Re: Fucking corvette copy!

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R' started by uno44, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Fucking corvette copy!

Dont you think?

2. how is the rx7 copying from the vette?<!-- Signature -->

3. U KNOW NOTHING!!!! don't insult ureself this car has looked like this since 1992 or something!! now u say that,, the bloody corvette is the copy!!>>>
    Later<!-- Signature -->

4. Well...it might look like it, but it isn't a copy....its just made to look like what it is, and by the way....compare the hp and displacement between this and your crappy vette.<!-- Signature -->

5. How can a car that is resembling what would be a coupe Miata, and that is powered by a rotary engine be a Corvette copy?

6. This uno44 dipshit needs to do a little homework before he opens his mouth... When this iteration came out in '93, the C4 was already TEN years old, six long years away from a re-design. So if you're gonna pitch a ***** about a car, Get your facts straight, and have a valid point.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CaptainBMW</i>
    <b>Well...it might look like it, but it isn't a copy....its just made to look like what it is, and by the way....compare the hp and displacement between this and your crappy vette.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hp/Liter huh? Fucking retard, you have no idea what a worthless measurment that is, we have been over and over it and still people make the same ignorant argument. Cars made by differnt companys in different parts of the world are made different, even if they are made for the same purpose. Besides if hp/l is your argument, why does this car get beat by such shitty low hp/L cars as an acshelby cobra with less than 50 hp/L or a z06 with even less than that? huh?
    retard.

Anyway to whoever started this thread, this car was redesigned in 93 and introduced to america with the redesign in 95, the vette (c5) would be the one to be the copy, but i dont think that copying style was the intent with either car.

8. Bigrob, I have to agree in almost all aspects. Except that the '93 to '95 all shared this style. Mazda started the RX-7 in the States in '79. The body style pretty much stayed the same up until '85. Then in '86 the FC or second generation body style was born. In '93 the FD or third generation was introduced to the States.

Don't know when the Vette got it looks, but I think it was after 93.

Chris<!-- Signature -->

9. What was the last year of RX-7 sale in the US?<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from uno44</i>
    <b>Dont you think?
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No I don't you asswhiping turd.<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Celicron</i>
    <b>When this iteration came out in '93, the C4 was already TEN years old, six long years away from a re-design.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Six years from a redesign? The C5 Corvette came out in '97, not '99. Also, the Corvette didn't really copy the RX-7 anyway. The designers just took the C4 and made it a little bigger, a little rounder, and a hell of a lot more powerful than the base coupe (the base coupe was 205-300 from '84-'96 [not including the 330hp'96 GS], the ZR1 was 375-405 through its 6 year run, '90-'95).<!-- Signature -->

12. Well this is a great educational forum, all that needs to be said is that no, the side moldings are all that is really similar, and this basic model RX-7 came out before the corvette.

13. it's the Corvette that mocked the RX-7...
    the C5 Corvette debuted in 1997... but the FD3 RX-7 debuted way back in 1991... coincidence that the C5 looks like the FD3? i don't think so... just look at the pop-up headlights... the shape of the hood... and the side vents...
    if u say that the Corvette DID NOT mock RX-7's styling at all... trust me... no one would believe ya...<!-- Signature -->

14. actually it has always looked like that it came out in 93 and was one of the best cars around but it has been slipping since
    i think it looks WAY better than the corvette
    corvettes are 4 rednecks

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from barney88</i>
    <b>actually it has always looked like that it came out in 93 and was one of the best cars around but it has been slipping since
    i think it looks WAY better than the corvette
    corvettes are 4 rednecks</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yah, ok bud..

Your average redneck doesn't have 50 grand lying around..<!-- Signature -->

16. you no absoulutely nothing you flaming idiot,the RX-7 is no way a copy of the C5,basically everyone has stated that the FD3s was out 4 years before the C5,what were you born yesterday?Or are you just STUPID?....ass hole

17. um....... RX7 had this way longer b4 corvette release their 199 model, which refer to u is a COPY of this car.

18. I'm going out on a limb here but I think that hp/L is a valid thing. It show the engineering to a car. Now I will say that on the aurgument of a rotary vs. an 8-cylinder it holds no ground simply because, I'm not sure but I think the 13b is a 1.3L and a Z06's LS1 is like a 5.8 or 4. That would be 75hp for the vette and 207hp/L for the j-spec mazda. Now plug the mazda numbers in the vette hp/L and who could really control 1121+/-hp really now. Apples and uhh.... Windows. this little baby could hold it's own with a vette better than most but a Z06 would make it sweat. Like wise a triple rotary would make the Z06 look like a cavalier.

19. Both of them didnt copy each other.

They are both are completely different. From engine to interior. So why are you guys arguing. This is obviously another japenese vs. american based arguement. I mean can't u ppl find something else better to argue about.

20. LOL! When the C5 came out everyone said it was a "#$%#ing RX-7 copy" What are you like 10 years old? This version of the RX-7 model has existed for a decade.

21. Car and Driver Motor Trend and many other automobile publications commented on the similarity of the "new" vette to the third generation RX-7.

22. i say... whether it's a copy or not...
    RX-7 looks much better...
    by the way... wasn't this model made before corvette?

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from uno44</i>
    <b>Dont you think?
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeah, i know...
    your #$%#ing corvette copied this...

this has been around since '93...
    i don't think the c5 has

get your facts right if you want to argue

24. Who ever said this car is a copy is a lost nut.

No one copied anyone, if someone did copy, chances are its Corvette's design that was "inspired" from this.

This car is not new, geez, surely people have heard of the RX-7!, If not, then what the hell ya doing in a super cars site.

Or are some people just too biased towards American carsa that they ignore the GREAT cars from Japan....Trust me, you're missing out if you do!!!<!-- Signature -->

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from R34 Skyline GTR</i>
    <b>it's the Corvette that mocked the RX-7...
    the C5 Corvette debuted in 1997... but the FD3 RX-7 debuted way back in 1991... coincidence that the C5 looks like the FD3? i don't think so... just look at the pop-up headlights... the shape of the hood... and the side vents...
    if u say that the Corvette DID NOT mock RX-7's styling at all... trust me... no one would believe ya...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

really thats what i said at the start...>
    Later<!-- Signature -->