Re: McLaren F1 GT Forum rulez all.. even ferrari, lambourginhi,

Discussion in '1997 McLaren F1 GT' started by Christianmc, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The Porsche GT3 has the best handeling!

2. McLaren F1 GT Forum rulez all.. even ferrari, lambourginhi, pors

This car would tear other cars up in a race, it would friggen anal rape those crack smokers

3. yep probably!<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b>yep probably!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --><!-- Signature -->

5. This car is better than all cars in the world currently...particularly the GTR version kicks ass.With a mind blowing performance,this car has the power to beat the best cars in the world at the best of times.An acceleration of 0-60 mph in under 3 secs and that from 0-100 in under 5 secs is marvellous.<!-- Signature -->

6. This is one fine car.. A breakthrough.. Fast and furious and beautiful.<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b>This is one fine car.. A breakthrough.. Fast and furious and beautiful.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->word<!-- Signature -->

8. Like me in a bumpa car. it would kill the rest!

9. you'd have to know how to drive it if you wanted to win againts those cars ;) it's real easy to mangle a mclaren :p

10. Too bad it isnt street-legal. Theres no doubt that its a phat car, but still for $1,000,000 you could have a Hennessey Venom 800 twin turbo, an Aston Martin, a Lamborghini and a Ferrari, and still have money left to burn. I mean, how many people can say that they can afford a million dollar car? Maybe its just me, but I would rather have a Hennessey Venom 800tt, or even just a ZO6. The only imports i would ever care to own are the Aston Martins. <!-- Signature -->

11. He is definitely a moron. Why get a Viper? Especially that one. Have you seen the reliability record on it? Plus Vipers are so average. They aren't especially spectacular. Any company can throw 800 bhp under the hood, but it would be smart to be able to control it and get reliability. Anywayz, I'd rather get several cars if I had a million to spare(Still dreaming, hoping, working, & hustling for it). An Escalade(For partyin), a Porsche GT2(For fun), a Lamborghini Diablo VT(For an exotic), a Porsche 911 Turbo(For the week), a Lotus Elise(For weekends), an Audi S3(For a hatchback(I love hatchbax, so I'd need one and this is the best)), & a Mitsubishi Lancer VI(To rally). Grand total(Less options) = About $750,000 which means I have $250,000 to spend on options and other stuff(e.g. stereo equipment for the cars) Still, having a McLaren F1 would be sweet, I just think it'd be impractical.

12. Hennessey Venom 800tt: 830+ hp, 950+ lb-ft of torque, 1.05 on the skidpad, 0-60 in 2.7, 0-100 in 6, 0-100-0 in 9.9, Big ol' V10,$150,000, cant beat that price w/ an exotic!

McLaren F1: 630 hp, 450 lb-ft of torque (the Vette ZO6 has that), 0-60 in 3.1, AND IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE ITS OWN ENGINE (bmw engine for those who didnt already know) and the cost (almost 7 times the Hennessey's cost) $1,000,000+ by the time your done.

#'s dont lie people. <!-- Signature -->

13. Average? what are you on? the trick, people, is to make it go fast for a little bit of money, not alot of cash, any idiot can do that. The Viper ACR ($85,000) is the only car under $100,000 to go 200 mph BONE STOCK. The mclaren, and its peanut V12 doesnt put out any torque. Chevy 350's put out more torque than that, and it costs about $3,500. even the viper engine costs about $9,000 to replace. I wouldnt doubt that the cost of that BMW ENGINE costs close to $50,000 to replace once it blows up. This car has a name, thats it.<!-- Signature -->

14. Ooooh, don't attack me w/ the Viper. I'm so scared. It is average, there's nothing special about the Viper except that it has a lot of horsepower. Period. I'd take a Corvette over a Viper any day because the Corvette actually has class, reliability, and handling. Does the Viper have class? Hell no. Reliability? Not really. Handling? Hahahahahahahahaha. Any company could put in that much power, the trick is to harness it for more than doing donuts and going in a straight line.

15. Inform us of how it goes afterwards, you lucky bastard. I'd work on cars if I could to get to drive the sweet ones. Oh well, I'll just stick w/ systems.

16. Hey can you guys give me some tips on becoming a mechanic like what courses, ect. because right now im pretty much devoting everything i got to cars and learning how to fix them so i decided to go for being a mechanic.

17. i remember a quote describing the McLaren GTs acceleration in comparison to the Venom 800tt, the Viper is Fast but is nothing compared to the Mclarens warp drive, i doubt the Viper is as fast accelerating as the Mclaren F1 GT or even within a footbal pitch of the TVR Cebera Speed 12, that car is just sick

talk about power to weight ratio and acceleration, it is just nuts

PWR(power to weight ratio)
    Venom 800tt............503bhp per ton
    Mclaren F1 GT..........514bhp per ton
    TVR Cebera Speed 12....800bhp per ton

who do u think will win????????????????????????????????????<!-- Signature -->

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from snyper</i>
    <b>i remember a quote describing the McLaren GTs acceleration in comparison to the Venom 800tt, the Viper is Fast but is nothing compared to the Mclarens warp drive, i doubt the Viper is as fast accelerating as the Mclaren F1 GT or even within a footbal pitch of the TVR Cebera Speed 12, that car is just sick

talk about power to weight ratio and acceleration, it is just nuts

PWR(power to weight ratio)
    Venom 800tt............503bhp per ton
    Mclaren F1 GT..........514bhp per ton
    TVR Cebera Speed 12....800bhp per ton

who do u think will win????????????????????????????????????</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->ME

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from speedviper87</i>
    <b>Hey can you guys give me some tips on becoming a mechanic like what courses, ect. because right now im pretty much devoting everything i got to cars and learning how to fix them so i decided to go for being a mechanic.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I can give you tips on building a sound system in your car, but that's about it. Meh-can-iks? What's that?

20. THE SPEED 12 IS NOT A PRODUCTION CAR, GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD. THE 800TT IS FASTER IN EVERY ASPECT OF PERFORMANCE THAN THE US VERSION MCLAREN.<!-- Signature -->

21. The speed 12 isnt near effecient enough to hit todays streets.<!-- Signature -->

22. hey, stupid, for your information, the viper pulls better time in the slalom and posts the same scores on the skidpad. In case you didnt notice my name dustyd427!!!!, im a huge vette fan. And whats this CRAP about reliability, viper engines run around in heavy duty trucks all day. im sorry if you feel the need to bash a car you know nothing about, but stick to things you know, its obviously not cars.<!-- Signature -->

23. finally

finally someone realizes what ive been saying, there are plenty of cars that are faster and are CHEAPER!!!!<!-- Signature -->

24. So you're trying to tell me that Viper engines are very reliable? Next thing you know, you'll be saying that Viper engines are of the same build quality as Mercedes, BMW, or Toyota. And if they're so reliable, how come I hear of Vipers breaking down all the time from my dad's friend who used to WORK at a Dodge dealership? I don't know sh|t about cars? You're right, I don't know sh|t compared to a lot of the guyz on here. But I know the Viper engine isn't all that reliable, so you keep thinking it is. I mean, it might be, but it definitely can't handle the way most people who have Vipers drive, which is something Dodge should deal w/. Vipers aren't exactly babied most of the time, so if Dodge would actually made an engine that can take a beating every once in a while, I wouldn't be arguing. You've driven a Corvette and so have I. I've also driven a Viper. The Viper is SCARY to drive and even scarier to be a passenger in. It's got so much oversteer, you could do donuts in third(Probably, I haven't tried that). So don't try to tell me that it handles well w/ that much oversteer. Hell, I could barely keep it on the road driving the speed limit when I hit a sharp corner. Absolutely no sense of confidence in its ability to go where I want it to go. Or maybe I don't know how to drive even though I put over 55,000 km on my car last year and 90% of that wasn't from going to work and school. It was from going around on winding country roads in excess of 100 km/h in my Suzuki w/o a single accident. Ever try to make a Swift oversteer? That's how I drive on those roads. How's the Corvette to drive? Nice, right? Exactly. BTW, Slalom tests prove what can be done w/ the car, not what will most likely happen w/ the car(As in spinning, spinning, & more spinning). The Viper 800TT smoking the McLaren GT(Or any race car, for that matter)? I'd love to see that.

25. Ive driven the Venom 650, and it handles pheonominal. I dont know where your at, but ive had it at over 150 MILES PER HOUR (I believe its 2.2 kilos to a mile, so then its 330 kilometers per hour) in California, and i could still control that SOB. Kilos are baby crap, when you get that car up to near 150 mph, it is scary. Ive never heard of a Dodge V10 braking down for something other than not maintaing the engine correctly, and yes, the Dodge 8.0 liter V10 and the Chevy 5.7 liter 350 are right up there alongside those Euro engines. I am an automotive engineer for a small modifying firm for American cars, specializing in General Motors and Dodge, and ive never worked on a properly driven Viper engine. The ones that do break down have been taken to 150+ before the engine is properly broken in. Viper Engines are very dependable, they've been in trucks for 15+ years, and they have the most torque in a car today. <!-- Signature -->