Re: should have v6 or bigger

Discussion in '1999 Leblanc Caroline' started by biggruss, Aug 10, 2002.

1. should have v6 or bigger

2. They should team up with Dodge and put a 426-Hemi in that beast. Then you put your turbos on and who cares about the weight, it will fricken fly.

3. A lot of you people are opening your mouths before you think....

This car doesn't need a 6 cylinder. or an 8. maybe a 6th gear though

at 1731 lbs, a 512hp 4cyl. is more than enough.

A Hemi is a wicked engine, but there is a good reason why they didn't waste their time with that.

Some people say that hp per litre is the answer. No! it's not hp per litre! it's power to weight ratio. If you have 1200 hp per litre it wont do very much if your car weighs 30,000 lbs. ( i know that is an exageration, but its the point i am trying to make) so if there was some way to put an all aluminum 440cid V8 into this, and have it still weigh 1700 lbs, hell yeah use the 900hp big block, but they did an excellent job i think. it ain't easy to break 200mph, or get a 2.7 sec 0-60...

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Speedster</i>
    <b>This car needs an AMERICAN V-8, then maybe it would hang with the viper and camaro.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You must be familiar with the saying "There's no replacement for displacement" or how about "Ye Haw"?

How can you not respect a car like this that can accelerate faster than most american hot rods and out handle anything under the sun.
    You must recognize that this is a well rounded, performance oriented, car; even if it is ugly.
    <!-- Signature -->

5. it OBVIOUSLY doesn't need a bigger engine... 0-60 in 2.7 seconds and a top speed of 216 MPH!<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Grizz2K4</i>
    <b>it OBVIOUSLY doesn't need a bigger engine... 0-60 in 2.7 seconds and a top speed fo 216 MPH!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hell yeah!!!

7. Duh dumbass why would they put an engine that weighs more and revs slower when they get 512 BHP out of the 4?<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from biggruss</i>
    <b> </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your probably one of those uneducated fools who believes that size is superior to power. It's all about BHP/Litre not how large the engine is.

9. Bigger Engine= more weight, so this is good enough, a bigger engine might go slower<!-- Signature -->

10. Looks Great! I agree that it should have at least a V6 or bigger. That would really create a major Topspeed speed rating.

11. An i-4...by the looks i would have guessed a v12 <!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Speedster</i>
    <b>This car needs an AMERICAN V-8, then maybe it would hang with the viper and camaro.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I REALLY hope that that is a joke...<!-- Signature -->

13. you've got to be kidding me! look at this car...it weighs what? 1730 lbs? viper weighs (i'm guessing) probably 3400 lbs. sure, a lot of this engine's power comes from the turbo's, but it's the easiest way to produce a load of power from an insignificant weight add-on. this car can run a viper and corvette into the ground in every single aspect of driving...so what if it doesn't have the creature comforts? this car isn't about sound systems or luxury, it's about speed and control.

14. u people who think power per litre is the best suck, that just shows ur dumbness. who long do u think a 2.0l 4 cylinder motor with 150-250 hp is gonna last up against a 5,6 or 7 letre v8 with just as much hp or more. common think about it people...
    but i do think that this car and motor r a 4 cylinder is a great achivement.

15. i think all of the toyota supera's used in the pro racing circut use a inline 4 because it can be placed closer to the firewall and improve weight distrabution so i am guessing that in addition to less weight and higher revs thats why they used a 4

16. i think that if they did put in a bigger engine, the increase in power might be enough to offset the increase in weight. i also think that adding a 6th gear would help the speed too.<!-- Signature -->

17. To anyone who says to put in a bigger engine, god your a moron. First of all, and im guessing because i have never seen this car, and dont say anything about this because you havent either, that the engine bay is extemely small. The car is designed to have a 2 liter that is all it has ever had and now you want to put a 7 liter in there? wont work. Also if you could do the impossible and shoehorn a cast iron slow-reving hemi in there it would probably add 300 lbs and defeat the purpose of the light weight car, with no gain in horsepower. And thats assuming that it is an extremely well built dinosaur engine.<!-- Signature -->

18. Why should it have a bigger engine
    The car weights only 785 kg a bigger engine will make it havier.
    And why a V6 and not a 6 in line.
    A 6 in line is much better than a V6

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from glide444</i>
    <b>i think all of the toyota supera's used in the pro racing circut use a inline 4 because it can be placed closer to the firewall and improve weight distrabution so i am guessing that in addition to less weight and higher revs thats why they used a 4</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    You got that right. The Denso Sard Supras, I think, use a new modified Celica engine, of course, for better weight distribution, less weight, and higher revs. I suppose they use it to save some fuel too.

For all you rednecks who thinks this thing needs a "big-block V8", please reconsider. Did you know how heavy the American cars were back in the 1960s and 70s? That's because they had gigantic V8s. Plop a V6 in here if you want to - or even a V12 - but I doubt the 0-60 will be 2.7 seconds. It might even be 3.5 seconds. You rednecks only care about top speed, and that's why you're so proud of your Sledgehammer Corvette, a legend that simply refuses to die. I would take a twin-turbo inline-4 myself, so I can take some weight off my car.

Sure, a V6 would make it have a higher top speed, but would you really drive it to extreme speeds like that? If the V6 was as light as hell, like an Acura NSX's V6, but if not, you're better off without it.<!-- Signature -->

20. i hate 4 bangers but i have to admit this is a pretty tight car the way it is

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TECS7</i>
    <b>Bigger Engine= more weight, so this is good enough, a bigger engine might go slower</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

A bigger engine means more torque and hp to compensate for the added weight

22. Dude, old American cars weighed a lot because of a lot more than just the size of the engine. Have you seen how frickin' huge they are? A small block chevy doesn't weigh much more than your average I6, especially one with turbos. If you put aluminum heads on the sbc, the difference is even smaller. I don't think this car should have a different engine, though. A big advantage of the I4 is definitely the position of the engine. That helps a ton in handling. That's one of the reasons RX-7s handle so well. Their engines are so small and far back that they are sometimes called front mid engine.
    Also, the engine the Supras use is typically the 3S-GTE. It's in MKII MR2 Turbos and the Celica All-trac.

23. What, you would destroy this cars amazing speed and hp/liter by putting a bigger engine in it? More volume doesn't always mean more power. V-shaped engines are heavier than I, S, or F engines of the same size. Why way this car down just because you want a 'classic' V6 or V8 in it? Really, newmembers no nothing.<!-- Signature -->

24. i think this car is pretty good... not bad.. and dont put a v6 or bigger man.... keep it simple.. thats my answer

25. This is one amazing car... But for the price, i would buy a McLaren F1.. But this is still freakin amazing...How many are there?

P.S. Why does it say 0 RPM?!<!-- Signature -->