we actually emailed Stillen about the car and the gave us quite alot of information.

The 5.6 is the stock 0-60 time for a 2+2.
    5.2 for a 2 seater
    and this one was 4.7.

From many sites I have read the stillen was between 4.5-4.7 and stillen them selves said 4.7.

These stats are way out. Like the 1996 Nissan 300ZX on this site.

Stuart

17. Oh my f*cking GOD!ok first of all the stats on this car are so f*cked up,and second of all this car is Rear wheel drive not Front wheel drive!
    Now a normal stock 300ZX TT with 300bhp does 0-60 in about 5.2 seconds,supercars.net is full of shit!
    This one with 400+bhp is probably about 3.9-4.2 seconds 0-60!
    And even though this Z is older than the Z06,it's still in the same class,I think of Gt sportcars.
    But either way I would rather have this Z then the z06!
    Also whoever started this thread is a freaking Moron!

18. Re: The stats are way off

Why would it be only a 1/2 sec quicker with 165 more bhp?
    I thought it would be like a second quicker,but oh well I knew the 5.6 0-60 time was bull shit though.