Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Discussion in '2002 Lamborghini Murciélago' started by Porsche LVR, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I don't know what ya'll see in the Lambo but look harder at the Carrera Gt. Trust me it's alot better! <!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from flamehead</i>
    <b>carreragtracer, youre just wasting your time, everybody knows that the murcielago is the BEST!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Just like everyone knew the world was flat in the 1400s

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from flamehead</i>
    <b>carreragtracer, youre just wasting your time, everybody knows that the murcielago is the BEST!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Just like everyone knew the world was flat in the 1400s

4. I'll take the Murcielago. the Carrera looks good only in grey. The Lambo looks good in all colors. And they are probly not going to produce to Carrera.

5. No doubt in my mind. I would go with LAMBORGHINI. There is no question in my mind.<!-- Signature -->

6. I WANT TO START BY SAYING THAT I LOVE ALL PORSCHE CARS. WHEN I THINK OF PORSCHE I THINK OF BEAUTY, POWER, AND SPEED. I ALSO LOVE THE NEW LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO, IT IS AN AMAZING CAR. AGRESSIVE, YET GRACEFUL, TOUGH BUT SLEEK, HEAVY BUT FAST. WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY ABOUT THE MURCIELAGO? THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT IT WILL BECOME A LEGEND. BOTTOM LINE IS THAT I WOULD CHOOSE IT OVER THE PORSCHE, NOT BECAUSE OF THE SPEED, OR THE PRICE, BUT BECAUSE I THINK THAT THIS MODEL IS MORE BEATIFUL THAN THE PORSCHE GT1!!!

LONG LIVE THE RAGING BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PenneyWise</i>
    <b>I'll take the Murcielago. the Carrera looks good only in grey. The Lambo looks good in all colors. And they are probly not going to produce to Carrera.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    "And they are probly not going to produce to carrera" They already did stupid!<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Thugz</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from flamehead</i>
    <b>carreragtracer, youre just wasting your time, everybody knows that the murcielago is the BEST!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Just like everyone knew the world was flat in the 1400s</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    THEY SURE DO KNOW DON'T THEY?<!-- Signature -->

9. Once and for all, both of them are the best in their class.

The Carrera GT is a Roadster, and the Murciélago is a GT coupé. If you want the wind in your face, some awesome performance, and beautiful looks, there's nothing better than a Porsche Carrera GT. If you don't want the wind, but you still want all the rest plus a state-of-the-art GT coupé, there's nothing better than a Murciélago.

Can you people get it?<!-- Signature -->

10. I think the Carrera GT is better.

Lambos are excellent cars , but the Murcielago as a weight disavantage of 400kg , at this level of performances you can't make up the weight difference.

11. hey guys those 2 cars should not be compared at all.......'coz the lambo kicks porsche's ass all the way..... the first murcielago bought in the world is in dubai.....and ive seen this car infront of me.....it looks even much better than it looks on the net.....its a huge car with a powerful engine...(0-60 = 3.6secs).....so no car in the world can beat the murcielago not even the ferraris 'coz they all suck......

12. Oh man, I don't know where to start... Here goes -
    Performacne:
    The GT2 beat a Diablo on the race track - on several tracks, on several magazines tests. The GT2 IS a faster car then the Diablo - the Diablo can only beat the GT2 in a straight line. Farther more - on a real road with cracks and bumps etc, Autocar got better results with the 911 Turbo over the Diablo.
    So, basically, the GT2 performs better than the Diablo. You say that they lowered their center of gravity BLA BLA BLA. No problem. The Carrera GT is a WAY WAY WAY better car than the GT2 - more power, much less weight, and much better weight distribution (around 52-48)
    not to mention the LeMans derived chasis along with other components
    So Lamborghini improved their car, but Porsche made a far better car, and the Porsche was faster before. Nothing is certain, but considering all the conditions, it looks like the Carrera GT will out-perform the Murc. Regarding all the Bullshit about VT's SV's GT's etc - So what. "this and this magazine said the diablo would probably do it in 3.2". Get real. They are bullshitting. no one actually got such results ever.

Price:
    No one knows the price of the Carrera GT. Besides, you're saing that the Murc will evolve into better versions, like Murc GT etc.
    Well guess what? The price will evolve too. Those versions are likely to be as costier as the Carrera GT, if they get into production at all.

Heritage and passion:
    Porsche has way more heritage and tradition including racing and stuff. But Passion? Lambo's got pretty much of that. Seeing a Diablo is quite an experience... Passion is the word.
    The thing is, Lamborghini is now owned by VW - And VW made Audi responsible for the Lamborghini brand.
    Guess who designed the Murc? - That's right, Audi's head designer. He wasn't italian the last time i checked. There goes tradition...

Final results:
    It's a tie. This is pointless. It comes down to what you like best.
    You can choose what car you like, but don't deny the facts - The Carrera GT si probably the better car.
    It has it all, plus better reliability.

BTW, the word "Carrera" is i spanish - it means "Race", and they originaly meant some race in mexico, i believe.

And Not ferrari nor Lamborghini are superiour to Porsche in any way.
    Porsches are equal, and their top-of-the-range models usually perform better than Ferrari's and Lambo's.

Thanks for your attetion.

13. Whoa man yo guys are taking this way out of perspective! He just asked which you liked better. Calm down and relax!

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gringo</i>
    <b>Oh man, I don't know where to start... Here goes -
    Performacne:
    The GT2 beat a Diablo on the race track - on several tracks, on several magazines tests. The GT2 IS a faster car then the Diablo - the Diablo can only beat the GT2 in a straight line. Farther more - on a real road with cracks and bumps etc, Autocar got better results with the 911 Turbo over the Diablo.
    So, basically, the GT2 performs better than the Diablo. You say that they lowered their center of gravity BLA BLA BLA. No problem. The Carrera GT is a WAY WAY WAY better car than the GT2 - more power, much less weight, and much better weight distribution (around 52-48)
    not to mention the LeMans derived chasis along with other components
    So Lamborghini improved their car, but Porsche made a far better car, and the Porsche was faster before. Nothing is certain, but considering all the conditions, it looks like the Carrera GT will out-perform the Murc. Regarding all the Bullshit about VT's SV's GT's etc - So what. "this and this magazine said the diablo would probably do it in 3.2". Get real. They are bullshitting. no one actually got such results ever.

Price:
    No one knows the price of the Carrera GT. Besides, you're saing that the Murc will evolve into better versions, like Murc GT etc.
    Well guess what? The price will evolve too. Those versions are likely to be as costier as the Carrera GT, if they get into production at all.

Heritage and passion:
    Porsche has way more heritage and tradition including racing and stuff. But Passion? Lambo's got pretty much of that. Seeing a Diablo is quite an experience... Passion is the word.
    The thing is, Lamborghini is now owned by VW - And VW made Audi responsible for the Lamborghini brand.
    Guess who designed the Murc? - That's right, Audi's head designer. He wasn't italian the last time i checked. There goes tradition...

Final results:
    It's a tie. This is pointless. It comes down to what you like best.
    You can choose what car you like, but don't deny the facts - The Carrera GT si probably the better car.
    It has it all, plus better reliability.

BTW, the word "Carrera" is i spanish - it means "Race", and they originaly meant some race in mexico, i believe.

And Not ferrari nor Lamborghini are superiour to Porsche in any way.
    Porsches are equal, and their top-of-the-range models usually perform better than Ferrari's and Lambo's.

Thanks for your attetion.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Actually the Carrera Gt is to be from $350,000 to $400,000. The Murcielago might be cheaper but if we look at prices we will never be able to buy tight cars.<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from natedogg36</i>
    <b>Whoa man yo guys are taking this way out of perspective! He just asked which you liked better. Calm down and relax!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I know sheesh it seems like ya'll would shoot each other if ya'll saw each other.<!-- Signature -->

16. The Carrera GT will have a much better performance than that holy shit!-Anyway I like the Lambo cars more than the Porsche but the Porsches have better perf. - No discussion!!!<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LaMagra2002</i>
    <b>The Carrera GT will have a much better performance than that holy shit!-Anyway I like the Lambo cars more than the Porsche but the Porsches have better perf. - No discussion!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I'm talking about which car is better overall. I think the Carrera GT, U think?<!-- Signature -->

18. Well its kinda funny how you started all this carreragtracer, what a laugh, as for whats best, well there is no question : the Carrera GT of course.

I could never have believed how someone could like a car that looks just like a re-designed vintage. I mean step aside for the countach copy, no way. I think Lamborghini need to move away from their old looks even thoguh the Murcielago looks pretty sweet the design is getting a bit old and tiring.

The Carrera, is a compliment to the Porsche designers, who managed to craft a car thats sure to be an eyecatcher wherever it goes, and will still look great in 5-6 years time.

Performance wise we have a pretty even field(dont worry im not going to go over the details) ,both very similar specs so no one can really yet determine which one is better (again it kinda looks to tilt the Carrera's way).

Either way i think both are pretty sweet cars and would settle for either.

I think all we need now is some Porsche and Lamborghini experts to battle it out, on and off the track.

But to sum it up, i know which one i would rather have, let alone be seen in. (Carrera GT of course, Duh), so who are you kidding Lamborghinians, you have yourselves a nice car but your not quite in the same class.

<!-- Signature -->

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pondscum9</i>
    <b>who are you kidding Lamborghinians, you have yourselves a nice car but your not quite in the same class.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Not in the same class?

Can you explain it a bit more?<!-- Signature -->

20. When is this bullshit thread gonna stop?...Carrera GT is a piece of horse shit, lets leave it at that.<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lamborghini</i>
    <b>When is this bullshit thread gonna stop?...Carrera GT is a piece of horse shit, lets leave it at that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->See thats the problem its not a "piece of horse shit" The Carrera Gt rules<!-- Signature -->

22. when is this gonna stop. Both cars are good, but I would still go with the Lamborghini!

23. Projected price of the Carrera GT: $330 000 US.
    # of units to be built: 1000

With respect to anyone who thinks the Murc has anything on the Carrera, I ask: What time does the Murcielago log at the Nurburgring? And I answer: ~8:00. The 2002 Porsche 911 GT2 ($180 000 US) logs 7:46.

911 GT2: Weight: 3175lbs., bhp: 462, 0-60: 3.6sec (Road & Track)
    Carrera GT: Weight: 2756lbs., bhp: 558, 0-60: unknown
    Murcielago: Weight: 3638lbs., bhp: ~580, 0-60: 3.8 sec

Weight-to-power ratios: 911 GT2: 6.8723 lbs./bhp
    Carrera GT: 4.9391 lbs./bhp
    Murcielago: 6.2724 lbs./bhp

Those who can't extrapolate the results for themselves can read on:

The 911 GT2 pulls higher g's in both the skidpad and the slalom than the Murcielago, and runs significantly faster track times, even on a large track like the Nurburgring, where the Lamborghini should have an advantage due to its 4WD and higher output engine. On a short track like Hockenheim or Laguna Seca, the Lamborghini would trail behind pretty badly. This is in spite of the fact that the Murcielago has a higher power-to-weight ratio (note: higher power-to-weight means lower weight-to-power ratio) than the 911 GT2. The Murcielago's power-to-weight ratio isn't even in the Carrera GT's metaphorical ballpark. The Carrera GT will have increased tosional rigidity over the 911 GT2, a lower center of gravity, and a reduced drag coefficient (less than 0.33). All numbers point to the Carrera GT as being the superior car.

L8R<!-- Signature -->

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TylerDurden</i>
    <b>Projected price of the Carrera GT: $330 000 US.
    # of units to be built: 1000

With respect to anyone who thinks the Murc has anything on the Carrera, I ask: What time does the Murcielago log at the Nurburgring? And I answer: ~8:00. The 2002 Porsche 911 GT2 ($180 000 US) logs 7:46.

911 GT2: Weight: 3175lbs., bhp: 462, 0-60: 3.6sec (Road & Track)
    Carrera GT: Weight: 2756lbs., bhp: 558, 0-60: unknown
    Murcielago: Weight: 3638lbs., bhp: ~580, 0-60: 3.8 sec

Weight-to-power ratios: 911 GT2: 6.8723 lbs./bhp
    Carrera GT: 4.9391 lbs./bhp
    Murcielago: 6.2724 lbs./bhp

Those who can't extrapolate the results for themselves can read on:

The 911 GT2 pulls higher g's in both the skidpad and the slalom than the Murcielago, and runs significantly faster track times, even on a large track like the Nurburgring, where the Lamborghini should have an advantage due to its 4WD and higher output engine. On a short track like Hockenheim or Laguna Seca, the Lamborghini would trail behind pretty badly. This is in spite of the fact that the Murcielago has a higher power-to-weight ratio (note: higher power-to-weight means lower weight-to-power ratio) than the 911 GT2. The Murcielago's power-to-weight ratio isn't even in the Carrera GT's metaphorical ballpark. The Carrera GT will have increased tosional rigidity over the 911 GT2, a lower center of gravity, and a reduced drag coefficient (less than 0.33). All numbers point to the Carrera GT as being the superior car.

L8R</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Finally someone with his facts down right! Thank you TylerDurden for explaining this. Now some Lambo fans are going to have to reconsider!<!-- Signature -->

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Arcanjo</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pondscum9</i>
    <b>who are you kidding Lamborghinians, you have yourselves a nice car but your not quite in the same class.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Not in the same class?

Can you explain it a bit more?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well, let me put is straight.

Porsche Carrera GT - Class A

Lamborghini Murcielago - Class tocraptobeclassed

class can sometimes be referred to in races where cars of top level are class A, a little bit hevier, slower etc. = class B and so on.

Could ya imagin being on a straight 200 - 300m track (maybe an old runway) and seeing just how much acceleration and speed these two have. I imagine they will supply a doggy bag for your stomach.

And by the way peoples, could we stop listing ALL the stats, its getting a bit boring.<!-- Signature -->