Re: good car

Discussion in '2000 Bentley Arnage Red Label' started by laazn, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Every playa's dream car!<!-- Signature -->

2. damn..i saw one of them before, it was sweet

3. I think all of us want it....<!-- Signature -->

4. Hey, "oh5bellies". I was talking about the S55 or S600, not the SL55. The Mercedes has nearly all the same luxury features in an even higher performing car. Bentley is hand crafted and very well done, I might add. I really like the car. It's a very special piece of machinery. However, I'm partial to my RENNTech S60. The whole Mercedes S-class line-up is wonderful. As is the Arnage. By the way, Bentley has two "e"s in the spelling.

5. i know what you are saying, but bently have the upper hand because they are hand crafted, to any colour, and any specs. whereas a merc is machine built, with a limited list of colour and spec<!-- Signature -->

6. wanna be a baller...<!-- Signature -->

7. I think the guy who said the mercedes s600 or s55 is just as good is right. Actually, for a person who wants maybe a little more speed should go with mercedes. They weight much, much less. On the other hand, if you want to impress the ladies or look like a pimp, this Arnage is the car for you, and fpr all men!

8. I Think I Would Be Alrite In A 2003 BMW 740Li, Which I Belive Is Much Better Than Almost Every Japaniese, English, German Sports Sedan The Only Problem I Have Is The v12 Is An Option And Not Standard. But Hey Who Needs A v12 In The City Anyways?

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from G20</i>
    <b>I think the guy who said the mercedes s600 or s55 is just as good is right. Actually, for a person who wants maybe a little more speed should go with mercedes. They weight much, much less. On the other hand, if you want to impress the ladies or look like a pimp, this Arnage is the car for you, and fpr all men!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Has anyone seen the episode of motortrend where they put this beast
    against the mercedes S600? Man, theyre pretty close(performance wise)<!-- Signature -->

10. guess what, I own this car and I am german. I also own the Jaguar XJR. Why did I buy English Cars eventhough I'm german? First of all we really do hate mercedes. Yeah they make a good taxi but that's about it, the cars most german people seem to like is first and foremost BMW closely followed by Audi. Secondly I love the BMW 7 but it seems like everyone has one and it is kind of outdated. The Arnage has much of BMW's technology incorporated into the car and it's downright beautiful. And no matter where you live it's almost sure you'll be the only one at the club with this one. Unfortunately I never took it on the Autobahn like I did with the XJR because I moved to Atlanta GA. This car is well worth it's money but nothing comes close to the performance of the XJR. Oh and just to give you a tip, buy this car in germany, the DM and the Euro are so low it really pays off to do some extra homework and find one over there.

11. all of you who said merc's are better youre crazy, this is one of the best cars ever!!! i never liked bentleys much but this one....i would pay all that money for it (if i could)<!-- Signature -->

12. My dad has both the Merc S class and the Bentley. Bentley handles better goes faster and smells better.

13. English cars are all about luxury while German cars is pure business and high-tech. You are not going to find Parktronic on a Bentley nor will you find 3 feets of wood in a MB. It all depends on what you prefer.

By the way, most people I know buys an Arnage as their personal car and a S-class MB for business functions.

14. heh i know this car
    one of my clients at work has one he waited 5 years to get it.
    just to put you ppl at ease its the most wonderful car to drive you could ever immagine....well besides my trans am.. but none the less it flys twin water cooled turbos really make a difference on the highway mmmmmmmmmm
    still i wouldent pay a little over 350 000 for it heh

15. I wonder what it would be like to cruise down the street in this Baby!!!!, too bad i'll never ever get to try it, its friggin almost $300 000!!!! They should makea car like this for the Mortal man

16. Merc's make good taxis, thats about all.
    Even the Germans think they're crap.
    As far as joe public are concerned they think
    they've made it if they get a Merc, yet they're full
    of design faults.
    If you really want to prove you've made it buy a Bentley.
    Even a 10 yr old model has more prestige & Status
    than any Merc. Why do you think the Germans bought
    the Company.

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from austintatious</i>
    <b>Merc's make good taxis, thats about all.
    Even the Germans think they're crap.
    As far as joe public are concerned they think
    they've made it if they get a Merc, yet they're full
    of design faults.
    If you really want to prove you've made it buy a Bentley.
    Even a 10 yr old model has more prestige & Status
    than any Merc. Why do you think the Germans bought
    the Company.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Thats very true. Germans really don't like Mercedes. Their choices are #1 Audi and #2 Bimmer. And how can you compare a MBZ to a Bentley. Bentley are so much nicer in all categories. It is very hard to explain, once you get into a Bentley you feel so good. A feeling you could never get from a Mercedes. I suggest that until all you guys actually drive both these cars (or at least see them in person) I suggest that you be quiet. It is very obvious that you( not austintatious) have never seen a Bentley or else been inside one since you even think about comparing it to a MBZ.

18. you, the one who thinks a merc SL55 amg is good,
    i have been in that merc and the bently, the bently is mint(brilliant, i am from england, live 1 mile from trv factory), the bently is the nicest car i have evr been in, i have been in lots, sorry you are wrong a merc is never as good,
    bently rule<!-- Signature -->

19. yeah i'd love to have one too, but i wouldnt pay 200 or 300 thousand bucks for one. :)<!-- Signature -->

20. Sure, it's a great car. At the price of a quarter mil or so, it should be. However, you can get just as much luxury and even better performance from AMG Mercedes S55 or an S600 at a fraction of the cost. Nevertheless, I still love this car too. What a good looking and classy automobile.

PS Sorry, uploaded the wrong pic.

21. good car

i wish i had this car!