Re: gt40 can beat this

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The gt40 can beat this, but in 2004 z06 corvettes are supossed to have 529hp., but we never know witch one will be better untill it comes out. What do you think. 2004 will be a great year for American muscle, because the gt40 will be out and so will the new vipers, new corvettes, gtos, mach 1s, firebirds/camaros(hopefully), c6-rs, new mustangs, chargers(from what I heard), and probably lingenfelters and hennessys for the new corvettes and vipers. Does anyone know if there's going to be a 2004 chevelle, because there's a website for the 2004 corvettes that says 2004 corvette and chevelles, but it doesn't give any info. on the 2004 chevelle. Sorry if I didn't spell chevelle right I don't know how to spell it.

2. The GT40 beating the 2002 Z06? That's a given! But the GT40 beating the 2004 Corvette/ Z06(if they introduce a Z06 of the C6 Corvette), I'm not so sure.<!-- Signature -->

3. I'm not going to ruin the GM's Corvette surprise, but I will say that in mid-2003 they're making Impala SS's again. 3.8 liter supercharged, though it is front-wheel drive.

4. How do you know about gms corvette suprise, does anyone in your family work for chevy. Is this true a supercharged impala.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>How do you know about gms corvette suprise, does anyone in your family work for chevy. Is this true a supercharged impala.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I know a couple of friends in the Kentucky line that told me some things about whats to come, I feel secure in the Corvette's dominance at the least with the options they're going through. But with the most powerful option they're considering in 2005 I am sort of disappointed. While it would destroy everything it is untraditional.

Yes, GM feels a need to fill the Camaro gap even further by reintroducing the last true big body muscle car. I have a feeling that Chevy will be getting its engine design from Buick. If that occurs then you can plan on it having 270+ HP and 310+ Torque.

6. I know exactly what you are talking about Will. At least, I am pretty sure I know what you are talking about. Does Cadillac have to do with it? I don't want to give anything away, but if we are talking about the same thing than Cadillac is all I need to say.<!-- Signature -->

7. When you people type and submit your reply some of you have a line and then it says more stuff how do you get that.

8. Never mind I got the info. for that, but can anyone tell me if there's going to be a 2004 chevelle.<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>
    <b>I'm not going to ruin the GM's Corvette surprise, but I will say that in mid-2003 they're making Impala SS's again. 3.8 liter supercharged, though it is front-wheel drive.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

that sucks they should make a rear wheel drive ls1 motor for the impala ss<!-- Signature -->

10. Those 3800 engines are great. The new Impala engine will have the 3800cc Supercharged engine, called the Series III. The Series II is one of the greatest engines made. <!-- Signature -->

11. I think GM should play around with the idea of a lighter weight, lower displacement, finely tuned vette'. something more expensive, upwards of $100k, just a one off that has potential as a more exotic production car. try to push the hp/liter up towards 90 or 100. just something to muffle the people out there who knock the vette' for whatever reasons<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from antiJap</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>
    <b>I'm not going to ruin the GM's Corvette surprise, but I will say that in mid-2003 they're making Impala SS's again. 3.8 liter supercharged, though it is front-wheel drive.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

that sucks they should make a rear wheel drive ls1 motor for the impala ss</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

They should, but hey, better than an everyday economy car.

13. I heard that the 2004 corvette will have non pop up headlights for the first time since 1962.<!-- Signature -->

14. Also the 2004 vette is supposed to have better handleing than before and also lighter and more powerful than before.<!-- Signature -->

15. the next vette wont have pop up head lights, its the law now (incase non of u know) the impala heard was getting a 5.7 v8 and is goin to be rear drive. i heard the reg corvette will have 450 hp while the zo6 will have around 500. i have heard nothing of the chevelle, maybe ur thinkin gto, which is a holden. how do i know this, i work for GM<!-- Signature -->