Re: Guys... this is the simple explanation why this car is good.

Discussion in '2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R V Spec' started by Ultimate, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Guys... this is the simple explanation why this car is good....

This car is good because its under 19,000 dollars.. as simple as that.. yeah we all wish we could have more power but the real question is are u willing to pay the price for that power? if ur broke.. ur answer was no.. and if u got an additional 8 Gs u just bout a Nissa Maxima ;P

this car is by no means a sports car.. just think of it what it is.. its an economy sedan with nice looks.. as simple as that

2. well it is a sports car because it's above-average in its specs. good to see a six speed box and plenty of torque, should be sweet to drive, older SE-R's always were good

<!-- Signature -->

3. Thi Is The Colest, Cheapes, Most Efficent Litle BuggerTo Come Out Of Japan Since The Prelude. For $19,111 Amerian i Cold Buy ThiCar Fuly Loaded And Ready To Go At My Local Nissan Dealer. Definaly The Absolute Budget Bandito of the Small Sports Car Market, This Car Deserves An Award For The Biggest Scruples. 175 HP out of th box, 6-Speed Manual Tranny, RF Stero System, An Th Coolest Seats In A Car Ive Seen (Besides The Berger SS Prototype). Now that Nissmo Has Announced That They Will Come To America, It Furthr Gives Me A Reason Not To Buy A Acura Or Honda Of NeSort. Now what About The 240SX.......

LONG LIVE CAMARO!

4. the car has gret styling, althought it would be nice to see the rear exhaust more molded into the rear bumper than just hanging underneath
    this is a "bang for your buck" car
    its the only COMPACT four door on the market with this type of engine and specs for under $35000 (besides the subaru wrx), all other COMPACT four doors with stock power are beamers and rich cars...

i hope i can get one of these in the spring depending on availability<!-- Signature -->

5. dude....under $35,000? lol try under $20,000. Then there is nothing fo under 20k that can beat this car. The only one in its class that could is the WRX but thats over 20K. So overall this is the best bang for the buck

6. YES THIS CAR IS AH SPORTS CAR,
    AND I SEE IT TO BE THE BEST THING ON THE MARKET IN IT'S CLASS FOR 2002.

I HAVE ONE AND I AM TELLING YOU PEOPLE I CAN TAKE ON MOST OF THE
    6 CYL. CARS ON THE ROAD RIGHT NOW IN A Q.MILE DASH AND STILL BE IN RANGE.

AND AFTER THE 5th APRIL,WHEN I GET THAT SUPERCHARGER IN.
    I'LL BE SAYING BYE BYE TO ALOT OF THEM.

<!-- Signature -->

7. You guys are very correct. I was just thinking that the Sentra is an underrated car.<!-- Signature -->

8. You are just retarded Cemoxbs, id like to know where this dealership is located that they told you it owuld be 22k because I got a black one with sun roof and audio fanatic stereo for under 18k. hahaha, you must really suck at life.

9. "I got a black one with sun roof and audio fanatic stereo for under 18k." luvdaspeed

Actually I'd like to know where you got yours. I just bought mine yesterday bright red, fully loaded with audio finatic, sunroof and everything, for $19.5. Not a bad deal for a great fully loaded car, but I can't imagine getting one for $18K. What's ur secret?!?

10. 17,900!! No secret, i went in and didnt even bargain, he said i can give it to you for 17,900. I asked for 17,500 and he said he wouldn't budge. Yesterday the odometer broke 500. Cant wait to put it over 5000 rpm's!!!!!

11. #11 Esprit999, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    i believe that 17,900 price...the dealer probably was desperate to sell and didn't make much profit ($200 give or take) lol. You got a good deal man. My dealer made ($250) from selling it to me. Which is great because lots of dealers have $500 minimum profit margins.

www.geocities.com/serguy999

12. lolol

Yeah right. This car is nothing. Its not even a sports car. It has no place on a website for supercars. These cars suck, they are built to do battle with civics for the stupid american fast and the furious posers. I know a guy with one of these. They suck.

13. Is everybody just forgetting that the SRT - 4 exists...

Performance wise this sentra does not even come close....

14. Nobody is forgetting that the SRT-4 exsists....this is a old topic and most of these have been posted before the SRT-4 was around. But like I said in the other post.....you can't comapre a N/A engine to a turbo charged engine. You want a fair comparison then how about a SRT-4 vs. a S15 Silvia. Both are turbo charged 4 cylinders...but also like I said before 2005 is rumored to have a turbo Spec V

15. Spec V Turbo? WHere did u hear this rumor from?

16. In an issue of Import Tunner magazine, they receantly tested three different spec nismo's. The 350Z and the Sentra SER. S-tune (intended for street driving)and th R-tune (for high performance track work).YOu can eather buy a whol pacage or up grade bit by bit.
    Buying factory performance parts under warrantee sounds good to me.

17. Re:

alot of people dont like the srt-4, thats why they dont compare it...and as far as dealers not making money, they could (sometimes) sell a car at invoice and STILL make money...its called factory rebates.

18. silvia?!

hey NismoMasta
    whats the deal with your skyline powered silvia? I am very intrested in it, if you still have it. Why is it half dead?

19. Understand I am a Nissan fan, and what I got to say about this car is... BAHHH!

Im not really impressed. Every time I read up about this car and its competition, it really doesnt seem to do that well. I would take an SVT Focus, Mazda Speed MP3 Protoge, DODGE SRT-4 or a Mini Cooper S over this thing. For around the same price as this car, you could get the SVTs superior handling, the fit and finish and retro style of the Cooper S or the brute Power of the SVT 4, or even get the last year they make the Mazda Protoge. the SE-R to me is a let down. It's not the best in any area of the cars mentioned above. Each car in it's class has a special benifit for choosing that car. The SE-R has nothing that says (this is why Im a better choice). It's not the cheapest, not the fastest, not the most reliable,(not the worst reliable either :)-) ) not the best looking. The shape of the car is bland and old in style. It doesnt look like a car made for the new millenium, it looks old. It's just there filling up space. It might be the most spacious. IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A PERFORMANCE FWD ENTRY LEVEL PERFORMER, THIS MIGHT BE WHAT YOU WANT!!! OTHERWISE LOOK INTO THE OTHER CARS MENTIONED.

In looks I feel all the cars I mentioned here look better than this one as well. Yeah the interior is pretty nice, but even the interior is starting to look outdated, it looks like to me a 1996-97 year style interior. I LIKE the CAR!!!! But there are others in this class that are much better.

20. what are you talking about. this handles so much better than an svt focus. the seats are also wonderful. it slaloms better than a wrx sti and a mclaren f1.

21. this car is alright no supercar or anything but o well