Re: If Mustangs are sooo bad then read this!

Discussion in '2001 Ford Steeda Mustang GT' started by Rice Rocket 55, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Mustangs have to be one of the best american cars to work on.... if i could have any car in the world..i would have trouble picking because there are so many good companies that make mustangs better than they are.... Steeda, Roush, Saleen, Shelby, Kenny Brown.. these are guys that know how to make an allready awesome car to an amazing car that just blows the other competition away!!!! i love mustangs... they kick chevys ass!!!!

The Stampede is always louder than the Heartbeat!!!

2. fords dont kick chevy ass even if they are super charged they still cant ford is good though i would rather have a domestik instead of a import

3. If Mustangs are sooo bad then read this!

If Mustangs are sooo bad then why in the world would Steve Saleen, Kenny Brown, Jack Roush, and Carrol Shelby devote their lives and hard work to working on the Ford Mustang, and no its not because the Mustang needs improvement its just that they enjoy working with a great car company who makes a great amount of power out of 4.6L engines, and by the way im tired of telling you wanna be car enthusiasts that superchargers come in different sizes. You say they dont have any HP for it being supercharged. Superchargers can vary from 40HP to well over 100HP. The Steeda Mustang was originally a GT with 260HP and now it is 437HP, I say that is quite a good establishment of power. Wouldnt you say?
    <!-- Signature -->

4. #4 hennesseyms, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    I personally love a super high preformance sports car like Venoms www.hennesseyms.com but this is definately one of the best mustangs and deserves respect, especially from Crappy Honda lovers! nice 0-60!<!-- Signature -->

5. The Mustangs are a legend...

These people love to work on it...

If I could be with they I'll do the same...<!-- Signature -->

6. #6 cHiCkRaCeR99, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    I personally love a super high preformance sports car like Venoms www.hennesseyms.com but this is definately one of the best mustangs and deserves respect, especially from Crappy Honda lovers! nice 0-60!

Ok that's messed up...I am a Honda owner...but I must say that I absolutely LOVE mustangs...I am hoping actually to get rid of my honda and get a mustang...I'm not sure if I want to get a Saleen, Cobra, or hold out and try to get a Steeda. But don't bash all Honda "owners" because some, like me, are Mustang "lovers." <!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JESTERFIELD</i>
    <b>If Mustangs are sooo bad then why in the world would Steve Saleen, Kenny Brown, Jack Roush, and Carrol Shelby devote their lives and hard work to working on the Ford Mustang, and no its not because the Mustang needs improvement its just that they enjoy working with a great car company who makes a great amount of power out of 4.6L engines, and by the way im tired of telling you wanna be car enthusiasts that superchargers come in different sizes. You say they dont have any HP for it being supercharged. Superchargers can vary from 40HP to well over 100HP. The Steeda Mustang was originally a GT with 260HP and now it is 437HP, I say that is quite a good establishment of power. Wouldnt you say?
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Damn,finally ive found a man who understands something in cars,cuz the best car in the world is Ford Mustang and no jap crap will ever beat it!!!

8. I have a passion for Mustangs. I love my Mustang more than I love my girl. The's cars have performance. Now if Steeda, Saleen, Brown, Roush, Shelby and SVT got together and worked on a Mustang, it would blow away the competition. All the shitty rice-burners got nothing. Rice-cannons do not do anything for a car except make it sound like a go-kart. When you rev up a Mustang, you can feel the ground shaking. That's power baby!<!-- Signature -->

9. You just had to come in here and flame u freakin ignorant lil 12 year old, Chevy should only be proud for the vette, all the rest of their cars suck including ur precious Camaro, Ford will start to be the best selling american company once the Gt-40 comes out so before you trash talk, think about whats gonna happend before sayin chevy will beat and ect

10. mustangs have became weak and slow the only way they are fast is if you take them to saleen, steeda or kenny brown the rest of the time they suck

11. Yeah, Mustangs sure are slow.....(cough) IDIOT! But I think I'd rather have any Mustang over an S2000. At least you can get power without revving the hell out of the engine, plus, with the Mustang you get a little thing called torque that Honda engineers can't seem to figure out how to make.

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JESTERFIELD</i>
    <b>If Mustangs are sooo bad then why in the world would Steve Saleen, Kenny Brown, Jack Roush, and Carrol Shelby devote their lives and hard work to working on the Ford Mustang, and no its not because the Mustang needs improvement its just that they enjoy working with a great car company who makes a great amount of power out of 4.6L engines, and by the way im tired of telling you wanna be car enthusiasts that superchargers come in different sizes. You say they dont have any HP for it being supercharged. Superchargers can vary from 40HP to well over 100HP. The Steeda Mustang was originally a GT with 260HP and now it is 437HP, I say that is quite a good establishment of power. Wouldnt you say?
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

CAUSE FORD PAYED THEM TO?????????

13. i love first generation mustangs especially with big block engines but i have to recognize that this car is very nice too. it loks like a cobra r

14. I'm not sorry to say that Mustangs suck shit. 260 hp is good from their gay 4.6 V8 in thier performance car? Are you #$%#ing crazy? Cadillac's run of the mill 4.6 V8 has 300 hp on regular gas. They devought their lives to tuning the Mustang because they are model Americans and realize the Mustang is an American Icon, while also realizing that if it goes out on the road all gay like it is from Ford, then America will be the laughing stock of the automobile industry. So they try to do their best to fix the mistakes.

15. Well Ford Writes there Checks, But Ford Did not ask them to come and do the things they do to there cars. These people pick the cars they want to work on. If I remeber right along time ago Shelby went to work for Dodge cause at the time dodge was going down hill and they need some help to bring new spunk to there rides.

So actually these people work on the type of cars they would like to work on and not how much they get payed. I image they make enought money as is.!!!!!!

FORD LIVES ON FOREVER

16. No they came to Ford, not the other way around.

17. I want to see a car that costs $21,000 outperform a new stock gt mustang that costs $21,000. Can you think of any? You are an idiot, you really are.....How much does the cadillac cost? how much does the mustang cost? There is no car in the same price range that can touch a mustang. So you want to go pound for pound, round for round? Ok 2003 SVT cobra..$35,000 STOCK...can you say STOCK? I want to see a car in the same price range outperform that Mustang, can you find one? I dont think so. Mustang MACH1 300HP STOCK running 12.9 on slicks.

18. probably the baddest Mustang since the '67 Shelby's and the Mach 1..

19. This Mustang is tight, but why does Ford persist on using superchargers for power. I mean look what chevy is doing with the Corvette, getting a great amount of power without slipping in a supercharger. I understand that Ford and Chevy use different formulas to gain sales but wouldn't it seem more reliable to not add a supercharger and go with a higher displacement.

20. Their cars would cost quite a bit more.

21. Not exactly i mean the Corvette Z06 is cheaper than the Cobra R.

22. Your right, it would be better just to tweak the engine and get more HP, and American muscle car lovers like their cars NA. I would assume that it would of cost more money to tweak the engine to gain 425HP which is what the new mustang is sporting. Its just cheaper to add a supercharger and gain the extra power. Ford already has a 5.0 Liter engine for the new SVT Cobras, which are rated at 435HP NA. This is their new crate engine, which they are selling like hotcake because of the engines versitilty. Alot of tuners and small car manufacturers already have their orders in to use this engine on their cars.

23. ok this really, Really, REALLY, bugs the heck out of me when i see stuff like this. does it ever occure to people like you that a supercharger is not evil and that A LOT of cars use them.

lets take a look at the Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG it's got 493hp and guess what! it uses a SUPERCHARGER! yes believe it or not but a $150,000 car has a supercharger.

most people (over the age of 18) don't see a super/turbocharger as a bad thing. in fact it doesn't bother them at all

24. The Mustang is a domestic car you dumbass.

If Mustang's suck so much, why have the survived 38 years of sales and are still going strong. It's main competitors have all been discontinued or changed into 4-door luxury cars. The Barracuda, AMX, Javelin, Cougar, Charger, and Road Runner have all been discontinued, along with the Chevelle, which changed into a Muscle car after all those previously stated were created. The Impala has become a 4-door luxury car and the same will happen to the Camaro when it comes back. In essence, with the exception of the Monte Carlo (whose sales are laughable compared to the Mustang's) and obscure import cars like the Integra (not meaning anything bad to import cars) the Mustang has become an unchallenged vehicle. In 2003, Ford will find itself in the same enviable position with the Mustang it enjoyed form '64-'66.

For those against Ford, they have the two of the top selling cars in the world- the Mustang and the Thunderbird (of all of the people who order one, only 2 out of every 5 orderers will recieve one in 2002 and the same will happen in 2003). Plus, with America's best-selling pickups and SUV's, and great economy cars like the near-perfectly rated Focus (it whooped the hell out of the Cavalier and Neon) Ford will probably be at the top of their game within 5 years.

Combine that with the ownership of the legendary Aston Martin and Jaguar and the Japanese great Mazda, well, do I have to go on?

25. yes a supercharger or turbo make horsepower with boost pressure so it depends on the ammount of boost you run as to how much extra hp it will make that is concidering that it is in the engines limit