Re: My S2000 beats any car.

Discussion in '2000 Honda S2000' started by VR4, Aug 9, 2002.

1. We beat an S2000 in an almost stock '67 Ford; the driver didn't seem to lulled in the fact that the truck was "all about rust and big noises."

I drive a 72 GTO. **** yeah, it's loud. It's got a '95 Viper GT Red paint job. It sits real low... and looks damn good. When you're pushing exhaust through flowies, you make noise - that's called "high performance."

What about rice rockets and there "noise?" Fucking farting everywhere. I have several Japanese friends - it's not them I don't like. It's the cars. And yes, I'm a beaner - so what the #$%# is your problem?

You buy an S2000 to go fast - don't kid yourself. And you waste your money.

2. Please lets not even start on Gas mileage. The new z06 gets better gas mileage than the 2001 NSX. Does that mean it is more efficient, it uses less gas per liter per mile. But we all know that it doesn't really matter when you floor it.

I love the sound of old V8's with low compression. I can watch Bullit over and over again waiting to hear the rumble of the charger. But thats all personal taste.

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BrownDoggie</i>
    <b>That's funny, boys... since Richard is Mexican. Man, you just have a dumbass way of trying to bring people down, don't you?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    What are you talking about? Are you saying that because he's Mexican it's ok to call Hondas "kamakazi trash?"

By the way, I like old muscle cars. They <i>are</i> noisy and have awful smelling fumes, and they really do rust. I'm serious about them kicking ass on the drag strip, too. There's no limit to what you can do to them because no matter what they'll still pass the 1974 emission test. That's why a Charger with $10,000 in mods will kill a $10,000 modded Civic, Integra, Eclipse...you name it.

You guys have me pinned as an Anti-American or something, when I'm really not. Japanese cars have their place (they absolutely dominate the passenger car market) and American cars are good for some things too, like bringing big-displacement engines to the market for cheap. The base Mustang costs as much as a Civic EX and would destroy it in any performance test. I LIKE 'EM BOTH.<!-- Signature -->

4. Any car will rust if it not taken care of, and if an old car smells bad, it means that the carburetor isn't properly tuned.

5. What a about a Delorean? It will take some time to rust that.

6. Any car will rust (exept one made from stainless steel like a Bently or plastic like a Saturn), but new cars don't have rust on them. I'm not saying that only American cars rust, just that old American cars often do have rust, especially in New England, where I'm from. So do old European cars and old Japanese cars. Also, the emissions from any old car, no matter how pristine or well-tuned will always be greater than those from a new car. Tuning the carburator will help, but you also would need to add a few catalytic converters and more precise valve timing to really clean up the exhaust.

You're right, Deloreans don't rust often, but they do get this weird fungus that grows between the stainless steel and the finish. It turns the car green, then the finish turns white, gets brittle and cracks. Then you have to totally refinish the car. You see it all the time. Deloreans are surprisingly consistently priced at about $25,000, but every once in a while there's one for like $18,000. They advertise things like no accidents and no rust, and they always talk about what a classic the car is, history-making and all that crap. What they don't say is that the fungus (maybe it's algae or anaerobic bacteria, I don't remember) has started growning and they want to get rid of the car before it's too late to pass it off as "like new" to someone who doesn't know any better. That wasn't meant to disprove your point or anything, I just thought it was cool.<!-- Signature -->

7. I didn't know that, they grow fungus. I personal love the look of the Delorean and the stainless steel. One of the few "exotic" looking cars that I like the look of. Once when I saw one in a parking lot though during the summer in Central Cali, I made the mistake of touching it. The cook, I bet the AC has to work over time. If I had the $$$ I would get one and put a Turbo Charged Northstar in it. OK, I am in one of my car land fantasies again..................

8. Speaking of a turbocharged Northstar, have you heard of the Mosler Twinstar? It's a two-engined sedan with something like 400hp to all four wheels. They claim "real-world" accelerations of 0-60 in 4.5s. Not bad for a big car. Instead of a center differential, there's just a throttle computer that controlls both engines simultaneously. Pretty cool. It's made by the same guy that makes the MT900 and the Raptor.<!-- Signature -->

9. there are way too many posts in this place holy cow. um. well..the S2000 is my favorite Honda. i think it would be cool. to have one. <!-- Signature -->

10. I agree with the guy that said a viper could kick the crap out of your s2000

11. My S2000 Beats your car.

Hello.
    None of you are qualified to talk about S2000s like that. Its just disrespectful. Just because it produces more power than your cars, and can out handle them in its stock form doesn't mean you have to me rude. And it does make more power than yours...check this: S2000(stock)=120HP Per liter of displacement. 500HP mustang=106HP per liter of displacement. And thats based on the idea that a stock mustang is capable of making 500hp. which there not. I know this because my friend has a mustang sporting 768hp, and he had to rebuild the whole block to do it. Also, to wet your panties, look at this, if the S2000 had a 5.7 liter engine(size of the Corvette's LS-1) it would produce 712hp, normally aspriated, haha, so. Don't argue, Japan has the technology, America has...let's see...oh yeah...really big engines...haha.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: My S2000 Beats your car.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IS300andS2000</i>
    <b>Hello.
    None of you are qualified to talk about S2000s like that. Its just disrespectful. Just because it produces more power than your cars, and can out handle them in its stock form doesn't mean you have to me rude. And it does make more power than yours...check this: S2000(stock)=120HP Per liter of displacement. 500HP mustang=106HP per liter of displacement. And thats based on the idea that a stock mustang is capable of making 500hp. which there not. I know this because my friend has a mustang sporting 768hp, and he had to rebuild the whole block to do it. Also, to wet your panties, look at this, if the S2000 had a 5.7 liter engine(size of the Corvette's LS-1) it would produce 712hp, normally aspriated, haha, so. Don't argue, Japan has the technology, America has...let's see...oh yeah...really big engines...haha.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

it is pretty obvious that you don't really understand the dynamics of auto engines... read the tech section a little and learn something please.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: My S2000 Beats your car.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IS300andS2000</i>
    <b>Hello.
    None of you are qualified to talk about S2000s like that. Its just disrespectful. Just because it produces more power than your cars, and can out handle them in its stock form doesn't mean you have to me rude. And it does make more power than yours...check this: S2000(stock)=120HP Per liter of displacement. 500HP mustang=106HP per liter of displacement. And thats based on the idea that a stock mustang is capable of making 500hp. which there not. I know this because my friend has a mustang sporting 768hp, and he had to rebuild the whole block to do it. Also, to wet your panties, look at this, if the S2000 had a 5.7 liter engine(size of the Corvette's LS-1) it would produce 712hp, normally aspriated, haha, so. Don't argue, Japan has the technology, America has...let's see...oh yeah...really big engines...haha.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh, am I going to have fun with this one!

1: Who cares if you have 120HP per liter, you still only have 2 liters

2: Your "if" it were a 5.7 liter engine comment- HAHAHAHA! a: IF my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. It doesn't have 5.7 liters. b: You have no idea WTF you're talking about. The only reason for the high horse power per liter is because it has high RPMs. HP= (torque x RPM) divided by 5252. IT STILL HAS DICK FOR TORQUE, IT'S JUST HIGHER ON THE RPM BAND. It's much easier to rev out a small engine to 8000 RPM than it is a large V8. If you really think you can just enlarge the same engine design to 5.7 liters and have 700 horse power you are truly lost!

3: Did I mention the S2000 has dick for torque?

4: Really, tell me what's so "high tech" about Honda engines. V-TEC? Oooo Look out! Variable timing! Many car makers use some form of variable timing, GM just to name one. A little I4 DOHC engine? Invented in the 20s. You call American engines low tech, and the only thing you have to base that on is a higher displacement. You're pretty fxcking stupid if you think just because an engine is large, that it's low tech.
    <!-- Signature -->

14. I agree, my dad has a z06 and iv got a supra, mine when i first got it (before mods) would have blown him off the road. rice burners some of u say? thats y they are much easier to modify. i'm not rich either i bought my supra from my neighbour and he never drove it. now with 1 turbo (isamu turbo), 726, iv got sustec suspension pro ss, neuspeed crossed drilled brake rotors, neuspeed struts & sways, lightweight cam gears T-6061, DC cat-back exaust, turbo x blow-off valves, ice man cool air intank, heat shield air filter, JWT clutch, thermo wrap turbo kit, racing downpipes, GT wing. those r some of my upgrades

15. Re: My S2000 Beats your car.

<b>Hello.

My favorite part is right at the beginning: "None of you are qualified to talk about S2000s like that."
    What the hell do you know? All you've proven about yourself is that your name has S2000 in it and that you can divide, and you start off by insulting everyone else's knowledge and experience. So maybe you have an S2000 or maybe you wish you had one, and maybe you passed 4th grade math. I'm not impressed. I agree with some of what you say, but the rest is just whining rhetoric and the ricer party line.

Anyone who knows physics, engineering of any kind, or cars at all knows that making a 5L engine that gets the kind of power/displacement efficiency that the S2000 gets is damn hard. If it wasn't, why doesn't the M5 get 600hp? Why doesn't the 911 Carrera get 400hp? Ferrari comes close with the V8 in the 360M, but that engine is HUGE (not in displacement, but in actual size in the engine bay). Saying that the Americans are schmucks because they can't do something that the Japanese won't even attempt is presumptuous. Also, Sean is right, the only reason the S2k has 240 hp is because they designed the engine to rev so high. The 9000rpm redline is pretty impressive, and it's there, if anywhere, that the S2000's advantage over muscle cars lies. It's a precision engine, but it's not a truly powerful engine. That's why it gets so much horsepower but so little torque.

The S2000 probably could outhandle any American car, maybe even the Z06. The problem is that, in a race, you need to accelerate out of corners. To corner well and accelerate, you need torque, which this car doesn't have. So even if the Honda could take the turn better, the Z06 would beat it starting right after they both apexed the turn, as soon as they stomped on the gas again. Even on your average twisty road this makes a difference, and the S2000 would have a hell of a time keeping up with a Z06 or even a Mustang. Torque is everything; horsepower is something car dealers use to sell cars to 45-year olds looking for a thrill and something that kids use to impress their friends.

Personally, I like the S2000 because it is so precise. The shifter, the throttle, the steering, and the beauty of the engine design appeal to me, but it's more or less a novelty car that performs fairly well. Fairly well, but not as well as a car with more displacement.<!-- Signature -->

16. I think the S2000 is an awsome little car for what it does. It handles well. It accelerates not so much, unless you rev it and keep it in the 7000+ RPMs. It will out handle almost any American Car, but if you want to compare roadsters the US (and part british) have one of the best ever made, it had power plus a small light weight. I know its an unfair comparison, but it is the closest American car in its class. (If you don't know what car I am talking about, get off this board. J/K) There aren't to many american roadsters out there to compare this to. In the 1/4 though, I would go Domestic all the way.

Oh, about the stock supra beating the Z06, I find that very unlikely. It sounds like traditional "rice-boy" talk. Do you know how heavy a stock Supra is, a Mustang is lighter than one. The Z06 gets better HP stock, N/A, is lighter, and has larger rear wheels.

17. Re: My S2000 beats your car.

Passed 4th grade? I'm 21, im in college, and i own an S2000. On top of that, i own a mercedes AMG ML55, and a Lexus IS300. I drove the S2000 as a daily driver for 6 months. I am qualified to talk about this car. I have an HKS exaust, comptech strut bars, and small cosmetic touches. Most of you can't really understand, but, if you drive a mustang, any mustang, then get in an S2000, it will leave a good impression. Everything is more precise. By the way, i had a Camaro Z28, and an Impala SS(when they had the LS1 in them). I dont hate large displacement american engines, i just dont care to own another one, since the gas bill was almost more than the car, after a few years. So, if you havent driven an S2000, you have no right to diss it. My S2000 runs a 13.7, i've beaten a few corvettes, and mustangs, in fact, the only car that ever beat me, was a porsche carerra. Ok, im done, you can find some stupid way to make fun of me again.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: My S2000 beats your car.

"My S2000 runs a 13.7"

bullshxt <!-- Signature -->

19. Quote from SeansVette:
    "My S2000 runs a 13.7"

bullshxt

HAHAHA looks, "seansvette" got mad, because my Honda is faster than his corvette. I bet it doesnt have a TV in it either.<!-- Signature -->

20. Alot depends on the driver when racing. I have beat an S2000 in an Old 77 El Caminio stock (except the rear wheels). The guy wasn't to happy, it was brand new right off the lot. Of course I have seen alot better drivers, and the El Caminio was pushed to the limit of its red line, but I still beat him. (He wasn't Reving nearly as high as he needed to be) What does this prove, nothing. Given a few more runs he could have beaten me.

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IS300andS2000</i>
    <b>Quote from SeansVette:
    "My S2000 runs a 13.7"

bullshxt

HAHAHA looks, "seansvette" got mad, because my Honda is faster than his corvette. I bet it doesnt have a TV in it either.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Please tell me you're joking. My Vette is bone stock and does LOW 13s in the 1/4 mile. Your lawnmower does mid 14s (at best) stock. Anyone can post any BS numbers on the board. But the difference is the numbers I'm posting are actually believable.

PS: It's a good thing you put a TV in your car so you won't get bored while you're going put-put to the finish line.

<!-- Signature -->

22. Ok now i will whoop N E 1 of you guys on this message board I got a 2001 ZO6 Corvette Supercharged! JUST BRING IT!

VC Racers & Street CHAOSE rule the streets!

23. Re: My S2000 beats your car.

<b>Passed 4th grade? I'm 21, im in college, and i own an S2000. On top of that, i own a mercedes AMG ML55, and a Lexus IS300. I drove the S2000 as a daily driver for 6 months. I am qualified to talk about this car. I have an HKS exaust, comptech strut bars, and small cosmetic touches. Most of you can't really understand, but, if you drive a mustang, any mustang, then get in an S2000, it will leave a good impression. Everything is more precise. By the way, i had a Camaro Z28, and an Impala SS(when they had the LS1 in them). I dont hate large displacement american engines, i just dont care to own another one, since the gas bill was almost more than the car, after a few years. So, if you havent driven an S2000, you have no right to diss it. My S2000 runs a 13.7, i've beaten a few corvettes, and mustangs, in fact, the only car that ever beat me, was a porsche carerra. Ok, im done, you can find some stupid way to make fun of me again.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Now we're getting somewhere; you were just ranting last time. I have no trouble believing the 13.7s 1/4mi. because all of the numbers from the factory are hokey. Mid 14's are achieved by professional drivers dumbing themselves down to produce numbers that the average guy with a lead foot can get. Hondas are known for that. The factory 0-60 time for my car is 9.2 secs. I have no problem doing it in closer to 8 flat. No mods. Nine year old car. The S2000 is faster than people think because the numbers Honda puts out are bad.

Is the IS300 the new stick version or the older one with the crappy auto? SportCross? There are only two mercedes that I would ever buy, the ML55 and the S55, because all the others have a superior Audi or BMW equivalent. So, because I'm sure that you were seeking it, I give you my approval of your choice of cars.<!-- Signature -->

24. My IS300 is the 2002 stick version, non sport-cross, i dont like driving automatics, the ML55 is the only automatic i will drive. Simply because its got 342hp, and sh*tloads of torque. The only other mercedes i would buy is the new SL55 AMG, rumors say they supercharging the ML55 engine, bringing it to around 450hp, and over 500 ft/lbs of torque. I prefer BMWs actually, they have a manual transmission option, and are generally more sporty. Anyway, on my lexus, i have a carbon fiber hood, eibach springs, 2 12s in the trunk, and other little goodies, im getting a start button, like the S2000 has...its just better that way.

LanciaDelta: Thanks for your approval of my choice of cars. I have a video on my camera of my S2000 running the 13.7, but i cant get it on my computer, and i dont care who believes me. Me and my friends know what it can do, so, i dont care.<!-- Signature -->

25. Are u guys fruckin stupid, the american cars put out large numbers of power, but how does the car look, it TOTALLY, and i mean TOTALLY looks like SHIT. All the cars look so old and shit man, how can u like an american car????