Re: Callaway C12R

Discussion in '2001 Callaway C12-R' started by locoako786, Aug 9, 2002.

1. dunno they shud really update this site

2. LOL the Raptor, what a car. Gotta love the flat plane 2 peice window!

3. I remember pulling up next to one at a stoplight bout 6 months after i got my license. I was in total shock that someone in my town had one, then come to find out that it was one of the kids at our schools dad that owned it.

It's still to this day one of the sexiest cars i've ever seen.

4. Callaway C12R

This is a beautiful car!

5. yes it certainly is!<!-- Signature -->

6. It looks good, but it doesnt get the job done on the race track. I guess if they can cut down on the problems, they could win more.

7. Yeah, they are having their share of problems this year. But hey, what can you expect for a first-year entry car. Infact this is the first season for the C12R racing program. By the way, is the racing program run by Callaway itself or by a Privateer team?!

8. Looks good...but I would hardly call 480hp from a 426cid engine "supernatural".

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GT40FIED</i>
    <b>Looks good...but I would hardly call 480hp from a 426cid engine "supernatural".</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    who called it that?<!-- Signature -->

10. This car is f****** sweet specialy when your standing right beside it!
    *knees shacking*

11. get a V12 in this shit and it'll kill the competition<!-- Signature -->

12. "Supernatural" is just a buzzword coined by Reeves or someone on his team. I don't think anyone really knows what the hell it means though. And yeah they ddin't do to well in the ALMS last season. Maybe they should take some lessons from the Mosler team on how to build a race car. For those who don't know, Mosler built a car called the MT900 based largley on the Corvette (some called it an Uber-Vette) and raced in the GT division. What's more it was faster than the fastest GTS car (on that particular track anyway).

By the way, does the C12R compete in GT, GTS, or a another class? I haven't seen to much coverage on the car.

13. it compets in the gts i think cuz its a production car or will be an in la mans i did do good cuz it got in a huge wreck with a lot of other cars<!-- Signature -->

14. Supernatural is just a div of Callaway.<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GT40FIED</i>
    <b>Looks good...but I would hardly call 480hp from a 426cid engine "supernatural".</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It is the company's engine division. Le Mans rules only allow 400bhp.<!-- Signature -->

16. the car is nice off and on the track
    as somone already said it is a first year entry so its actually preforiming well, they will have a killer tema soon this is the begging

17. WOW! LOOKS NICE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY STATS ABOUT THIS CAR? LIKE TOPSPEED AND 0-60?

18. talk a out a car ! them mutha#$%#az gota be prety quick ! DAMN IT NOW I WANT ONE<!-- Signature -->

19. this car is awesome

20. this car actually competes in gt not gts and the stock version has a top speed of around 200. i think it's actually 198mph

21. Cool thanks, I thought 480bhp was a little low for a GTS car as the C5-R produces upwards of 600 and I'm quite certain thats limited.

On the side, what exactly defines a GTS car from a GT? I know what cars are in the classes, I just want to know why. It seems all Porsche's are in GT, and its just S7R's, Vipers GTS-R's, and C5-R's in GTS. It'd be nice to see a F50 or Murcilago (or however to spell it) in there within this year or next.

22. First off DrFoo, sadly you won't be seeing a Le Mans version of the Ferrari F50 racing because Ferrari is stuck too much on Formula 1 right now...although they did make prototype F50 racer (Ferrari F50 GT)! As for the Murcielago(I don't think that's spelled right) you might just see that in LeMans sometime soon, as I've heard Lamborghini plans on developing a race-ready prototype version this year. But to answer your other question, there are 4 (can be 5) racing catagories in Le Mans.

LMP900 - Closed-wheel, purpose-built racing chassis. Limited to 90 litre fuel tanks, six forward gears, 6.0 litre normally aspirated, 5.0 litre supercharged, or 4.0 litre turbocharged engines, carbon fiber brake discs and 16 inch wheels. The cars, except in specific cases, may weigh no less than 900 kilograms. Includes cars such as the Panoz LMP 07 and LMP-1, Riley & Scott Mk3C, Lola B2K, Audi R8, Cadillac/Northstar and Reynard 01Q.

LMP675 - The cars cannot weigh less than 675 kg, but are similar to LMP 900 cars in most specifications. Engines are limited to 3.4 litre (normally aspirated), 2.7 litre (supercharged), and 2.0 litre (turbocharged). The cars use carbon fiber brake discs that can be slightly smaller than LMP 900 cars, and 14-inch wheels.

GTS - The GTS class is comprised of production-based, two-wheel drive open or closed cockpit cars. Limited to 100 litre fuel tanks, six forward gears, 8.0 litre normally aspirated, 6.0 litre supercharged, and 4.0 litre turbocharged engines, and 14 inch wheels. Carbon fiber brake discs are permitted.

GT - The GT class is comprised of production-based, two-wheel drive open or closed cockpit cars. Limited to 100 litre fuel tanks, six forward gears and 14 inch wheels. Carbon fiber brake discs are NOT permitted. The cars, except in specific cases, may weigh no less than 1100 kilograms. Cars are allowed normally aspirated engines up to 8.0 litres, 6.0 litre supercharged engines, or utilizing turbocharging up to 4.0 litres

(GTP) - Low-volume, production-based, two-wheel drive cars formerly known as the "GT1" class. Limited to 90 litre fuel tanks, five or six forward gears, carbon fiber brake discs and 14 inch wheels. The cars, except in specific cases, may weigh no less than 900 kilograms. Unibody constructed cars are permitted to compete with normally aspirated engines up to 8.0 litres in displacement, 6.0 litre supercharged, and turbocharged engines up to 4.0 litres. Though popular in the past, closed-roof Prototypes are rare now. Bentley will run a new GTP car this year at Le Mans and possibly in some ALMS races later in the year.

copy this from an ALMS site!;)

23. Supernatural is the moniker Callaway gives it's naturally aspirated engines.

Mosler sucks. j/k. But you have to remember the... um... beautiful... Mosler Raptor, ah, yes, that boat-flipped-over with the fantastic drag coefficient. As for the MT900, it's really the next level, after the C12, of what you can do when you take a Corvette apart, and thank heavens someone threw that monster in the back seat, I was curious what would happen. It's not worth the price, though, for all the parts they carry over from the Corvette. Warren Mosler has been trying for years to turn a profit.

This has got to be the most beautiful modern car.

24. Did a Mosler flip in Le Mans? I remember three Mercedes CLK-GTRs flipping in the same year, but I've never heard of a Mosler flipping during a race.