Re: Mustangs ummmmm.

Discussion in '2000 Ford Saleen Mustang S-281' started by Vegas7529, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Mustangs ummmmm.

Mustangs aren't that great of a car. Dont get me wrong. American muscle( some what) classic name. But they cost too much and look too mean for what they dont deliver. and when u can get awesome performance u pay 40,000 to 50,000 bucks. I just think that for an american classic they should be as feared as their older bros the boss 429's, 302's, the mach 1's, or the mach 's. the GT 500s. Thats what i would love to see. Iam not the greatest mustang fan. i actually hate them b/c their owners are soo cocky over nothing. but when i see an older mustang drive down the road my jaw drops. they are american muscle.

2. they>? this is a mustang,
    You must Respect that the Stang is still the origanal stang, just has more power, and its updated, Your belifes are your own opinion, But how can you not say this car is not good? its still pumping out good horsepower, Plus dont forget about the S7, that has its stang roots too! Mustangs will live forever, and everyone is cocky about the car they own, u got to admit that, its not just stangs, its EVERY car, why do u think theres so many arguments in these forums?
    I never make fun of any car, (maybee just the people who drive them)
    Every car has its purpose, (well, sortof)
    I hate those kids on these forums, who just lie lie lie
    oh yea, dont say "this car sucks" or any bullshit in the end.
    Cause who are u goin to #$%#, the car, or the girl?
    <!-- Signature -->

3. If you want an american car, for the drag strip get a shelby 427, otherwise your just wasting your time, unless of course you have supra written on the back of your car!

4. sorry, but a stock Mustang could smoke a stock Supra.No offense, I love Supras, i just dont think they're better than a mustang, at least not without a few adjustments:)

I used to HATE mustangs too, but then once I got to drive one, i gained a whole new respect for them. Oh, by the way, does anyone know when and what the first stang was?<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from S7-311</i>
    <b>sorry, but a stock Mustang could smoke a stock Supra.No offense, I love Supras, i just dont think they're better than a mustang, at least not without a few adjustments:)

I used to HATE mustangs too, but then once I got to drive one, i gained a whole new respect for them. Oh, by the way, does anyone know when and what the first stang was?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It was 1965. But since it was in the middle of the 1964 model year of cars, the first mustangs are called 1964 1/2s.<!-- Signature -->

6. sweet, thanks<!-- Signature -->

7. Very good hoseman. when I read the question I didnt think anybody had the smarts to come up with the correct answer!

8. i like this car it has a nice paint and awesome performances!

9. 281 E

The new Saleen 281E
    281 Cubic In.(4.6L) 2V SOHC V-8 Engine

Horsepower - 425hp

look for quarter mile times in the low 12's and 0-60 times around 4.0 seconds

10. The first mustang accually came out half way throught the 1964 model year. The year they gave it was 1964 1/2.

11. Re: 281 E

NICE!

12. Re: 281 E

Wow! very nice

13. In response to the ridicuulous quote from s7-311 about a stock Mustang being able to 'smoke' a Supra . Yes thats right but the stock Supra has been limited to 276hp by Japanese Government Legislation. Does the Mustang have this same restriction? Besides even a highly modified supra aint that fast, RWD just aint how you get enormous amounts of power to the street.

14. RWD is not a good way to get power to the street? Go tell that to the nascar and champ car drivers.

15. Horribly, disgustingly, absurdely WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needs 50% more HP.

16. Re: Horribly, disgustingly, absurdely WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dudes, the new one, I hate mustangs, has like, I hate mustangs, 425bhp. I hate Rustangs.

17. Re: Horribly, disgustingly, absurdely WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You two love the cock right?

18. Re: Horribly, disgustingly, absurdely WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

19. Re: Horribly, disgustingly, absurdely WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they love huge dicks slapping thier tender faces.

20. Re: Horribly, disgustingly, absurdely WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a joke right

more horsepower on a car with 350 hp thats only 29,000?

21. Re: Horribly, disgustingly, absurdely WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no...its not lol

22. Re: Horribly, disgustingly, absurdely WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not bad for a car thats less than $30,000. And the fact that its S-charged leaves ALOT of room for improvement. Simply replace the blower pulleys and get more PSI to increase hp by a substantial amount.

23. Re: 281 E

S-281E is soooooo awesome.
    My neighbor has a yellow one.

24. they sux!! wannabe viper

25. the intellignece of some people is stunning