Re: gto vs. 2003 mustang cobra

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Any Viper would beat any of them, but, obviously, the second place is for the GTO.<!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ThE DaRkStAlKeR</i>
    <b>Any Viper would beat any of them, but, obviously, the second place is for the GTO.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually one of the first vipers would be a very tight race with the new Cobra. And your just kidding yourself if you think that the GTO will be faster than the cobra.<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ThE DaRkStAlKeR</i>
    <b>Any Viper would beat any of them, but, obviously, the second place is for the GTO.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually one of the first vipers would be a very tight race with the new Cobra. And your just kidding yourself if you think that the GTO will be faster than the cobra.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

not to mention you could buy two of either of these cars for the cost of the viper.<!-- Signature -->

4. You guys are kidding your self thinking the gto will be slower, because the cobra is heavy! 3664lbs to be exact. It's heavier than the gto. The gto should be around 3550 or less, because the monaro is only 3600lbs. and this is going to be a sportier, lighter, and more powerful car. <!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>I am kidding myself thinking the gto will be faster.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yup.<!-- Signature -->

6. you want to tell me this thing will beat the base vette. hmmm i have some dout about that. 350hp against 425hp.

7. pplz the Cobra kills
    gto sucks shit
    ok letz see
    Cobra looks better than the GTO
    more HP
    no competuition COBRA All the way
    if u wanna compare
    Cobra convertible vs. THunderbird convertible vs Camaro convertible
    tell me who would win?
    email me at
    smangat13@hotmail.com!!!!!

8. "Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" Caroll Shelby. (Hoseman's signature.)

Who's got more torque? Ok, ok, the Cobra is better than the GTO, only in numbers, because the body of the GTO is more beautiful than Cobra's. But the Viper is better than those two.

9. Sorry, sorry, I forgot that we aren't talking about Vipers. Sorry again.

10. The mustang has more torque and horsepower, and a nicer torque curve [what is really important]. If you think the GTO is beautiful that's up to you. I think it is a rather boring car with a good engine in it.

No chit the viper is better than both of them.

11. camaro, stop dreaming about this being some ultra gm product. it's not going to be able to wear the cobra's jock-strap.

12. Because the cobra has a supercharger! For little cost I could put a supercharger on a gto and watch the hp. go up to 450 and smoke that cobra.

13. supercharge the gto like the 03' cobra and the gto will win

14. this thing sucks don't think so read

it seems that ever body who likes this car is badly miss informed because it does not have 350 hp it has 302hp, it weighs 3616lbs, and it does a 1/4 mile in around 14.9 secs with the six speed manual as listed by motor trend. The bottom line is that it will get smoked by a 2003 cobra. It would be embarasing fo gm. This thing is shit it costs way to much for the lack of performance.

15. no it probably still won't it's not fast, it's not cool, it won't ever get a factor super charger, and it won't ever beat a cobra it sucks

16. Re: this thing sucks don't think so read

I have never seen an ls1 with less hp than 310(z28). You say that motor trend says it has 302? Were??? I have the october magazine right here in my lap and ive checked the motor trend website for stats on the gto. I have found nothing! Opinions will be respected by me, but false accusations are intolerable.

P.S. in case you missed it, i commented on somthing you might wanna try in the future in the "2003 cobra and gto are not a fair comparison" forum. Check it out little buddy. It will do ya some good.

17. Re: this thing sucks don't think so read

Read page 54 of the july 2002 motor trend, this is no false accusastion. But, you know so much mabey you should publish your own magazine.

18. first off the cobra barely held off the 320 hp Z28 so how do you think it will do against thrity more horses and a much sleeker design. Secondly Cobras are severely overated by underinformed wannabes GM has the power and torque ford cant even get the style right.

19. Here we go again, with the what if this and what if that, Fact is more respected than fiction, and since your a star wars fan, I really hope you dont think that star wars really did happen and that santa clause and the easter bunny really exists. Fact one, The cobra comes STOCK with the supercharger, just like some porsches come STOCK with twin turbos. Second FACT fords 4.6 Liter engine responds WAY better to forced induction compared to CHevys LS1 engine, It has been proven by VORTECH and the fact is that the end result is that Fords engine has WAY more HP than the LS engine. So what is there to worry about, your ficticious claims? What if this what if that? come on now, you can do better than that. That is all we ever hear, let it rest already. Chevy has no response to the new cobra..but no doubt that in the future, they will. And what will happen in 2004, Cobras will be sporting 5.0 engines again, Chevy will still be sporting the LS1 detuned for all their cars as usual. What does that mean...more competition between the two, thats what that means. Get it straight next time. We can all sit here and debate your precious WHAT IF fairy tales, and come up with some rediculous claims and sound like a bunch of 5 year olds. "OH YEAH WELL IN 2008 CHEVY WILL HAVE 1000 HP....OH YEAH WELL IN 2020 FORD WILL HAVE 5000 HP... Its a fckin joke....Waste of time, lets still to the present cause the future has not happened yet

20. #70 Mantronix, Nov 5, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    You know...your comments would of been respected but then you went and started to take a huge sh!t on urself. I would come WAY WAY WAY down to your level and let you have it, just like I have alot of ignorant, sh1t stained low IQ retarts in the past. Here is the short end of it....The new Cobras will sport a 5.0Liter engine NA, these engines are capable of over 700HP in tuned form, 965HP in race form:
    Currently there is a concept car with the new SVT engine, Making 465HP.
    http://www.supercars.net/cars/2002@$MG@$XPower%20SV%20Conceptg.html

21. You really are a retard you know that, if your going to mod the GTO to race against the new cobra...why not make it fair...LETS MOD THE COBRA TOO....and what is the end result....AN ASS WHOOPIN YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE. You must realize a couple of things. The Cobra comes STOCK with a very low-boost supercharger, compared to what you can purchase aftermarket. STOCK vs STOCK, there is no competition..the Cobra will be straight up dissin and dismissin..the GTO. Also keep in mind how much the cobra's potential is held back from the factory.
    K&N air filter, bassani Xpipes, lighting pulley....will give the Cobra a total of an EXTRA 120RWHP. Three simple mods and you are getting an extra 120RWHP..thats to the wheels. Imagine putting a larger boost charger on it. These are all facts my friend...You can also check out Sean Hyland Motorsport webpage, and see the package they have for the cobra....shaving almost 300lbs off the car and increasing HP to 500. Are you drooling yet???

22. you mustang guys eat sleep and drive shit. if the mustang even has 380 horse why doesnt it go low 12s. the proof is at the track

23. 98 trans am with a procharger with an 8 lb. pulley runs 11s with an otherwise stock motor

24. It already is MODED! It has a supercharger on it already.

25. Re: this thing sucks don't think so read

That was for the holden monaro NOT the gto. You read it wrong. I did to at first.