Re: My S2000 beats any car.

Discussion in '2000 Honda S2000' started by VR4, Aug 9, 2002.

1. No, you're actually wrong. Yes, torque and HP are equal at 5252 RPM. Since all your Japanese car (VTEC comes to mind) make peak HP much above that, what does that tell you? You torque has well fallen off by then.

And yes, torque is more important. Torque all comes down to the amount of turning force at the crankshaft, which, if I remember correctly, is what engines use to make HP, right?

The physics of engines are too complex for you to argue except that it all comes down to this: with greater displacement, the engine doesn't need to work as hard to turn the crank, for the engine is compressing mor air/gas mixture per stroke (or 4 strokes, rather).

And don't come back with that "HP/Liter" again - since it takes 4 times the energy to make twice the power. Oh, and American cars invented VTEC 50 years ago, except we use it to make power throughout the entire RPM band (off-idle to redline). Too little, too late.

2. Sorry, I got the numbers wrong. I knew it had two 5s and two 2's. For acceleration I would have to say Yes torque matters more. For top speed, you can have all the torque in the world, but your engine only moves so fast, it may be strong and able to pull a skyscraper, but its going to do it slowly. For the quarter, I would say torque matters more, it will increase your speed faster, but your speed range will not be as high. For a mile, its a different story, the car with the faster engine will most likely over take the car with the slower one, even though the slower car will get to its top speed a hella lot faster.

My point is you have to balance torque and hp, you don't want a car that has so much torque that it has a top speed of 80 miles an hour, while it gets to 60 in 4 sec. While car B has a top speed of 120 and gets to 60 in 6. Car B will most likely win the 1/4, just because it makes it up in the end. It takes balance.

3. PS, Your preaching to the chior about HP per liter. That arguement sickness me. I totally agree with you about the displacement of an engine.

FYI I am a Domestic fan through and through, theres a few Japanese cars I respect but none I would own. I know there is no replacement for displacement when it comes to acceleration, but you still need HP to make your torque go faster.

One last thing............The Hemi 'Cuda rules the 1/4. :p

4. Every car has a fualt and for domes alot of times its more than 1. big cars of the 60's and 70's were fast in a line but couldn't steer for crap, and couldn't stop, and to top it off (this is a fact) they guzzled gas. Thats a reason imports became so popular. Yes if honda put 5.7 liters into any engine i bet that it would spank any car in its CLASS. and about this.<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from buzzbomber</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Richs72Goat</i>
    <b>My friend and I were messing around one night and this guy in a MODIFIED S-2000 tries to race us. We kick his ass - in a 1967 Ford
    F-100 pickup. We smoked him!! My friend has less than $2000 in his whole truck ($3000 if you include his bad-ass system), INCLUDING the truck. A 180,000 mile 360 BB w/ Performer RPM Intake, Edelbrock 750 cfm Carb, Crane Cam and that's it. Fmx-180 Tranny, even. That guy was pissed...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That is a bunch of cow shit.
    #1 how do you know it was modifed?

#2 stock it can kill that pice of crap truck

#3 if it was suped up it would kill you

#4 how do you know if the guy was racing?

#5 how could you tell if he was pissed if you burned him you would be gone, so how could you tell the emotions on his face, i thought you were long gone?

#6 how much hp does this piece of crap pickup have?

#7 how much did he pay for the parts of the truck?

#8 did you steal the parts?

#9 is your fried a dumb ass? he must be if he put a system in a crappy truck

#10 you can't even tell a lie right

so there you have it.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Iceman00</i>
    <b>Every car has a fualt and for domes alot of times its more than 1. big cars of the 60's and 70's were fast in a line but couldn't steer for crap, and couldn't stop, and to top it off (this is a fact) they guzzled gas. Thats a reason imports became so popular. Yes if honda put 5.7 liters into any engine i bet that it would spank any car in its CLASS. and about this.<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote>
    and what you forget iceman is that a majority of us that drive domes drive new ones which im sure is sumthing you cant compreheand however the new one not only go fast straight but in most cases they can out corner your imports for instance some new mustangs can out corner this so it looks to me like all your arguements as to why imports are better then domes are running out you say better gas milage not that true anymore better turning still wrong and who cares about weight as long as you got torque<!-- Signature -->

6. I can name a jap car that you cant beat, and its a production car so put it agiast a production car, not a tuned one. Nissan R390 GT1. and here is a tuned one to campare ageints Escudo Pikes Peak or a blitz skyline.
    yes i am aware of that but domes still are not great economy cars and if they were limited to 280hp they wouldn't do so hot. also today that is true about dome cars. There made for a line can't stop and can't turn. Japs are good at what they do, make cars fast and cars that can turn.End of story. alos what kind of dumb comment s that about a vtech there not even in the same class. Elite talks and he makes sence you talk out of your ass. let me get you a spoon so you can eat out of it to. and i'm not one for making fun of people but sometime you need it. as far as i care your all cool just dumb some times.

7. Ice Faggot - you are just a MORON, I don't even want to school you, it's not even worth the effort. The GT1 is a racecar, correct? And American cars can't handle, huh? That's why the two best handling cars IN THE WORLD right now are American. As for that truck, it's Chris Fulwylers, Richard (Richs72Goat) and I grew up with him. I raced that truck when my 'Stang was running very low 14's, and beat him by half a carlength (trucklength?). If I'm right, this thing does high 14's. As for Richard, he knows so much more about cars and engines than you, I can't wait until he shows your ass what's up.

Jadoch - You make a good point, and you're right about the hemi cuda. Even to go fast, you still need torque, it allows you to have higher-RPM HP.

8. You #%$got!! I just got done saying what was done to my friends truck. And the plastic S-2000 had an aftermarket hood and wheels. I don't know about rice #%$gots, but when we put aftermarket hoods on, it's to cover aftermarket equipment. How did I know I was racing? I've been racing since I was 15, shithead: when two cars end up at a stoplight, rev their motors, burnout and end up going 85 on a public street, that's a race, last time I checked. And who's more stupid: my friend for putting a badass system in a truck so old he had to put the subs on the floor because the gas tank's behind the seat, or some #%$ thinking his $40,000 Japanese sports car with a shitty 2-liter weedwhacker motor and 18" rims on tires too hard to launch and with a shitty mini driveline ready to snap under anything more than a punitive 240 HP can street race? And HOW THE **** should we know how much HP my friend's bigblock is putting out?? Do you think I dynotest my motorcycle?? I refuse to lower myself to the level of the riceburner and speculate. I do know that the 360 Big Block in his truck has enough power to beat your shitty plastic sports car here, and next time you call someone a liar, you better have more to back it up than "why would he put a system in an old truck?" Faggot.

9. I apologize: this is $30,000 car.

I could tell he was pissed because when we slowed down and he caught up to us, he was frowning and we were laughing at him, until he turned off sharply.

A supercharger for this car: $5000
    A supercharger for a '67 Ford: $2000
    A header for this car: $700
    A header the truck: $200

It is cheaper to work on an American car. Oh, and how about this:

Gain w/ a header for this car: 4 hp, 1 ft/lb at best
    Gain w/ a header for a Ford 360 BB: aprox. 45 hp, 30 ft/lb

BrownDoggie has a ricer mag w/ all this shit in it, I don't read all that plastic car shit. Imports will never match American cars - or trucks, in this case.

10. your all full of shit. This is a great car a work of modern technology. How many dome 4cyl cars (stock and non turbo, production) get over 200hp? as of your story that is a bunch of shit you said it was tuned. stock it could kick yopur ass. why do you come to these message bords? if you hate the car then forget about it and leave it alone. Your just mad that the S2000 is a better car then half the cars we have here in the US. There is not one 4cyl dome car that can beat this car stock, there is not one 6cyl (stock non turbo) that can beat this car. and this car does the 1/4 in the 14's and thats with a 4cyl you can't even do it with a 6 cyl. so lets recap japs 4cl's beat dome 4cyls and dome 6cyls and dome 6cyls beat dome 8 and 10cyls.

11. Show me a Domestic 4 that cost over 30K.

12. #62 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Some more info about the R390 here:
    http://www.webtick.com/igorsush/r390.htm

And here:
    http://www.nissannews.com/nissan/pr_events/1999/detroit5/r390/

It looks like only ONE R390 road car has ever been built. Hardly a "production" car. And its stats aren't really too impressive, for $1M.

0-60: 3.9
    1/4 mile: 11.9
    Top Speed: "approaches 200 mph (limited to 168 mph on the street version)"

Yes, the Dodge Viper is only a tick off the pace. But it sure as hell doesn't cost anywhere near $1M:
    http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars_trucks/1999/7/comparison_test_13_quickest_cars/index15.phtml

13. Allright, you piece of shit, you're getting on my nerves. I never said I hated this car. I never ONCE said the truck was stock - it has a 750 CFM carb, Performer RPM intake, Crane cam and 295 tires. This car does high 14's - what the #$%# are you repeating this for? I said that earlier. You've never been out street racing, have you asshole? This car ain't shit. So it's got VTEC - you don't even know what the #$%# that means. Go look at the '91 Dodge Spirit R/T - piece of shit car from the early 90's, American, beats this car, w/ a 2.4 L 4-banger. They made a Mustang w/ a V-6 that does 13.8. Yeah, that truck had VTEC, too - it's called VACUUM ADVANCE and it costs $0.50 worth of rubber hose. Dumbass.

14. in Road and Track's test of the Henessy venom, (driven by Mario Andretti in the test) it caught on fire, and was thus eliminated from the competition. a car, even you will admit, is not much use when on fire. i have no respect for that car. try again. 1.04gs on the skidpad? who cares? it is still a big American POS, as shown in the test. Henessy had done so much to the cheaply made engine that it could not handle it. besides, if you have ever driven a car in a race that was not in a straight line, you'll know that the g's a car can pull are hardly a testament to how fast it is around a track.

15. Richs72Goat needs a shrink. Perhaps that will help him get to the true source of his anger, because I do not believe it is possible to get that angry about a car tha you "beat" in a race. what made you think it was plastic? what header were you talking about, because the header i put on my S2k certainly gets more than 4hp - at least 10. you've been racing since you were racing since you were 15? in American truck? i suggest you stop that before you get hurt - if your intellect reflects your comments that is very likely.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from funkadelicpyro</i>
    <b>in Road and Track's test of the Henessy venom, (driven by Mario Andretti in the test) it caught on fire, and was thus eliminated from the competition. a car, even you will admit, is not much use when on fire. i have no respect for that car. try again. 1.04gs on the skidpad? who cares? it is still a big American POS, as shown in the test. Henessy had done so much to the cheaply made engine that it could not handle it. besides, if you have ever driven a car in a race that was not in a straight line, you'll know that the g's a car can pull are hardly a testament to how fast it is around a track.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    And what year was that Andretti article from? Way back in the early days of tuning Vipers, there were problems, no doubt as with any car. But TNT's 777 King Snake Viper (daily driven by Roy Terpstra) is testament that it's not impossible to reliably tune one of these things. And Hennessey now offers a warranty as competitive or better than most tuners, short of Steve Dinan's BMW's.

Go look at the Viper's cornering speeds below, it shows that its skidpad performance often does translate to the racetrack. And in the SportAuto figures, the detuned Viper hangs on well to the 360 Modena, only 1 second behind at Nurburgring, despite a 300-lb disadvantage and no ABS. Trap speeds at Dottinger Hohe bear out what a turd the UK-spec Viper really is. Cornering speeds are pretty close with the 360 coming out ahead in most corners. But this has to do as much with brakes as cornering grip: the Viper's braking at Hockenheim's Ameisenkurve is atrocious (9.2 m/s^2 vs 11.0 for the Modena).

That Viper had no ABS. Imagine what a full 450-hp US-spec Viper with ABS (now standard) might do. A Venom 650R was tested around Chrysler's proving ground, with little practice by the driver and a passenger on board. It cut its time by over a second from the standard Viper GTS with no passenger, and much more practice from the driver.

17. Rich races a GTO that would make you shit your pants. Other than that, Guibo pretty much said it all. And I don't know about this car, but I have a Ricer mag ("Honda Tuner," Feb '01) that compares 6 headers on an Si and gets 4 HP, 1 Ft/Lb at best. As for your car, I don't listen to "I gained at least 10 HP" crap, I read dyno sheets. And with an American car, you can gain 45 frickin horses with a pair of headers, and it costs 1/2 as much as an import's one header. So really, 10's not that impressive.

18. theres no substitution for cubic inches *****.....so take your cute little s2000 and #$%# yourself with it...and leave the racin to the big boys, with real toys...

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from snuffaluf#%$us</i>
    <b>theres no substitution for cubic inches *****.....so take your cute little s2000 and #$%# yourself with it...and leave the racin to the big boys, with real toys...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->oh...it all makes sense now. i guess i should go make a 10000 ci engine then? right?<!-- Signature -->

20. If you do, please show me. That'd be cool.

21. The part that I missed to my little rant was this:

1991 Honda CRX Si
    B16a Engine swap
    349 Horsepower with 340 Lb/Ft of torque.
    That has VTEC; yet, wait a second has almost as much torque as Hp; so, what was this about not getting torque out of a jap motor?

By the way, my friend who built this car, forgot to install a turbocharger, supercharger, or NOS thank you very much!!!<!-- Signature -->

22. Let's see the link to this car. Dyno chart, please.

23. B16A, isn't that the engine w/ only one camshaft? If you think VTEC makes an engine fast, you're as taken as everyone else by Honda - it doesn't mean shit. You don't even know what it means. As for that car... if it does make that output, it's an impressive NA 4-banger, that's for sure. But please list some modifications... since a B16A engine makes 105.6 HP stock.

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BrownDoggie</i>
    <b>B16A, isn't that the engine w/ only one camshaft? If you think VTEC makes an engine fast, you're as taken as everyone else by Honda - it doesn't mean shit. You don't even know what it means. As for that car... if it does make that output, it's an impressive NA 4-banger, that's for sure. But please list some modifications... since a B16A engine makes 105.6 HP stock.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

BrownDoggie,
    Dont' bother asking because we all know he's full of it. <!-- Signature -->

25. Varible Timing Electronic Control. I think thats the name anyways. But most modern fuel inject engines have something similar to VTEC.

Thats just off the top of my head. Oh, and put a huge displacement in a roadster and you get an AC Cobra. Which is a legend. So why not?