Re: Mini-Vette

Discussion in '2000 Mazda RX-7 Type RZ' started by Cobra R Stinger, Aug 10, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from cheto</i>
    <b>the car looks nothin like either the vette, or the viper. and for the dude that said the rx-7 has been out longer than both, the first viper concept was in the late 1980's. so i'd say the viper took that one. but anyway, this car is weak!! twin turbo double rotary, and only 276 horse power!!! thats insanely weak, my friends got a 91' toyota p/u, with single turbo, and hes got close to 250 hp, this car is weak.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Dumbass, there's restriction in japan that stated stock cars can't have more than 276 hp or 280ps.<!-- Signature -->

2. uh which part of it looks like a viper, anyway, on a race track, the viper can never outrun the rx-7

What a dummy... a professional rx-7 driver will never outrun a professional viper driver. THAT IS WHY THE VIPER WINS ALL AUTOVISIONS. it wins over great cars like porsche turbos and m3 and nsx. Even without the gutted out aspect a viper will hand the rx-7 its ass if the driver knows how to control the beast within. But DAYAM that rx-7 look goooooooooooood.

by the way: Car of the Century M3 (e30, e36, e46)

Drive safe don't mess around!!!<!-- Signature -->

3. So...this isn't a bad car...but looking at it, what I see is that they tried to make it look more like a Corvette. It's just too small for me though. It's not a bad little car...but i've driven RX-7's...and they're really uncomfortable. But hey...it works. But i think i'm gonna call it a mini-vette from now on.

are u #$%#ing retarded??? uncomfortable... looks like a vette...???

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M3m3M3m3M3</i>
    <b>

What a dummy... a professional rx-7 driver will never outrun a professional viper driver. THAT IS WHY THE VIPER WINS ALL AUTOVISIONS. it wins over great cars like porsche turbos and m3 and nsx. Even without the gutted out aspect a viper will hand the rx-7 its ass if the driver knows how to control the beast within. But DAYAM that rx-7 look goooooooooooood.

by the way: Car of the Century M3 (e30, e36, e46)

Drive safe don't mess around!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

im no dummy, i believe you've never seen or heard a viper and a rx-7 race before, well i though have heard about it and even seen videos of it where viper are nearly at the bottom end. anyway, i don't believe the car of the century is a bmw m3, i believe that a car of the century should be a car that has its name held up for decades, propably the ford model T.

5. Hey M3,

Not sure which races you have been watching, but there isnt any way a Viper is going to win over a Turbo Porsche, they arent even in the same class, anywhere.

Watch Speedvision GT, everything beats the Viper. Audi Quattro, M3, NSX, 911(not turbo).

In ALMS they dont even come close to 911 GT3 half the time.

Of course the C5 Vette wins there hands down.
    And they deserve it.

6. #31 M3m3M3m3M3, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Radius</i>
    <b>Hey M3,

Not sure which races you have been watching, but there isnt any way a Viper is going to win over a Turbo Porsche, they arent even in the same class, anywhere.

Watch Speedvision GT, everything beats the Viper. Audi Quattro, M3, NSX, 911(not turbo).

In ALMS they dont even come close to 911 GT3 half the time.

Of course the C5 Vette wins there hands down.
    And they deserve it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Under the direction of Hugues de Chaunac and ORECA, the Viper GTS R/T has won five international championships, including two ALMS GTS-class titles in 1999 and 2000, and the FIA GT Championship in 1997, 1998 and 1999. In 2000, the factory-backed Vipers finished first and second at Le Mans for the third time in succession, and scored an outright victory at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona. ORECA has been appointed by DaimlerChrysler motorsport division to exclusively build and sell the Chrysler Viper GTS R/T to racing customers.

First of all this quote i got is from http://alms.americanlemans.com/
    which definitely shows that they are not doing too bad. SECONDLy... this is a forum under MAZDA rx.7. The first argument is viper vs. rx-7 stated which i was merely replying to. So please dnt misunderstand me.

By the way: Car of the century m3 (e30, e36, e46)<!-- Signature -->

7. Mini-Vette? what the [email protected]#! ?! I have no idea to how this resembles a corvette. As for the body style, i dont think this car needs a change. Its one of the nicer japanese cars ever made. and another thing, the power of this thing, 276 hp from a 1.3 liter. thats freakin crazy!!

8. this is a nice car but the only thing that looks like a Vette is the front end, the way the head lights open etc. The rear section of the Vette is wide like that of the NSX. The RX-7 has really came a long way from it's previous models that it has clearly evolved from. The same holds true for the Vette. I remember people called the Datsun 240Z a mini Vette, but the only true mini Vette was the 70's Opel GT. Oh and the 300Z twin turbo, 3000GT VR4, and the Supura all had models with at least 300 horsepower. I guess the 276 horsepower restriction was for Mazda alone.

9. the differences between the cars in 1992 and now are: updated electronics, new rims and different shaped headlights, the series 6 has different llights to the series 7, some also come with extras which can be bought from your dealer

10. You know, I like the looks of the Corvette, but I wouldnt be caught dead in one. You know there was one time I was on the freeway bringin my truck home from the shop, and there was this new corvette on the freeway. My father would be able to smoke him in his car but he was quite a ways behind me, and comin on to the freeway was a white Rx7, it pulled up to the corvette and the both went at it off into the distance, last i saw of the two while i was attempting to keep up the Rx had the lead.And I do believe that the Rx WON.
    Now Im not trying to say anything bad about the corvette, no wait, I am.Its big, rather ugly, sounds like shit, almost looks like a piece of shit with seats and a steering wheel. I would rather have an Rx any day, and if someone gave me a vette, I would sell it and buy an Rx with the money and maybe a Saleen.The only corvette that I would like to have is the one from 1969. Other than that you can take your little theory about the Rx7 and shove it.

<!-- Signature -->

11. Click that picture Above<!-- Signature -->

12. I don't car what anyone says, this car must be damn fun to drive!

13. mINI VETT MY ASS
    <!-- Signature -->

14. i was wondering somthing, if vipers are so nice why do they only have 56 hp/lt? i mean shit an s2000 has 125 per liter. a 20b 2.0lt rotory can put out that much

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from z28infront</i>
    <b>this is a nice car but the only thing that looks like a Vette is the front end, the way the head lights open etc. The rear section of the Vette is wide like that of the NSX. The RX-7 has really came a long way from it's previous models that it has clearly evolved from. The same holds true for the Vette. I remember people called the Datsun 240Z a mini Vette, but the only true mini Vette was the 70's Opel GT. Oh and the 300Z twin turbo, 3000GT VR4, and the Supura all had models with at least 300 horsepower. I guess the 276 horsepower restriction was for Mazda alone.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Go look at Japanese ratings on the later year Jap TT's.
    They're all rated at 276PS 280HP 112MPH
    It's a gentlemans contract. They rate them at that, but they're allowed to make more power, just not too much.
    Like you take a japanese supra or skyline that are rated at that and dyno them fresh from the factory. They'll make over 300hp easily.<!-- Signature -->