Re: Are they going to make another model with.......??????

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Are they going to make another model with.......??????

Are they going to make another model with even more hp.(I'm not saying 350hp. isn't enough I just want to know) like one with 400hp. I've heard of rumors about this and every time I look I can't find info. about it. The vette has 350hp. and has a 400hp. version so is the gto going to be the same?<!-- Signature -->

2. I guess no one knows.<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>Are they going to make another model with even more hp.(I'm not saying 350hp. isn't enough I just want to know) like one with 400hp. I've heard of rumors about this and every time I look I can't find info. about it. The vette has 350hp. and has a 400hp. version so is the gto going to be the same?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That's it. Ligenfelter or another tuner might turn out a GTO to around 400 horsepower, no official word on that yet.<!-- Signature -->

4. Holden, the company who makes this have a tuning arm called HSV. They currently make a 400hp version of this. HSV is hoping they will be able 2 export it 2 America soon

5. It won't make it to the states due to emissions (at least not in that form). Besides GM wouldn't have its GTO surpass the corvette in performance. Most likely, it will be handed off to a tuning company like Ligenfelter.<!-- Signature -->

6. God Australia has better looking muscle cars than America. Look at the GTS that is a very fine looking car and also the GTO (australian version) it might use the same engine as all the GM cars but we can make better looking cars our Holdens and Fords are so much better looking.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Tickford Tickla</i>
    <b>God Australia has better looking muscle cars than America. Look at the GTS that is a very fine looking car and also the GTO (australian version) it might use the same engine as all the GM cars but we can make better looking cars our Holdens and Fords are so much better looking.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->That's your opinion I like the gto better that anything else.<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>It won't make it to the states due to emissions (at least not in that form). Besides GM wouldn't have its GTO surpass the corvette in performance. Most likely, it will be handed off to a tuning company like Ligenfelter.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I think it will, because if it has 400hp. the zo6 has 425hp. so it wouldn't surpass the vette. I know what your going to say the zo6 only has 405hp., but it is under rated. When the 2005 vette comes out the gto won't out power the base vette if the 400hp. gto comes out, because it's supposed to have alot of hp. <!-- Signature -->

9. they tweaked the holden engine a lil they said to make it for the north american climates or sumething like that

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>It won't make it to the states due to emissions (at least not in that form). Besides GM wouldn't have its GTO surpass the corvette in performance. Most likely, it will be handed off to a tuning company like Ligenfelter.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I think it will, because if it has 400hp. the zo6 has 425hp. so it wouldn't surpass the vette. I know what your going to say the zo6 only has 405hp., but it is under rated. When the 2005 vette comes out the gto won't out power the base vette if the 400hp. gto comes out, because it's supposed to have alot of hp. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Even if the z06 does actually have your claimed 425, it doesn't matter. The GTO can't surpass the BASE corvette. The corvette MUST be faster than the GTO. GM would not allow a pony car be faster than their expensive sports car. Sure a tuner might put out a 400 hp GTO, but not Pontiac.<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>It won't make it to the states due to emissions (at least not in that form). Besides GM wouldn't have its GTO surpass the corvette in performance. Most likely, it will be handed off to a tuning company like Ligenfelter.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I think it will, because if it has 400hp. the zo6 has 425hp. so it wouldn't surpass the vette. I know what your going to say the zo6 only has 405hp., but it is under rated. When the 2005 vette comes out the gto won't out power the base vette if the 400hp. gto comes out, because it's supposed to have alot of hp. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Even if the z06 does actually have your claimed 425, it doesn't matter. The GTO can't surpass the BASE corvette. The corvette MUST be faster than the GTO. GM would not allow a pony car be faster than their expensive sports car. Sure a tuner might put out a 400 hp GTO, but not Pontiac.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I don't believe that. gm made cien out power the vette.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re:

maybe they're gonna make a more powerful vette to fit in a more powerful GTO?
    what is the most powerful production corvette anyway. im guessing it would be a C4B chev 350, same as whats in the HSV GTS, tho if i know my facts i would say that the corvette version would be better.
    say 320kw? maybe 350kw?