Re: one of the best cars in Gran Turismo 3 A-spec

Discussion in '1991 Mazda 787B' started by Vetteboy1997, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fordracing</i>
    <b>top speed dosent mean shit, and anyway, theres a trick to go 800 mph+ with the escudo. theres a lot of stuff you have to do but the main part is take all downforce off the front and put all the downforce on the back. if anyone wants to know how, just replay and ill write out the directions in this forum. it works, ive done it. oh yea, what race do you win the car in? im pretty sure i sold it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So whats the directions?<!-- Signature -->

2. "1. F094/S
    2. F094/H
    3. Toyota GT0ne
    4. Nissan R390 GT1 LM
    5. Mazda 787B"

Naw, the F/094H is overated. If you drove it in the game, you'll see it doesn't corner nearly as fast as the F/094S. The F/090S however is closer to the drivability of the F/094S even though it gets smoked in the long straights. The other F1 cars don't really count for much unless you actually use all of them. For me, I didn't care about collecting cars, so I sold all the F1s except the F/094S and the F/090S. Both have close to 1500 miles by now. I would be biased to rate the R390 over the TS020, but I'm more adept at driving the Nissan.

"The 787B on GT3 sucks, I want you kids to try turning off the Stability control and Traction control for a minute and then see how "good" the car is "

Whatever Bugatti. I used this car to win all the professional arcade races (the hardest computer races in the game). I've used it to beat both the TS020 and the R390 in two player games against local veterans. I never use ASM because it creates understeer and makes cars tend to plow. As for kids, you're an idiot. Everyone I know that plays GT3 are true i-club members, most who drive WRX's and are between the ages of 18 and 40, so shut up.

"oh, and to go infinitly fast, there is a way to break through the wall of the seatle course. . . "

Hehehe, it freezes at 21 million mph. Also, it's very hard to control the car past 150, so getting through the wall took me some 20 or 30 times. I used the R390 first, then the TS020. The TS020 hits 1098 mph on the test track.

Aside from that, it's simply marvel of engineering, the rotary that is. No other NA motor creates that kind of HP/L, not even F1, though the Williams/Renault (correct me here if I'm wrong) in the F/094s driven by Aryton Senna, before his tragic death, comes close. Did you hear how this thing sounds? It's wicked! No car should sound like that. j/k

3. hey, im only 12 and im 89% done...and i NEED to know how to get the RX-7 race car, and the 767... can any tell me???

4. oh, and odes any one here know how do dirt perecty in that game? or is it just me?

5. Hey DarkSaint929!
    Neither the Toyota GT-One, or the R390 won Le Mans. You are very mistaken.
    The GT-One only ran in the '98 and the '99 races. In 1998 the Team Yoest Porsche won, and in 1999 the BMW won with their LMR!
    The R390 ran one year earlier and in 1997, the Team Yoest Porsche one there, as well.<!-- Signature -->

6. "hey, im only 12 and im 89% done...and i NEED to know how to get the RX-7 race car, and the 767... can any tell me??? "

Okay, I'll help ya out. All LM racecars are won in the amateur dream car championship. 12 you say? My brother talks better english that that, but then again, he doesn't know jack about the internet. The 787B can be won by either completing 75% of the game, so you should have it already, or by completing the like the wind competition.

7. oic, thanx... my brother is an ass, so he probly sold it... the thing is, i still havn't got super lisence(i cant spell)...

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from lovinrx7s</i>
    <b>oic, thanx... my brother is an ass, so he probly sold it... the thing is, i still havn't got super lisence(i cant spell)... </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The super liscense is very hard. I got it eventually. What you should
    do is keep running aganist your ghost. Save your faster ghosts and
    keep racing until you have done it. Thats what I did on about all of
    them. And believe you me the last one is hard but its not impossible.
    Also you should look at the demonstrations and try to do what they do.<!-- Signature -->

9. The super liscense is not hard if you JUST want to PASS it.
    Just make sure you stick to the racing line and don't go out of bounds. But getting all gold is a totally different story.

10. This car rules Rotary is so the best idea since the car was invented.

11. Here's a random post for ya. I wonder if you could engine swap the R26B into a miata? That's my spam for today. Good luck with the S-License. Golds really are a pain.

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Paragon Racer</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from marcusmv3</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from marcusmv3</i>
    <b>GT3 was the reason why I asked to add this car.

BTW, according to GT3 its 690HP@9000RPM and Turboed. And it says the displacement is around 2200cc. But GT3 says each of the 4 rotors was 654cc making it a total of 2616cc. Also it says the weight is 830kg.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Oh nevermind, SCNET had the displacement right. But also the torque on GT3 is VERY different: 448.43lb-ft@6500rpm.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Just in case you didn't notice, they called the engine the R-26B bc the 2nd and 3rd generation RX-7's came with a 13B (2 rotors instead of 4 and about 1.3 liters=1300cc) and the R obviously stands for race. Lastly, I am pretty sure the torque on SC.net is wrong just bc of the fact that roteries have never had very much torque.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    on occasion they have equal torque (or a tiny bit less) with their HP at many times.
    I don't know about a high HP scale like this

1989 Turbo II 200HP@6500 196LB/Torque@3500
    1986 GXL (N/A) 146@6500 138LB/Torque@3500
    but the 3rd gen RX-7 has shitty amounts of torque.
    Best guess for this is to look at the 3 rotor carbed racing RX-7, I forget who made it, starts w/ a B i think lol oh well memory has gone to shit<!-- Signature -->

13. B, huh? dunno, maybe Racing Beat? you guys r nut about GT-3 though. I dont have a PS-2, and my PS-1 was stolen about a year ago now. However, there is a GT3 tournament in So. Fla. that i will be entering on Dec 15. I was wondering if anyone here is entering?<!-- Signature -->

14. I was wondering if anyone has the pictures of the other 787B, not with the RENOWN livery or color scheme, but the white one with the blue stripe and white/blue banner, number 18 or number 56. Does anybody have any?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <!-- Signature -->

15. This is not a GT-3 forum!!! Go to gamefaqs.com for the best GT-3 forum. Anyway, I don't think this car's so amazing. To me, the best car ever to win Le Mans is the Porsche 917. If it weren't for GT-3 this car probably wouldn't have any threads.

16. Yeah well, its the only Japanese car to ever win at the 24 Hours of LeMans, and is also powered by a rotor engine. The Porsche 917s were like in the late 1960s, what time are you in man?<!-- Signature -->

17. yeah in the game its one of the best but some of the performance is off by alot

18. could ppl please stop comparing real life cars by how they perform in some silly little computer game?...and i think it should be a criminal offence to quote a performance figure or any technical specification from that game, half of them were made up on the spot methinks.

i'd have to agree that the best car ever to win Le Mans was the porsche 917, amazing cars, the 787 would definitely be up there though, Dr Felix Wankel is my god, best invention ever.

as for the true stats on this car, 2616cc naturally aspirated triple-spark quad-rotor Wankel, 700hp, 448 lbft, 830kg, top speed on the mulsanne straight = not much because of the newly (then) installed chicanes, so about 210mph at the most, 0-60 mayb a mid to high 2 on slicks, standing 1/4 a low 9 taking into account gear ratios, drag, frontal area etc

19. Yeah, I think the 917 still hold the fastest lap too. But its no wonder because then they could have more displacement and more boost in those days. I think some of the 917 variants had like 1600 bhp at qualifying boost. Not real sure if thats correct though.

20. fastest 917 was the 30K that raced in the Can-am series in 1973, in 'normal' race trim it produced 1100hp from a twin-turbo 5.4-litre flat-12, i dunno how much extra it had in qualifying but i doubt it was anywhere near 1600hp. Around Watkins Glen, the 30K absolutely thrashed a formula 1 car from the same period, and at Talladega recorded a top speed of 238mph, later it was tested and recorded 0-60 in 2.1, 0-100 in 3.9 and 0-200 in 13.4, which kicks the ass off a 2001-spec formula 1 car and remains the official fastest accelerating racecar ever made

21. to lovinrx7s if you wanna get the rx7 LM race car then race the dream car championship in amateur and at the end of the sixth race save the game, presuming you have an 11 point lead of the nearest opponent, then all you have to do is quit out of the last race and if you dont get the rx7 then keep reloading the game until the car the computer picks is the rx7

22. I would have to disagree with most of you guys/girls. I don't think it is a good car in GT3. The car sucks compared to a lot of cars. I personally have to go with the F094/s. Or, if not a fantasy car then the GT-one race car...at least it stays on the road when you turn!<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ch1c4n3</i>
    <b>fastest 917 was the 30K that raced in the Can-am series in 1973, in 'normal' race trim it produced 1100hp from a twin-turbo 5.4-litre flat-12, i dunno how much extra it had in qualifying but i doubt it was anywhere near 1600hp. Around Watkins Glen, the 30K absolutely thrashed a formula 1 car from the same period, and at Talladega recorded a top speed of 238mph, later it was tested and recorded 0-60 in 2.1, 0-100 in 3.9 and 0-200 in 13.4, which kicks the ass off a 2001-spec formula 1 car and remains the official fastest accelerating racecar ever made</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Would like to see some pics you have any available! I have heard of it but never seen it. Would be awesome footage to see.