Re: Ferrari vs. Syclone

Discussion in '1964 Morgan +4+ Coupé' started by ivanko, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Whatever SHOboy.

2. Actully a car magazine compared the performace of the GMC Syclone to a Ferrari 348 and the Syclone was faster in straight line, i never did get to read the article , but thats pretty impressive for a pick-up truck. Car Craft had a article of a Syclone with only ported heads and a 4500 rpm stall converter and it did a 10.99 in the 1/4 mile now thats really impressive. i've seen numbers on the Syclone and it did 0-60 in 4.9 and the 1/4 mile in 13.6 @ 98.6 mph. and thats totaly stock.

3. seriously shoboy read the damn article what do you think ivan made that link up from the top of his head and put it on here. read before you speak next time

thats right skyline gtr v6 twin turbo AND supercharged<!-- Signature -->

4. There are a few Cars that deserve to be on this site...

The Syclone for sure

and the Volkswagen Corrado G60 and VR6...

Corrado is the best 4/6 Cylinder from germany I have ever seen! a little funny looking but really fast!

I would have to disagree about the Corrado being the best 4 cylinder from Germany , i would say the Porsche 968 is better by far , it was the worlds most powerfull naturally aspirated 4 cylinder in the world.

5. that is a beautiful syline engine

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Scotti Ducati</i>
    <b>Actully a car magazine compared the performace of the GMC Syclone to a Ferrari 348 and the Syclone was faster in straight line, i never did get to read the article , but thats pretty impressive for a pick-up truck. Car Craft had a article of a Syclone with only ported heads and a 4500 rpm stall converter and it did a 10.99 in the 1/4 mile now thats really impressive. i've seen numbers on the Syclone and it did 0-60 in 4.9 and the 1/4 mile in 13.6 @ 98.6 mph. and thats totaly stock.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Stright line? To qute Shumacher "Fun is not a stright line" So the car go fast forward? And so? On a twisty mountain road the Ferrari would kick it's ass BADLY!<!-- Signature -->

7. #7 ivanko, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  8. Btw, I can't understand why the owner of this web site refuses to add the 1991 GMC Syclone to the list? It's faster, handles better and is more rare than the Typhoon w/ only 2998 ever produced.

9. Ivanko See C & D Magazine

"http://www.sportmachines.com/magrack/car_driver_9-91.html"

Good story! Syclone is cool but I still rather have the Typhoon. Actually have you herd of the GMC C3 Lithenfelter(Speling?) 0-60 in 4.7 seconds! <!-- Signature -->

10. Yes, I'm very familiar with the truck. You found it at sportmachines?

That beast should be faster than 4.7 seconds , especially considering the money John sunk into it.. Heck my Syclone stock runs 4.6.

Later.

Adam

11. There are a few Cars that deserve to be on this site...

The Syclone for sure

and the Volkswagen Corrado G60 and VR6...

Corrado is the best 4/6 Cylinder from germany I have ever seen! a little funny looking but really fast!<!-- Signature -->

12. Syclone vs Ferrari? it flies, sure
    Typhoon vs Ferrari? stock? no chance

13. Syclone vs. Ferrari? Typhoon vs. Ferrari? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!? You cannot compare these trucks to a Ferrari you idiots!!! While were at it lets throw a Geo Metro vs. a McLaren F1!!! It might be a close race I think the Metro would edge it out in the end. You STUPID MORON!!!!!!

14. This is an SUV of corse it can't corner, it's just funny this aerodynamic nightmare keeps up with you quarter million dollar junk

it's like the little red express, without the HEMI

15. lol,I know I can't believe this crap is on here either!
    Then they have the nerve to compare it to a Ferrari,lol!

16. It lost get over it

17. SHOboy,you are retarded. The sy and ty can compete with ferraris in the 1/4. Considering the sy is capable of stock 13.1 and the ty with a 13.6. it may not be in the 6 digit price range but it will blow the doors off of most about anything out today. and anyway, SHO's suck dick, asshole.

18. Too impressive for a truck.

19. What kind of hick even aknowledges a SUV,then has the nerve to compare it with Ferrari,Freaking Stupid rednecks!

20. I would have to see an article put out by a reputible source before i would believe this crap. Not to mention the fact that this ugly thing would get its ass kicked by the LIGHTNING before you could say WOW and it has at least an extra thousand pounds. Not to mention the fact that it would kick its ass in cornering too. Besides, would you rather have this thing that might not even make it to the 100,000 mile mark, or would you have a FERRARI 348TS. "THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THEN STRAIGHT LINES, YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO TAKE THE CURVES UP AHEAD."

21. Please understand the context of the article. It was written back in the early 1990's. The article confirms the Syclone beat the Ferrari in acceleration and braking, but did do as well in the handling department. It did well for a truck.

Again, try and keep and open mind about other cars. I appreciate Ferrari's. They were built for one thing to be driven fast period.

How many of you guys who knocked the Syclone actually driven one?

Btw, the Typhoon is the SUV and the Syclone is the pickup truck and faster and better handling of the two.

I never really thought of the Syclone as a hick vehicle. Don't yuppie Ferrari drivers drive yuppie SUV's when they take a trip to the grocery store? A bit hypocritical perhaps?

FWIW,I mainly bought it for kicks to give folks in high dollar sports cars fits of range when they saw tail lights after the light turned green.

Ivanko
    GMC Syclone #2419

22. well, first of all any GMC vehicle would havea very hard time competing with a Ferrari. lets gface it, only the rich ppl can buy de ferrari, so obviously it has some stuff that is better than the GMC stuff

23. You ferrari owners think because its exspensive that it is faster then a gmc truck, the syclone stock today, and this is a 12 year old truck would spank almost anything light to light, and thats a stock one, mine runs 10s and is still awd so no ferrari would ever come close to beating my little black truck unless the ferrari is awd.

What a bunch of morons you guys are to think its a redneck truck, have a open mind, it is a awd turbo 4.3 liter v-6, intercooled and they only made 2998 of them, and alot of rich celebreties own them, they are awesome trucks and until you road in one you will never know, oh and they were way underated in 1991, they had more like 330hp and 400ftlbs of torque , stock!

24. Only people that are rich can buy a ferrari huh, I seen a 1992 testerossa selling for 68,000, so I dont think only rich people can buy ferraris moron.

My syclone will whip your ferrari or lambo for that matter in the 1/4 mile, and most likely braking as well, I got some very good wilwood brakes on my redneck truck.

25. I agree sysclone Rocks!, but also to the comment above, is 68,000 cheap for you?