Re: Brera vs M3

Discussion in '2002 Alfa Romeo Brera Concept' started by rex4ev, Aug 9, 2002.

1. i agree. it is as perfect as it can be allready.<!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from love of cars</i>
    <b>would a hood scoop spoil its looks or will it make it look more aggressive?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

IMO , the Brera design mustn't be changed.

3. would a hood scoop spoil its looks or will it make it look more aggressive?<!-- Signature -->

4. The Brera and M3 should be pretty even price-wise, but the engines are completely different. 300kW V8 vs. 252kW I6? Real even comparison there. I wouldn't really say Alfa is Ferrari for the masses either...I tend to like the latest Maserati Coupè and Spyder more.<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ZILGAM0R</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LAMBOGT1</i>
    <b>I think Brera is correctly compared with M3.It is my opinion anyway....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Umm, price-wise perhaps, not so in the engine stakes. 300kW V8 vs. 252kW I6? Real fair. Furthermore, the engine is Ferrari-developed, so I wouldn't take it too personally. <!-- Signature -->

6. True, my mistake: M5 has 4.9 litre V8, not a 4.2...getting a bit confused with the Maserati Coupè there. Thanks for spotting the mixup.<!-- Signature -->

7. It is a bit unfair to compare a V8 with a Inline 6 but i really do beleive (past experience with Alfas) that even the mighty M5 will have a hard time beating this Alfa, and I am not talking about around a track, just in say 1000meters or so.

Alfisimo

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LAMBOGT1</i>
    <b>Are you a stupid rehab? You can't compare a car with 400hp to a car with 240 horsepower. So who ever created this forum is a complete retard. that is all i have to say. ooooh and concept car don't compare too nicely with production cars
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->First of all learn how much horsepower M3 has.Secondly with what car would you compare it?M3 GTR?Don't think so...GTR costs 225.000 as much as 3 breras.Some people estimate its value near 60.000.I don't know how you can estimate a consepts value since it depends on how many model it will produce.Even if it is correctly estimated, alfa will not produce this car with doors opening like the concept and many other cutdows in order to minimize cost.So I think Brera is correctly compared with M3.It is my opinion anyway....<!-- Signature -->

9. For a start Lambogt, the M3 boasts 343 hp, not 240. Plus injected, the engine placed in this car will make it to production because... it already is. It's the same ferrari developed engine mounted on the Masseriati Spyder (remember all these brands belong to Fiat) and it boasts 390 hp from 4.2 (not 4) liters. I supose they will tweak it somewhat to gain those 10 extra horses they claim it will have. This is a concept, but its rolling. They've been testing it in the Jarama circuit in Spain. It's almost production ready (think late 2003 early 2004) and will be priced around an M5. Seriously, I don't think these two cars can really be compared. The M5 is damn quick, and great fun to drive, but seats 5 in luxury and comfort. Don't expect that amount of space from this concept. The M5 is the designers triumph of understated menace, the Brera is breathtakingly bold. Is 4WD better than RWD? For me, only if the car is just as fun to drive (I'm thinking of Audi Quattros which understeer so badly, you hardly get any pleasure out of driving them, with notable exeptions of course). So if it is 4WD like the lancer or a porche, then great!! Personaly, I think it will be. Alfa knows how to tune chasis' (think 156 and 147). I bet this will be a hell of a car, if you like the love it or hate it styling. I love it. Brera or BMW? Hmmmmm..... damn, I seriously don't know, and I think thats the greatest compliment anyone can giva Alfa

10. i have to say the M3 will win, because of all the good i hear about it. just because its a 400hp concept, dont mean it will make to production with that, or even make it into production at all. look at the XJ220, it was a concept in like 92 or sumtin wit a v-12, made it into production with a twin turbo v-6.

11. I don't know much about Alfa Romeo or BMW. But I feel that this car would beat the M3 (stock). The M5, I'm not sure who would win. Plus, the Bera doesn't even have numbers released. I'm assuming that it'll be fast due to the design ( I love the headlights). Design-wise I'll take this over the M3. The only reason why people are siding with BMW, is because it's BMW. BMW seems like the cooler choice, so to speak.

Comparing cars is good, but don't get to carried away with it people. Respect both parties in a comparison no matter where or whom the car comes from. Simple statement: Don't talk s#it if you can't do better than s#it.<!-- Signature -->

12. I think this car would beat a normal M3 and tie with an M3 CSL in a race. That's my 2.2 cents (including GST).<!-- Signature -->

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>brera vs M3 ??

Is this a joke ?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Nope!!<!-- Signature -->

14. To Mofomenator......

Please increase your knowledge before posting anymore remarks.
    Alfa Romeo has plenty of heritage, as much as BMW, as they been
    in production for long time, and their race record is as impressive as BMW if not better in the old days.

and lastly....

heritage and passion isn't something you can measure in same scale, because they represent different value.

Mofo.......<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McMan</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from matt211</i>
    <b>This thing will kick the crap out of an M3 and an M5, the only car that could give this alpha a bit of an ass whipping would be a Evo Vi!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Beat an M3 and an M5? Well I'll believe that when I see it!
    The only place an EVO would have <b>any<b> chance against an M3 or an M5 is on a rally course, how it could beat this 'eater of M5's' is unknown to me.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Evo VI is not ONLY a Rally car my dear, they pitted the Evo VI against the M3 here in OZ and the Evo clearly ran away from the M3 in performance, the M3 is a better performer than the M5 so u tell me if the M5 can stick against the Evo VI..

16. brera vs M3 ??

Is this a joke ?

17. The M5 is a 5.0 V8 not a 4.0, the Brera is a bit more than an M3, i guess it is a bit of an unfair comparison but it'll finish the M5.

18. I think that this is absolutely awesome. I love the M3, but I would take this over it.
    Anyone agree that Alfa Romeo is a Ferrari for the masses?<!-- Signature -->

19. of course it would be beaten...this is a concept<!-- Signature -->

20. tough choice
    m3 is better lookin, and can hold five people
    but this has a six speed, and 400hp
    and im sure the exhaust note like a lot of the alfas is pure ferrari
    alfa<!-- Signature -->

21. the M5 has an 4.9L(5.0) V8, not a 4.0, NOR an 4.2<!-- Signature -->

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CadillacLover</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ZILGAM0R</i>
    <b>Even if it is an alfa romeo I think in overall will be better than M3.It is a concept though but if it reaches production I suppose it will have the same price as the M3 but more horsepower.Don't forget the 4WD...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Don't ask stupid questions people will answer them and make you feel a little more stupid than you already are!!!! Dumb-****...HeHeHe </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I like that you justify your opinion.I won't spend my time talking to you.If you want to do chatting,obviously you do, go to yahoo.com.I hope your next post will be about cars....Ta Ta!!!<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MrMetalHead82</i>
    <b>This car probably would come out on top against an M3, the main reason being it runs an obviously well-engineered 4.0 litre V8. This engine musters the same sort of power which comes from the current M5's 4.2 litre V8, although the E39 M5 is starting to show its age now and will be updated soon. A fitter rival for this car would probably be the M3 GTR Strassenversion, as it too runs a 4.0 litre V8. Doubtless the GTR would come out on top though, as it is basically a road-legal race car, and probably costs a fair bit more anyway. Fair enough if Alfa could better BMW in a fair contest, but pitching a 3.2 litre straight six in RWD form against the Brera's V8 with 4WD is an unfair comparison. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I believe the ///M5 has a 4.0L V8...not 4.2
    <!-- Signature -->

24. It is a concept, but it's a concept which is ready for production. Check out Italdesigns web-page. I think this could beat an M3 (although I doubt it), but it's more likely to be priced up there with the M5 (if they keep the engine). I'd take an M5 over this anyday.

Anyway, this is still a fantastic car - let's hope it doesn't have the fall-apart factor of other Alfa's.

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ZILGAM0R</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McMan</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from matt211</i>
    <b></b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Beat an M3 and an M5? Well I'll believe that when I see it!
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->The specs show that.Only if the weight is to be over 2000kgs M3 will have advantage.Cornering will be I suppose better than the M3 because of the fact it is an Alfa,because of the 4WD and finally because M3 is designed for comfort aswell.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Retarded

This is a CONCEPT, the V8 will be dropped for an engine they produce because this isn't there engine. Next It has no chance taking an M3 let alone the M5, lastly Alfa may have Passion, BMW has Heritge I'd take Heritge over Passion anyday of the week.<!-- Signature -->