Re: Inline 5!!! What the F***

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Bel Air Concept' started by import_lover_69, Aug 9, 2002.

1. dam straight hemicharger

and bugatti buster, or what ever yur f***in name is, if ya don't like talkin to ppl who like imports, then why did you post a message in my topic in the first place? ASSHOLE<!-- Signature -->

2. He likes lambos and ferraris, but not the F1, that makes no sense. He is just SpeedDemon reborn, a complete idiot who just keeps posting stuff that makes no sense. He posts the same message everywhere.

3. people people, why cant we just get along. I LOVE Japanese cars(SC430, LS430, 02 Altima, Supra) The Euro cars are pretty cool(i.e. Jaguar, Merc and Bimmers) and American cars are sweet(i.e. Monte, Escalade, CIEN).

Oh, FORD sucks. Thats who we really should be criticising if anything.

And, I guess they use an I-5 for lighter weight or something but as long as it makes 300+ HP, it's all good.

4. inline 5 is a lame replacement engine for the bel air but it does at least make some power. Chevy is not known to make 315hp with just 3.5 liters. Who is making the decision at gm???? An ls1 would have been a better choice.

5. i agree with you he's a dumb ass that had nothin to do with what you said ya thats dumb.

6. I dont see whats so wrong with a 5 cylinder engine. Volvo uses them in their production vehicles. Just because it is new to GM doesnt mean it is bad, i am happy that car companies are finnaly starting to make more enviromentally safe engines. Some people dont seem to realize that the world is suposed to run out of petrol in 50 years. That is not a very long time if you think about it and most likely people will still need cars in 2052. Get over the huge v8's and welcome smaller more earth friendly engines because lets face it we dont have much of a choice. Fuel cell cars have a long way to go before theyre safe and dependable not to mention affordable so for now were stuck with petrol which isnt cheap and there is now vast resources of it. You can only imagine how expensive it will get as we start to run out.

7. The way i see it, is that they never really intended to make this a fast car, just more of a cruiser, hence the convertable, but if you really want to make it go fast, just drop in an LS-1 or somthing, and you will be good to go

8. The fact is if we realy are car fans, and performance car fans at that, the only thing that should matter is lap times and time sheets at the local drag strip. The most bad assed car is the one that wins the race; everyting else, front wheel rear wheel, all wheel drive, four banger, v6, v8, v10, v12, w8, displacemen, thats a bunch of crap if the car doesn't win. If a viper barely makes 68 hp per liter who cares if it rus fast, and if something else is faster who cares? And if the bel air has an inline 5 who gives a shit if it runs its ass off.

9. An inline 5?! I'm sorry guys but that's just sad. This is a car that should have a V8. I don't give a damn about weight and fuel economy. If I owned this car I'd never pop the hood for anyone or start it up for someone to drule over. A 5 cylinder will only sputter like a four cylinder. It's a common fact.

10. Inline 5!!! What the F***

an Inline 5 cylinder engine.
    I mean, c'mon, i know chevy is trying to keep a conservative image these days, but the rebirth of such a classic as the Bel-Air without a some sort of V8 is a discrace. drop in a freshened up version of an Ls-1 or sumthin.<!-- Signature -->

11. I'M TIRED OF TALKIN TO ASSHOLES WHO LOVE THOSE CRAPPY JAPENESE CARS OR VIPERS AND THAT KINDA SHITY CARS. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT REAL SPORTS CARS THEN TALK ABOUT A LAMBORGHINI, A FERRARI, AND ESPECIALLY THE NEW BUGATTI EB 16/4 VEYRON WHICH IS THE FASTEST PRODUCTION CAR RIGHT NOW, **** THE MCLAREN F1 OR STUPID ASS CHEVROLET CALLAWAY SLEDGEHAMMER CORVETTE.

THE VIPER IS REALLY UNDERPOWERED BECAUSE IT HAS A HUDGE V10 BUT A BMW V8 OR A PORSCHE 6CYLINDERS TWIN TURBO ENGINE WOULD BEAT IT. AND DON'T SAY ANY THING ABOUT A TUNED VIPER OR RACING VIPER CUZ IF THEY HAVE TO TUNE A V10 TO GET IT TO PERFORM GOOD THEN THEY REALLY HAVE PROBLEMS.

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TALKIN TO ME ABOUT A SUBARU. THEY SUCK. PEOPLE ARE COMPARING IT TO A BMW, BUT THEY DON'T COMPARE STUFF LIKE TOPSPEED OR QUALITY AND STUFF LIKE THAT CUZ THEY KNOW THAT THE BMW WOULD WIN. AND IT'S AWD SYSTEM IS REALLY OLD, MY GRANDFATHER HAD A LANCIA DELTA WITH THE SAME AWD 25 YEARS AGO.

JAPENESE CARS SUCK MY LEFT NUT,
    AMERICANS HAVE GREAT CARS (CAMARO, TRANS AM...) AND SOME SHITY CARS (VIPERS, CORVETTES)
    EURO CARS ARE THE BEST.<!-- Signature -->

12. well too bad your beloved camaros and firebirds are pretty much dead and going outta production, buddy.and all those exotics you mentioned, too bad they cost an arm and a leg.
    at least imports are affordable and don't cost mega money to service and maintain.
    did i ever say i liked the viper? NO!!!
    and what the F*** does your reply have to do with the Bel-Air concept anyway?
    if ya wanna complain about imports, post your own topic and do it there. and why do you care what my tastes in cars are anyways, wiseass. <!-- Signature -->

13. Viper is underpowered???!!!! LOL

You've gotta be kidding me. Yeah, sure a Porsche 6 cylinder engine can match it, but it needs TWO TURBOCHARGERS, do you understand??? Obviously not. The Viper is naturally aspirated. If you're complaining that an engine needs to be tweaked, then complain about the porsche engine as well, since it's already being tweaked. Throw twin turbo on the Viper and you're at around 800hp. See if the porsche matches that now.

BTW, I'm not ripping on Porsche or anything, I love them. I'm just trying to prove a point to this dumbass.<!-- Signature -->

14. To address a few things:
    A) Mr. Bugatti, I respect the Bugatti company, and all of the other companies you mentioned for that matter (including some you spoke negatively of). I also notice you put alot of stock in top speed. There is, of course, nothing wrong with building a car than can go 250mph. However, I would pose the question of where, on the street, or on any American event track (i.e. Pocono, Road Atlanta, Leguna Seca, Road America) are you going actually hit that sort of speed. NOWHERE! Unless you're a suicidal idiot. Besides, even having not seen the full specs on the new Bugatti, I would wager that the Ferrari F-60 (another nearly-in-production supercar) would absolutely torch the Bugatti around ANY road course. The F-60's top speed: 205. Fairly humble for car that will get to 100mph about as fast as a Porshe 911 carrera (not a turbo) will get to 60. I imagine the case would be the same with McLaren as well. With such a well balanced and powerful car, 10mph top speed edge isn't going to mean a whole lot.
    B) While I think alegations that Chevy has copied ford with this car are highly dubious, it is definately a lesser attempt at a retro design than what I would expect from a company like GM. To be blunt; it looks nothing like a Bel Air, and is ugly on top of that.
    C) Why can't everyone just get along. My family drives every manner of car in existance, none of them GM, but a mix of foriegn and domestic for sure. I have a Toyota MR2 Turbo, my father has a Ferrari Testarossa, my mother drives a Mustang, and my uncle restores Chevys and has an origional Bel Air. If that's not diversity, I don't know what is. We joke and rib each other, but there's no feud. If it looks good and can turn fast laps, I like it.

15. like i said in the form above i think everyone should get their panties out of a twist. so what its a inline 5 who cares. and everyone has their own opinion so just let all the little car fights go. i think ford sucks ass big deal. i personaly dont like them michanicly thats my opinion. i like imports but i also like GM and Mopar. who realy #$%#ing cares<!-- Signature -->

16. If chevy wanted a Goddamn vette, they would have just made yet another verision of it. An inline 5, yes, i didnt studder. calm down. anything that makes over 300 ponies and isnt a V8 is impressive. We arent talking about squirting some shitty 1.6 ricer either. This is real HP here. Hey, nice job Ford, with the new Thunderchicken. Maybe next year it will find some nuts, just like it took a few years for the Mustang to find that "phantom" 30 horse or so, but they got it. (to no avail, it still gets its ass worked) Anyway, hell, retro and roadsters are in. not a bad little rig. <!-- Signature -->

17. Bugatti's: Under them more than in them. Anyway, moneybags, i dont see you driving one! BMW's are made in North Carolina (how magnificent). All this talk about high quality German craftsmanship and a lot of smack being talked on American cars is non-sense. What it really comes down to is Bang for the buck!<!-- Signature -->

18. I think that the bel air should have the ls-1 in it but i cant say that i disagree with the inline 5. Inline engines are very torquey.My freind has a volvo i think its an s-70 but it has a turbocharged I-5 and we went out racing in it as a joke. It turns out we beat civics integas and best of all we beat a mustang right off the #$%#ing road.

19. I dont now about u guys but its sad that a inline 5 can put out more power that a ford v8

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mangustapimp</i>
    <b>ford sucks! why do people like #$%#in ford its mass produced crap, any one agree?mustangs suck ass, i think there should be a cospiracy to kill that saleen guy, #$%#in copy cats, and what the #$%# inline five. put in at least a v8 or sumting this ford crap is getting on my nerves. American made cars suck and i hope they go out of business.
    Japs is ok. Euro #$%#in rules ***** whos gonna #$%#in object *****!
    4 speed, please, i got 5 in wrx and 6 in my qvale, lets ban ford!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'M GOING TO OBJECT!

You go on and on saying shit, yet you don't know anything, all you're posts sound like words from a #$%#ing 15 year old wannabe thug, I think there should be some kind of conspiracy (no cospiracy DORK!) to get you the #$%# of this site!

And another thing LOOSER this thing is not from FORD!
    Chevrolet is GM RETARD!

IF YOU’RE GOING TO POST CRAP AT LEAST LEARN HOW TO WRITE ENGLISH!!

21. well i think that i want this I-5 in my suburban.
    yeah thats what i said. My suburb has a b96 chevy v8, producing 240 hp. if any i-5 can produce more hp, then who the f€ck cares if its i-5 and not v8? Thats retarded! Hp/Litre means sh€t! Hp/lb means so much more. If it can beat u on the track, then who cares if its got less hp/l ? thats stupid! I think that all u stupid rYcers should watch out, cos when this car gets into production, it will work on ALL of you gay ass cars.