Re: Azn or American?

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by Bluey, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Exactly, that's all there is to it....<!-- Signature -->

2. american cars rules and this since the 50's!

3. only have a look on the past of the american car industry with the hemi,with the front wheel drive cars like the eldorado and the toronado and with the vette.

4. did u know...?
    that Jaguar was bigger then Porche back the day...
    Not that has any thing to do with what were all talkin' about.<!-- Signature -->

5. of course but jaguar is owned by ford so it is indirectly american, no?

6. So.... what were we talking about?<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ViciousViper96</i>
    <b>Yeah, I like a lot of different kinds of cars, but Vipers are still probably my favorite car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Couldn't have said it better myself.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ViciousViper96</i>
    <b>Yeah, I like a lot of different kinds of cars, but Vipers are still probably my favorite car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Couldn't have said it better myself.

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ViciousViper96</i>

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 426 Hemistage 8</i>
    <b>of course but jaguar is owned by ford so it is indirectly american, no?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Mazdas are American cars. Ford owns them. So Mazdas are built very tough and they can last.<!-- Signature -->

11. exactly but their spirit is still japanese.

12. Mazdas ain't owned by ford are they...
    If so i will be forced to dislike Mazda 'cause any thin' that has to with ford is gay by my books.<!-- Signature -->

13. #63 venomGTR, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Fact is the viper could not keep up with street driven asian cars that dip into four digit horsepower. Bare in mind the difference and engine size.

I'd like all you yankee iron-lubbers to go to www.exvitermini.com,
    the guy who runs the site has a Nissan Skyline GT-R with over 1400hp from a 2.6 litre engine.
    That is NO nitrous oxide, nitromethane or methanol, just a good engine tuned well.
    No american iron can make that kind of specific horsepower, top fuel dragsters make that kind of horsepower but need to run on about 70% nitromethane ($200 a gallon).

Also look at his fine selection of japanese supercars. Notably a 220mph run on tokoyos wangan motorway (GT-R) and a 200mph supra in the UK. Both cars 100% street driven.
    You'll see that cars like the 800TT that have people creaming their jeans and henessey engineers patting themselves on the back are just slightly below par compared to street driven beasts in asian.
    If 2.6 and 3.0 litre engines can make four digit horsepower without any cheap tricks, where are the 2000hp + turbo vipers hmmm?.

14. im asian and i love american cars simply because there better than azn cars there cheaper to fix and some people say imports dont break down as often big deal it will eventually have somin go wrong and thats hell on youre wallet with imports. Imports are also kinda small (usually) im 6'2 and id b glad if i could fit my right nut in a civic. O yea there are alwayz the import guys sayin well research shows that if u go into a auto service shop and check the logs u c 2/3 of the cars are amierican well 2/3 of the cars on the road are american. lol if n e of u ever get a chance to go to japan dont forget to pay attention to all the chryslers and gm's u will c drivin around.

15. wow! i am the hell#$%# astonished! i didn't know that japanese prefer the american cars to their own production cars!