Re: camaro ZL1 could beat its ass

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by Will938, Aug 10, 2002.

1. These are some of the most ill-informed or ignorant posts from import enthusiasts I've ever seen. Congratulating each other and telling them their facts are 100% correct.

1. Chevy changed the 350 in the mid 80's, then again in '97.

2. Inline 6 aint the greatest thing out there.

3. The ZL1 is AWD.

4. The 350 is capable of 1200 HP NA.

5. The car that set the record for RWD Street Legal is a '55 Chevy Bel Air with its POS V-8 running 5.55.

6. In '88 Chevy or Callaway rather created a 880 HP Twin Turbo engine that passed emissions.

7. When making a high performance engine complex = bad.

8. About this 300ZX, I went there and didn't see it, what record does it hold?

2. camaro's r boagan crap

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from accordsirh22a</i>
    <b>Your lack of knowledge about even your own breed of vehicles is amusing to me. Go ahead and turbo that big ass V8 of yours, but you aren't gonna pass an emmissions test with it guaranteed. Once agian, you forgot about reality. Just like the fact that your ZL1 isn't even a production car, it's a concept. That being said, Chevy knows damn well no one would buy the POS for one, it would cost way too much for American junk. Like I said, go ahead and turbo your V8. The fact is, your cast iron POS engine couldn't handle the added stresses of being turboed. You already got a big engine and still can't beat the Japs much smaller turboed engines. Are you forgetting that these Jap engines are about 1/3 the size of yours, and you are sitting there whinning about them having a turbo. Why? It's called reality my friend. You know damn well your car in Japan is getting rocked to bits by the turbo cars over there. Look at the whole perspective man. That ZL1 isn't touchin this Blitz on the track. Hands down, no questions asked. So stop bitchin, and face the facts. You bought an American engineered piece of crap that breaks down much more then necessary, and really isn't a performance car at all. That's why they call it a muscle car. It's got the numbers to back it up, but no real (reality) performace figures. Just like if you can lift 600lbs over your head, does that mean that you can kick a professional boxers ass that can only lift 300lbs? Get your head out your stubborn American lovin ass, and look at real figures, and do your homework before you post up some bullshit.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->You speak as if you knew anything about american cars you show your ignorance right of the bat the engine is a lightweight aluminum block engine probably much like the LS1 or LS6 . And how easily you forget how much better our Turbo Charged engines were comepared to yours? Thus why the Grand National GTX always destroyed supras as they were no match intresting how an american engine with turbo destroyed a far supior jap car isnt it? anyway i think this is a stoopid thread but i just wanted to point out your stoopidity i wouldnt want to try to turn a ZL1 while it was moving it would be a tast in its self to keep it on the road
    <!-- Signature -->

4. First off, STUPIDITY is how out spell it moron. And it's a Grand National GNX not GTX. I am well aware of the GNX and it's abilities, but once again, you are looking at straight line performance. I am also aware that the GNX was only produced in 1987 and only 547 were made, and McLaren did most of the performace "tweeking" for GM. The regular Grand National is still a very fast "DRAG" car, but a Supra would waste this car to bits on the track (meaning other then drag strip for you American rednecks that don't quite understand the meaning of a real race). Some advantages to the GN over the Supra is it's for one a bigger engine 3.8L V6 vs. the Supras 3.0 I6. The GN is also a big single turbo setup with allows for more power then the Supras smaller Twin Turbo setup. Give the Supra a little bit bigger engine and a single turbo, then compair them and be prepaired to be dissappointed. My thoughts on the GN is that GM accidentally made a fast car. So fast, that the same year Corvette was being beatin on the strip by this car. GM couldn't have that happening, so they stopped making the GN altogether. The JUN Supra (do you even know who JUN is?) made a top speed run of 249mph in the salt flats this past year. This car had the original engine highly moddified, the chassis still a UniBody, and all body parts were still on the car. I want to see you do that with a GN with a stock engine highly modified on pump gas without NOS just like the Supra did. The fastest top speed run for a GN that I have ever seen was about a year ago on ESPN and it ran to 201mph highly moddified on pump gas without NOS and it was a UniBody too. Sorry about the Cast Iron comment, you got me on that one. I just assummed since Chevy is still using the same piece of shit pushrod 350 5.7L V8 it did back in the 50's, that it hadn't even heard of aluminum. So, you struck out again my friend. My lack of knowledge?????

5. One more thing to let you ponder over Muscle Man. HKS (have you even heard of them??) has a couple drag Supras running around over in Japan that do the 400m (our 1/4 mile is 402m) in high 6's low 7's. Now, they are using the USDM Lexus GS400 4.0L V8 with Twin Turbos, not the 3.0L I6. The only thing is, it still uses pump gas (very high octane in Japan) without NOS. Compair that to our ProStock drag cars with big 500 cu/in V8 mountain motors with 2 4 barrel carbs on NOS, I'd say the Japs are doing very well for themselves wouldn't you. I got OPTION videos to prove it too if you don't believe me. America just can't compete anywhere anymore. The Japanesse are also just now starting to play with NOS. Watch out for em, cause they are about to unleash some serious shit. My base model Accord LX 2.2L I4 non-vtec is all aluminum, block and head. What's yours????

6. Are you really so parinoid to think that a POS crapvette could beat this car. I think that you and your crapvette have an inferiority complex.<!-- Signature -->

7. camaro ZL1 could beat its ass

"The AMERICAN CAR" the camaro has always been better than any japanese car. I think that the Camaro ZL1 could completely beat the BLitz Skylines ass any day, if you look at the top speed the Camaro has 370 kph and the Skyline has 343.3 kph. The acceleration is better on the camaro too with 0-60 mph in 2.7 seconds. The skylines accerleration is 0-60 mph in 3.0 seconds. The camaro has a better engine with an AMERICAN V8 and the Skyline has a crappy japanese inline 6. Even though the Skyline develops more horsepower it still has less top end than the camaro. The camaro and the Skyline have 770 hp and 850 hp respectively.

8. He's actually right. You skyline boys should check out the Camaro ZL1. You'd be suprised on what it can do. It actually races on open roads very well too. NOt to mention it's a damn street monster. Not ripping on this car though I like it a lot. But unlikely I'll ever own one. I can buy a ZL1 engine now and easily tune my car identically and have one of the fastest cars for under a 100grand. Now that's impressive!<!-- Signature -->

9. I hate to sound like a rycer, but the Blitz would beat that thing's ass on a track. That much torque to the rear wheels of a car with a front engine would make it very, very prone to oversteer. The Skyline would have about 2/3 that amount to the rear wheels, so it could take the corners faster without being in danger of spinning out. Also, the 4WS and the computer controls help. The high rev range and awesome getrag tranny give a driver more options, and you can't beat a Skyline for usable grip.<!-- Signature -->

10. U suck u know it can smoke the camaro like wow so shut your trap and think before u say. The Nissan Skyline GTR R348 is the best unlike your cheap ass american crap.

11. You guys should check out the HKS tuned Skyline GT-R 1000bhp
    0-60 in 2.6s Q mile in 9.3s and top speed of 238mph.<!-- Signature -->

12. once again a miscommunication. Sure off the line and top speed the Camaro wins, around the track it wouldn;t even be a competition, that i am sure of, one thing that most American cars are NOT known for is setting track records, which this Skyline has done a lot of. They have different purposes, one is track racing, the other is V8 muscle car that sounds great and hauls on a straight away.

13. actually muscle_cars the "American Car" was a chevy corvette not your beloved camaro. get your facts straight then you will be allowed to talk

14. One is built for dragging. The other is built for track racing. It would be a good match on either side anyway, but you can't say one car is better than the other when they are meant to perform different tasks.<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ruffend</i>
    <b>You guys should check out the HKS tuned Skyline GT-R 1000bhp
    0-60 in 2.6s Q mile in 9.3s and top speed of 238mph.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Veilside Skyline , 1/4 mile in 9.225s ; 0 to 186 mph in 13.72s !!

16. well uhm .....NO im sorry the skyline r34 gtr blitz will totally eat the zl1 the japanese engine is so much more complexed and more advanced then the zl1 and on top of that the skylines have hicas. Being 4wd you can take corners so much better then you could in the zl1. Oh and the stats for the zl1 are done on slicks the blitz r34 was done on sports tyres (less grip on take off)

17. yea the camaro goes really fast... in a straght line.

18. There is no way in hell that a domestic can beat a beauty like this. Inline 6 baby, it rules over all.

19. #19 fAiRlAdYz, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    don't bag on this skyline, it'll beat anycar on the street, it ain't about the track on a straightaway. And camaro isn't the fastest one, it's a nissan 300zx, it goes 419.84 k and that's around 260 mph. Go to www.junauto.co.jp/democarjb-z32/index.html?en and see for urself and the record remains unbroken retards.

20. just goto mkiv.com, then tuners, then jun, then demo cars and it's the second to the bottom.

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CORNERHO</i>
    <b>Being raised around muscle cars (1970 CHEVELLE SS 396 5sp) i understand that you might THINK that they are the best but you must understand that what WAS the best is no longer the best.For every American muscle car, there is a import Jap or Euro that will beat it hands down. Look at it like it was a track meet,there are many events to compete in to win not just the 100yd dash.You must have a car that is able to perform ALL things well not just step on the gas and go.I also don't believe you should down Jap cars so hard when they take HALF of what we have in the US and post times with in tenths of seconds to our Mustangs and Camaros.And remember that those are the Jap cars that they SEND to the US, not the ones they keep, cuz those of us in the "know",know that what we don't know WILL hurt us. CORNERHO</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->That car is named the Z06 Corvette. Also don't forget the cars with the smaller engies that are posting faster times are never naturaly asperated. If we threw a turbo on every freaking engine we made trust me they wouldn't be able to touch us with a ten foot pole, and do you mean those of us in the "NOW"?<!-- Signature -->

22. Your lack of knowledge about even your own breed of vehicles is amusing to me. Go ahead and turbo that big ass V8 of yours, but you aren't gonna pass an emmissions test with it guaranteed. Once agian, you forgot about reality. Just like the fact that your ZL1 isn't even a production car, it's a concept. That being said, Chevy knows damn well no one would buy the POS for one, it would cost way too much for American junk. Like I said, go ahead and turbo your V8. The fact is, your cast iron POS engine couldn't handle the added stresses of being turboed. You already got a big engine and still can't beat the Japs much smaller turboed engines. Are you forgetting that these Jap engines are about 1/3 the size of yours, and you are sitting there whinning about them having a turbo. Why? It's called reality my friend. You know damn well your car in Japan is getting rocked to bits by the turbo cars over there. Look at the whole perspective man. That ZL1 isn't touchin this Blitz on the track. Hands down, no questions asked. So stop bitchin, and face the facts. You bought an American engineered piece of crap that breaks down much more then necessary, and really isn't a performance car at all. That's why they call it a muscle car. It's got the numbers to back it up, but no real (reality) performace figures. Just like if you can lift 600lbs over your head, does that mean that you can kick a professional boxers ass that can only lift 300lbs? Get your head out your stubborn American lovin ass, and look at real figures, and do your homework before you post up some bullshit.

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ibanez281</i>
    <b>One is built for dragging. The other is built for track racing. It would be a good match on either side anyway, but you can't say one car is better than the other when they are meant to perform different tasks.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I couldn't agree more... It is like comparing a F-15 with a B-52, two totally different tasks at hand. I do not care for Japanese sports cars and have always loved American muscle, but I have to admit this car is pretty damn nice.<!-- Signature -->

24. Acceleration in a straight line the Camaro would win, top speed the Camaro would win, but on the track the Skyline would kill the Camaro.
    It wouldn't even be a race.

25. #25 imprezalover, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    I want you all to know that the imports that you are so willing to put down are the imports that are gettin quicker times in the quarter mile, are winning rally races, and are dominating sales in the U.S.A. Although some of them are made out to be faster than they really are, this is one that is not. http://tucars24.valuehost.ru/2001_jun_akira_supra.htm http://tucars24.valuehost.ru/1994_escudo_pikes_peak.htm

And just so you know, those are the real motors down there. None of that pussy shit like V-6 or V-8.
    <!-- Signature -->