Re: Enough is Enough. Please Read

Discussion in '2000 Dodge TNT King Snake Viper' started by VenomWillKill, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ali_68</i>
    <b> I have frequented this site for some time but never posted a remark for fear of having my English mocked as it is not my first language. But in the last while I have red messages that bothered me and wish to get certain things off my chest. I will start by saying that there are 3 groups of people on this site. The Asians and Europeans that prefer the Japanese and European cars. The North Americans that prefer Japanese and European cars, and the North Americans that prefer American cars. There is nothing wrong with preferring one automobile over another but to be blinded by patriotism is another issue all together. I will inform everyone that I am a citizen of the UAE. Our country has strong ties to both European countries and North American countries. I have family in France, Germany, USA, and Canada. Therefore I have no allegiance to either land. My opinions come from a neutral territory.
    I must say however that North Americans that love American cars have made a habit of false claims, insults and a constant refusal to admit the truth. It seems that whenever an American car is proclaimed to be the “best” and someone provides proof of its shortfalls or mentions a car that is of a higher calibre the next rebuttal is “but that car costs more”. That is an admission that the US car is not as good. I live in Dubai and here there are many wealthy political figures, oil investors, and Royalty. These people drive the finest of cars. Someone here even owns the CLK GTR. This tells you that money is not an issue. They don’t want “bang for your buck” (someone informed me that buck meant money in American and I hope they were right). They want the best. And they could at the same time easily purchase a Viper or a Z06 or even the Sledgehammer if they wished but they don’t. Why? Because they are not as good. There are very few American cars here because they are not well respected.
    I also noticed that it is widely accepted in North America that the Sledgehammer is the worlds fastest car but in other parts of the world it is not. It is well known that other cars have surpassed the 410kmh mark. Some are also road legal. The Diablo Gambella for example. Also the VTTT. Among other race cars which I won’t list because they are not road legal.
    Personally I drive an X5 and hope to one day own an exotic car but I certainly won’t be looking for a Viper. I will buy Italian or German. But it appears that to many those cars are not good because they were not made in America. I have read “screw imports” and imports are crap”. How is a Lamborghini crap? When you name is “buy American you are already shutting out any possibility that something better may exist or eventually be produced. It is biased. I want the North American car fans to ask themselves two simple question: If the Lamborghini Diablo was an American car would you like it? If the Dodge Viper was German, British, Italian, or Japanese would you like it? Don’t post answers since I am sure they will be far from honest. Just ask yourselves.

I will post this in a few forums as I have seen arguments in a number of them. In case of responses remember that I showed respect and refrained from insults. Please show me the same respect. Thank you.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok i get what your saying but if lamborghini was american would they like it i doubt it.... If viper was germany would they like it im guessing they would because as an american car fan i like big engines i love the whole muscle car thing its great so i dont think its where the car is made its more hows it made and i doubt very many people say lambo's or ferrari's suck if they do there idiots but as far as people saying imports suck its because people come here and say this car suck or this lambo is better or this ferrari is better i mean it goes both ways.<!-- Signature -->

2. For example "my Ford Focus can blow away that ferrari". If i was a moron i would say that, but otherwise, I'm not stupid performance and quality are very important to me. Chevorlet is my company, that is who i prefer, but if the choice was to buy this Viper or a Lambourgini, i would have to go with the one that drives best, feels best, and overall is better. That is my 2 cents<!-- Signature -->

3. i dont know about you but i wouldnt say people like certain cars becouse its from their country people just like cars they like. i for one love cars period.i dont like cars that are ugly looking got now power and thats a waste of money,but i understand where your coming from.

4. americans like other countries cars with big engines as they think they are copying the american formula for a car so t must be good.
    if i say (which is true) my scooby would easily beat a huge engined mustang cobra and mine only has 2 litres u wont like it will u , go on be honest. <!-- Signature -->

5. Americans like American cars because they have seen them, however many pictures you post on the internet cant compare with what you have seen in real life. For example i saw an fiesta RS turbo and now i want one, if i saw i diablo i would want them, stop complaining and getting complicated, its just a site. If you want americans to like your cars, show them to 'em. <!-- Signature -->

6. I live in Australia, and over here people are Extremely Biased about Holden (Australian Car Company) & Ford. The country is split in two when it comes to the v8 supercar races each year in which Specially modified Holdens and Fords compete. Much like the American Civil War. Some people say fords suck, but personally I would not pass up the chance to have a drive of the Gt90 or Gt40 race. And as a fan of Gran Turismo 3 I love all the great cars. What im trying to say is that get over the "viper Kick's Everything". I seriously love the viper models but I also like Jap imports like the Lancer Evo 7 and the WRX's. Please people, be nice to each other.

7. Enough is Enough. Please Read

I have frequented this site for some time but never posted a remark for fear of having my English mocked as it is not my first language. But in the last while I have red messages that bothered me and wish to get certain things off my chest. I will start by saying that there are 3 groups of people on this site. The Asians and Europeans that prefer the Japanese and European cars. The North Americans that prefer Japanese and European cars, and the North Americans that prefer American cars. There is nothing wrong with preferring one automobile over another but to be blinded by patriotism is another issue all together. I will inform everyone that I am a citizen of the UAE. Our country has strong ties to both European countries and North American countries. I have family in France, Germany, USA, and Canada. Therefore I have no allegiance to either land. My opinions come from a neutral territory.
    I must say however that North Americans that love American cars have made a habit of false claims, insults and a constant refusal to admit the truth. It seems that whenever an American car is proclaimed to be the “best” and someone provides proof of its shortfalls or mentions a car that is of a higher calibre the next rebuttal is “but that car costs more”. That is an admission that the US car is not as good. I live in Dubai and here there are many wealthy political figures, oil investors, and Royalty. These people drive the finest of cars. Someone here even owns the CLK GTR. This tells you that money is not an issue. They don’t want “bang for your buck” (someone informed me that buck meant money in American and I hope they were right). They want the best. And they could at the same time easily purchase a Viper or a Z06 or even the Sledgehammer if they wished but they don’t. Why? Because they are not as good. There are very few American cars here because they are not well respected.
    I also noticed that it is widely accepted in North America that the Sledgehammer is the worlds fastest car but in other parts of the world it is not. It is well known that other cars have surpassed the 410kmh mark. Some are also road legal. The Diablo Gambella for example. Also the VTTT. Among other race cars which I won’t list because they are not road legal.
    Personally I drive an X5 and hope to one day own an exotic car but I certainly won’t be looking for a Viper. I will buy Italian or German. But it appears that to many those cars are not good because they were not made in America. I have read “screw imports” and imports are crap”. How is a Lamborghini crap? When you name is “buy American you are already shutting out any possibility that something better may exist or eventually be produced. It is biased. I want the North American car fans to ask themselves two simple question: If the Lamborghini Diablo was an American car would you like it? If the Dodge Viper was German, British, Italian, or Japanese would you like it? Don’t post answers since I am sure they will be far from honest. Just ask yourselves.

I will post this in a few forums as I have seen arguments in a number of them. In case of responses remember that I showed respect and refrained from insults. Please show me the same respect. Thank you.

8. Actually, just a thought, the Lamborghini company was owned by chrysler in the late eighties and early ninties. Does that make Lambo's a worse car for it? Certaintly not! Chrysler merely restructured the business and during the time that Chrysler owned them, they went through their most profitable era ever. So if you're a European car enthusiast, more power to you, if you like american cars, more power to you, and if you like Japanese cars, more power to you. Just keep the love. :-D

9. Is it me or It Sounds like your Ragen on Americans lol .

Im American And ill say Everyone Has a Right to an opinion but
    Before you Rag on Race think about this. Its a Damn Car Site To me. It Shouldnt matter WHERE anycar was Built But HOW IT PREFORMS. Dont Do you Compare a JumboJet to a FighterJet NO. This Is why they make Car Classes Such as S-A-B-C cars what bothers me People love to Bring in cars from a totally Differ class and say this is better. Well It is better be better if it is in a totally differ class please use commen since before you try to make a point.
    By the way This car Preforms nicely.

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ali_68</i>
    <b> I have frequented this site for some time but never posted a remark for fear of having my English mocked as it is not my first language. But in the last while I have red messages that bothered me and wish to get certain things off my chest. I will start by saying that there are 3 groups of people on this site. The Asians and Europeans that prefer the Japanese and European cars. The North Americans that prefer Japanese and European cars, and the North Americans that prefer American cars. There is nothing wrong with preferring one automobile over another but to be blinded by patriotism is another issue all together. I will inform everyone that I am a citizen of the UAE. Our country has strong ties to both European countries and North American countries. I have family in France, Germany, USA, and Canada. Therefore I have no allegiance to either land. My opinions come from a neutral territory.

Didn't I read this somewhere else??

and I dont see anything wrong with your english.
    enough said.

11. one car people enjoy to pick on is the viper,some people dont realize that some cars are built to make a statement. the viper is the embodiment of american ideals, its meant to be a gas guzzling monster, and it is (come on a 500hp 500ft/lb v-10 sounds like alot of fun!) and now for the italian exotics, pure refinement thats the message there meant exude and they do, all leather incredible build quility, and race inspired v-12s,you have to understand this is really a comparison of cultures, american cars are great, euoropean cars are great,but you cant compare them there just too different.

(oh i didnt mention japanese cars cuz i personaly cant stand all the stupid people that saw the fast and the furious and think putting 20 grand into a 20 thousand dallor car is cool,plus odds are they would dissagree with every thing i would have to say because there narrow minded) so all cars are cool you just have appriciate the differences.<!-- Signature -->

12. jap cars are just as important as any other!, wats wrong with moddin a car!<!-- Signature -->

13. ali_68, I agree. The Americans are very patritic. In fact, the only reason I'm on this page is to see how they would brag about this piece of shit. I am American, but I hate the cars. As you can see by my name and signature, I don't even talk about them. ali_68, I actually commend you on your bringing up this subject. I have said that I hated American cars before, but you made a stronger case. <!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ali_68</i>

I see what your saying. And if lamborghini was American than people wouldnt like it, which is very dumb. I just dont get it I always here things like that. People (inclueding some of my freinds) say "oh my god its made not made in Germany than it sucks" WHAT! wow Germany makes some good cars and so dose America. Just because its made in Germany or Italy or what ever dosent automaticaly make the car the best in the world. But if Lamborghini was made in America I would still like it a lot.

15. if u wanna look at my car go to the subaru or evo forums cos i cant b bothered to put em here.
    and from experience the lambo is a very nice car. not sure about the xr though<!-- Signature -->

16. I don't agree with all of what you said b/c not ALL americans are the same. I was born into this country, and SURE, I love the american cars. There's nothing wrong with patriotism. But, I DO love the imports also! In fact, the 1986 Lambo Countach was the FIRST car I ever fell "in love" with. Since 1986, a lot has changed in my love for cars...but, one thing stays the same...that's my love for cars in general (mostly the sportier ones tho - i need speed). But, really...a car is a car NO MATTER WHERE it is made. Personally, I love Vipers...they're one of my fav cars. But, not because of where it was made, but, how it looks and all its curves and styling and power. I am not ignorant to the fact that there are other cars that ARE road legal AND faster than the Viper. It's just the fact that the Viper has taken a big part in my heart.

Now, as for the "$20,000 + $**,*** in mods" bit. There is NOTHING wrong with buying a car that is WITHIN someones BUDGIT, and making it faster. I do not make a HUGE pile of money in a year and cannot afford a Viper or anything like that. I have my first car (1990 Dodge Daytona) and my new car (1987 Conquest TSi - Starion Esi-R's "twin"). They are cars that have a place in my heart not because where they were made, but, because the Daytona was my FIRST car (lotsa memories) and the Conquest is my first sports car. The Conquest is an IMPORT - yes! AN IMPORT! Not everyone in the North American continent is biased towards certain countries. I mean, really! You watch Mtv's "Cribs" and see these guys buying up Bentleys and that. Is a Bentley an american-made car? No. But, you see that the celebs think they're a masterpiece. C'mon! How much more would I have to say to prove that not all americans are biased?!

Really, I think it's YOU who is biased against american cars. You go looking for things that IDIOTS with slow ford focuses, and that crap, that say their's is faster than a Viper or Lambo. But, you should think of cars in a GENERAL manner. A $20,*** car producing 500+ bhp is a work of art! It's not whether you like how the car looks...or where it was made...or who owns it, BUT, it's the amount of work and time someone put in to make it what it is. Really, you should appreciate everyone's cars. Without them, where would the competition be when you wanna race cars? Or when you wanna watch the World Rally Cross?

17. every car is a good car its just how you look at it you could have a civic hybrid and say its a good car cause it is in its own sense it gets really good gas milage or a mini van cause it fits a lot of people or a huyndai accent cause its very cheap i think you see my point and im sure theres plenty that disagree but isnt that what this is all about to argue that one car is better then another

18. anyone agree he is drunk?<!-- Signature -->

19. kk i undaztand. but im still stikin to my mustang svo.

20. why doesn't the person who started this (or any) post ever responed!<!-- Signature -->

21. i respond when i start 1<!-- Signature -->

22. maybe were you bored to see amrican muscle ruling over your jap cars!

23. i think he's kinda right actually

24. well the only place i know of where american beats jap is at drag racing or if u mean road cars they only really sell in america. japan sells succesfully all over the globe

25. ha ha ha ha ! you make me laugh cuz your jap crap cars are pure rustbuckets and they sux in terms of handling under wet roads.