Re: If you know your stuff about the rx7, please help me out.

Discussion in '2000 Mazda RX-7 Type RZ' started by aznprider, Aug 9, 2002.

1. but remember, rotary engines eat fuel like hell. Be prepared to go the petrol stop often<!-- Signature -->

2. If you know your stuff about the rx7, please help me out.

I've been wanting to get a rx7 ever since i got my license mostly cause of it's nice handling, it's good acceleration, and good price ^^. I'm 19 years old, with 28 grand (canadian) to get a car with, any advice as to what i should look for when checking out the car? And please do tell that i'm making the right choice with getting this car, I will be happy right? And also if some one can confirm that the 1994 and 95 dont break down as much as the 93, that would also be great. thanks.

3. Hell ya, the rotary is a good choice. I was very impressed the first time i drove the tiny 1.3 litre rotary. There's no better feeling than taking down a huge V8 in your rx-7. Also, price wise they're hard to beat. Lots of aftermarket support. Just an overall great car

4. yup, rotary engines are great, but damn hard on the money, they are just too rare so remplacement parts are exprensives. if you have the choice, take an '93, they have the best overall<!-- Signature -->

5. #5 rx7heaven, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    rx7's are the best choice for me.. replacement parts are not as hard to find as some dum idiots here say. jus pick up a simple super street or turbo mag and check in da back and there are many places to find performance mods and replacement parts. you have to look in the right place.. im only 15 and where i live theres a whole bunch of hillbillies wit their V8 trucks and stangs. and i think they all suck. as soon as i get my liscence im goin for a '93 R1. preferibly yellow...its the rarest. but insurance is the only problem. you can check out www.mazdarx7.com it has some pretty kool info on them.

6. you'd be the smartest to go with the 93' because you wont pay as much. I'm 13 but i'm earning from a rx-7 for when I'm 16. I got 10 grand right now so ill have it by then. a 93' rx-7 go for about 20-25 grand, then there be a couple up at 30 because the owners dont want to let go because they to damn good. (canadian prices)

Good LucK

this 93' was just in Saskatoon, Sakatchewan a month ago.

7. wussup~~ rx7 is a great car~~ it's one of my favorite. and like dat other kid said it's not dat hard to find da parts. rx7 is a fast car and it's got great handling too like u said~

8. Go rotary BABY RX-7 ARE FUKEN GOD sO ARE 8'S
    WITH NO RED LINE YOU CAN HIGH RPM THE HELL OUT OF IT tHE ONLY CAR THAT CAN TAKE 4 100HP SHOTS OF NOS WITH OUT BLOWING UP
    THE THING IS THAT IT EAT GAS LIKE A 4.6 LITTER V8. AND YOU HAVE TO CHANGE HE ROTOR EVER 10,000 MILES iF YOU WANA KNOW HOW ROTARY WORKS JUS GO TO HOWSTUFFWORKS.COM

maN I WISH I HAD ONE
    <!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Cobra R Stinger</i>
    <b>Go rotary BABY RX-7 ARE FUKEN GOD sO ARE 8'S
    WITH NO RED LINE YOU CAN HIGH RPM THE HELL OUT OF IT tHE ONLY CAR THAT CAN TAKE 4 100HP SHOTS OF NOS WITH OUT BLOWING UP
    THE THING IS THAT IT EAT GAS LIKE A 4.6 LITTER V8. AND YOU HAVE TO CHANGE HE ROTOR EVER 10,000 MILES iF YOU WANA KNOW HOW ROTARY WORKS JUS GO TO HOWSTUFFWORKS.COM

maN I WISH I HAD ONE
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Bwahhahahahaha
    Bwahahah *cough splutter*
    My oh my. You are far funnier than Chriss Tucker with ants down his pants....

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from aznprider</i>
    <b>but remember, rotary engines eat fuel like hell. Be prepared to go the petrol stop often</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Give any car a hard time and it stop's regarly at the petrol station!

11. Your best possible Rx-7 is the '95 R2. They are hard as shit to come by. You have enough money for fd3s, but if you bought an fc3s turbo, you could make a much faster car. Get a racing beat exsaust, Garett T78 turbo, blitz blow off, Mega-Flow Intake, 1200cc secondary injectors, and titanium rotors, and you are all set. You could get 12000 rpm ans 500hp with that, and it would be under 20000 american, including the car.

12. What the **** are you talking about COBRA R STIGER<!-- Signature -->

13. <!-- Signature -->

14. Wow Cobra R Stinger really knows his stuff... every 10,000 miles you say??? geez my RX7 needs to have its rotor changed pretty soon then I guess.... I have logged about 20,000 miles behind the wheel so far I wonder why nobody told me to change it? hehehehehe<!-- Signature -->

15. #15 krazyjl, Aug 9, 2002
    heres the best advice you'll ever get from this forum

don't ask anyone here, 99% of the people don't know shit, and those who do don't spend much time here.

go to www.rx7forum.com

those poeple ctually OWN the car. you'll learn a lot about the rx-7. many of the frequenters to that forum are actual mechanics who build their own turbos, fabricate their own parts as needed, etc., so you will actually get some real advice. and nobody is as dumb witted, immature and closed minded as the people are on supercars.net

i'm hoping to save up for one too, but it's going to be awhile

16. NOBAODY READ WHEN YOU TYPE TO MUCH !<!-- Signature -->

17. you should buy carbon apex seals for your rotary and if your gonna drive the thing hard save lots of gas money. Also consider getting an older rx7, say 1980 or even an rx3 or rx4. and if you really wanna go crazy get a monster-bridgeport done to your rotary, it increases performance, fuel use and when you get a good sports exhaust the thing sounds awesome under idle and disrupts the whole neighbourhood when you open the throttle. Note this works best with NA rotary engines. My friend has a bridgeported 13b and when we 'modified' the exhaust he got a fine because his car was putting out 110db! you can still port turbo engines but they tend to be quieter but still have high performance. if you increase power for your rotary also upgrade the cooling system coz they give out shitloads of heat. Checkout the mazda forum for detailed rotary advice and long live the 12a, 13b and 20b.

18. <!-- Signature -->

19. have you guys heard of the rx7 with 3 turbos that made 355kmph on a salt flat that is power, i live in australia and my mate his dad ownes one(no bullsh*t) and personally id rather a hsv gts300 cause i rekon they would beat the rx7 but these cars have an appeal to certain people. it is a rockin car<!-- Signature -->

20. If the secondaries do what the name suggests, then you can get small primary injectors and run monster secondaries. That way you dont have bad gas mileage under normal driving, but if you want to you can open the throttle and leave the competition.

21. I Watch The Crockadail Hunter!<!-- Signature -->

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mazda13b</i>
    <b>Your best possible Rx-7 is the '95 R2. They are hard as shit to come by. You have enough money for fd3s, but if you bought an fc3s turbo, you could make a much faster car. Get a racing beat exsaust, Garett T78 turbo, blitz blow off, Mega-Flow Intake, 1200cc secondary injectors, and titanium rotors, and you are all set. You could get 12000 rpm ans 500hp with that, and it would be under 20000 american, including the car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

12,000 rpms??? better have ceramic apex seals (2g's right there)

and you'd never get to 12,000 RPMs without
    1) a huge bridge port (meaning engine replacement every 40,000 miles)
    2) peripheral port (idle at 2,000+ rpm, 0 torque until 6000 rpm (not exactly streetable), can't run cats (forget passing emissions, you will have a NOx factory on 4 wheels), LOUD AS **** (and you thought jet planes taking off were loud), and a very expensive custom setup.

"and you are all set"????

what about that little thing called tuning? computers? fuel control? ignition? I love how idiot wannabe-ricers love to list their favorite brand name parts and pretend they know their shit.

I'm not claiming I know everything about rotaries and RX-7's, but a helluva lot more than you.

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ROTAKILL</i>
    <b>you should buy carbon apex seals for your rotary and if your gonna drive the thing hard save lots of gas money. Also consider getting an older rx7, say 1980 or even an rx3 or rx4. and if you really wanna go crazy get a monster-bridgeport done to your rotary, it increases performance, fuel use and when you get a good sports exhaust the thing sounds awesome under idle and disrupts the whole neighbourhood when you open the throttle. Note this works best with NA rotary engines. My friend has a bridgeported 13b and when we 'modified' the exhaust he got a fine because his car was putting out 110db! you can still port turbo engines but they tend to be quieter but still have high performance. if you increase power for your rotary also upgrade the cooling system coz they give out shitloads of heat. Checkout the mazda forum for detailed rotary advice and long live the 12a, 13b and 20b.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

carbon seals don't like boost, but are good for high RPM. a good set of steel seals are fine for a street turbo car. ceramic has the best of both worlds but are very expensive - but worth it considering they will take much more detonation than steel, good insurance against a rebuild when you get that boost spike.

24. Man You Guys Type Alot<!-- Signature -->

25. #25 krazyjl, Aug 9, 2002