Re: not good enough

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1' started by bigrob, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

This Mustang kicks some serious ass! And the Mustang name is no less legendary (if not more) than the Corvette name.
    So many of you Z06 lover spend endless amounts of time regalling us with the "best bang for the buck" argument, which is only viable in the US. Then you get all defensive when it gets used on you. Why don't you open up your minds for just about ten seconds. The GT40 cost almost twice as much, but will be better. The Mach 1 won't be as good, but costs half as much. Hypocrites...

PS I am only talking to the knee-jerk, logic resistant Chevy fans.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mustangkiller2002</i>
    <b>All you Ford punks should shut up with this shit about the Mach 1 being better than the ZO6 because of price! These are the reasons The ZO6 is more expensive,

Bigger engine

105 more horsepower

very nice interior (ex. full leater dashboard, H.u.d.- all you 2002 ZO6 owners know what im talkin' bout'!)

legendary

etc.( to much stuff to list!)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Who do you think you are stealin my signature???
    lol!!!!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Tickford5400</i>
    <b>Some poeple on here are stupid. They compare the Z06 to cars teice as expensive as it and say "it's better becasue it's cheaper". But when it loses they say "Z06 isnt even in the same class".

Seriously though, about the GT40, I can gurantee you if and when it is released, it will be definately be compared to Viper and Corvette. Viper by the way, the ACR costs like 80,000 US which is alot more than the Vette, but still it's closest market competitor. If GT40 costs 100,000 then whats the problem then?

GT40 better be good though, I read Corvette will get a 7 litre engine with 500hp and the Viper is getting an 8.3 litre v10 with over 500hp. All I can say is wow.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Okay, if all you Ford fans say that the Mustang isnt even in the Vette's class then why are you always comparing those cars to each other?

I mean basiclly, the Corvette and the Mustang are one of the biggest rivals there are. You either hate those cars or you love em.

I dont care about the GT40

All I have to say is FORD FANS YOU BETTER WATCH OUT WHEN THE NEW CORVETTE C6 COMES OUT IN 2004!!!!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

The only fools comparing Mustangs to Z06's are Chevy fans without a clue. Why go accusing the Mustang guys of doing it?

Yes, this will get slaughtered by a Z06 in every way, except maybe luggage capacity.
    No, it does not mean a damn thing.

Yes, people will buy the '40. Know why? Its a great looking, high performance, mid engine machine. It is different from all the other cars on the road. And it is sensibly priced. Whats not to like? I can absolutely see people going for the '40 over say, a 911 turbo, or 360. <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mustangkiller2002</i>
    <b>All you Ford punks should shut up with this shit about the Mach 1 being better than the ZO6 because of price! These are the reasons The ZO6 is more expensive,

Bigger engine

105 more horsepower

very nice interior (ex. full leater dashboard, H.u.d.- all you 2002 ZO6 owners know what im talkin' bout'!)

legendary

etc.( to much stuff to list!)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Point me to the person who said this stang was better than the z06.
    whats that?? nobody said "This car will shit all over the z06" mainly cos, hell i dunno, Ford fans have got perspective? and nobody in their right mind would compare this to a z06 vette, so chevy fans just piss off. No, this car isn't as good as a vette in terms of performance, but it has it beat in that most important aspect for the average driver: Price

6. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 69 MUSTANG</i>
    <b>What are you thinking comparing a z06 to a mustang mach1. Theirs a 100hp difference between them, youre a moron.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

WHO THE HELL SAID I WAS COMPARING THE Z06 TO THIS. I was saying that you cant compare the GT40 to the Z06 1 because it is not even out yet 2 it cost more than $50,000 more than the Z06!!!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

I'm not a ford fan (actually I hate em), but I feel I need to defend the GT40. The viper or vette would be hard pressed to beat this car. I haven't heard the official weight yet, but the original weighed 1000lbs less than the new vettes, and 800lbs less than the viper. I know the new one is a foot longer, but I am guessing the weight to be around 2300lbs-2500lbs which is still a lot lighter than vette or viper, and it has 500hp with 500lbs of torque, plus it's mid engine (which will help greatly with wheel spin, it will eat up the drag strip).

Don't get me wrong, I love the vette alos, the 2002 vette I drove was the funnest drive of my life, but even the Z06 won't hold a candle to the GT40, old or new.

As for the Mustang, it dropped out of my sports car class the day there were more soccer moms driving em than any other type of person who buys mustangs.

8. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

Everybody real quick shut the junk up about comparing the mustang to the z06 or the z06 to the GT40 or your mother to the best ride of my life last night. Here's the point, the Mustang is not a sports car. That's all there is to it. It's an imitation and it's a joke. Compare the GT40 and the Vette later when real numbers are out on the new Vette and the GT40 but until then realize that the mustang is uncomparable with anything accept maybe a matchbox car. I can outrun a Mustang Cobra and I'm a solid 220 lbs. of fat. With 300 horses at almost 3500 lbs. this pony will barely say neigh nevermind giddyup. Ford makes overpriced crap, at least Jap crap is cheap.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

VETTES SUCK, ALWAYS HAVE SUCKED, ALWAYS WILL SUCK

If your gonna stick up for a car, at least stick up for one that doesnt look like its been raped by the ugly stick

its so..........simple
    oh well, simple car for simple people<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

God I hate these new members who come in and shout out all kinds of unsupported bullcrap.

Notice to new members. If you have nothing to spout but unsupported inflammitory bullshit then go somewhere else and stop bothering those of us who have real opinions based on real data. "I can outrun a Mustang on foot!", wow, really informative. I bet it took you all night to think up that one. Maybe if you had something real to say we'd listen to you, but as it is, you have only shown that you don't know an F*ing thing. I don't care if your saying stuff like that about the friggin Yugo or a Kia Rio. Unless you can give some real reasons or at least post an opinion in an eloquent and uninsulting matter, kep it to yourself.<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from USRACING</i>
    <b>The Mustang Mach 1 is no better than the origional Mustang and will still get ripped by the Z06</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Wow you new members never have thing intelligent to say especially when your Chevy fan.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

First Things First, Th Z06 Isnt Even In The Same Class As The Mustang. The Mustag Never Was, And Never Will be in The Same Class As A Z06. Second, By The Time The GT40 Hits The Showroom Floor, The New Vette Will Be Out And Assuming That he TigerSark Concept From The SEMA Show Is he New Vette, The GT40 Wont Even Compare To The Vette. Third, As A Long Time Ford Hater I Give Ford Credit For Making A Decent Stang After The Camaro Dies. Ford Will Still Never Be Able To beat GM, It Just Wont Happen, PERIOD.

Besides, The Car Only Has 300HP. Ooooh Thats A Threatining Number. A WRX or Even The New Lancer Evo VII Could Whomp On This Car (Even With Only 227-275HP!). Ford, You Have Become A Pitifull American Car Company. I Suggest U Take Your Mustang And Focus And Cram Them Down The Throats Of The Europeans And The Asians.

13. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Carrera26</i>
    <b>God I hate these new members who come in and shout out all kinds of unsupported bullcrap.

Notice to new members. If you have nothing to spout but unsupported inflammitory bullshit then go somewhere else and stop bothering those of us who have real opinions based on real data. "I can outrun a Mustang on foot!", wow, really informative. I bet it took you all night to think up that one. Maybe if you had something real to say we'd listen to you, but as it is, you have only shown that you don't know an F*ing thing. I don't care if your saying stuff like that about the friggin Yugo or a Kia Rio. Unless you can give some real reasons or at least post an opinion in an eloquent and uninsulting matter, kep it to yourself.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!

I TOO AM SICK AND TIRED OF THOSE FUCKING NEWBIES WHO GO RUNNING THEIR MOUTHS ON FORUMS WHEN THEY DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT CARS.
    IF YOU'RE GONNA TALK SHIT ABOUT THE ZO6 THE PROVE THAT EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS TRUE.
    IF NOT THEN STAY THE **** OFF THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

WHO THE HELL CHANGED THE TITLE TO MY FORUM???????<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

ok, assuming I'm one of the "newbies" who are getting crap smeared all over our faces, I rescind my comment about outrunning this new stang but at the same time I did mention that 300 hp for a 3500 lb. car just ain't enough to make it anything special. By the way, just because I haven't had hours and hours and hours of my life to waste talking on here about cars doesn't mean I don't know anything about them and who ever said a car enthusiast has to be open minded? not that I'm close minded just wanted to say you can love one type of car and still be an enthusiast. At least I didn't go comparing it to a z06. It's funny that you feel the need to blast me for blasting a car. . .someone's a wee little bit hypocritical<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

hey isn't this the engine in the lincoln aviator, 302hp 302 torque. and why is it that mustang gt have 260horses, and explorers have 240horses, doesn't make much sense to me. and for all those people saying that wrx and mitsu biting this car, ford of europe got 250horse of fucos. and soon to come ford 2L turbo inline 4 with 350hp and allwheel drive. i am not to sure about the engine, but you know it will kick ass, and since its being designed by living legends it should come to north america.

17. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Tickford5400</i>
    <b>Some poeple on here are stupid. They compare the Z06 to cars teice as expensive as it and say "it's better becasue it's cheaper". But when it loses they say "Z06 isnt even in the same class".

Seriously though, about the GT40, I can gurantee you if and when it is released, it will be definately be compared to Viper and Corvette. Viper by the way, the ACR costs like 80,000 US which is alot more than the Vette, but still it's closest market competitor. If GT40 costs 100,000 then whats the problem then?

GT40 better be good though, I read Corvette will get a 7 litre engine with 500hp and the Viper is getting an 8.3 litre v10 with over 500hp. All I can say is wow.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I also heard that Roush (Roush Mustang) is working close with Ford to produce different engine sizes for the GT 40. V8, V10 and V12 engines.

18. Re: YA! IT WAS SHAKEN AFTER IT GOT BURNED BY A ZO6

i find the vette's surfaces to flat, the bonnet needs to be more curved, and the vents on the side need to be bigger
    to me, it just looks like a very dull car........as an example (and no im not going to compare the 2, because yes i do know there not in the same class, and there 2 different cars) this stang is a lot more curved, maybe the vette could do with a wing or something. But im not a car designer, thats my opinion, and if u dont like it, u dont have to. Im not asking u to agree with me and stop loving your vettes, just telling you what i think.
    And yes i may be new, whats your point?
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one
    and this is what forums are for, expressing opinions. If u dont wanna hear my opnion, dont read this. If u dont agree with my opinion, thats not my problem, so deal with it. I find the vette dull, live with it.<!-- Signature -->