Re: HSV GTS Coupe could beat this..

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by spine, Aug 10, 2002.

1. how can you say a Skyline R34 handles like shit? its one of the most advanced cars or was in thw world, you could barely ge tthe back end out of an R34 with traction control on etc. trust me, ive drove one.
    what the hell made that bloke think a hsv gts or whatever they are could beat an 800bhp skyline. dang, my nan could run faster than a hsv. you cant say that this skyline with 800bhp produces shit figures? at the end of the day, the skyline isn't a $400,000 super car which only needs 400-500bhp to get to 200mph, its an everyday road car. ok so its more advanced than others but from a straight 6 lump, 850bhp, 0-60 in 3 secs and a top speed of over 200mph is preety good going.

2. I myself am a Skyline fan. On the American side, I'm going to have to go with a Chevelle. What I would love to see is your "big bad" HSV: vs :1972 Chevelle SS with one of Chevy's newest engines, the big, the bad, the F*&%$ng fast 572 cube. Try that on for size. It pumps 972hp into a 55 Bel Air. Just think about how much that would put into a CHEVELLE. I don't mean to brag, but I think your 1072.5 UTE might just BE BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER, or just off of the pavement. Feel free to dissaggree, but mind you, this is a 572 cube. we are talkin about.

3. I myself am a Skyline fan. On the American side, I'm going to have to go with a Chevelle. What I would love to see is your "big bad" HSV: vs :1972 Chevelle SS with one of Chevy's newest engines, the big, the bad, the F*&%$ng fast 572 cube. I don't mean to brag but the Chevelle would blow that P.O.S out of the water. It pumps 972hp into a 55 Bel Air. You wanna talk about tourque? That Bel Air I mentioned, just happens to pump out, oh , about 700lbs of tourque. Talk your smack all you want to.

4. I myself am a Skyline fan. On the American side, I'm going to have to go with a Chevelle. What I would love to see is your "big bad" HSV: vs :1972 Chevelle SS with one of Chevy's newest engines, the big, the bad, the F*&%$ng fast 572 cube. I don't mean to brag but the Chevelle would blow that P.O.S out of the water. It pumps 972hp into a 55 Bel Air. You wanna talk about tourque? That Bel Air I mentioned, just happens to pump out, oh , about 700lbs of tourque. Talk your smack all you want to.

5. Y O U ' R E C R A Z Y !!! C R A Z Y !!!
    HAhahahahaahHAHahahAHaHahha....!!!!

6. The day something that shitty beats a skyline, I'll be dead.

7. Soooooooo much nooooooooobs

8. the HSV is esentially a taxi, and lets be honest here, it shows!

they have awful interiors, awful bodykits, and shocking reliability.

and why can't the turbo Chev and holden V8's match the jap GTR's (i.e Veilside R32, Tomei R34, Avance R32, HKS R33) in wheel horse power, even though:
    a) the skyline has half the capacity, and two less cylinders
    b)these engines have had more than 40 years for the aftermarket to perfect, compared to 15 for the GTR
    c) the aussie cars are measured on shootout mode dyno dynamics, while the jap cars are measured on bosch dynos, which read a lot more acurately

9. #34 1 Evolution VIII, Sep 6, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    have you ever seen a GTP race? ( www.procar.com.au ) a stock mitsubishi evo 7 is faster than a GTS both straightline and on a track and this skyline would embarrass a v8supercar as for a GTS well it would be utterly demoralised by any skyline.

10. the skyline has an extra 330 kilowatts and 400 nm of tourque more than the GTS and is only 40 kilos heavier. many stock cars are faster than the GTS (both on a track and dragstrip) including -
    - Mitsubishi lancer evo 5,6,7,8
    - Subaru WRX STI MY99,00,01,02,03
    - Nissan skyline GTR R34,R33,R32

a modified skyling with that much extra power would kill it!!!

11. This car is pretty piss poor for the ammount of horsepower it generates. An HSV GTS coupe would destroy this car around a track. Even the HSV SV300 would cane this. All the japs know how to do is crank up the horse power but they forget about what really matters, The torque. R34 Skyline's handle like shit. I would love to see one of these cars try and compete at bathurst, especially against an HRT commodore.

shit yeh man your 2 right sklines suck and all you little boy racers dont realise it all u do all day is say omg man my skyline is soo cool o yeh man i beat this mclaren f1 it was so slow even though i didnt even realise it wiped the shit out of my 1.8L peice of shit.
    and u dont realise that when both of the cars are stock that the best skyline production car cant even beat the bottom range HSV's and this peice of shit fully dun up r34 couldnt beat the super monaro which is 0-100 is 3 seconds and no fully done up skyline can beat that so eat dick boy racer go back to your matchbox cars

SKYLINES SUCK!!!!

12. whatever dickhead...
    this car generates 850 hp, and accelerates 0-60 mph in 3 flat. that is faster than a McLaren F1, and this car still weighs 1550kg.

this car would lap the GTS within a lap. if it is destroyed by the STI and EVO and GTP, what chance does it stand against this? None at all.

HSV's keep cranking up the power, but they still handle like taxis. they roll oversteer after every corner, and there is no feedback from the rear. not putting too fine a point on it, they handle like a double bed.

the fastest unibody GTR does 7.671 secs @ 181mph, name one unibody holden that does that.

a stock GTR does 0-100 in 4.7 secs, and 12.7 second quarters, which is half a second quicker than a GTS, which is the top of the line HSV. go home, you lose

13. hey dumbass can u read i wasnt talkin about the GTS even though it would kick your shitty matchbox cars. I was talking about the super monaro u know the 1 that won the 24 hour race against porscheGT3R, Mitsubishi Evo 5 and 7, Ferrari N-GT and Subaru's top of the line Sti's and gess what the best nissan was a gay 200sx and that came 17th it couldnt even beat a normal commodore vx which came 11th gee you nissan fans must feel pretty stupid and yeh the fastest lap was done but a holden and the second fastest was a porsche nissan havent got shit on holdens and it will stay that way stop trying.
    SKYLINES SUCK!!!!

14. you must be a f*uckin idiot if you think the nations cup car is a monaro...lets see..
    engine: chev 7 litre racing V8
    Suspension: custom Harrop double wishbones
    gearbox: sequential holinger 6 speed
    brakes: harrop

IT ISN'T A MONARO DICKHEAD!!! the only thing it has in common with the road car is the basic shell

the 200SX had a lot of problems as they had just installed silicon intercooler hoses which failed and caused them to have to spend a lot of time in the pits.
    there were no GTR's in the race, but if there was they would have easily cleaned up the production group around a fast circuit like bathurst. also remember the best STi came about 7th, second in class behind an M3

and besides, how come skylines suck if
    a) there wasn't one in the race
    and b) you are judging all nissans by the performance of a $40000 cheapie.

i know your type, you drive a rusty VL, wear a footy shirt, wife beater and stubbies, and drink VB. how uncultured.

15. You're are the stupidest motherfcker i've ever heard. When you show me an HSV with more than 950Nm of torque, you win.

16. He's right, the First time Skaife won Bathurst it was in a R32 GT-R.

17. I've read that issue, and for f*cks sake and Evo 6 could beat the GTS.

18. Yeh but in almost all racing excluding rally, RWD cars are chosen because it is much easier to tune out oversteer with the use of LSD etc. than to get rid of understeer in FWD and AWD cars. Also you can just go lighter on the accelerater to fight oversteer.

19. mate that little super monaro is good car don't get me wrong but it is nothing compared to something like this blitz or the calsonic JGTC car you #$%#d in the head moron. ts ppl like you that give some good cars like HSV and monaro a bad name, pin head. There good cars but not as good as the skyline okay, now #$%#off and don't come back u poor ass, i bet you drive sumthin a VC commodore SE. it probabl;y cost ur life savings too ya #$%#n hobo. geta life.

20. #45 HsvGto, Oct 2, 2003
  21. #46 HsvGto, Oct 2, 2003
  22. the movie couldn't be viewed it was moved or something...anyway was that a tube frame or a unibody car?

23. yeh its a unibody, not legal for road use, also its got a chev 454 big block init

24. unibody means stock chassied...i find it hard to believe a torana chassis could come close to supporting that sort of power...i think u mean tube framed, where the body is non stressed, and all the rigidity comes from the tube frame

25. i think you mean tube frame