Re: Hemi Motor the Shit.

Discussion in '1954 Desoto Adventurer II' started by GoatBoy389, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Hemi Motor the Shit.

Dodge, and the Hemi Reighn!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

2. In the order of how good cars are, it goes, Ford! Chevy! then dodge in the rear end! The Dodge we had, ended up falling apart.

3. quote from sum guy on this site:

A little can, a little coil
    A little gas, a little oil
    A piece of tin, a two inch board
    Put them together and you have a FORD!!!!!

and hes damn right

4. Indeed. American cars do suck. and this car is just plain UGLY. I bet it couldn't even beat a souped up civic.

5. That's the most retarded comment I've ever heard.

1) How can you say this car is ugly? This is a clean, sporty design that is the epitome of Italian elegance combined with American performance never found on American production cars.

2) I hate people who judge everything based on how it would compete against some souped-up riceburner and think NOS and triple-deck spoilers solve all their problems. We're talking about STOCK cars here. A 170 hp hemi can waste any stock Civic in a snap, and I don't think I have to back up my reasoning cuz it's quite obvious. If you souped up this car in the same way as you would a Civic, it would burn the Civic like a pile of hay.<!-- Signature -->

6. I agree, what an absurd statement. The style of a car is a matter of opinion, but saying "I bet a souped up Civic would beat it" and "all American cars suck" is silly. I don't know anything about Plymouth Hemi engines, but 170 bhp and 255 lb/ft was pretty good going for that era. Granted it was probably still quite a slow car with only 2 gear ratios and it probably weighed a lot as well. But what should a Civic have to do with anything!? I bet they didn't even make Civics in 1954! and I bet if they did they would have been no competition for this! What's the point in a retarded statement like that? a 1954 show car Vs a Modern high-tech hatchback? what's the point!?

7. actually.. judging speed by the number of gears is pretty silly.. a poor man's 6 stick lenco is in fact a 2 speed powerglide..tricked up of course ;)<!-- Signature -->

8. How do you mean? bear with me, I don't know about American or Australian cars that much, what's a Lenco!? and how could a 2 automatic gears be as quick as 6 direct manual ones?!? although with 255 lb/ft of torque at just 2000 rpm as a general rule those types of engine usually do work well with high gearing (and with only 2 of them they must have been quite high) and an autobox...

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TownshipRebellion</i>
    <b>Indeed. American cars do suck. and this car is just plain UGLY. I bet it couldn't even beat a souped up civic.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ummm... it was made in 54 you idiot... thats like saying this is goona be faster than a model T... but this would accually give a civic a run for its money, it might even be faster.
    just the simple fact that this has quite a bit of low end torque would get if off the like pretty quick

10. I say, the 426 Hemi, with atleast a 5-speed manual, with a Hurst short throw shifter and an 8-ball knob. The styling is awesome, and a big motor can only make the entire car better. You can love it while it's normal, but I'm all with the guy who said to put a Hemi in it. <!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TownshipRebellion</i>
    <b>Indeed. American cars do suck. and this car is just plain UGLY. I bet it couldn't even beat a souped up civic.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Why do you say that american cars suck ??

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MarkM91286</i>
    <b>I say, the 426 Hemi, with atleast a 5-speed manual, with a Hurst short throw shifter and an 8-ball knob. The styling is awesome, and a big motor can only make the entire car better. You can love it while it's normal, but I'm all with the guy who said to put a Hemi in it. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Bigger is not always better, it would be nice if we could describe engines by weight AND displacement.

But then again, what are you saying about the 426 hemi?<!-- Signature -->

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SwedeLBROCK</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TownshipRebellion</i>

Why do you say that american cars suck ??</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

He says it b/c us americans are ignorant about how great our cars are.. so he's gonna be ignorant about how bad they are.<!-- Signature -->