Re: I never noticed this car before ...its got some serious get

Discussion in '1999 Lamborghini Diablo GT' started by goodcars, Aug 10, 2002.

1. maclaren has only got .86 gs though and that means it is basically only good in a straight line. as fr the best goodamn car on earth, the gt gets goddamn 1 full g dammit. maclaren doesn't compare.

2. you people cannot compare every car to the mclaren F1. Most of you people think if a car cant do over 200 mph, or hit 0-60 in under 5 seconds then its a bad car. speed is not all a car is, there is braking, handling, and the skidpad. If all you know about cars is how fast they go then yhou shouldnt even be looking at cars.<!-- Signature -->

3. 0-100MPH in 8 seconds isn't impressive when you compare it to the McLaren F1, which can do it in around 5 seconds.<!-- Signature -->

4. The McLaren can beat that... so it aint all that impressive at all.<!-- Signature -->

5. That's as fast as Superman The Escape at Six FLags Magic Mountain in Valencia, California. The 0-100 thing. Actually, I think STE is .8 seconds faster. Anywho, that's one FAST car.<!-- Signature -->

6. No No No and No. The Mclaren can get from 0-100 in 6.6 seconds, ask car and Driver. That's still fast, but not that much faster. I don't know where you got this 5 second stuff.

BTW, the Diablo GT is not faster than the murcielago. According to the specs on this website it is, but that doesn't mean anything. The Murcielago is 4WD, but so is the Diablo 6.0, and the 6.0 went from 0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds (MotorTrend tested). The Murcielago, in all probability, is faster than the GT.

7. also, the McLaren is over 3 times the price and not legal in America. you could be a diablo GT, a Murcielago, and a bentley azure symbolic edition for the same price.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuperSonic</i>
    <b>The regular diablo is quick but in the scheme of things pretty slow this however is very very fast. Quick as an XJ220 to 100 shitttt
    THe Front doesn't look to nice though. And it looks and drives just slighty like a .....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Diablo 6.0 is very fast, if that is what you are reffering to. Even in the "scheme of things."

9. The 6.0 or the Murc are AWD, so they should have a faster 0-60 time, but NO, because stupid AWD is heavy. GT is faster and I believe so. And 0-60 is just one small thing, handling, my friend is what counts, and RWD is naturally what a supercar should be and is the best. Forget the stupid AWD that just transform a Lambo into a hopelessly understeering machine.

10. Have you ever tested the Lamborghini VT system? Are you telling me this through 1st hand experience? Doubt it. Every one who has tested the Diablo 6.0, which employs the Viscious Traction system, has said that it understeers surprisingly little for a 4WD car. 2WD does have sharper handling, but it will also mess you up big time in the rain. I don't know which one I like better, but neither of them are entirely superior.

BTW, the Viscious Traction system is very lightweight, so the weight does not affect performance as much. The entire system weighs only 47 kg (either that or 47 lbs; can't remember which)

11. BTW, I hope you know that the Viscious Traction system is not like other 4WD systems. Only when the rear tires lose grip is up to 17 % of the power transfered to the front wheels; otherwise, it handels just like a RWD car.

12. you people cannot compare every car to the mclaren F1. Most of you people think if a car cant do over 200 mph, or hit 0-60 in under 5 seconds then its a bad car. speed is not all a car is, there is braking, handling, and the skidpad. If all you know about cars is how fast they go then yhou shouldnt even be looking at cars.<!-- Signature -->