Re: im ready for a jaguar suv!!

Discussion in '2001 Jaguar XKR-R Concept' started by jefm, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Ack....I should drag you to the curb and shoot you for saying such things
    I can see it coming though...under fords ownership...
    I can't see why people buy such big cars with no offroad ability at all...they'd be better off with a subaru or a jeep
    the gendalwagen can go off road and it's proved that for years...the new porsche will be like the ford excursion...to big and expensive to go offroad...You can take 911's off road all ready (with a lift kit)why bother with an SUV....
    Because of americans...specifically women...they want big vehicles that feel safe because of their mass...they want a good view of the road...the down side is they eat gas...take up lots of space...can't handle...can't park...people behind them can't get a good view of the road (time to buy an even bigger SUV)...and are really tippy...
    What they aren't used for is going off road...carrying lot's of cargo...and hauling lots of people...
    Van's are used for people (and cargo)...trucks are for cargo (again...they shouldn't be luxurious either)...and real suv's are made for the offroad...

the average SUV is driven by middle age women...ALONE...no passengers at all...all that gas and metal for 1 person...what a waste...

BUY A F-CKING SUBARU 2 Litre...
    or even better let's go japanese and everybody drive 600cc Daihatsu's...
    Sorry for ranting...I hate all the excess that modern SUV's are...they're only being made because it's the trendy thing to do...not because it's actually a good idea...
    If one more person mentions SUV I'm going kick their ass so hard they'll be tasting shoe polish for a week

2. Jag is planning an SUV. Its called the XK4 concept

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jefm</i>
    <b>Ack....I should drag you to the curb and shoot you for saying such things
    I can't see why people buy such big cars with no offroad ability at all...they'd be better off with a subaru or a jeep
    the gendalwagen can go off road and it's proved that for years...the new porsche will be like the ford excursion...to big and expensive to go offroad...You can take 911's off road all ready (with a lift kit)why bother with an SUV....
    Because of americans...specifically women...they want big vehicles that feel safe because of their mass...they want a good view of the road...the down side is they eat gas...take up lots of space...can't handle...can't park...people behind them can't get a good view of the road (time to buy an even bigger SUV)...and are really tippy...
    What they aren't used for is going off road...carrying lot's of cargo...and hauling lots of people...
    Van's are used for people (and cargo)...trucks are for cargo (again...they shouldn't be luxurious either)...and real suv's are made for the offroad...

the average SUV is driven by middle age women...ALONE...no passengers at all...all that gas and metal for 1 person...what a waste...

Sorry for ranting...I hate all the excess that modern SUV's are...they're only being made because it's the trendy thing to do...not because it's actually a good idea...
    If one more person mentions SUV I'm going kick their ass so hard they'll be tasting shoe polish for a week</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

testify brothah!!!!!!!
    i agree with u 100% <!-- Signature -->

4. im ready for a jaguar suv!!

i think its time jag came up with a sick suv bmw and mercades are ahead of the game right now

5. no thats not too smart i think
    mercedes itz ok too have a suv cuz well undeknownst to most the g class or galenawagon has been around for about 15 years now just never in the states .
    and well porsche i can see it being a great suv , by great i mean a fast racer with a bit of offroad ability. thats all
    well jag? i'm sorry but i love every cat that ever came form coventry but never one that has an over all hight higher than me, i don't think itz a good idea<!-- Signature -->

6. er, BAW AYE son. Do you know what a jaguar is about??? A Jag needs to have great handling, and a silky smooth ride. Not some bloody great big trucks with leaf springs at the back. Jaguar have finally returned to the nature of their past glories, and long may it stay that way without resorting to the evils of SUV's.

7. these european exotic car companies need to stick to what tehy do best, making fast cars and luxury cars. I think makin SUVs is stupid. They have had little practice makin large SUVs so they should stick to what they do best. The Beamer and Mercedes SUV look like such crap and even though they might be good quality they shouldn't be on the road.

8. Oh, I hope they never do. I think some marquees should just stick with what they do best. It's bad enough Porsche is coming out with one. All the spy photos I've seen make it look ugly as hell. A great performer, but ugly. We've got enough gas guzzling Sport Utility Vehicles on the road now, we don't need another.<!-- Signature -->

9. I hope Jaguar never makes an Urban Assault Vehicle. That would be my death. I hate SUV's. The XJ6, XJ8, Vanden Plas, X-Type all have sufficient head room, and who the hell goes off-road anyway? The only time I go off-road is when the stupid broad in her Excursion slams on he brakes for no reason and I don't have enough time to stop so I slide to the right and bank up the curb.

10. yeah......hope Jag never makes an off-roader
    Love the XK series though........20inch wheels as standard.......NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Impreza-guy.....take it u have an Impreza.....what model?......by the way I have one......pure class!!!!
    And just to correct your signature......EVO magazine say the Viper is the most outrageous car £70000 can buy....not the best cause it gives the Tuscan a better rating!.....got a pic of your car?<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from impreza-guy</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jefm</i>
    <b>Ack....I should drag you to the curb and shoot you for saying such things

If one more person mentions SUV I'm going kick their ass so hard they'll be tasting shoe polish for a week</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

testify brothah!!!!!!!
    i agree with u 100% </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You guy's could not have said it any better! Mama, go buy a van, not an Excursion. Papa, go buy a Bugatti, not a truck!

12. I gotsta agree w/ jefm on that again. It all comes down to conspicuous consumption. Everyone has to keep up with the Jones's. I am so thankful that none of my family drives an SUV.<!-- Signature -->

13. Where did you find that out? Is it going to be a small one (like the BMW X5 and Mercedes) or large one like the Escalade?<!-- Signature -->

14. SUV's suck. And a jaguar one would suck even more. All they are are minivans for people who think they're too tough for a mini van. And a jaguar one would suck because jagaurs are "civilized" auto mobiles. It would ruin the jaguar image.<!-- Signature -->

15. About 2 years ago I saw a drawing for a jag suv concept. It had the xjs front or the 2 circle headlights on each side, and it was about the size of an x5. It didnt look that bad, I would buy one if it came out. I dont think there is anything wrong with these suvs, they bring veriety, not everyone likes the look of a mini van, I dont and not everyone likes big huge suvs like the excursion and suburban. These small suvs are nicer than any suv we have in the states besides the navigator and escalade but they are pretty big suvs.

16. you saw a modified Arden jaguar.
    arden likes to experiment with Jaguar body styles.
    there is couple reasons why we wont see a Jaguar SUV.
    1. is it wont look like a Jaguar.
    2. Jaguar never had a history of having them...why start now?
    3. Ford wont want it, cause it'll hurt the Aviator and the Mountainer.
    4. Ford already sells a British - luxury SUV, and probably the best there ever is, and one of the first to do so - Land Rover.
    to be honest, Land Rover is the true SUV, everything else is just copies and imitations, espcially the X5.

17. BMW and Mercedes are somewhat behind the game, being drawn into the ever more popular trend of SUVs. Despite their heritage as makers of fine automobiles, they see it fit to produce SUVs that will satisfy their customers, though much less their designers. Anyway.. there's my input to this thread.

18. designers said no.
    the closest jaguar will get to a SUV will be through Land Rover...
    by 2005, the land rover will feature Jaguar engines