Re: Give the AMG SLK32 please

Discussion in '2001 BMW M Coupe' started by Davut, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Give the AMG SLK32 please

First of all, Z3 is very ugly. SLK is very handsome. But yet, those BMW fans will say looks are subjective.

Then let's look at stats. It's time for BMW to upgrade their performance, I was expecting this move ever since the SLK32 was out. I mean how can a BMW be slower than a Mercedes rite? But unfortunately, even with this new version, the M-Z3 is still a little slower than the SLK32, 5.0 vs. 4.9, 5.1 vs. 5.0, 5.2 vs. 5.0 depending on the source. M-Z3 has a higher lateral acceleration but a much slower slalom speed, and a quarter mile time a little slower than the Benz. BMW gains back some points in braking performance and gearbox, but Mercedes has better ride and ergonomics, plus the convertible hard top, giving you a coupe and a convertible in one car.

So which will you choose? I'd pick the SLK for sure.

2. Keep in mind that SLK32 AMG is supercharged.. Do you know why BMW won many of its engine on the engine awards? Do you know why McLaren F1 is a legend? True sports car doesnt use steroids! Its easy to built a 1000hp car like veyron with four turbochargers but I'd rather have a McLaren F1 instead although its cheaper and slower.

3. Hey, dogsh!t Davut? There are 3 features of the MB SLK: UGLY, UGLY and UGLY. It's the UGLIEST car I've ever seen and I still remember the fu@kface SLK especially in yellow, what a c-u-n-t-head! Elton John should have one SLK b/c it's a car for G@Y, like you beggar.

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IvanKaramazov</i>
    <b>Hey, dogsh!t Davut? There are 3 features of the MB SLK: UGLY, UGLY and UGLY. It's the UGLIEST car I've ever seen and I still remember the fu@kface SLK especially in yellow, what a c-u-n-t-head! Elton John should have one SLK b/c it's a car for G@Y, like you beggar.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What is up with you Ivan? You curse all the time, bash Elton John for some reason, and are a definate homophobe. I've noticed this in several of your posts. Why don't you try coming up with some new material? You current shlock is getting old. Oh, and for some reason, you don't seem to like some of the coolest cars on the planet, very strange...
    :p
    I'd take the M Coupe. Fewer of those are out there than the SLKs and I like the looks better.<!-- Signature -->

5. Don't forget that the slk is some 10 grand more expensive and has a supercharger. Just because slk has straight line performance doesn't mean that it is great. Every other aspect of a sportscar is better in the m.

6. Keep barking Ivan. Good Ivan.

7. Well, the SLK looks better, it's a convertible hardtop, and it's faster in the straights. The M coupe is more like a race car than the SLK though. The M coupe would be more fun to drive, but the SLK would be better for cruising around town. Take whichever suitz you best, they're both great cars.<!-- Signature -->

8. Good job Thugz, the voice of moderation.
    People on here often forget that all cars are different and have different purposes.
    Porsches are still the best though :p

9. Keep fu@king with Elton, little Davut.

10. I think the fat-@ss SLK is crap.

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IvanKaramazov</i>
    <b>I think the fat-@ss SLK is crap.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Woof, woof.<!-- Signature -->

12. What's wrong with you, TwoPynts? Dun make the "woof, woof" sound when you're fu@king with Davut, even his little crappy d!ck can't fulfill you.

13. Haha, this Ivan son of a B!+ch is such a fu@king joke

14. I agree with what Thugz said.

BMW better performance (overall)

Mercedes better car overall.

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Davut</i>
    <b>I agree with what Thugz said.

BMW better performance (overall)

Mercedes better car overall.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I agree with you, DAVUT

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PorscheGTserieS</i>
    <b>Good job Thugz, the voice of moderation.
    People on here often forget that all cars are different and have different purposes.
    Porsches are still the best though :p</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Damn straight, I'd take a Porsche or a Lotus over one of these two anyday.<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Thugz</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PorscheGTserieS</i>
    Porsches are still the best though :p</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Damn straight, I'd take a Porsche or a Lotus over one of these two anyday.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I agree, Porsche is the best when comparing every aspects: engine reliability, handling, balancing, style, quality,......
    hey man, do you collect diecast models?
    I've got lots of Porsche scale models. Like the EXOTO 934 and 935, they're the best models, even I've never driven any one of them before.
    My preference: Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Audi, McLaren

18. I'll take the M Coupe. It is a far better sports car than the SLK 32. It's 0-60 time is more like 4.8, not 5.0. I certainly don't need the extra weight of the folding hard top, not the automatic tranny.<!-- Signature -->

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IvanKaramazov</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Thugz</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PorscheGTserieS</i>
    Porsches are still the best though :p</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Damn straight, I'd take a Porsche or a Lotus over one of these two anyday.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I agree, Porsche is the best when comparing every aspects: engine reliability, handling, balancing, style, quality,......
    hey man, do you collect diecast models?
    I've got lots of Porsche scale models. Like the EXOTO 934 and 935, they're the best models, even I've never driven any one of them before.
    My preference: Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Audi, McLaren </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I've got a Porsche 959 model(I wish I had the actual car)<!-- Signature -->

20. 959 you mean diecast model? Which scale? I collect 1/43 Minichamps, 1/18 UT AUTOART....... now I've got around 600 models, most of them are porsche! I've got a 959 in pearl white by MR.
    It's pretty damn now the Ferrari models are exclusive for Mattel, their quality SUX! It force me to buy Ferrari models made by BBR, which are ten times of the price of a Mattel one.

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Davut</i>
    <b>Then let's look at stats. It's time for BMW to upgrade their performance, I was expecting this move ever since the SLK32 was out. I mean how can a BMW be slower than a Mercedes rite? But unfortunately, even with this new version, the M-Z3 is still a little slower than the SLK32, 5.0 vs. 4.9, 5.1 vs. 5.0, 5.2 vs. 5.0 depending on the source. M-Z3 has a higher lateral acceleration but a much slower slalom speed, and a quarter mile time a little slower than the Benz. BMW gains back some points in braking performance and gearbox, but Mercedes has better ride and ergonomics, plus the convertible hard top, giving you a coupe and a convertible in one car.

So which will you choose? I'd pick the SLK for sure.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Better ride? R&T didn't find that when testing the M Roadster and SLK32 AMG. LOL, the SLK's suspension is far more advanced than the M Roadster/Coupe's, yet the Bimmer matches it for ride? And blows away the Merc in the subjective handling department? True, the SLK beats the M Roadster to the quarter mile. But by only one TENTH of a second (its same margin over the M Roadster at the 60 mph mark, BTW). The 315-hp M Coupe tested by Car & Driver posted a quarter mile time .3 seconds ahead of the SLK32 AMG.

Some more fun with numbers:
    Nurburgring:
    M Coupe/SLK32 AMG
    8:22/8:26

Hockenheim:
    1:17.2/1:18.5

And still the M Coupe costs about 10 grand less. Ouch!

22. my choice is BMW

Who wants a supercharged car? i really ilke naturally aspirated cars....the new Bugatti 16/4 Veyron is cool lookin car, but it has 4 turbos, what isn't so cool. The McLaren F1 has a BMW motor that is pure natural aspirated power....the chinen people make Nissans that has over 1000hp....but whats the idea? theres no sound like a naturally aspirated mean 12-cylinder....like McLaren F1. So, the BMW is always a bmw..no matter what, sure the mercedes is a nice car too but i really like the styling of M coupe, someone would say that it looks like a Russain sausage.....but thats their opinion. So...someone likes a beemer someone likes a merc, but the topic isn't M Coupe vs. SLK 230, so why argue about that?<!-- Signature -->

23. I definetly agree that the BMW is ugly, so very ugly. The SLK has an automatic tranny though, once you have driven a manual, autos kinda bore you, especially in a sports car, in a minivan i really dont care. But, I have driven a couple of race cars with motorcylce engines, those little engines rev to 12,000rpm and it is such a great feeling. A good NA is so much more exciting than a forced induction engine, i have driven a couple of my friends turbo honda and acuras, then i was able to teach my friends dad stick, in his s2000. That engine is crazy, and i can imagine the bmw engine would give me the same smile. So the BMW, i just would only drive it were people couldnt see me drive it.

24. I agree. The SLK-32 AMG is a better car overall. I would rather have one of those than any BMW. That's right, you heard me. Personally, I think that Mercedes-Benz is way better than BMW. I think BMW sucks, but I'm not putting anyone down if they like BMW. It's okay to be imperfect.

25. How the hell is Mercedes "way better than" BMW? Care to explain?