Re: Austrian Grand Prix

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari F2002' started by Porsche LVR, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Austrian Grand Prix

Is anyone else pissed of Ferrari's Decision to pull Barchello aside and let Shumacher pass just before the the last lap of the race. <!-- Signature -->

2. Yeah, real pissed off, Ferrari were already 1-2, IMO the Driver's championship should be an individual thing, MS is going to win the title this year anyway (unless he has an accident) so it was a complete PR botch-up.

3. I think the GREAT problem here WAS:

Jean Todd WASN'T so stupid to say "let him pass in the last lap"

I think this was an ANSWER from Barriccelo to the World.

Since, he already re-signed a new contract he decides to "tell" what's happening.

This is the first time ? I don't think so.

Is Schumacher in the same level of Lauda, Prost, Mansell, Senna, and specially Fangio ?

Not now. Not this year. Maybe next year.

They all were champions without this kind of SHAME.

This is NOT the right way to be a champion.

Are they a team like basketball, football and stuff ? Good, so forget the driver's championship !! And stay ONLY with the Team chamionship.<!-- Signature -->

4. Lido, read up on how Fangio won the 1956 championship, Prost the 1989 Championship, Senna the 1990 Championship, and no-one seriously believes that either Mansell or Lauda are better drivers than Schumacher, Team orders have been around since Motor Racing began. It was a team botch-up, MS is not to blame, Todt/Brawn whoever made the decision is to blame.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ReeK</i>
    <b>Lido, read up on how Fangio won the 1956 championship, Prost the 1989 Championship, Senna the 1990 Championship, and no-one seriously believes that either Mansell or Lauda are better drivers than Schumacher, Team orders have been around since Motor Racing began. It was a team botch-up, MS is not to blame, Todt/Brawn whoever made the decision is to blame.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok, maybe that's why I don't like F1...

It's a circus and we are the clowns.<!-- Signature -->

6. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

what motorsport do you follow? other than Le Mans because you obviously follow that, judging by your knowledge of how well the Viper's do.

7. I know that MS was not to blame but if Barchello had refused to let MS pass the Ferrari team probably would of cut his engine.
    They can probably do that<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ReeK</i>
    <b>If you don't like it, don't watch it.

what motorsport do you follow? other than Le Mans because you obviously follow that, judging by your knowledge of how well the Viper's do.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I NEVER watch F1, Brother !!!

I heard about Ferrari on internet and CNN !!!

I like to watch rallies, GT championships and Le Mans.

WHAT IF Barrichelo WAS YOU ?

Will you be happy ?

If you're playing basketball and when you're about to make a point they call you saying "WAIT don't throw the ball, yet !!! Wait bellow the basket 'till Michael Jordan reachs you and give the ball to him...

"YOU'RE NOT BEEN PAID TO MAKE POINTS...."

If you find somebody cheating in rallies, GT ot Le Mans and go to a site blamimg them I'll AGREE with you.<!-- Signature -->

9. Lido, I'm totally against what Ferrari did, but it was legal, and I don't see how the FIA could ban team orders and police it properly.

10. We all just about agree that the Austria farce was so unneccessary. Next race is Monaco and i hope being a ferrari and Schummi fan (not so proudly for obviuos reasons but still an avid fan)That Ferrari wins with a 1-2 like last year and the best man wins . I think ferrari got quite a shock with the reaction from the Austria. So i reckon it wont happen for a while to soon or so blatantly.
    Lets all hope for better racing........

11. It was a travesty what they did to Barrichello at the Austrian Gran Prix. He raced an incredible race and completely deserved the win, not Schumacher. Let Barichello keep the points to prevent this kind of thing from happening. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they force Barichello to do the same thing at another race last season? And finally, no it wasn't Schumacher's fault what happened, but he is to blame. I would've slowed down behind Barichello, to give him the win and the glory he deserved.<!-- Signature -->