Re: Only 350hp ??

Discussion in '2003 Chevrolet Corvette 50th Anniversary' started by vetteboy79, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mpg</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from burbanman67</i>
    <b>i think 350 hp is more than enough, besides however much horsepower you have effects how fast you can go, not how fast you can get there, that's torque poeple</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    right, and then wrong</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Thank you. Torque is what snaps driveshafts, crushes spider gears, blows rear-ends apart, etc.

Someone said 0-60 in 4.7 seconds is slow. I don't think it's slow. A Subaru WRX does 0-60 in 5.7 seconds and it will blow away most of the cars you will meet on the road. The Lamborghini Diablo VT when first introduced ran 0-60 in 4.7 seconds and I wouldn't call that car slow. I would like to see an average 0-60 time for all the cars sold in the US. I bet it would be in the 9-second range. If you included all the cars in the world (including all those little tiny turbo-diesel engines in Europe and elsewhere) I bet it would be in the high 10-second or maybe even 11-second range.

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Monkey</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mpg</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from burbanman67</i>
    <b>i think 350 hp is more than enough, besides however much horsepower you have effects how fast you can go, not how fast you can get there, that's torque poeple</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    right, and then wrong</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Thank you. Torque is what snaps driveshafts, crushes spider gears, blows rear-ends apart, etc.

Someone said 0-60 in 4.7 seconds is slow. I don't think it's slow. A Subaru WRX does 0-60 in 5.7 seconds and it will blow away most of the cars you will meet on the road. The Lamborghini Diablo VT when first introduced ran 0-60 in 4.7 seconds and I wouldn't call that car slow. I would like to see an average 0-60 time for all the cars sold in the US. I bet it would be in the 9-second range. If you included all the cars in the world (including all those little tiny turbo-diesel engines in Europe and elsewhere) I bet it would be in the high 10-second or maybe even 11-second range.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yes, all that and more will happen if you have no idea how to handle a high performance automobile and drive like a friggin idiot. <!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Corvette Z06</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lifes2short</i>
    <b>Ok, first off, the horsepower thing. I won't complain. My 1992 Toyota Tercel has 93 horsepower. It will go 0-60 in the time it takes me to take a crap and read an article in the latest edition of Sport Compact Car. So 350 horses is quit a bit. Lemme guess, ur also pissed that the Bugatti 16/4 Veyron ONLY has over 800 horses. Anyway, yeah, I'm really proud of that guy who learned how to use his copy and paste button. I wish he was my own. He's almost as talented as my dog who just sits in front of the t.v. and drools on himself.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Correction the 16/4 only has 1000 bhp. That sucks!!! *sarcasm*</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --

LOL I don't realy think you needed to use the *sarcasm* thingy oh never mind it was totaly neccesary cause the guy that knows how to use the paste button might not get it other wise.<!-- Signature -->

4. I'm talkin in terms of sae net power (I think that's it, of course I could be talking out of my ass. WHatever, I was talking about how they measure power over here in the U.S. I think it's like some 837 hp here. No matter what, the car still gives me wet dreams. I wanna race it against my Tercel. YOu know what's really sad? The fact that this forum is how old, and I'm still talking on it. <!-- Signature -->

5. Anyway, pint made. THIS CAR ROCKS. Now it's time to masturbate. Woo hoo.<!-- Signature -->

6. To everyone :

My aim wasn't to trash this vette , but it's quite hard to understand they don't use their more powerful engine on a car which is made to celebrate the 50th ys of the Vette.

A car celebrating an anniversary is supposed to be a flagship IMO.

7. the more powerful edition is still there.<!-- Signature -->

8. Who needs 350 bhp?
    Very seldom will you be able to use it all and on a tricky racetrack this car will get overtaken by excellently tuned VW Golfs gen-II running 200-220 bhp.
    So power is as always only good on the strip or from the redlight, still tons of fun to lay darkies though, I've just gone through a set of rear-tyres on my C5 in 4000 miles which I think is pretty good...

9. The Corvette always get more power every 2 - 3 years or so. That would be nothing special. Limited production and unique paint scheme/badging are much more appropriate for the occasion.

10. why would you waste all that money for 350hp.

what a bunch of #$%#ing soft cocks.

11. You know of something with more stock power at a cheaper price? You could say the 2003 Mustang Cobra, but that thing has no chance in corners with a Corvette.