Re: Sad a Z06 can kill this

Discussion in '2002 BMW M3 CSL Concept' started by SpyderMan!, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from supercar88</i>
    <b>I love the M3 but a Z06 will still kill this and it costs a hell of alot less than this. Who do you think would win?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->P(you'll be killed in a car accident) is higher.

2. you cant compair the zo6 vs an m3, the corvette weights alot more but it also has the torque to back it up, but the m3 has a inline six, the corvette has a 5.7 liter v8 that is a big differenc. SO STOP COIMPAIRING THIS TWO CARS

3. again, i agree the Z06 shouldn't be compared to the M3.
    The Z06, should be compared to other big V8s out there.
    If you want to compare it to a BMW, then Maybe the Z8...which i think would easily kill the Z06 in every regard, minus price of course.
    I like the csl, i'm a hard bmw critic, but i must say, this line 6 is awesome.
    Sort of resemble my 1986 Jaguar engine, to modern standards.<!-- Signature -->

4. one note, yes the jag didn't win rolex... they didn't care. Then ended up in 5th place, and clinch the season title you idiot. and who cares about a single race.... it won the class title, and the manufacture title, and that is what counts.
    And yes it been modified, from a 5.0 to a 6.3, adding 50 more hp, and torque. outpacing the vette, by almost 100 hp, and 50 torque. If you want to contue talkin about it, talkin about it, in the vette forum, and not here. All i have to say, about stangs is a 5.4 Bullit supercharged engine in late 2003. Thank you.
    again, for engineering, this is a great and powerful 6. Admit it, GM by far has no where near as powerful a 6, as the BMW.
    If they do, tell me the model.
    <!-- Signature -->

5. i love both cars and yes this is more expensive but this is a purpose built car for one thing. that is to meet imsa rules so it can murder the porsches once again. im sure this car will go right up with the zo6. seeing that only a few hundred will be made thats one thng the zo6 does not have.<!-- Signature -->

6. ok if this car is 30 seconds faster than the regular M3 than it would probably run 8:05 at nurburgring. that is faster than the ferrari 360 modena (8:09)and viper gts (8:10) that is fast but the zo6 beat the porsche 911 turbo in tests and the turbo ran 7:56Zo6 stops from 60 in 104 ft pulls 1.0 g on the skidpad, runs the slalom at 70.3 MPH 0-60 if done right flys by in 3.9 seconds and quarter mile dissapears in a mere 12.4 seconds. it costs about 50 grand now the m3 0-60 in 4.8 seconds 1/4 mile in 13.3 60-0 in 117 ft slalom is mid 60's (can't remember the exact number) and skidpad is .94g the m3 is competition only for the regular non-Zo6 c5 vette and it will and the vette will still beat it this one is likely faster than the regular vette but the zo6 is one step shy of a all out race machine the m3 will always just be another sedan (although a fast one)and mustangs from the factory can't beat the zo6 the svt cobra can't beat a regular vette and that is currently the fastest mustang ford offers the trans am cars are no match for the c5r the jaguar did not compete against the c5r at rolex 24 and it had to be modified to be competitive. i think thats all i have to say ...FOR NOW!!!<!-- Signature -->

7. i am not sure whats more sad, the fact that idiots like the guy who proposed this retarded topic are allowed to own computers or the fact that someone is saying that ZO6 is a sad car... haahahah 410 horsepower and a 0-60 acceleration of 3.96 seconds is sad? Over a G on the #$%#in slalom. THATS SAD ? this guy needs to get shot in the face for saying such retarded shit...

Also the m3 CSL would #$%#in abuse the Z06 on any track that has curves and would come very very close in a god damn drag race.
    P.S. lets not forget the displacement difference and the quality difference. Either way Zo6 is the #$%#in shit, i own an NSX and each time a zo6 steps up i shit my pants<!-- Signature -->

8. AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! First of all, I'm SO SICK of people comparing the Vette to everything, even though it's a great car that will beat about anything that is thrown at it. I love Vettes, but I can see why BMW fans hate them. One, because they hate the fact that the US has a car that can beat them and two because the Vette's name comes up in every forum. I liked BMW's until all the BMW fans decided to jump on the "M3 can kill everything including a car that has 82 more hp" bandwagon. Corvettes CAN actually make turns unlike the Vette's built prior to 84' (and even those turned pretty well for the time).

The M3 weighs as much as my 82' Vette!! How do you expect a car that weighs more, has smaller tires, smaller breaks, and has less hp to compete with the Z06 on a track or in any other aspect? On top of all that it gets worse gas mileage!! You people act like the M3 is some work of art. It looks like EVERY OTHER BMW out there with the exception of the Z series (which I don't like either). The interior is nice but it's no luxury car.

I don't know if this car will beat a Z06 (I doubt it), but I do know that I'm tired of this argument.

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuprJames</i>
    <b>AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! First of all, I'm SO SICK of people comparing the Vette to everything, even though it's a great car that will beat about anything that is thrown at it. I love Vettes, but I can see why BMW fans hate them. One, because they hate the fact that the US has a car that can beat them and two because the Vette's name comes up in every forum. I liked BMW's until all the BMW fans decided to jump on the "M3 can kill everything including a car that has 82 more hp" bandwagon. Corvettes CAN actually make turns unlike the Vette's built prior to 84' (and even those turned pretty well for the time).

The M3 weighs as much as my 82' Vette!! How do you expect a car that weighs more, has smaller tires, smaller breaks, and has less hp to compete with the Z06 on a track or in any other aspect? On top of all that it gets worse gas mileage!! You people act like the M3 is some work of art. It looks like EVERY OTHER BMW out there with the exception of the Z series (which I don't like either). The interior is nice but it's no luxury car.

I don't know if this car will beat a Z06 (I doubt it), but I do know that I'm tired of this argument.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i think you're right on the money about this comparison. I actually like the stylings of this car though and yeah i too hate both the Z3 and the Z8. The numbers that we have been given so far about the M3 have not really proved that this could be a contender to the Z06. the only thing we know is it somehow was 30 seconds faster than the regular M3 on their road tests. i dont see how it could be that much faster. perhaps the SMG transmission is that much better?<!-- Signature -->

10. I want a count of all the people tossing these opinions around who have even sat their butt in either vehicle... Maybe 1 in 50 of the people in here have even SECONDHAND information that they didn't read in a magazine. That's why you get 100% false comments like "the M3's no luxury car"...
    Everybody just geeks out over stats and think that that's all there is to tell. That's why they say the Boxster is a "slow piece of shit" and the Z06 would kill just about everything.
    Being gainfully employed as a used car dealer, I can tell you firsthand that the difference between the two is all about feel. Yes a Vette will stick, stop, and go with the best of them, but it doesn't feel like the poetry of motion that an M3 or Porsche does. As EVO puts it "all road-holding and no road-handling". Even if the M3 is just an itty bit slower in many ways, it's such a better overall car that it's apples and oranges. Even the E36 Lightweights were a better ride/interior/etc. than the C5. The C5 is a fantastic set of mechanicals let down by it's interior and exterior, and tuned to post marginally top numbers, not be the best sportscar. How often do you really do standing start quartermiles, edge-of-adhesion turns, and emergency stops 60-0? Yes the Vette is fantastic in these respects, but for the other 98% of the time is a dissapointing compromise compared to what you can get in something like the M3, which will post about the same numbers, but do everything else fantastically as well. Like take you and 3 friends on a trip with luggage, in great comfort, and have the interior look and feel like you just spent $50K+.

That said, I'd still put serious money down that the CSL would beat the Z06 on many tracks.<!-- Signature -->

11. This car absolutely slaughters the Z06. End of discussion.<!-- Signature -->

12. i dont know whats wrong with you people, this in other forums i have read some posts by people with great knowledge, but this room definitely lacks that.

First of the z06 stock beats the m3 stock TERRRRRRIBLY, its not even close, the z-06 accelerates to 60 in 3.998 seconds. while the m3 in 5.0. so those are just straight away stats the m3 handles better right? HMMmm how does HELL NAWWWW sound, the z06 got 1.06 g's on the slalom while the m3 only got .98... If what im saying sounds like BS to you i suggest you get a magazine subscription with motor trend... and check out the issue where the z06 was compared to m3 and boxster S and the z06 abused both in ALL and i do mean ALLLLLL categories and characteristics.

However, saying that its SAD that the z06 can beat this car or an m3 is just retarded dude, the z06 is the fastest, and best handeling mass produced car in the WORLD it shits on all LOTUSES, MUSTANGS, BEEMERS, BENZES. so to say that the best mass produced car in the world can beat this is like saying that red is a color, its a no brainer... #$%#in loser<!-- Signature -->

13. ffattack ,

Have MT ever driven an Elise ????????????????????

It's THE best handling stock "mass produced" car when you know how to drive it.<!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JaguarX</i>
    <b>one note, yes the jag didn't win rolex... they didn't care. Then ended up in 5th place, and clinch the season title you idiot. and who cares about a single race.... it won the class title, and the manufacture title, and that is what counts.
    And yes it been modified, from a 5.0 to a 6.3, adding 50 more hp, and torque. outpacing the vette, by almost 100 hp, and 50 torque. If you want to contue talkin about it, talkin about it, in the vette forum, and not here. All i have to say, about stangs is a 5.4 Bullit supercharged engine in late 2003. Thank you.
    again, for engineering, this is a great and powerful 6. Admit it, GM by far has no where near as powerful a 6, as the BMW.
    If they do, tell me the model.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    why the hell should GM worry about making a powerful 6 cylinder if it has LS1 and LS6 in its stock. the inline 6's in the trialblazer/envoy/bravada/izuzu have 270hp and 270 ft lbs but this engine is only for trucks so imagine if they have to make one for a sports car but theres no need to cuz of they're V8's which produce more power and torque than other V8's(most of them) although the Z8 and M5 have a very powerful V8 that give out a lot of grunt, anyway if a M3 cost bout 50,000 this should cost about 5,000-7,000 more if its produced.<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maksim</i>
    <b>first off, what's really sad is that you THINK that a Z06 can beat this. on a track the standard M3 rapes a Z06. of course i'm not even saying anything about the quality and luxury level of the interior, and then there's the back seats in the M3 and yes they do easily fit normal sized people. then you have to see that this is a car with a 3.2 liter engine producing 350 bhp meaning it produces nearly 110 bhp per liter which can only be the product of great engineering. the Z06 pumps out a whopping 405 bhp... but fron a 5.7 liter!!!! that's the product not of great engineering nor of engineering of any kind, it's the product of an american car company saying, as a little twelve year old boy, we want a car that goes really fast and not caring whatsoever how that is achieved. when bmw took the m3 and put in an M5 engine into the M3 (the engine still .8 liters smaller than the Z06's) the M3 put out numbers that would completely embarass the Z06 even in a drag race and i'm not even talking about on the track, where a standard M3 will do to embarass the corvette, so i say to the guy who started this post go back to shooting empty beer cans with your shotgun and riding your pick up truck and everything will be alright, just dont start anymore stupid posts like this.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maksim</i>
    <b>first off, what's really sad is that you THINK that a Z06 can beat this. on a track the standard M3 rapes a Z06. of course i'm not even saying anything about the quality and luxury level of the interior, and then there's the back seats in the M3 and yes they do easily fit normal sized people. then you have to see that this is a car with a 3.2 liter engine producing 350 bhp meaning it produces nearly 110 bhp per liter which can only be the product of great engineering. the Z06 pumps out a whopping 405 bhp... but fron a 5.7 liter!!!! that's the product not of great engineering nor of engineering of any kind, it's the product of an american car company saying, as a little twelve year old boy, we want a car that goes really fast and not caring whatsoever how that is achieved. when bmw took the m3 and put in an M5 engine into the M3 (the engine still .8 liters smaller than the Z06's) the M3 put out numbers that would completely embarass the Z06 even in a drag race and i'm not even talking about on the track, where a standard M3 will do to embarass the corvette, so i say to the guy who started this post go back to shooting empty beer cans with your shotgun and riding your pick up truck and everything will be alright, just dont start anymore stupid posts like this.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Ehemm, sorry my friend, but you are NOTHING ELSE BUT A F%&(/"#*/:G ASSHOLE POSTING ALL THIS CRAP!!! IŽve seen so much M3's with an M5 engine making almost the same numbers comparing it with a stock one, also they suffer of too much wheelspin, and those things cost from 112,000 to more than 200,000 bucks.

17. yet the corvette. doesnt do nothing in the GTS class...
    good call not to include Jaguar, in there.
    However, again... do not compare a 5.7 engine to a 3.5
    if you want to compare it to anything, try the future 5.4 Mustang engine. Oh wait... it's 0-60 in 3.7 Wait, that's better than the Z06. (Vette is actually 4.1 R&T)
    400 hp, oh wow... someone lost an argument.
    if not, then the 6.3L mustang engine, giving off 700 hp.
    End of argument.
    If you going to compare engines, fine the Vette can be faster 0-60, and i do believe have better handling, yeah with a 5.7 engine. So fine then, then I compare it with a 6.3 Mustang engine, which even does circles around the C5R (10 lap lead win in 02 Rolex in what WAS "Vette's race track") Also note, the vette did finish 3rd, respectively so, but behind two cars with mustang engines.
    So stop it with this stupid argument that the Z06 is all that, because WAKE UP, it's not; even a Mustang can beat it now a days.
    NOT EVEN A VETTE SUPERCAR CAN BEAT THE MUSTANG SUPERCAR, that's calling realizing that you are dead wrong.
    This is a fine car, so deal with it, we really dont care if you think the z06 is good because this is a Super BMW
    <!-- Signature -->

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ImPoRtEr</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sudden</i>
    <b>JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

I'm so #$%#ing tired of this Corvette can kill BMW discsussion.
    A corvette is a FUCKING corvette. If you want a white trash low
    quality car, then get the #$%#ing corvette. If you want a luxury
    sports car, then get the BMW M3!
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yes i am also tired of ppl comparin a Z06 to everything out there but you do know the vette is the us ver. of a ferrari. and a vette bein a white trash car is your IMO</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

could not have said it better myself!

Keep your #$%#en Z06- it's shit. idiots.<!-- Signature -->

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WAY2FAST4YOU</i>
    <b>i dont know whats wrong with you people, this in other forums i have read some posts by people with great knowledge, but this room definitely lacks that.

First of the z06 stock beats the m3 stock TERRRRRRIBLY, its not even close, the z-06 accelerates to 60 in 3.998 seconds. while the m3 in 5.0. so those are just straight away stats the m3 handles better right? HMMmm how does HELL NAWWWW sound, the z06 got 1.06 g's on the slalom while the m3 only got .98... If what im saying sounds like BS to you i suggest you get a magazine subscription with motor trend... and check out the issue where the z06 was compared to m3 and boxster S and the z06 abused both in ALL and i do mean ALLLLLL categories and characteristics.

However, saying that its SAD that the z06 can beat this car or an m3 is just retarded dude, the z06 is the fastest, and best handeling mass produced car in the WORLD it shits on all LOTUSES, MUSTANGS, BEEMERS, BENZES. so to say that the best mass produced car in the world can beat this is like saying that red is a color, its a no brainer... #$%#in loser</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well slalom is usually measured by speed not lateral grip, and the stock M3 does 0-60 in 5 sec, but this isn't a stock M3 and that my friend is what we are all talking about. Don't get my wrong, I like the ZO6 but people like you give good cars bad names with your rambling and mis-information. <!-- Signature -->

20. Tests proven , the Z06 is faster on the track.

However I prefer the M3.<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JaguarX</i>
    <b>yet the corvette. doesnt do nothing in the GTS class...
    good call not to include Jaguar, in there.
    However, again... do not compare a 5.7 engine to a 3.5
    if you want to compare it to anything, try the future 5.4 Mustang engine. Oh wait... it's 0-60 in 3.7 Wait, that's better than the Z06. (Vette is actually 4.1 R&T)
    400 hp, oh wow... someone lost an argument.
    if not, then the 6.3L mustang engine, giving off 700 hp.
    End of argument.
    If you going to compare engines, fine the Vette can be faster 0-60, and i do believe have better handling, yeah with a 5.7 engine. So fine then, then I compare it with a 6.3 Mustang engine, which even does circles around the C5R (10 lap lead win in 02 Rolex in what WAS "Vette's race track") Also note, the vette did finish 3rd, respectively so, but behind two cars with mustang engines.
    So stop it with this stupid argument that the Z06 is all that, because WAKE UP, it's not; even a Mustang can beat it now a days.
    NOT EVEN A VETTE SUPERCAR CAN BEAT THE MUSTANG SUPERCAR, that's calling realizing that you are dead wrong.
    This is a fine car, so deal with it, we really dont care if you think the z06 is good because this is a Super BMW
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->the c5r DID NOT RACE AT 2002 ROLEX 24 HOURS the vettes the 6.3 mustang powered jag beat were agt class not gts (american gt class kevin harvick raced in that vettes team car)is a race car no wonder it beats a zo6 the two cars that were behind it were 7 liter saleen s7r's they were gts class and still lost to lower class cars. and as of yet the fastest a production mustang does 0-60 is 4.9 sec (2003 mustang svt cobra)you just showed that you are not worthy of this arguement .<!-- Signature -->

22. first, get a few things straight. the M3 does NOT have the M5 engine. the M5 has a 5.0 V8 with 400 Hp.

the E46 M3 US SPEC (2001-current american model M3) comes REAL close to the same times as the Z06.

the M3 CSL weighs 600 lbs less, has 17 hp more, and has the SMG transmission that shifts from one gear to another in 80 Milliseconds. try beating that. i think the M3 could easily take the Z06. and seat 2 people more.

and Jaguar did say they are postponing the release of the X-Type R and is going to focus more on the F-Type.

Ford does not make a 5.0 anymore. that stopped in 1995. the 2003 Cobra is better than the 2000 Cobra R. just in case you didn't know that. and the Cobra R has a 5.8L V8 with 385 Hp while the 2k3 cobra has a supercharged 4.6L V8 with 390 and i heard from a magazine that the next cobra will have fords version of valve timing. that will probably kick the vettes ass if thats true.

also Horsepower isn't everything. The BMW M3 GTR only has 444 Hp but goes 0-60 in 3.4 seconds or so.

the corvette Z06 has 405 hp not 410, not 340, not 350. but 405 and 0-60 for the Z06 is 4.7.

i am a HUGE fan of BMW and i know how all their shit works. and i honestly think the M3 CSL will get lower to mid 4's from 0-60. on a count that you have DSC off and the SMG set to level 6.

23. i have an issue of road & track where they test the Z06 against a stock M3...i believe the Z06 won by 0.1 seconds 0-60, had similar (not necessarily better) handling (but much worse in less-than-perfect weather) and the M3 could conceivably seat 2 more people and carry some luggage. and that was just the stock M3...this would beat the crap out of a stock M3, and since the stock M3 was close to the Z06, this would easily beat a Z06. simple logic...hope some of the muscle-car fanatics here can understand it.

24. A ZO6 would undoubtedly beat this vehicle. Damn those Germans for robbing us of are hard earned money for a car that seems to be neutered. Stick with the cars that were built in the states. Let the U.S. build the muscle. Everyone else is designing cars for our wives!

25. Testing from many magazines show that the Z06 figures from Chevrolet are pretty way off. Check out the results for yourself, most of the magazines show the Z06 to be accelerating to 60 in the 4.3-4.5 range, not the 3.9 as claimed by Chevrolet. And check out the top speed of the Z06, 165 or so MPH... why? Extremely SHORT gearing.