Re: Does this look like.....

Discussion in '2001 Mitsuoka Orochi Concept' started by eLecTro, Aug 10, 2002.

1. yeah .. the xj220 .... that was my first thought too...

greetz eLecTro<!-- Signature -->

2. By the looks of it... it might as well replace the XJ220's spot<!-- Signature -->

3. no, the xj220 was a masterpiece and should not be replaced, i have to disagree, it was an incredible car and i want it to stay just the way it is!!!!!!!

4. i see the new camaro mixed with the xj220, anyone else see that? <!-- Signature -->

5. This definitely looks like an xj220 w/ a slightly diff'rent body.

6. Well, that's what Mitsuoka does. They take the Jag, and toy with it, making it more sleek, or less, either way. <!-- Signature -->

7. well i really think ppl are saying it looks like every car on the market cuz its asian. wow, why cant some of u ppl on this message board just admit its good looking, and drop the whole grudge againsts asians.<!-- Signature -->

8. Actually, without the Mitsuoka badge, I would have assumed it was Italian. Either way, it's ridiculously overdone, and just a mess. Those bump things on the hood make no sense. Neither do the wire rims, odd headlights, or dummy grille. It seems someone was trying to blend way too many different cues into one car.<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GarageGoon</i>
    <b>Actually, without the Mitsuoka badge, I would have assumed it was Italian. Either way, it's ridiculously overdone, and just a mess. Those bump things on the hood make no sense. Neither do the wire rims, odd headlights, or dummy grille. It seems someone was trying to blend way too many different cues into one car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->without the badge i would assume a salean s7 was italian too, but i dont call it a rip off, or look alike, do you? as for the bumps on the hood, they appear to vent under the hood, are thet functional? i dont know, from what i hear this car may not even have an engine, then again is the mustang gt's hood scoop functional? i didnt think so. as for the wire rims, those were huge on many cars back in the day, they are very stylish and give the car an elagent look. as for the car being over done? dont get me started, please that car is gorgous, its just a design, would u call giving the corvette 4 circles for tail lights making sense when they could just make regular ones? please, its simply for looks and i think its gorgous.<!-- Signature -->

10. I would say it is a gorgeous car, that flows nicely. And as far as having no drive-train...how would they pull that off? I just wonder what the beast will quarter mile in.<!-- Signature -->

11. you know when you leave a CD case in the car on a really really hot day..the case becomes warped..yeah this car looks a bit like that from behind..but the nose is classy.
    it looks diff maybe cos its really low to the ground as opposed to
    most jags which are rather high up<!-- Signature -->

12. did you guys read that bit of info under the pics? it says mitsuoko does rebodies on jags. so it IS a jag re-done, and it really does look like the body of an XJ220. (ofcourse with a bunch of extra features)

13. Naaa, i think that there is a hint of Lotus in the car (air intake at rear wheel).

14. Looks so much like a XJ220. Very nice<!-- Signature -->

15. the car looks like a really futuristic jag or something like that. It would'et be that bad of a car if wants for the ugly rims.

16. It's too wide, too monstrous for me. Not that I wouldn't love to own it.<!-- Signature -->

17. The car looks like a sea-monster from million of yrs ago....
    Just look at the details on the hood and the headlights...
    Even the grille signalize something nautical... wich I think it`s supposed to do... Organic design... different but raw!!!!<!-- Signature -->

18. It looks more like something the Lamborghini company would make

19. LOOKS LIKE A MESSED UP VERSON OF THE XJ220!

WHERE ARE THE STATS FOR THIS CAR?

COMPARE THIS CAR WHITH THE XJ220

20. Ok if GM, Jaguar (Ford) and Pininfarina (on LSD) had a child, figuratively, it would look like this...

21. Well, I know, there arenŽt a lot of people who care about others opinions. But I think, the new designs of Jaguar (R-Type, F-Type, S-Type R,...) are not very stylish. I loved the design of the XJR-15, but these times seem to be forgotten by Jaguar. This car looks a little bit organical. And I have to say that itŽs gorgeous. I like it. Of course I hope they decide to put a light and powerful engine in it. As deep as possible for the weight ratio...
    The tires suggest an unstable car for drifting, so I think it should be a lot of fun to drive, wouldnŽt it?

22. i reckon this is a great looking car, it certainly stands up to the serpant name, esp. the bonnet. for an independant company i think theve done very well, excpet the headlites could use a little work.

23. it definatly looks like an xj220

24. How this can be nice ? This is the UGLYEST piece of shit that I've ever seen. Complete lack of taste that make me puke.<!-- Signature -->

25. Yap,
    the XJ220!!!Definitely the Jaguar!!!<!-- Signature -->