Re: NSX vs. VIPER (quality vs. crap?)

Discussion in '2001 Honda NSX-R Concept' started by AnAcOnDa, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from buzzbomber</i>
    <b>nothing is going on...yet. the rumor is 450. even that much is unnecessary. of course, if you want to believe the hype (which i do), 240+240 is 480hp. still, 120 hp/litre. and what the hell is wrong with 112.5 hp/litre, still not blown? </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

if you think combining 2 F20Cs into a 4L V8 is gonna produce *exactly* twice the power, yer dreaming

you have twice as many cylinders, that means twice as much mass to move and twice as much surface contact.. you have more friction and more weight to reverse the direction of...

i would be surprised if said F20C times two V8 made 425 ponies

from my understanding the next iteration of the NSX will have a 4.0L i-VTEC V8 producing ~400HP<!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Turboman</i>
    <b>WHAT IN THE F#CK! MAN A VIPER WOULD SMOKE AN NSX.
    BY THE WAY YOU TALK ABOUT THE REPAIRS,YOU CAN
    PRACTICALLY FIX A DOMESTIC CAR IN YOUR GARAGE IN
    A COUPLE OF HOURS,BUT WITH AN IMPORT YOU NEED TO
    WAIT FOR PARTS[LORD KNOWS THAT TAKES FOREVER].
    THEN YOU HAVE TO FIND SOMEONE WHO IS EXPERIENCED
    IN FIXING IT. NOW I AM NOT SAYING THAT IT IS NOT
    A GREAT CAR BUT YOU CAN'T COMPARE IT TO A GOOD
    OLD AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR FACE IT THIS IS NOT A STINKING
    CIVIC</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    It may be true in North America. But if u have a Viper in Japan, and it breaksdown, U will have to wait for a long time for the parts. And it costs way more to fix it in Japan. <!-- Signature -->

3. Just to settle the who's fastest arguement, I own a new NSX, and I've driven a viper.

The Viper was the faster car. 0 to 60 or 1/4 mile.

How much faster do you need to go?

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from shadowboy</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from buzzbomber</i>
    <b>nothing is going on...yet. the rumor is 450. even that much is unnecessary. of course, if you want to believe the hype (which i do), 240+240 is 480hp. still, 120 hp/litre. and what the hell is wrong with 112.5 hp/litre, still not blown? </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

if you think combining 2 F20Cs into a 4L V8 is gonna produce *exactly* twice the power, yer dreaming

you have twice as many cylinders, that means twice as much mass to move and twice as much surface contact.. you have more friction and more weight to reverse the direction of...

i would be surprised if said F20C times two V8 made 425 ponies

from my understanding the next iteration of the NSX will have a 4.0L i-VTEC V8 producing ~400HP</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> again, the rumor is 450, which is perfectly believable. but what is wrong with 425, even 400? especially in a rather light car with a cD of .30. in its new facelifted form, the top speed is over 180. now thats engineering.<!-- Signature -->

5. well i actually prefer the viper because im a fan of power and reliability it only breaks down if you treat it like a piece of shit

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from kapukane</i>
    <b>well i actually prefer the viper because im a fan of power and reliability it only breaks down if you treat it like a piece of shit</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    But NSX really rarely breaks down no matter how you treat it.<!-- Signature -->

7. I think they are both high quality cars, but just because this guy you asked about info on his Viper said it was crap to him, doesn't mean it would be crap to everyone else! I seriously doubt that over 80% of the people on this forum would rather drive a reliable shitty little civic then a Viper or a Skyline, sure they are different cars but its just like you saying quality vs crap? Both of these cars have been engineered for different purposes.<!-- Signature -->

8. Nsx is better. viper is a pain in the ass. it breaks down more easily and can't handle as well as the NSX. the viper doesn't suck, it's just not up to the competition.

9. Viper just have power.<!-- Signature -->

10. Viper has more torque and power, better traction, runs faster both on straights and in corners. Stock to stock the Viper wins on the track.

11. ok i'll admit the nsx is light fast and expensive but a nsx is the car that very difficult to drive at high speedsa viper is fast a quick but they are but good cars but im all for the viper.

12. #$%# talking about the car this aint no #%$ website you dumb mother#$%#er you wite your shit some where else were you can talk about your #%$ shit.

13. look a nsx has light weight and good horsepower but when you look at it the viper has 440 to 450hp compared to 280 and up hp so when you look at viper better looking than a nsx it has more hp and cheaper. and dont say a nsx is cheaper they range from 60Gs to over 100Gs so dont be wasting time with the nx being good and the viper is a piece of shit.

14. wait, better look? That's your opinion, so put IMO some wheree, but cheaper, well, yeah.
    But Viper have more traction so they take corners faster? I don't think so.<!-- Signature -->

15. is Viper's traction really that good?<!-- Signature -->

16. no.<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Chii</i>
    <b>no.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    that's what I thought
    but the guy above said the viper has more traction and better cornering speed.<!-- Signature -->

18. yeah more than NSX, but handles much worse.
    Viper always spins out.<!-- Signature -->

19. Vipers can be very fast around the corners too if the driver has ENOUGH skill to drive it, which I think none of the people here have<!-- Signature -->

20. not even the rally car drivers.^^<!-- Signature -->

21. Huge

How many Nsx's so u see in le mans. How many Vipers do u see. And u say Vipers cant handle.

Dumb, asses

Jap Cars sucked they were made from Us funding directley after WWII they dont have a right to exist. And the only people who own them are poor pricks.

22. Huge

And another thing what he hell is with those gay cartoons.

23. ... I saw at least three LM NSXs.
    I don't see vipers in almost any races now...<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: Huge

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from slp111</i>
    <b>How many Nsx's so u see in le mans. How many Vipers do u see. And u say Vipers cant handle.

Dumb, asses

Jap Cars sucked they were made from Us funding directley after WWII they dont have a right to exist. And the only people who own them are poor pricks.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I though Honda existed before WWII<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: Huge

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Chii</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from slp111</i>
    <b>How many Nsx's so u see in le mans. How many Vipers do u see. And u say Vipers cant handle.

Dumb, asses

Jap Cars sucked they were made from Us funding directley after WWII they dont have a right to exist. And the only people who own them are poor pricks.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I though Honda existed before WWII</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    People who own Jap cars are poor pricks?
    Can you even afford a Skyline GTR34 M-spec?...or should I ask...any type of GTRs?<!-- Signature -->