Re: mustang cobra would beat this easily

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS 35th Anniversary' started by 2000LS1, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 2000LS1</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>Camaros are faster they have always beaten the mustang in every form(cobra vs. ss, gt vs. z28, v6 vs. v6 there's no denying it). Now the 2003 cobra is out and it has 390hp. with a supercharger. If you put a supercharger in a camaro it would go faster. If you want to compare factory stock cars against eachother the camaro would still win, because the 2003 mustang will be fast, but the 2002 camaro zl1 is faster and it has 400hp.(about the same price as a normal camaro ss) and is naturally aspirated. The mustang is nice and I would take one if I could, but there's no denying that a camaro is faster. The camaro zl1 has better handeling than the mustang, but the mustang has better interior and there's no denying that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The ZL1 is NOT a factory car, not made by GM. It's a tuner.

2001 Cobra is just as fast as a 2001 SS. The 2003 Cobra is faster than any SS. The z28 is a little faster than a GT, but camaros do not handle better than mustangs. Not at any level especially the cobra.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I still have yet to see a 2001 Cobra run a 12... because there have been MANY reports now of LS1 Camaros running 12's STOCK at sea level.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yes I have seen some SS's run 12.9x stock. It's no way a 12 second car tho. It's more low-mid 13 second car. Which is what the 2001 Cobra is with a driver who knows how to launch the IRS. Awhile ago the mags did some final (?) shootouts 2001 Cobra vs. 2002 SS 35th. The results were very inconclusive. The SS had the same times as the Cobra, or as close as a 1/10.

2. #127 Heyman, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 2000LS1</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>2000LS1, the Tymensky's NA modular mustang ran a 9.77 @ 139. That was naturally aspirated. It does have a 5.0 stroker, but he says that only contributes about 15RWHP.

http://www.mustangweekly.com/2002/february/modmotor/mod1.ASP

Thought you'd like that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    NICE!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh yeah. On 91 octane too...no race fuel or anything!

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><>
    <b>Production??? The Hennessey 800TT is NOT a production car and neither is the Lingenfelter 427TT...they are both TUNER cars. Yes this Lingenfelter is "available to buy" if that's what YOU mean by "production." You can go to John Lingenfelter this very day and ask him to build you this Crovette and he will.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    <i>Quote from Importwithlessthan6lickballs</i
    what the hell are you talkin about? how many lingenfelter vettes were made? a whopping one? just like the McClaren F1, it is considered a "production car" and how many were made? not 10,000+ like any mustang or camaro but it was PUT INTO PRODUCTION FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. If you read the May 2001 issue of MT which is sittin in front of me right now, you would see the questions asked to John Hennessey. Why would he talk about all the changes he wants to make for the "NEW VIPER". lol john lingenfelter would probly make me a lingenfelter vette but not for $72,000 like the Hennessey viper is...and tell me something else under the consumer info secion on the spec grid why does it say ON SALE IN THE U.S: CURRENTLY? the made a whole lot more than one of these monsters....sorry :(</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    OMFG! You don't know the difference between TUNER and PRODUCTION cars?!?!?!?! You have a lot to learn. I would erase your posts before anyone with a shred of intelligence besides me sees them!<!-- Signature -->

4. #129 2000LS1, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 2000LS1</i>
    <b>2000LS1, the Tymensky's NA modular mustang ran a 9.77 @ 139. That was naturally aspirated. It does have a 5.0 stroker, but he says that only contributes about 15RWHP.

Thought you'd like that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh yeah. On 91 octane too...no race fuel or anything!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    DAMN!!! How many cubic inches exactly???<!-- Signature -->

5. It's 5.0 which is 302. So it is only 21 cubes more.

6. THE NEW MUSTANG COBRA IS GOING TO HAVE 390 HORSES, AND RUN 12 SECOND 1/4 MILES.

7. Ok guys i just want say that i personaly love camaros alot more comapred to mustangs (even thuogh i have a 65' stang)... and my friend has a 01' z28 that ran a 13.3 nearly stock and thats pretty damn fast... but u guys all need stop given the mustang crap too....
    i say this because the roush mustang stage 2 and 3 are buitiful looking cars are damn fast; now i know they are pretty expensive but they still are great cars.. and the new 2003 cobra is gonna be .1 seconds behind the viper (viper 12.6 2003 cobra.12.75).... also saleens are over priced and not a derect mustang but damn they look good.... so all im trying say is don't hate on the stangs even though i personaly will pick a camaro over a stang any day cuz z28 and ss are just to fast and powerfull for how much u can get them for (my friends z28 i told u guys about he got it for 12,500 w/ 18,000 miles pretty good deal huh) so all in all camaro's are faster than mustangs but i say chevy guys and ford guys need to come together and just start whoopin on all these damn asian inline 4's cuz nobody likes imports...

My car 65 stang best et 13.2 (pretty weak) gonna get a 02' z28

American cars rule

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TeamVaiIllusionsTT</i>
    <b>THE NEW MUSTANG COBRA IS GOING TO HAVE 390 HORSES, AND RUN 12 SECOND 1/4 MILES.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Yes, we know...remember this was thread posted late in 2001 before anyone knew about the '03 Cobra.<!-- Signature -->

9. #134 2000LS1, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 2000LS1</i>

Oh yeah. On 91 octane too...no race fuel or anything!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    That's insane...forget my Camaro...I'm gettin a Mustang and sending it to this guy! <!-- Signature -->