Re: Sad a Z06 can kill this

Discussion in '2002 BMW M3 CSL Concept' started by SpyderMan!, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sudden</i>
    <b>JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

I'm so #$%#ing tired of this Corvette can kill BMW discsussion.
    A corvette is a FUCKING corvette. If you want a white trash low
    quality car, then get the #$%#ing corvette. If you want a luxury
    sports car, then get the BMW M3!
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yes i am also tired of ppl comparin a Z06 to everything out there but you do know the vette is the us ver. of a ferrari. and a vette bein a white trash car is your IMO

2. The whole 'zo6 could kill ...' discussion is tired, drop it! In response to the point, around a track such as the Nurburgring I'm confident the CSL could beat a ZO6.
    Anyway enough about that, a truly beautiful car with amazing performance - let's hope when it reaches production they don't alter it too drastically.

3. here we go the vette has never been tested at the nurburgring and you cant say it'll toast the vette cuz there arnt any specs yet although its a nice looking M3 but some people just cant take that the vette can kill every other car in its price range mainly CLK's, bosxter S and M3's. but anyway its a very nice concept and hopefully it wont cost 225,000 like the strassenversion.<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 427 Z06</i>
    <b>here we go the vette has never been tested at the nurburgring and you cant say it'll toast the vette cuz there arnt any specs yet although its a nice looking M3 but some people just cant take that the vette can kill every other car in its price range mainly CLK's, bosxter S and M3's. but anyway its a very nice concept and hopefully it wont cost 225,000 like the strassenversion.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

WTF are you talken about the vette was tested at the ring dipshit

VETTE
    8:44 Chevrolet Corvette
    8:45 Chevrolet Corvette 339 hp, automatic
    BMW
    8:35 BMW M3 Coupe 321 ps
    8:36 BMW E36 M3 EVO 321 ps

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JaguarX</i>
    <b>a z06 now a days, will barely kill anything, yet even beat anything.
    Even the new Mustangs are faster, and more powerful, making the Z06, look, well honestly, old and slow.
    Nice job, by BMW, to keep up with the pace of competition.
    With Jaguar, planning on coming out with is X-Type R in the next year or two (supercharged version) and having in the upwards of 300+ horsepower. It'll be a hard fight.

If the current M3 is running 333 HP how is this supercharged Jag going to instantly compete with the CSL?

Z06 aren't slow and or old, the C5 is aging but will be re-vamped soon. As for the Race CSL vs Z06, 30 seconds off at Nurenburg North is HUGE, when considering 20 more ponies and shedding a few POUNDS.

Sad these threads are still made.<!-- Signature -->

6. well i doubt there would be any chance that the M3 could beat the Z06 in a drag race but of course a BMW M3 would have much better handling than a Z06. this M3 only has 7 more bhp than regular version and the regular M3 didnt even come close to the performance specs that the Z06 put up. and to the guy that said the Z06 is a white trash car? i dont know of many low class white trash people that can afford a $50,000 car. In the end i would take the M3 because its classier and the build quality cannot be matched. when you compare cars you cant just compare 1/4 mile drag race speeds<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JaguarX</i>
    <b>a z06 now a days, will barely kill anything, yet even beat anything.
    Even the new Mustangs are faster, and more powerful, making the Z06, look, well honestly, old and slow.
    Nice job, by BMW, to keep up with the pace of competition.
    With Jaguar, planning on coming out with is X-Type R in the next year or two (supercharged version) and having in the upwards of 300+ horsepower. It'll be a hard fight.
    the x-type r got cut when ford did all the cost cutting along with the ftype<!-- Signature -->

8. As much as I love vettes, this would win over a track. the z06 is actually a bad performer on nurenburgh - the m3 is much higher. with this being a lot faster/better then a "stock" m3, this would destroy it. But its probably going to be around 85000 dollars, so i sure as hell hope it rapes teh z06.<!-- Signature -->

9. The new Mustang will have a 5.4 / 5.6 option, giving off over 400 hp
    0 to 60 speeds, have the mustang now outmatching the gm competitors

and i'm not talking about the mustang trans am 6.3 L, that only gives off in its 2003 production form only 750 hp.

so yeah, name me a gm car that beat that?
    wait, there isn't one anymore.

<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from supercar88</i>
    <b>I love the M3 but a Z06 will still kill this and it costs a hell of alot less than this. Who do you think would win?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Sad a Z06 is a piece of shit<!-- Signature -->

11. first off, what's really sad is that you THINK that a Z06 can beat this. on a track the standard M3 rapes a Z06. of course i'm not even saying anything about the quality and luxury level of the interior, and then there's the back seats in the M3 and yes they do easily fit normal sized people. then you have to see that this is a car with a 3.2 liter engine producing 350 bhp meaning it produces nearly 110 bhp per liter which can only be the product of great engineering. the Z06 pumps out a whopping 405 bhp... but fron a 5.7 liter!!!! that's the product not of great engineering nor of engineering of any kind, it's the product of an american car company saying, as a little twelve year old boy, we want a car that goes really fast and not caring whatsoever how that is achieved. when bmw took the m3 and put in an M5 engine into the M3 (the engine still .8 liters smaller than the Z06's) the M3 put out numbers that would completely embarass the Z06 even in a drag race and i'm not even talking about on the track, where a standard M3 will do to embarass the corvette, so i say to the guy who started this post go back to shooting empty beer cans with your shotgun and riding your pick up truck and everything will be alright, just dont start anymore stupid posts like this.

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JaguarX</i>
    <b>The new Mustang will have a 5.4 / 5.6 option, giving off over 400 hp

and i'm not talking about the mustang trans am 6.3 L, that only gives off in its 2003 production form only 750 hp.

what mustang are you talking about, all the new V8 stangs are 4.6, and the cobra is a 4.6 supercharged with 390hp. The Z06 will probably be faster than the cobra but not by much. Where the hell do you get your info?<!-- Signature -->

13. A z06 would kill this, it wouldn't even be close, the z06 has probably a second on it in 0-60... but you couldnt take 4 friends with 4 sets of golf clubs in the z06.. vettes and m3's arent even in the same class, so it doesn't much matter which one would win a theoretical race<!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JaguarX</i>
    <b>The new Mustang will have a 5.4 / 5.6 option, giving off over 400 hp

The 03' Supercharged Cobra is a sweet car, but it's supercharged and that's the only reason Ford got 410 hp out of it. Put a supercharger on a Z06 and see what kind of numbers it would post. As for a GM car putting out 750 hp here you go, Cadillac Cien's 7.5-liter, V-12 powerplant, is a new concept engine from GM Powertrain dubbed the Northstar XV12. The all-aluminum, double overhead cam (DOHC) four-valve V-12 engine generates 750 horsepower and 450 lb.-ft. of torque, yet it meets the packaging requirements and fuel economy standards of a V-8. As for the BMW M3 CSL, this is a beautiful car with kick ass performance and I really don't think you can put a Z06 and this car in the same category.

15. The Z06 is more designed as a fast street racer (although can be converted into track use with a few mods). Whereas the M3 is more of a track car.

If you've ever driven an M3 you know its plenty fast on the street, but when you take it to the track it really comes alive.

The Z06 is an amazing carfor the price, but in all honestly it isn't that impressive to most people. Its fast in a straight line, but its aesthetics are seriously lacking, and its cornering is nowhere near as good as an M3. As for the price, a loaded regular M3 is around 56k, compared to a z06 at around 51k. So there isn't that much difference.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mr BMW</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ImPoRtEr</i>
    <b>

WTF are you talken about. the new 03 cobra only has 390hp and the z06 has 410hp. the z06 in 04 to 05 will have a power boost. read and learn and get more facts before you post.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Here your talking about facts when your obviously ignorant to engines. HorsePower dosen't always mean faster, and within a 20HP difference it means shit. The question is, can the Vette Engine produce better than the Stangs? No. Take the M3 for instance, its only got 333HP, but the BMW engineers know what they are doing when they build their engines, and that 333HP can reach speeds of 185MPH.

On top of that you have to take into concideration weight, I'm pretty sure the Stang is lighter than the vette, because Stangs are known to be light cars.

As for my argument for the played out "Z06 Owns everything" BS, Sure it costs less, but the quality is Wayy, wayy, WAY cheaper. Not to mention an M3 Engine is more powerful than the vette's, it handles better, and its more luxourious. Its also made with better quality, not just factory pumped. Z06 vs. M3? My pic is the M3, just because of its superior engineering, kudos BMW, you've done it again!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ZO6 3117lbs, mustang cobra 3664lbs thats a 547lb difference which is huge. Mustangs have never been known as light cars because cameros have been consistantly lighter, and the vettes have fiberglass bodies.<!-- Signature -->

17. #42 JaguarX, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    which stang i'm talking about?
    how about the mustang, thats in first place in 2002 Le Mans Trans Am
    which is currently killing the corvette, which is in third place, 2nd place is Jaguar XKR Trans Am (you can check that car here on supercars, 2001 version giving a modest 650 hp with a stang engine)
    The Jaguar, has the same engine, except different body design.
    in case you dont beleive a mustang and a jaguar beating the vette, you can go here:
    http://www.imsaracing.net/menu/taindex.cfm?page=/series/ta/index.htm
    to check it out.
    The Jaguar XKR, was the 2001 GTS class winner, with the 5.0L V8 Mustang Engine.

Mustang Billit, will have at least a 5.0 L engine giving off 400 hp stock, which a supercharged version to hit over 440.
    Remember the originals were way over 300 stock.
    A 5.4 option will be also avalible as special editions.
    Cobra R (2000 version) does not have the 4.6 actually has the 5.0 and gave 395 stock. Therefore, not all stangs have 4.6.
    The upgraded 2002 cobra r will not be made, as the billit will take it place in late 2003.
    Cobra future is looking dim, so stop saying the cobra is weak.
    Ford knows it is, and you all will be surprised of what's coming!
    The 4.6 and the 3.8 will be discontinued after 2003. One Ford Source says (uncle works at ford, so you can its inside) Even though I doubt the 4.6 will be killed, but the 3.8 probably will, as it didn't get many fans.
    And replaced with more options, to meet the higher demand of sports cars since the Camaro and Firebird are dead.
    Options would include a 3.0 V6 4v 225hp (basically you looking at a stock Taurus / Sable engine motor as the lower option), 4.0 V6 (the porbably replacement. High amount of torque will be available) 5.0V8, and a bigger engine proably the 5.4 (modified truck engine, basically, found in the Expedition, and Navigator)

And btw, Jaguar didn't cancel the X-type R version, they posponded it to probably 2005, if late 2004. F-type is technically still in the future, the question is when.<!-- Signature -->

18. i think this couls beat the zo6 easily...i mean its a compiiton fot eh regular M3 but for this car i dont think there will be a problem....so this bimmer easily<!-- Signature -->

19. hey jaguarX..umm i think u mean bullitt...not billit..billit is a kind of grille for ur car. And the bullitt mustang only has like a couple more horses than the regular GT...which has 260...And i was wondering is this M3 naturally aspirated?<!-- Signature -->

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mr BMW</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ImPoRtEr</i>
    <b>

WTF are you talken about. the new 03 cobra only has 390hp and the z06 has 410hp. the z06 in 04 to 05 will have a power boost. read and learn and get more facts before you post.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Here your talking about facts when your obviously ignorant to engines. HorsePower dosen't always mean faster, and within a 20HP difference it means shit. The question is, can the Vette Engine produce better than the Stangs? No. Take the M3 for instance, its only got 333HP, but the BMW engineers know what they are doing when they build their engines, and that 333HP can reach speeds of 185MPH.

On top of that you have to take into concideration weight, I'm pretty sure the Stang is lighter than the vette, because Stangs are known to be light cars.

As for my argument for the played out "Z06 Owns everything" BS, Sure it costs less, but the quality is Wayy, wayy, WAY cheaper. Not to mention an M3 Engine is more powerful than the vette's, it handles better, and its more luxourious. Its also made with better quality, not just factory pumped. Z06 vs. M3? My pic is the M3, just because of its superior engineering, kudos BMW, you've done it again!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

huh. stangs are not light cars at all. the 02 Z06 is 3117lbs while the 03 cobra is 3640IB
    read and get your facts str8
    yes the new cobra is .2sec slower than the Z06 in the 1/4mile also the vette would rape the new cobra on the track IMO.

21. Personally, I LOVE this car so I'd take it over a Corvette any day. Not that I would never drive a Corvette, I just like the fact that a a Sports Class can have SO much class.<!-- Signature -->

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MyCarSux</i>
    <b>hey jaguarX..umm i think u mean bullitt...not billit..billit is a kind of grille for ur car. And the bullitt mustang only has like a couple more horses than the regular GT...which has 260...And i was wondering is this M3 naturally aspirated?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

its just an easy typo you see how the letters u and i are right next to eachother on the keyboard<!-- Signature -->

23. Who gives a rat's ass. Buy a Honda, like all of you people do, put 50 grand into it and beat both. And for the "that is what mods are for" How bought we mod the other car too?!!!?!?! OMG, WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT OF THAT?

Just making a point.<!-- Signature -->

24. Well, I'm sure this car has better tight cornering than the Z06, the length of the car kinda tells.
    I don't know.. in the GT series, Corvettes seem to prefer sweeping large turns and long straights than tight hairpin courses

25. well, i think that this car would beat the current Z06 with not too much effort. the vette weights quite a bit more, and that is not just bad for the cars acceleration, but that also affects the brakes, the handling and the overall nimbleness of the car. the CSL is slower in acceleration, that said, the difference isnt huge, its a fair diff, but the beemer would outhandle the vette in the handling and braking department. on a track, unless the track has huge straights and not too many S and sweepers etc, the vette might take the win, other than that, on tracks like the Nuerburgring, the beemer should win hands down. this is just an OPINION, not a proven fact, well know for sure once the specs come out and once mags test it. <!-- Signature -->