Re: Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire!

Discussion in '2002 Acura DN-X Concept' started by SakabatoSuka, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Did I say straightline? No. Highway driving. It happens, albeit not too often. I never said it would win any race it came across... not every car is designed to be the fastest ever, but getting 40mi./gal. and having 400HP is pretty d@mned impressive (Who else has made such a feat of engineering?). As for you "electric cars suck" fanatics who only give a d@mn about acceleration, acceleration is ONLY determined by a simple horsepower to weight to drag ratio. Whether it's hybrid-electric or not, it's still 400 HP, so who gives a $hit about where the power comes from? It's horsepower is (relatively) high, it's drag is low, and I couldn't even guess as to the weight (I would imagine it's quite low, considering...), but 2 for 3 is pretty good by my standards. Take the Dodge Viper, it's horsepower is very high, it's drag is acceptable, but it's weight is horrid at 1.75 tons. This doesn't take from the fact that it will scream by a DN-X, but Dodge should've taken a few lessons from Honda, to get their precious 500HP from a 4 Litre 6-cylinder, save some weight and possibly find ways to reduce drag (And maybe widen the car some more so you can use the steering wheel while flooring it), making the Viper much faster than it presently is, and cheaper ( And better gas milage so it doesn't cost as much to spank other cars )... who wouldn't want that? Sure it wouldn't have that same tire-shredding torque as the present Viper, but
    A: I LIKE tires with treads, and
    B: You accelerate faster when the tires don't slip.
    Honda doesn't have the fastest cars in the world, but they DO make the most practical cars in the world ( How many land-yachts ...ERR... SUV's do you see Honda making?), and Honda does more with less (doubt it? check out the Honda S2000 and name ONE other manufacturer who can come up with 125HP/Litre). If Honda WANTED to make the fastest street-legal car on the roads, they could ( As I've said before, if Honda made a 8.2L V-10 like the Viper's, it'd be worth upwards of 1100HP... ever wonder why Honda doesn't go beyond 6-cylinders?). It isn't the flashiest car ever made (actually I find it quite ugly), nor is it the fastest, but the engineering put into this car is beyond anything else on the road.<!-- Signature -->

2. So you're saying that this 'supercar' is splendid because of it's fuel economy? Yes, you're right. That's what supercars are for anyways.

I scoff at your fuel economy. Also, who ever heard of a 3000 mile, straight line race? On the drag strip, on the closed track, on any real racing platform, this thing would get tumped by a whole shitload of cars.

3. Bump<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Wheelman</i>
    <b>I didn't say that F1 racing requires no skill. I said all the drivers do is steer. But the steering that they do requires a lot of skill.

Like I said, go electric if that's your bag, but don't get upset when you get beat every which way by something with gas power. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->On ur otehr post, u said F-1 racing doen't required a lot of skills, now u say it requires a lot of skills...<!-- Signature -->

5. Only thing i complain about this car is the LOOK OF It

It looks like an egg<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SakabatoSuka</i>
    <b>Did I say straightline? No. Highway driving. It happens, albeit not too often. I never said it would win any race it came across... not every car is designed to be the fastest ever, but getting 40mi./gal. and having 400HP is pretty d@mned impressive (Who else has made such a feat of engineering?). As for you "electric cars suck" fanatics who only give a d@mn about acceleration, acceleration is ONLY determined by a simple horsepower to weight to drag ratio. Whether it's hybrid-electric or not, it's still 400 HP, so who gives a $hit about where the power comes from? It's horsepower is (relatively) high, it's drag is low, and I couldn't even guess as to the weight (I would imagine it's quite low, considering...), but 2 for 3 is pretty good by my standards. Take the Dodge Viper, it's horsepower is very high, it's drag is acceptable, but it's weight is horrid at 1.75 tons. This doesn't take from the fact that it will scream by a DN-X, but Dodge should've taken a few lessons from Honda, to get their precious 500HP from a 4 Litre 6-cylinder, save some weight and possibly find ways to reduce drag (And maybe widen the car some more so you can use the steering wheel while flooring it), making the Viper much faster than it presently is, and cheaper ( And better gas milage so it doesn't cost as much to spank other cars )... who wouldn't want that? Sure it wouldn't have that same tire-shredding torque as the present Viper, but
    A: I LIKE tires with treads, and
    B: You accelerate faster when the tires don't slip.
    Honda doesn't have the fastest cars in the world, but they DO make the most practical cars in the world ( How many land-yachts ...ERR... SUV's do you see Honda making?), and Honda does more with less (doubt it? check out the Honda S2000 and name ONE other manufacturer who can come up with 125HP/Litre). If Honda WANTED to make the fastest street-legal car on the roads, they could ( As I've said before, if Honda made a 8.2L V-10 like the Viper's, it'd be worth upwards of 1100HP... ever wonder why Honda doesn't go beyond 6-cylinders?). It isn't the flashiest car ever made (actually I find it quite ugly), nor is it the fastest, but the engineering put into this car is beyond anything else on the road.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Did you happen to notice that this site is called supercars.net not practicalcars.net. I noticed that. Has anyone else noticed that?

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TurboCharged S45</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Type GT</i>
    <b>If driven an F1 doesn't involve much skill, then why I don't see you driven your crappy GASOLINE CART on a f1 track?

If your a track racer then you don't even deserve the right to mess with street racing cars. This car is for kids who like to go fast but want to save a little money from the gas. It is also called Advance-tech you idiots. Yo old gas people never understand why teengers like advanced-tech, just like parents don't understand why kid wear baggy pants and look like niggers. Chill out with electro cars. If you have any problem, go to a race track and cool down a bit.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You should be kicked off this site just for being a damn racist. Look like niggers? Are you stuck in the 16th Century or something? Personally, I don't wear baggy pants, but I know people who do and I know why they do it. You shouldn't be sterotyping people the way you do. Your a f*cking disgrace to this world, especially now in this time of pain.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Calm down. He's entitled to his own opinion.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Type GT</i>
    <b>If driven an F1 doesn't involve much skill, then why I don't see you driven your crappy GASOLINE CART on a f1 track?

If your a track racer then you don't even deserve the right to mess with street racing cars. This car is for kids who like to go fast but want to save a little money from the gas. It is also called Advance-tech you idiots. Yo old gas people never understand why teengers like advanced-tech, just like parents don't understand why kid wear baggy pants and look like niggers. Chill out with electro cars. If you have any problem, go to a race track and cool down a bit.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You should be kicked off this site just for being a damn racist. Look like niggers? Are you stuck in the 16th Century or something? Personally, I don't wear baggy pants, but I know people who do and I know why they do it. You shouldn't be sterotyping people the way you do. Your a f*cking disgrace to this world, especially now in this time of pain.

9. I didn't say that F1 racing requires no skill. I said all the drivers do is steer. But the steering that they do requires a lot of skill.

Like I said, go electric if that's your bag, but don't get upset when you get beat every which way by something with gas power. <!-- Signature -->

10. If driven an F1 doesn't involve much skill, then why I don't see you driven your crappy GASOLINE CART on a f1 track?

If your a track racer then you don't even deserve the right to mess with street racing cars. This car is for kids who like to go fast but want to save a little money from the gas. It is also called Advance-tech you idiots. Yo old gas people never understand why teengers like advanced-tech, just like parents don't understand why kid wear baggy pants and look like niggers. Chill out with electro cars. If you have any problem, go to a race track and cool down a bit.<!-- Signature -->

11. Give me fuel, give me fire, and give me a friggin' break!

Personally... I don't really like this design, but it's not all about the looks with this car. Reducing the drag by 25% over an NSX is quite a feat in my eyes, and getting it to go 40miles per gallon is even MORE impressive considering it's pushing close to 300HP on a V6 with no turbo. Want to talk about how much a car costs? Fine... you take your Viper out with it's powerful V-10, and rip it up, gobbling up fuel at an abhorrid rate. Drive the DN-X enough and it WILL eventually pay for itself by saving you money for gas, while pulling on most every car you could find on the street.
    Performance an issue? The DN-X won't straight outrun a Viper, but go coast-to-coast in a Viper against this car with equal-sized fuel tanks, and watch the DN-X disappear in your rear-view... you ought to enjoy catching up to it after you've stopped for gas, while the DN-X is capable of going approx. twice as far for the same amount of gas, making it a very interesing race. I couldn't really say who'd win, but it'd have a LOT to do with how fast you can refuel your Viper.<!-- Signature -->

12. First, my post that you quoted had nothing to do with the DNX concept. I was replying to a question posted by Coramoor. Pay more attention.

Second, as you pointed out, electric power still requires the use of an internal combustion engine to create an electric current. Yes, electricity is clean and efficient, but it is also slow and fairly unpractical. A fully electric car would require hours on a recharge cycle each day, and could never provide the performance output of an internal combustion engine. Also, a fully electric car has not yet been developed that can compete with the sheer ergonomics of any of our current gas powered cars.

Third, in stating that Methanol can be created in ones garage, I was merely trying to illustrate that it is renewable or rather, re-createable, unlike gasoline. While providing a greater amount of energy output from an engine, Methanol is clean burning, and the byproduct of its combustion is water. From what I have seen in the development of alternative fuel cars, electricity is usless, and hydrogen is not feasible at the present time. As I see it, Methanol is the most logical replacement for gasoline. It would simply take the place of gas, and would not require hours of recharging, nor would it require ridicluous solar collecters mounted on cars, all while giving a better HP and torque output.

Fourth, the most important thing is to remember that Methanol is essentially racing fuel; used by CART and NHRA Top Fuel dragsters. It obviously does not sacrifice HP for petty things like renewable resoucefulness or environmentally sound operation. In choosing electricity, you would be sacrificing everything that makes a car fun. So go that way if you want, and enjoy getting 1000 mpg with a quatermile time of 3 1/2 mins and a topspeed of 100 mph.<!-- Signature -->

13. The point is not to say that modifying cars is a bad idea, in fact I'm all for it. However, what really pisses me off is when people start saying stupid shit like "My tuned Eclipse could beat this Viper" and other such annoying diatribe. My signature only counts when comparing cars. Yes, you can say a 300 HP Eclipse is cool, but a 400 HP Mustang is cooler than that. And a 600 HP Supra is even more cool. And an 800 HP Viper is cooler still. You see the ridiculous extent to which this can go? Some cars are better than others, and comparing modified cars to stock cars is a cheesy way to equalize the playing field. $40000 into a Supra makes for a nice car, but $40000 into a Porsche makes for an even nicer one.

By the way, stock Eclipses came with 210 HP.<!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Wheelman</i>
    <b>The point is not to say that modifying cars is a bad idea, in fact I'm all for it. However, what really pisses me off is when people start saying stupid shit like "My tuned Eclipse could beat this Viper" and other such annoying diatribe. My signature only counts when comparing cars. Yes, you can say a 300 HP Eclipse is cool, but a 400 HP Mustang is cooler than that. And a 600 HP Supra is even more cool. And an 800 HP Viper is cooler still. You see the ridiculous extent to which this can go? Some cars are better than others, and comparing modified cars to stock cars is a cheesy way to equalize the playing field. $40000 into a Supra makes for a nice car, but $40000 into a Porsche makes for an even nicer one.

By the way, stock Eclipses came with 210 HP.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How does this relate to this concept? I've read a few articles on it. The 3.2 liter v6 produced 300 of the hp. While 100hp is from the batteries for when you first start off from a stop sign or stop light. That is where most of the fuel is used (most of the time). This concept right now is what would be a japanese release form. They like the more futuristic stuff it seems (just from what I've seen gets released over there sometimes). Again though it's a concept. Concept doesn't meant they are building it to release it. This most likely was built or designed to improve over to dualnote concept. Also I notice you complaining about electricity being hippie thing and not the smartest power source to use. Well I would like to say I believe you wrong there. Methanol, yes does have it's advantages like you said. As for using electricity now it seems very logical. First off they can get it produced from the motor and from the friction of braking. Then store it in the batteries. The requires no plugging it in or anything of the sort. Next you were talking about producing methanol in your garage. Odds are maybe 5% of people would feel ok about this juts do to the fact they know it's going to be in their car next. So with it being like that you'd have to setup a whole distribution system. Do you know how much money and how long it would take to setup methanol distribution across the country at gas stations along with regular gas for the millions of cars that would still be on it for the next hundred years? Sure you can get methanol some places now but by far not enough places for uses in automobiles.

15. Wheelman.. Although i agree with you on this subject.. That weird slogan of yours sort of caught my eye..
    You say any idiot can tune a piece of shit car and make it fast.
    Even if this was true.. wouldn't it be easier for this idiot to take all these money(which he has to much to be good for him off) an use them on an expensive car which need no tuning..
    No matter how you look at it.. Tuning a piece of shit is more work and harder(requiring skill) unless you pay someone to do it. In which case it amounts to the same thing as bying an already cool car...
    Now either way it's a credit to your wallet. But it's also a credit to your car. You can't argue that an Eclipse with 300 hp is cooler than an eclipse with 100-200(or whatever they ship with in stock condition).
    This slogan of yours simply makes no sense.

16. agreed, but soon all cars will come with a hybrid assist system stock.. which,you and i share the same thoughts about, is pretty gay, id much rather have a car with a real transmission in it, and methonal isnt the worst idea...

17. Methanol is probably the best alternative to gasoline there is. You get more power and zero polution. Designers shouldn't even waste their time with electricity. Lousy hippies.<!-- Signature -->

18. Formula 1 cars are not good. Yes, they are fast, but F1 racing has become less a test of driving skills, and more a battle of the engineers. Do you even know what a F1 car is like? Basically, all the pilot does is steer. The trannies are almost fully automated, there is automated braking for turns, and there is even a button for launch. A preset button which maximizes throttle and clutch for the best possible launch. All the pilot does is steer. Now call me crazy, or call me a driving enthusiast, but that doesn't sound like much fun.

Also, when they give you a horsepower rating, but they don't have a torque rating or an RMP range, then the HP rating is bullshit. How can you possibly establish HP without torque and RPM? 400 HP my ass! Do you honestly Honda can pull 400 HP out of their asses without charging you half a million dollars for it?

Gimme a break, or better yet....gimme a real car.<!-- Signature -->

19. Holy shit... you're complaining about a 6-Speed like the kind used in Formula 1 and 400 HP? What the hell is your problem?<!-- Signature -->

20. Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire!

I don't care what anybody says. This is ridiculous. All these new cars with their diddly-shit electronic assist engines and frooty-ass transmissions are for losers. I will never, ever buy a car with these hippie design features. I want gasoline and a normal 5 or 6 speed shift gate transmission. All this Tiptronic, autostick, sequential gear clutchless crap is taking the fun out of motoring. Stick to what works. If you need an alternative power source, build cars that run on methanol. It's clean burning, and you can make it in your garage! I hate the new direction cars are taking. Give me a real car and kiss my ass.<!-- Signature -->