Re: Corvette VS NSX

Discussion in '2003 Chevrolet Corvette 50th Anniversary' started by Gamer55, Aug 9, 2002.

1. now here is what i have gathered on this thread.

1. we have al pretty much agreed that the vette is a better performer overall no just for the money, that is stock and Z06.

2. We have discussxed the merits of the NSX's extra cost and debated them as being due to quality, reliability, longevity, and prestige/luxury.

hmmm. Interesting. my take, which i am sure no one wants is this. The NSX is more expensive due to its different setup (mid/rear) exclusivity in numbers and being hand built (which if i am not mistaken so is the vette in bowling green kentucky). Now if you ask me, and i am no economics or business major...oh wait yes i am, those three things can all be acomplished by marketing. The nssx has a different design which makes it immediatly stand out against the rest of the major car manufacturers top cars so there fore honda has a huge HUGE advantage in that it is alread exclusive in its design. Now all that they have got to do is make it exclusive in numbers and jack up the price!! And i think that this is what happened. same with the viper, different car, not many close competitors, make it low in nuber and raise price. All it is is supply vs demand high demand low supply = high price.

I believ that the vette could be done the same way, even though that is not the history of the vette to be a high priced exclusive car it is to be the poor mans ferrarri if you will. If chevrolet had decided to produce only 10,000 vettes per year and then sell them at 65,000 the way that they are today, they would sell every stinkin one every year. Because partially of the name and partially because it
    is such a kick ass car. i dont think that anyone could argue that, due to the fact that as the vette is now to get a new one at most dealers there is a waiting list.

The only bitching that i have heard from any of the many many vette owner that i know and hang out with (being a member of a vette/fbody club will do that to you) is about little electrical snaf foos that shouldnt happen, but they are not anything major (just the automatic night sensing headlights not working properly or the light that shines on the shifter when the headlights are on not turning on stuff like that) The vette in my experience is a wonderful car. no reliability issues so far (,y fathers has 75,000 on it and is a convertable) no leaky seals around the targa tops in the club around the windows in the convertables. nothing. The NSX probably does have nicer leater inside and it damn well better being 30+K more expensive why would it not? The NSX damn well bett have more luxury features inside even though no one yet has even mentioned one of these exclusive luxury items that the NSX has that the vette is lacking. I would like to know what they are.

In short, the NSX is more expensive due to a very wise marketing decision on the part of honda, by making exclusive in numbers and then also putting it under the acura nameplate to make it exclusive in name as well as design, that is why your NSX cost more, nothing else.

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bigrob</i>
    <b>BMW i thinhk that there is more to the price tag than what you say. It also has to do with marketing, i have heard nothing from you or anyone else to prove that the NSX has 30,000 dollars more quality and reliability than the vette. I believe that most of the price is the due to good marketing by honda and the fact that they did an incredible job creating demand for the differently engineered NSX.

Everyone seems to think that the nsx has more luxury than the vette yet no one has been able to say what it has that the vette does not. No one has been able to give proof of the "much greater" quality and reliability of the NSX either. I personally think that the marketing and the greater demand created by honda is what created such a difference in price. The difference in materials is not that great, nor is the quality and reliability gap. And no one can seem to prove differently. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Let's put luxury aside for a second. If you want "proof" why don't you go read Consumer's Report Auto Magazine who uses the insight of top mechanics, automotive assemblers, cars owners etc.... Every Honda has recieved the highest rating for reliability while every Chevy except for the Impala and the Cavalier recieved a poor rating for reliability. I haven't read JD power's reviews but I'm sure that the NSX is amongst the elite in terms of reliability. If you don't believe me that the NSX has a luxurious interior and the vette has cheap plastic interior, why don't you go visit an Acura dealer and just feel the premium leather used inside the NSX. And you told me that your father owns a Corvette, so why don't you feel the plastic interior inside the vette and then come back and tell me that it's leather.<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- Signature -->

4. #29 sparetire, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    The study also shows that manufacturing plants from General Motors and Toyota stand out. GM's Flint, Michigan, assembly plant and Toyota's Tahara, Japan, assembly plant tie for the Platinum plant award based on the Buick LeSabre, Pontiac Bonneville and the Toyota Celica and Lexus LS 400 and GS sedans, respectively. Also in North America, the GM-Toyota joint venture, New United Motor Manufacturing, Inc. (NUMMI) car plant in Fremont, Calif., receives the Silver plant award based on the Corolla and Prizm models, while GM's Oshawa-1 assembly plant receives the Bronze based on the Lumina and Monte Carlo models.
    Headquartered in Agoura Hills, Calif., J.D. Power and Associates is a global marketing information services firm operating in key business sectors including market research, forecasting and customer satisfaction. The firm's quality and satisfaction measurements are based on actual customer responses from more than one million consumers annually. J.D. Power and Associates has U.S. offices in Dallas; Detroit; Torrance, Calif.; and Westport, Conn. The firm also has international offices serving Canada, the United Kingdom/Europe and the Asia Pacific region. J.D. Power and Associates can be accessed through the World Wide Web at www.jdpower.com. Media e-mail contact: john.pepitone@jdpower. This press release is provided for editorial use only. No advertising or other promotional use can be made of the information in this release or J.D. Power and Associates survey results without the express prior written consent of J.D. Power and Associates. * Note: These award segment scores are a weighted average of two segments: Entry and Mid-Sporty make up the Sporty Car award and Traditional Luxury and International Luxury make up the Premium Luxury award.Charts and graphs extracted from this press release must be accompanied by a statement identifying J.D. Power and Associates as the publisher and the J.D. Power and Associates 1999 Initial Quality Study 2 SM as the source. No advertising or other promotional use can be made of the information in this release or J.D. Power and Associates survey results without the express prior written consent of J.D. Power and Associates. Charts and graphs extracted from this press release must be accompanied by a statement identifying J.D. Power and Associates as the publisher and the J.D. Power and Associates 1999 Initial Quality Study 2 SM as the source. No advertising or other promotional use can be made of the information in this release or J.D. Power and Associates survey results without the express prior written consent of J.D. Power and Associates.*************—›› Begin a new search
    Business Services | Studies and Awards | About Us | Worldwide LocationsPublications | Press Pass | Search | Contact Us | Help Yourself | Home Legal NoticesCopyright © 2002 J.D. Power and Associates.All rights reserved.

The Vette gets the most appealing premium sports car award (ties the TT) In the "Peformance, Execution, and Layout study."
    AKA people like the car as an all around sports car. Interior and exterior. I saw no awards anywhere for the NSX, but that makes sence given it is basicly a 10 year old desighn. The point I am trying to make here is that the Vette is a bargain, and is a good all around car. GM has good quality controll. Later I will look at the Consumer repots stuff. But I will say this: They were embroiled in a scandal a few years back about getting money from Isuzu. I cant tell you where to look to find it, so don't beleive me if you don't want to, but they were under fire for it pretty badly. It does not ispire faith in thier credibility, but we'll just ignore that for now.<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WAY2FAST4YOU</i>
    <b>Interesting posts... although big rob is going to be ignored, he obviously is upset with me for being right. And comparing NSX with the Viper is basically the same comparison as the corvette, the viper is outdated technology with 2 welded together 5 cylinder engines, and with knobs that predate dinasaurs, last but not least, the viper's reliability is even more questionable than that of the corvette.

What makes a car exotic is not performance, because a souped up civic is not an exotic car... What makes an exotic is a car that is very rare and stands out from all other cars, it is original and technologically advanced... See how this statement does not describe the corvette, but does the NSX? END OF STORY!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually it is a additional two cylinders on the Dodge 5.9 litre V8, the same idea as the mod power plants on the Mustangs. Tuned with the help of Lambo. Why do you never answer quetions asked of you? What did you cccp freind do to his Civic to make it such a killer? Where are the time slips? How do you know anything about the longevity of the Vette or Viper? Outdated? Its got an Aluminum block. Your NSX is sporting a 10 year old desighn. Yes the NSX is more exotic than the Vette. But this is no stalemate. Pay attention now:

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WAY2FAST4YOU</i>
    <b>Aight, im a new user and im disguisted with the worshipping of the US sport cars, just like this corvette here. I own a 2001 NSX and I make these sorry ass corvettes look stupid with consistency.... PLEASE make a car that can compete with the big boys and that can last over 10 thousand miles..

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK, CAN THIS PIECE OF SHIT DO ANYTHING AGAINST THE NSX?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

We proved you were full of sh!t. You have lost because your arrogant, ignorant position is indefensible. You have been shown to be a fool and a dishonest one at that. But you have one point: The Vette is faster, but not neccesarily better. Which is "better" is basicly a subjective term. For you, your NSX is better, because you are an ignorant rich boy and you beleive that all things Vette suck. But none the less, there are good reasons for taking the NSX over the Vette. But a stalemate? NO. You said the NSX will take the Vette, in terms of performance, and have been shown to be wrong. And the Viper will absolutely murder the NSX around the track or on the 1/4. Dont even start. Don't say handling. The Viper and the Vette handle, and both have better weight distrabution than the NSX. The NSX will handle better, but not so much as to "embarass" the Viper or Vette. Ironicly, it is you who is touting the refinement of the NSX, and yet your are among the most unrefined people on here. Just because a car is American and relatively cheap does not make it unreliable. Understand that.<!-- Signature -->

6. I have got to apologizefor the last post, i was a little drunk. i am sorry. yeah!

7. And just to make sure everyone understands here, no I don't believe a word of that review on the BMW M3, its just to show many idiots post reviews on MS Carpoint, including the review found by BMW M.

Try doing this BMW M, find my a professional review stating the car is no good.

All reviews I've found praise the car highly, and as for reliability, if you know how to take care of the car IT WILL LAST!

Want proof, I've got a friend who owns a 1993 Corvette, no serious problems!
    Only thing I know, is that he's had work done on the brakes and had the clutch replaced more than once. Why because he still pushes that car to race every now and then, however he does know how to maintain it.

People I know that do have problems with cars such as the Vette, Camaro, or Firebird are people who don't know how to maintain and don't know how to drive the damn car. Most these guys are always showing off by red lining the damn car all the time, of course you're going to have problems.

Bottom line you take care of the car, you know how to drive it, and it will last you a very long time. I know people that have Vettes in the 200K Km range....

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WAY2FAST4YOU</i>
    <b>Sparetire, HOW DO I KNOW THAT CORVETTE AND VIPER ARE NOT RELIABLE? HMMMMmmm First and most importantly i have read numerous, NOT tens, but maybe 4-5 different annual consumer reports which rated the vette as Very poor in the reliability department. And secondly i use logic, something that you guys lack, Explain this to me, how can you have Ferrari perfoming car for 40 k? THe answer is cut corners by placing cheap parts into the damn thing and by cutting cost on labor by hiring cheap assed engineers and workers. THUS YOU HAVE A VERY UNRELIABLE CAR. P/s the reason why viper was remodeled for 2003 is because simply even dodge admitted that its car was outdated.

Lastly I'm not sure what my friend did to his civic I'm gathering info from him, as far as i know he dropped in an expensive nos kit and reinforced his engine to be capable of withstanding the pressure. Im getting dynos and time slips from him to be scanned to show you guys that im not full of shit.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Cheap assed engineers? HOW DO YOU KNOW? That is about as illogical as it gets. Don't even begin to insult other peoples logic. Let me get this strait: The Vette performs well and is cheap. Therefore it is unreliable. One does not follow the other. You are simply under the misguided idea the good (reasonably reliable)performance has to be expensive. People here have read many reports of the Vettes quality. So how are your reports more valid than ours?

The best way to look at this is in supplying info from our sources. I put up some from JD power, though I could not go back to the award for all out build quality the Vette won. Thats what needs to happen. And don't even go into how your team makes muscle look bad all the time. Dyno. Timeslips. Something. The Cvics that can take a Z06 are few and far between. <!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WAY2FAST4YOU</i>
    <b>Sparetire, HOW DO I KNOW THAT CORVETTE AND VIPER ARE NOT RELIABLE? HMMMMmmm First and most importantly i have read numerous, NOT tens, but maybe 4-5 different annual consumer reports which rated the vette as Very poor in the reliability department. And secondly i use logic, something that you guys lack, Explain this to me, how can you have Ferrari perfoming car for 40 k? THe answer is cut corners by placing cheap parts into the damn thing and by cutting cost on labor by hiring cheap assed engineers and workers. THUS YOU HAVE A VERY UNRELIABLE CAR. P/s the reason why viper was remodeled for 2003 is because simply even dodge admitted that its car was outdated.

Lastly I'm not sure what my friend did to his civic I'm gathering info from him, as far as i know he dropped in an expensive nos kit and reinforced his engine to be capable of withstanding the pressure. Im getting dynos and time slips from him to be scanned to show you guys that im not full of shit.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You want reasons as to why the Ferrari is so friggen expensive. How bout the fact that the Paint in triple based and there are 11 coats of clear (each about 180 per coat). Theres 15 grand in a paint job. Now I dont know If you know anything about Body work, from what you know about engineering I doubt it, Thats about 5 Corvette Quality ZO5 triple based paintjobs. I went and got a ZO6 paint job, it cost me 3300 dollors. You start adding up all the crap like that and you'll see why it stickers for so much friggen money.

Cutting corners, cutting corners doesnt develop engines that perform at 160000 miles in police cruisers, corvettes, and Fbodys alike. Cutting corners doesnt develop the most effecient and proliferated Drag racing transmision on the planet (T-56 six speed). Cutting corners doesnt get you the longest continually production run on a performance car, where every year the sales go up. And lastly cutting corners doesnt make you the largest automotive corporation on the planet.

You want proof of reliability and longevity. In 30 years go to a carshow, youll see 2002 ZO6's and 94 Vipers and 35th Camaro anniversary additions. Then go see if you can find any low displacement turbo pumping Nitrous guzzling hondas, you wont, cause they all died after 20000 miles of abuse they were never built to take.

Corvette- 50 years a legend, Eternity left to go.

<!-- Signature -->

10. Why does everyone love bashing the Corvette. OK, so MAYBE the interior isn't the best and MAYBE this car isn't the most reliable. The Z06 does do 0-60 in 3.9 sec though. That puts it in a pretty elite category. One which the NSX isn't in yet. Has anyone ever read a car article that didn't do anything except rave about the Corvettes performance?? The only thing people can complain about is the interior. I'm not talking about consumer reports either. I mean REAL car magazines like Motortrend or Car & Driver. We all know that NSX's aren't worth the money but nobody wants to admit it. YOu can get alot more car for 90 grand. 50 grand for a Z06 is cheap for what the car is. You might not like the Vette but it's still the best deal out there.

11. I'll set you straight on these reliability issues. This is a European magazine so don't say it's biased.

EVO is a UK-based magazine. Here's some of the write-up.

"OVERPOWERED AND OVER HERE: The Corvette C5 and Chrysler Viper aren't as dumb as you'd think. They're reliable, easy to run and offer plenty of good ol' fashioned fun. Here's how to buy one.

Both Viper and 'Vette can lay waste to virtually any other car on the road. And, come the corners, they'll grip hard and maintain a balance that you wouldn't think possible for such vast hunks of Americana...
    Easy to maintain and bought by wealthy enthusiasts, the Viper is a pretty safe bet for reliability and prices are unlikely to drop below £25,000 in the future. You'll struggle to find a more reliable, rugged or charismatic supercar at a better price.
    The Corvette is even more sensible. Brand new ones start at £34,000 and a 2-year-old example can be had for under £25,000. Look carefully and you might find an early car for as little as £18,000. That's 175 mph, 0-60 in just over four seconds and an engine that doesn't require a major service until 100,000 miles, all for the price of a well-specced Golf GTI. So put your preconceptions to one side and read on.

[Caption: Viper's V-10 (top left) co-developed with Lamborghini. Lazy, understressed nature makes it virtually bombproof.]

The GTS addressed many of the criticisms of the RT/10. It was more usable, easier to drive quickly and more rewarding. Back in evo 22 the Viper GTS slugged it out with Porsche 996 Turbo, Ferrari 360 Modena, Lamborghini Diablo, and Pagani Zonda. The fact that it cruised down to Italy to meet this formidable group showed how useable the viper is. And at the end of the week, no-one doubted its speed, or its immense character.

[Paul Lacy, President, Viper Club of America (UK Region): 'I saw Clarkson driving a Viper on TV and his words, 'America is building great cars again', rang in my ears...For the next three years I was treated to supercar looks and performance. And, at only £160 for a full service from your local Chrysler dearler, what value.']

Both Corvette and Viper are scarce in the UK but both offer incredible drama and performance for very little money. The relatively few options mean they are easy to identify and a surprisingly sensible choice. Who cares about mpg when your servicing costs would make a Mondeo driver envious?
    CHECKPOINTS
    Engine: The Corvette's small block V8 dates back to the '50s and is generally bulletproof. It needs a simple oil and filter change every 10,000 miles and a new air filter every other service. That's it until the plugs get changed at the 'major' 100,000 mile service. As long as this has been adhered to you're unlikely to find a rough example.
    The Viper is equally robust. Service intervals are more regular - every 6 months or 7,500 miles - but a simple oil and filter change and fluid check is all that's required until 30,000 miles when the air filter, brake and clutch fluid also need replacing. With only 47 bhp/liter and long gearing, the big V10 is rarely strained.
    Transmission: The Corvette's 6-speed manual isn't sweet-shifting but it is very strong and should easily handle 100,000 miles. The beauty of these cars is reliability so don't take a risk on one that doesn't feel right.
    If the 'Vette gearbox is a bit agricultural, the Viper's feel positively archaic. Luckily its internals are basically the same and it's equally reliable."

12. Corvette VS NSX

Aight, im a new user and im disguisted with the worshipping of the US sport cars, just like this corvette here. I own a 2001 NSX and I make these sorry ass corvettes look stupid with consistency.... PLEASE make a car that can compete with the big boys and that can last over 10 thousand miles..

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK, CAN THIS PIECE OF SHIT DO ANYTHING AGAINST THE NSX?<!-- Signature -->

13. Straight numbers (AKA facts) thats it, here they come

NSX 00 model(numbers from the Jan 01 issue of Road and track)

0-60: 4.9
    1/4 : 13.5
    slalom: 62.10
    skid: 0.92
    base price new: $84,000

Now for the vette 00 coupe(numbers from the Aug 01 motor trend)

0-60: 4.2
    1/4: 13.1
    slalom: 64.2
    skid: .90
    base price new: $41,000

Which is better? the choice is up to you, the number are here and their sources. Styling however is completly objective. But numbers do not lie.

14. Depends. The NSX looks better, but is more expensive. The Vette has better preformance, but not by much, plus has an easier to Maintain engine.<!-- Signature -->

15. well if you want professionals' opinions, check out the R&T from a few months ago, where they compared the new NSX to the 911 Carrera to the new Corvette. and the NSX obviously didnt stand out at all. NSX may not be a lousy car, but its definately not worth the value, especially when compared to a car like the 'Vette. you may not like how people praise American cars like this one, but you seem to have no justification for what is so wrong w/ American supercars, namely this one. so dont bother, dude.<!-- Signature -->

16. Yeah...your NSX...if you have one...is 90K or so. This is not much past 40K. I cite the same R&T article as someone else did before. The Z06, about 55K worth of car, beats the NSX around Laguna Seca. With three different drivers. Of differing abilities from pro to almost average. This car would be much closer to the NSX lap times of course, but it will definitely compete. And the build quality of Vettes has been praised by JD Power, who is not exactly liberal in their praise of US cars.

I don't thinnk there is too mcuh American car worship at all. How about Ferrari worship or Skyline worship or supra worship. Everyone has favorites, and everyone says so. Thats all. I bet there are at least as many Japanese only car fans as there are Us only car fans on this site.<!-- Signature -->

17. umm....lemme see...the Z06 is a POS

how can they come out with a special edition with much less HP than the Z06....GARBAGE

An NSX is only 3.2L and the Vette is a 5.7L..and their performance is so close.......ummmmm what does that say....Vette=TOTAL GARBAGE

how come the viper and the vette are the only cars that are ever compared to every other car out there....

becuase they are the only cars that can even come close to comparing to a import of half the caliber....

ofcourse the stupid american cars have to have at least 2-5L displacement advantage and beats a car with less HP and less displacement by only .5 second ......ummmm total garbage

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WAY2FAST4YOU</i>
    <b>Aight, im a new user and im disguisted with the worshipping of the US sport cars, just like this corvette here. I own a 2001 NSX and I make these sorry ass corvettes look stupid with consistency.... PLEASE make a car that can compete with the big boys and that can last over 10 thousand miles..

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK, CAN THIS PIECE OF SHIT DO ANYTHING AGAINST THE NSX?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    What's wrong with worshipping the best cars out there??????????????????<!-- Signature -->

19. Ferrari your an Ass... The Corvette is 30,000 less yet you get a V-8!! Hey for the .5 faster I would dish out 30,000 less than a stupid V-6!

I can't believe Japan can make a smaller enigine yet give it the same price as a viper which would blow it out of the water!! And about us not caomparing other cars well THe Camaro SS is a sweet care when compared to other cars in its price range like the Eclipse. Ugh you japs are so concieted.

20. i do have to say your an idiot. Buy a $30,000 S15 silvia and beat the yank tank. in horse power, kw and torque.
    you yanks think you know everything

21. Of course NSX will win in the track, it could beat Skyline, Evolution 4,5,6,7 ,RX-7 etc... etc.... how could that not beat a corvette? if you are going to count on the numbers, why don't u buy a ROCKET from NASA? it could travel around the world in less then an hour, pretty fast eh?

22. the nsx should handle better (according to some because it is mid engine rear drive. but configuration doesn't really matter it is the weight distribution. corvette has about 52/48 f/r the nsx has 46/54 if i am mistaken please tell me i believe it was in the artcle with the nsx vs zo6 vs 911. any ways the better configureation for consistancy would be more weight on the front which helps it turn faster and prevents oversteer. the nsx has lots f oversteer it has a endency to lose the back end even with the stability/traction control on. the vette has more power, what EVO calls the best traction /stability control in the world,and better acceleration than the nsx. so if i were a betting man i would say that the vette would win. the nsx does way a bit less than the regular vette (non-zo6) but it would be close ,very,very close . and the mitsubishi would not beat this same woth the skyline and any other japanese car short of tommy kaira. <!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WAY2FAST4YOU</i>

You'd have to be alot smarter than that to own an NSX.<!-- Signature -->

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari4ever123</i>
    <b>umm....lemme see...the Z06 is a POS

how can they come out with a special edition with much less HP than the Z06....GARBAGE

An NSX is only 3.2L and the Vette is a 5.7L..and their performance is so close.......ummmmm what does that say....Vette=TOTAL GARBAGE

how come the viper and the vette are the only cars that are ever compared to every other car out there....

becuase they are the only cars that can even come close to comparing to a import of half the caliber....

ofcourse the stupid american cars have to have at least 2-5L displacement advantage and beats a car with less HP and less displacement by only .5 second ......ummmm total garbage</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    A little antagonistic are we?<!-- Signature -->

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari4ever123</i>
    <b>umm....lemme see...the Z06 is a POS

ofcourse the stupid american cars have to have at least 2-5L displacement advantage and beats a car with less HP and less displacement by only .5 second ......ummmm total garbage</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well first off, we only compare those two to eachother cause you ferrari guys get your panties in a wod everytime we come after you. Think about it ever since the ZR1 weve been eating your yuppie asses up when it comes to flat out dollor for dollor performance. So unless you want to start comparing yourself to Lambos Id back off.

As for the NSX, I got to see a pursuit about 7 months ago. 99 NSX rufused to pull over, I guess he though he could get away on a 2 lane interstate in Florida where the Exits are 10 miles apart...Fool!!! Lead pursuit was a 96 Caprice 9C1 very similar to the one I own. The driver was a personal friend of mine, yeah the NSX beat him running to 100 but after that performance droped off and that caprice got right on his ass running 160 and just wore him down. NSX driver
    10-50'd (crashed) and the pursuit ended after about 7 miles. If you chase an NSX with a caprice a Vette will eat it alive<!-- Signature -->