Re: Enough is Enough. Please Read

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by jcazz, Aug 9, 2002.

1. why do people create accounts just to talk trash? are they scared? if they get banned they can just start another account, seems cowardly to me.

2. Truth said. I am an American and i give all cars credit. It just pains me to see people say American cars are crap. They are not crap. Period. I love European cars. At the same time I know that American cars are just as good. You lay your proof that American cars are inferior in the wrong place as well. You say the rich are the judge when it comes to cars because they make the car buying decisions. I have a Canadian friend who could buy the CLK GTR twice over. Of all the cars in the world (this is coming from a NON-American) he said the Vette is the most bang for the buck. I know the Vette runs alot more expensive in Europe, but i am talking about here where i live in Atlanta GA. I am aware Japanese cars are good. All these countries have good cars. I just don't like it when someone anywhere scoffs at American engineering and calls it inferior because the proof is right in this forum, that we make world class supercars. I am hardly that patriotic. I just want good cars to be recognized and apreciated.

3. what?!?!!?! your friend can buy 2!! CLK GTR's, but he chose a vette cuz it has more "bang for buck"? vette's are for ppl who make a slightly better than average income (then yes, it is the best bang for buck car, with the M3 coming in a close second). but with all that money, he chose a vette? in canada there like $75,000....why the hell didn't he buy a murceligo? or even the CLK GTR (as rare as those are?.........your friend must be really really cheap

4. He probably bought the Vette because it has a more suburban tuned ride, and it can handle driving everday, if you only have one car. Not to mention it has easier maintenance and you could get it fixed anywhere.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Enough is Enough

I want to say just one thig to the guy who can't understand why somebody would buy a vette. True money can be a factor but its speed & luxury in a true sportscar that wins this bout.
    Just look at what they are equiped with.
    Climate control, 6 Way Power Seats, a gas consumption meter, On-Board-Diagnostics, Electronic Selective Ride And Handling, Low Tire Pressure Indicator, Traction control, awsom sound system, power windows, power door locks, & removable roof.
    Plus they have low matanince, handle as good as a porsche if not better on dry ground and they go just as fast! With the exception of the 911 turbo.
    And if its a turbo you want corvettes got two on a Lingenfelter C5, with A 0 to 60 time of 1.9 seconds! For aabout the same Money.
    & Now i put this question to you why would i want to buy a porsche?
    unless i like going fast in the rain.

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bigblockbrawler426Hemistage8</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bigballs69</i>
    <b>Yeah i think that all people that arent from the great country of the United States of America can all lick my sweaty balls, because you suck and all your fathers suck and they can come lick my sweaty balls too. i hate all people that arent from America and i think they should all get butt#$%#ed by a baboon!!!! you guys suck and have little penis' yeah you know you do dont worry everyone knows and i #$%#ed your mom last night!!!!!!!!!! what?!?!?!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

if i had the possibility i would have blown your head with my desert eagle!

die *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I have to agree with you BigBlock. One question, is the Desert Eagle a .45 or a 50cal?

7. Please ignore bigballs and rest assured that about 0.03% of the U.S. population is like that. Please don't judge the rest of us based on him. If you've seen more threads like that then I can understand why you might think that all Americans are ignorant and racist but please believe me when I say that that is false. He's an embarrasement to our country.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Am Car fan</i>
    <b>Please ignore bigballs and rest assured that about 0.03% of the U.S. population is like that. Please don't judge the rest of us based on him. If you've seen more threads like that then I can understand why you might think that all Americans are ignorant and racist but please believe me when I say that that is false. He's an embarrasement to our country.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I think every country has a few people like "bigballs"...

9. Re: Enough is Enough

"I want to say just one thig to the guy who can't understand why somebody would buy a vette. True money can be a factor but its speed & luxury in a true sportscar that wins this bout.
    Just look at what they are equiped with.
    Climate control, 6 Way Power Seats, a gas consumption meter, On-Board-Diagnostics, Electronic Selective Ride And Handling, Low Tire Pressure Indicator, Traction control, awsom sound system, power windows, power door locks, & removable roof.
    Plus they have low matanince, handle as good as a porsche if not better on dry ground and they go just as fast! With the exception of the 911 turbo.
    And if its a turbo you want corvettes got two on a Lingenfelter C5, with A 0 to 60 time of 1.9 seconds! For aabout the same Money.
    & Now i put this question to you why would i want to buy a porsche?
    unless i like going fast in the rain."

i said i could understand him buying a vette if he was making decent money..not if he was stinkin rich......ooooooohhh, climate control?!?! Power Seats?!?!, a gas consumption meter?!?! is this car for real?! (sarcasm, moron) if u were rich like this person claims to be, u wouldn't be concerned over this petty shit, if u had a CLK GTR, would it even matter if u had climate control?

10. Handle better than a Porsche? The most recent test I read the driver said he felt very unsure taking the Z06 into corners and did very poorly against its competition including a 360. I can't remember which mag it was but it has a Viper on the cover. Its out this month, check it out.

11. Re: Enough is Enough

Ok Moron
    It just so happens that i too was like you once, i loved porsche's my dream car was a 928. Untill my friend who hapens to be stinking rich and owns a corvette told me, and i Quote "corvettes the gratest car in the world" mind you this man has owned two porsche’s, and a Ferrari. I looked at him for a second as to say you must be nuts.
    And he just smiled and said i can't say much for the modern day sports cars but back in the early 80's most porsche's & ferrari's did not even have power windows it was all about the proformance. Now don't get me wrong i love proformance and if i have to give up some basic luxurys for it thats ok but when the car spends half its life in the shop thats an inconvience & then Houston we have a problme.

Power windows wow! lol

One thing I noticed about most rich people is that they don't like to spend money. Let’s face it you don't become rich spending You do it by saveing and making smart investments.

Ps: i only called you a moron because you called me one
    However if you want to get into a name-calling contest I would be happy to get on your momma.

12. People don't get rich pissing away money. Ask yourself, if you had 3 million dollars, would it be worth it to spend half of your fortune on a car? If I had 3 million dollars I would invest it in CD's and at a 4% rate it would come out to $120,000 a year before taxes. Thats a nice way to live.

13. first off, ali, VERY good first post, your one of the only good new members! also, your engish is betta then mine..... (i live in texas >P)

2nd, to huever sed this car could do 2.2 0-60. no it cannot. the stat is right. this car is a total top speed car, and therefore has very lil acceleration. but ah whateva.

3rd thatnks for keepin this a fairly clean forum, its good to have a frendly non hatered talk fer once.

4th corvettes are good bang for your buck, but if yer rich enough, it dont matter.

5th just for fun, but its true (ive seen it) my frends dad (or stepdad cant remember) owns a 360, a corvette and has a down payment on a f50. thats pretty tight!<!-- Signature -->

14. thank you phanofmuzik2 for correcting me. the posted stat is correct.
    to error is human. my apoligies to all I was thinking of the Callaway C7 Corvette witch is axualy not even 2.2sec but rather 2.9sec in any case it was a rounded guess and a terrible error on my part.

but not a bad car eeh :)

15. I think what most people fail to realize when they talk about a car or they compare 2 cars is the philosophy behind such and such car, Like this car, the philosophy plain and simple is top speed, it wasn't meant to accelerate better or handle better than anything. It was built simply to be the fastest street legal car in the world. Comparing it to the F1 or the 800TT is bogus because those cars are built to be multi-functional. as far as top speed is concerned this is the best of the best even though there is only 1. if you want a street car that can double as a drag car get the 800TT or the Lingenfelter 427TT. If you want a car that won Le mans and money is not an object then look no further than Dauer or Mclaren. the philosophy behind all these cars are very different and I chose these cars because they seem to be the greatest topic of discussion on this site. Buying a car for pure patriotism is bogus also because what about the Koreans? they have nothing to be proud of, Kia, Daewoo?

16. BugattiEB110SS
    you could not be more wrong. go to callaways home page and read a little more about the sledghammer. this car is an excelent day to day diver so they say. however all it does is sit in a museum.
    but their was another corvette that looked verry similar witch had a 230 something mph top end that was not nearly as comfortable to drive.

17. Sorry Bronx but the Callaway site states this car is a drivable car on the road but never put it in the hands of a common man to prove it. The only driver they mentioned was a race car driver.<!-- Signature -->

18. true it kind of makes you wonder if its a fraud.
    kind of reminds me of the trip to the moon.
    nobody really knows if it ever really took place :)
    but at least they showed us something.
    however In the case of the Sledghammer i just would like to see more proof. I don't doubt that it can be done with a V8 but some online video would be nice.

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Sorry Bronx but the Callaway site states this car is a drivable car on the road but never put it in the hands of a common man to prove it. The only driver they mentioned was a race car driver.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What makes you think it isn't street legal. A bugatti is. It's nearly as fast. Why wouldn't this be. You make really uneducated statements about cars that you don't like. Sorry you didn't get to see a civilian drive one. For $400,000 you could have bought one yourself. It's not like they're going to let a civilian drive this car around town. It's the only one is existance. You just don't let loose a car like this unless there are many.

P.S. Did you miss me gsolinas?

20. (Am Car fan) mabe i was not clear enough.
    I love this car! and i understand compleatly what gsolinas said.
    and i agree. hell i even own a corvette im not taking sides. i love the bugatti too but all im saying is that things look a bit shady.

do you really beleave everything you see & read?
    i don't. im simply questioning whats before me.
    if you can locate more info on this car aside from the info gathered on callaways site id be intrested to see it.

ps: I honestly think we "the people of earth" have been to the moon. but untill you or I go too all we can do is ASSUME We have :)

21. (Am Car fan) mabe i was not clear enough.
    I love this car! and i understand compleatly what gsolinas said.
    and i agree. hell i even own a corvette im not taking sides. i love the bugatti too but all im saying is that things look a bit shady.

do you really beleave everything you see & read?
    i don't. im simply questioning whats before me.
    if you can locate more info on this car aside from the info gathered on callaways site id be intrested to see it.

ps: I honestly think we have been to the moon. but untill i go too
    all i can do is ASSUME we have :)

22. Ok am car fan if you read carefully you’ll see that I never said that the car wasn’t road legal but rather it maybe wasn’t drivable to the common man. It may have met regulations but that doesn’t mean your grandmother could drive it. That is why I assume it wasn’t released. I don’t have proof of that, as I said it is just an assumption. I just don’t buy the whole no one ordering it thing. More expensive cars are purchased all the time. Even then.
    <!-- Signature -->

23. #48 steve7467, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Can we please cut this my country is better than your country shit. Every country helps one another out from buying the product to designing the product. We aren't talking about cars. Who wants to half with me on hosting a damn www.importvsdomestic.com site so we can get 99% of the people off here who are keeping this a B-rated site down.

Great! you have a 250 mph car, name any race circuit that will allow you to go that fast (and actually control your car safely)...or better yet on the street. Top speed is over rated...I bet the Sledge hammer overheats in 30 minutes anyways with all that power (probably why they didnt produce it.) And for people that think I hate domestics or imports, think again. I own a 98' C5 and will be purchasing a Supra TT shortly. Exotic cars are nothing but status symbols that allow fast out of the box performance. Any car can be tuned for performance, all it takes is money. Most of these people who have these $500k+ exotics keep it in their freaking garage just so they can show it off anyways...I also wish people would quit quoting R&T and C&D numbers. Especially when the drivers dont even powershift, dont drive out of the break-in period, and dont run these cars all out (I call it aggressive babying.) Not to mention the recent people thinking the LPE 427TT is a production car (Its a C5 with the $50k 427tt package.) Performance trannies then run 2500-3500 bucks. boost controller (rumour has it thats a secret upgrade but rumours are rumours) and suspension and you have his car. A cars performance goes far more than C&D and R&T. If you are truely into performance and racing, you will have some mods done to your car and be aware of the potential upgrades of each car. so screw the stock vs. stock BS. And diffently screw this import vs. domestic bullshit. This is my 2nd post and they have both been complaints...this site is already getting old...

24. 3 post??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    how could you start this