Re: Imports rule!!! GTO is another gas gozzling waste...

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by Heyman, Aug 10, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuprJames</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gimme Fuel</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuprJames</i>
    <b>Whoever said Ford handles it's icons better dosen't remember the 80's when they were dropping 4 cylinder engines in horrible looking Mustangs or when Thunderbirds were V6 family looking cars with less than 200 hp.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I see your point too. They didn't do too good of a job redesigning the T-Bird, either. They were trying to make the new one hark back to 1955 but now it just looks like a Chrysler (note front grille and headlights) and is in serious need of fins. I'd rather have the '55 T-Bird than the new one.

But before you say the styling or engine layout of some particular American car sucked in the '80s, remember this: The '80s were a dark time in automotive history. I'd mention some examples, but there are too many.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What a bunch of idiots. The 80s was great for mustangs. They looked great, and more than half of them walked off the showroom with v8s. The 5.0 was one of the most popular and best hotrodding engines of all time. The thunderbird is a great car. It only won car of the year from motortrend, looks like the classic with retro themes and is equipped with a v8. Chrysler? You kids have no sense. No sense.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Just the fact that Ford offered the Mustang with a 4 cylinder demonstrates it's lack of lust for icons. All I was saying. Had nothing to do with the 5.0's of the 80's. The Thunderbird, through the 80's and into the 90's, was noexistant as a sports car. I don't even think you could get a V8 for it!! It was UGLY!! I know 80's weren't the best time for cars. GM was considering dropping the 350 and going strictly with the 305!! COULD YOU IMAGINE!! In fact, the tuned port injection system on the Vettes, Camaros, and Trans Ams were actually built for 305's which is why the 350 engines lacked in hp but acceled in torque. Just saying that Ford handles it's icons the same way GM does.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

During the 80s Ford was thinking about the future, with oil shortages and questionable fuel supply in the future. They wanted to stay commited to high-preformance mustangs, in whatever form they could be in. That's why the unsuccesful (because we still have plentiful oil) SVO mustangs, the turbo charged 4 cylinder mustangs. Ever notice during those years that there was no V6? Ford put all its time into the 4 cyl, as the only alternative to the V8. Now you say that's disgraceful? I say its respectful for the mustang and its future. And all muscle cars have had some sort of 4 or 6 cylinder engine as well. Who the hell cares about that though, the V8 is the only one that has the performance, and when more than 50% of owners have the performance package, either the LX 5.0, GT, or Cobra, that says something. Ford is still satisfying loyal fans with the best mustangs ever, classic nameplates like the bullitt and mach 1 while the GT and Cobra are going stronger than ever. The return of the GT40 and the oft-praised (we don't need your damn opinion) t-bird complete a great retro line, done RIGHT.

Now GM, all they do is take away. What happened to the once-proud V8 RWD Monte Carlo's, Impala's, and Nova's GM? That's right. P*ssy FWD 4's or 6's. Where's the camaro and firebird, gone.

P.S. A lot of people think the fox mustangs were great looking, you apparantly can't see without your GM blinders however.<!-- Signature -->

2. Imports rule!!! GTO is another gas gozzling waste...

hahahahahaha....LOL.....J/K
    this cars kicks!!!
    for the jap tuners out there, sure i still love imports, but come on how many people out there drive a hooked up Evo 4, a 10 sec Supra, and a skyline that cost 200% to import. i drive my dads 1988 C4 vette alot and all i gots to say is there are a lot of white suburban kids thinking there bad ass asians drivin' a good looking car that can't run 1/4 mile under 16 secs....hahahahahah...batty boiz.... and for the people who are gonna be like "its a gas gozzler!" well if u have enuff cash to buy a 60k car, im pretty sure u have the cash to by the freakin gas... and to be added i am filipino, so don't think im a red neck from the boonies, so for the import heads, don't think ur bad cuz i'd take my dads 88 vette over my moms 1996 Honda Civic Si... don't get me wrong imports are cool, but until they start bringing skylines, evos to North America and you can afford to hook up ur 88 civic (LOL, wut a waste of cash!), ur not "cool" if ur Honda has a West Wing body kit, and "Hello Kitty" decals on it... but please i don't want the Euro people getting in to this cuz it's pure luv for their cars...Ferrari F40 kicks! Americans kick it toooo!

3. im not gunna bother to read

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SpeedRacer</i>
    <b>hahahahahaha....LOL.....J/K
    this cars kicks!!!
    for the jap tuners out there, sure i still love imports, but come on how many people out there drive a hooked up Evo 4, a 10 sec Supra, and a skyline that cost 200% to import. i drive my dads 1988 C4 vette alot and all i gots to say is there are a lot of white suburban kids thinking there bad ass asians drivin' a good looking car that can't run 1/4 mile under 16 secs....hahahahahah...batty boiz.... and for the people who are gonna be like "its a gas gozzler!" well if u have enuff cash to buy a 60k car, im pretty sure u have the cash to by the freakin gas... and to be added i am filipino, so don't think im a red neck from the boonies, so for the import heads, don't think ur bad cuz i'd take my dads 88 vette over my moms 1996 Honda Civic Si... don't get me wrong imports are cool, but until they start bringing skylines, evos to North America and you can afford to hook up ur 88 civic (LOL, wut a waste of cash!), ur not "cool" if ur Honda has a West Wing body kit, and "Hello Kitty" decals on it... but please i don't want the Euro people getting in to this cuz it's pure luv for their cars...Ferrari F40 kicks! Americans kick it toooo!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeah I know all these import guys are all like "Well My V-6 NSX dosent eat up gas like your american cars. Hmmm my vette gets 18/26 mpg and the NSX only gets 17/24 mpg so how do you figure?<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mallettvette435ci</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SpeedRacer</i>
    this cars kicks!!!
    for the jap tuners out there, sure i still love imports, but come on how many people out there drive a hooked up Evo 4, a 10 sec Supra, and a skyline that cost 200% to import. i drive my dads 1988 C4 vette alot and all i gots to say is there are a lot of white suburban kids thinking there bad ass asians drivin' a good looking car that can't run 1/4 mile under 16 secs....hahahahahah...batty boiz.... and for the people who are gonna be like "its a gas gozzler!" well if u have enuff cash to buy a 60k car, im pretty sure u have the cash to by the freakin gas... and to be added i am filipino, so don't think im a red neck from the boonies, so for the import heads, don't think ur bad cuz i'd take my dads 88 vette over my moms 1996 Honda Civic Si... don't get me wrong imports are cool, but until they start bringing skylines, evos to North America and you can afford to hook up ur 88 civic (LOL, wut a waste of cash!), ur not "cool" if ur Honda has a West Wing body kit, and "Hello Kitty" decals on it... but please i don't want the Euro people getting in to this cuz it's pure luv for their cars...Ferrari F40 kicks! Americans kick it toooo!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeah I know all these import guys are all like "Well My V-6 NSX dosent eat up gas like your american cars. Hmmm my vette gets 18/26 mpg and the NSX only gets 17/24 mpg so how do you figure?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yeha I think the new vetes get very good gas milege. Like 20/35 or something good.<!-- Signature -->

6. this car is an insult to GTO lovers. come on, dont just get behind this thing because GM is slapping on a badge! you guys should know a shady trick when you see one, and let me tell you it is.

dont get me wrong, i have nothing against this car, just the fact that GM is labeling it a GTO.<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rex4ev</i>
    <b>this car is an insult to GTO lovers. come on, dont just get behind this thing because GM is slapping on a badge! you guys should know a shady trick when you see one, and let me tell you it is.

dont get me wrong, i have nothing against this car, just the fact that GM is labeling it a GTO.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Dude if Ford discontiued mustangs at 66 and started them in the 70's again with that exact same look do you think Ford would have been makeing a mistake for makeing those? I think you would, but even though they were ugly they were still good in performance(for back then), but this is different it accually looks good and will have very good performance.<!-- Signature -->

8. This car is far from an insult to GTO lovers, I would know because i am one. The Holden is a great car, and if they were just putting stickers on it then it would still have the 305hp engine that is in the stock one over in the land down under. Just except the fact that this is a kickin car and it will beat your WRX (at least on a paved road).<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rex4ev</i>
    <b>this car is an insult to GTO lovers. come on, dont just get behind this thing because GM is slapping on a badge! you guys should know a shady trick when you see one, and let me tell you it is.

dont get me wrong, i have nothing against this car, just the fact that GM is labeling it a GTO.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Dude if Ford discontiued mustangs at 66 and started them in the 70's again with that exact same look do you think Ford would have been makeing a mistake for makeing those? I think you would, but even though they were ugly they were still good in performance(for back then), but this is different it accually looks good and will have very good performance.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I am not a Ford fan by any means but they have handled their icons with 100 times more respect. you can see in their products that it is family run and not a corporate, unfeeling entity, like GM has become.<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SpeedRacer</i>
    this cars kicks!!!

You realy scared me there. I agree this could kill any "stock" imports.<!-- Signature -->

11. This is finally an American car that I can be excited about. I hope that it doesn't have GM's traditional stone-age interior materials, or any of that ridiculous side cladding that Pontiac has been so fond of lately. A huge step for GM back into the enthusiast fray.

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sickboy9</i>
    <b>This is finally an American car that I can be excited about. I hope that it doesn't have GM's traditional stone-age interior materials, or any of that ridiculous side cladding that Pontiac has been so fond of lately. A huge step for GM back into the enthusiast fray. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

you GM lovers see what types of morons this car is going to attract?

allthough he is right about the cladding.<!-- Signature -->

13. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from sickboy9
    This is finally an American car that I can be excited about. I hope that it doesn't have GM's traditional stone-age interior materials, or any of that ridiculous side cladding that Pontiac has been so fond of lately. A huge step for GM back into the enthusiast fray.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This isnt actually an American car but its good to see that you are excited by this great Australian car. It does have a very nice interior

14. person who made this post is a post guzzling *****

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rex4ev</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sickboy9</i>
    <b>This is finally an American car that I can be excited about. I hope that it doesn't have GM's traditional stone-age interior materials, or any of that ridiculous side cladding that Pontiac has been so fond of lately. A huge step for GM back into the enthusiast fray. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

you GM lovers see what types of morons this car is going to attract?

allthough he is right about the cladding.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I do not like this car at all. The firebird was much better, no?<!-- Signature -->

16. I like it.
    Sure I like the looks of the Firebird better, but it'll come back.
    It's nice to see the GTO back in production.

The original was just a rebadged Tempest, so I don't see why this one should be any different.

17. GTO should, as it has in the past, have more subdued looks than the Firebird. I like this car and I think a redesigned Firebird would be awsome.....poor F-bodies......moment of silence please.......

18. --------------<!-- Signature -->

19. wakuwaku are you a freraking idiot read the post he wrote before bashing on it he is saying that it is a dang good car and import lovers use that say just to take awayt from them.<!-- Signature -->

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SpeedRacer</i>
    this cars kicks!!!
    for the jap tuners out there, sure i still love imports, but come on how many people out there drive a hooked up Evo 4, a 10 sec Supra, and a skyline that cost 200% to import. i drive my dads 1988 C4 vette alot and all i gots to say is there are a lot of white suburban kids thinking there bad ass asians drivin' a good looking car that can't run 1/4 mile under 16 secs....hahahahahah...batty boiz.... and for the people who are gonna be like "its a gas gozzler!" well if u have enuff cash to buy a 60k car, im pretty sure u have the cash to by the freakin gas... and to be added i am filipino, so don't think im a red neck from the boonies, so for the import heads, don't think ur bad cuz i'd take my dads 88 vette over my moms 1996 Honda Civic Si... don't get me wrong imports are cool, but until they start bringing skylines, evos to North America and you can afford to hook up ur 88 civic (LOL, wut a waste of cash!), ur not "cool" if ur Honda has a West Wing body kit, and "Hello Kitty" decals on it... but please i don't want the Euro people getting in to this cuz it's pure luv for their cars...Ferrari F40 kicks! Americans kick it toooo!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Come one show imports some repsect no granted there not much to say for stock but there still nice cars. I dont have a problem with this car at all in fact i actually respect it and i dont think Gm is doing anything wrong by bringing it back, but it still cant replace the Firebird.

Its WING WEST not west wing

Oh ya and i dont drive a 10 sec supra but give me a month and my 11 sec supra will be running 10's<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SpeedRacer</i>
    this cars kicks!!!
    for the jap tuners out there, sure i still love imports, but come on how many people out there drive a hooked up Evo 4, a 10 sec Supra, and a skyline that cost 200% to import. i drive my dads 1988 C4 vette alot and all i gots to say is there are a lot of white suburban kids thinking there bad ass asians drivin' a good looking car that can't run 1/4 mile under 16 secs....hahahahahah...batty boiz.... and for the people who are gonna be like "its a gas gozzler!" well if u have enuff cash to buy a 60k car, im pretty sure u have the cash to by the freakin gas... and to be added i am filipino, so don't think im a red neck from the boonies, so for the import heads, don't think ur bad cuz i'd take my dads 88 vette over my moms 1996 Honda Civic Si... don't get me wrong imports are cool, but until they start bringing skylines, evos to North America and you can afford to hook up ur 88 civic (LOL, wut a waste of cash!), ur not "cool" if ur Honda has a West Wing body kit, and "Hello Kitty" decals on it... but please i don't want the Euro people getting in to this cuz it's pure luv for their cars...Ferrari F40 kicks! Americans kick it toooo!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Come one show imports some repsect no granted there not much to say for stock but there still nice cars. I dont have a problem with this car at all in fact i actually respect it and i dont think Gm is doing anything wrong by bringing it back, but it still cant replace the Firebird.

Its WING WEST not west wing

Oh ya and i dont drive a 10 sec supra but give me a month and my 11 sec supra will be running 10's<!-- Signature -->

22. it's a shame<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rex4ev</i>

dont get me wrong, i have nothing against this car, just the fact that GM is labeling it a GTO.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

but you have to ask yourself, what makes a gto a gto... but yeah, they did do it to make more bank, but i bought it, i understand it, but to me the name dont matter, its still a nice car... its no use going in here and trying to spread your "divine knowledge" that they made this to try and sell out the GTO name or whathaveyou... if they dont see past that then let them, its their own choice when to or when not to think about that

24. i wanted to state my opinion.

now that they made their bed they can lay in it.<!-- Signature -->

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rex4ev</i>
    <b>it's a shame</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

GOD WE GET IT! you do NOT like this car! let me repeat you do NOT! If you think it is so much of a disgrace get off your lazy ass and go to GM and complain to the CEO saying that he is an ass for making the amazing holden a GTO! God all you do is post on how dumb this is and blah blah blah! GOd you get annoying.<!-- Signature -->