Re: SS Camaro Vs. Trans Am Ram Air Vs. SVT Cobra

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by Lee Iacocca, Aug 9, 2002.

1. And... Where you'll buy the Camaro ? LOL LOL<!-- Signature -->

2. Dude the COBRA R was like .2 seconds from the '02 z06 and plus you cant compare a 4.6 to a 5.7 its just not possible. Plus SVT has a limiter put on there cars unlike the SS or Trans Am because SVT doesnt want some fool blowing out their new block that they just made hand built. Ford will always have the upper hand on chevy and GM cars now that the new cobra has surpassed the corvette the main battle should be snake vs. snake as in viper vs. cobra and the new cobra R should show some really great competiton with the 03' Viper
    So again ford wins against chevy or camaro guys its just not your day.

3. I am a big fan of firebird trans am Ram airs and have always known them to be .2 sec faster than camaros and faster than the cobra. I HATE mustangs and always thought ford could have done a better job putting more horsepower into the GT than only 265. but this has won me over i like this and i think ford stepped up to the plate and put out a nice mustang. now if only they could make a naturally aspirated V8 that has a higher output and more liters for the GT.<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from atlkid123</i>
    <b>Yea you people say all that shit but compare a 289 4.6 to a 350 5.7 thats like comparing an ugly whore to a supermodel you can do it of course you can get more horses out of a 350 but you say the camaros look better thats why they are being discontinued right? thats what I thought and you people wouldn't be saying anything if ford put the 5.8 or the 5.4 in the cobra. Mustang won against them all and the only reason the 99 cobra is not as fast as the trans am or camaro ss is because the cobras have a limiter you think svt wants you to blow out there hand built motor hahah you can always replace a 350 of an assembly line. So think about which is the better car

COBRA ALL THE WAY!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> ok well first of all if we arent supposed to be comparing a 4.6l to a 5.7l than tell motor trend car and driver and everyone else who does it........Go lick your d***<!-- Signature -->

5. SS Camaro Vs. Trans Am Ram Air Vs. SVT Cobra

The battle has finally been won and that was by ford. Now with the supercharged 03 they will probably pull 12.5 of the show room floor. The Cobras have finally made a name for themselves. Since the camaro is no longer being made and I believe the trans am is no longer being made as we'll that only leaves ford with room to run and compete against corvettes and vipers. And maybe not as fast but I think we can give them a run for there money and then some.

LONG LIVE THE COBRA

6. you got it man....the new snake is amazing, sub 5 second 0-60's and 110 quarter mile speeds. finially ford is ready to run with the big boys.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Cobra351R</i>
    <b>you got it man....the new snake is amazing, sub 5 second 0-60's and 110 quarter mile speeds. finially ford is ready to run with the big boys.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

But hell they need to change the looks to match the grunt. The 2004 Stang had better look more sleek than just one bad ass brute!! :)<!-- Signature -->

8. im impressed with the 2003 cobra, no dought it should stomp on a SS or TransAm of 2002...and if they keep the price down, id be more impressed!...funny though they had to use iron to make the engine strong enough...the 6 speed gaerbox was LONG overdue, but then again, the supercharger might have problems like the Lightenings did...i wish ford would bring back the 351, then i would be VERY impressed and have to sell my Z28 and buy a cobra.......well, id keep the Camaro<!-- Signature -->

9. I am an f-body man and I will be impressed if the new stang has the power posted and the price posted in motor trend. dont know how fast it really is until it comes out though. dont be suprized ford guys if it isnt what it's supposed to be.

10. Yea man that would definately be cool if they used the 5.4 or the 5.8's standard for the mustang that would definately be cool and as for 2004 I saw a sketch of those they look bad ass but remember that one might not be put into production.

peace yall

11. yeah i wish they moved up to a 5.4 the only resason they're at 4.6 now is so they can use the engine in something else (Stock F-150 and Ranger). 5.4 is the next step up, unless they start using another engine.

12. i can't see the cobra ever being the quality of a corvette or a viper... and if they ever will be, ill be impressed... haha .. and the price ford will want, will be a joke

13. Ya your right the legend will never die... until it reaches 50,000 miles. With a car that looks so bad costing more then a stock Vette i think ill stick with my GM. Nice try though Ford.

14. the comaro has that old crapy rear suspension so id go with the 4w independent on the cobra

15. add a supercharger to a SS or WS6 and then the tides have turnued again. Someone at my school spent 5k on his SS and is bumping 500 or so hp.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from yianni64</i>
    <b>add a supercharger to a SS or WS6 and then the tides have turnued again. Someone at my school spent 5k on his SS and is bumping 500 or so hp.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I keep tryin' to tell some of these people how much more is possible w/ an LS1, but no one listens.<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CHECKERS3333</i>
    <b>put a supercharger into a 5.7 liter ss camaro or ws6 trans am and what do you get??? 400+ H.P.
    trust me, if a t-a or a camaro cost that much ($37,000 for the new cobra according to motor trend) it would out perform mustang up and down the straights all day long... TRUST ME!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How about putting a supercharger onto a 2001 Cobra and get 410+ HP for less money that will be as fast as that camaro and can outhandle it.

18. Actually, if you put a vortech supercharger on an LS1, you get 450+HP.
    If you put a jackson (noisey) supercharger on an LS1, get 500+HP.<!-- Signature -->

19. It may be just my opinion, but I don't care how fast you go in your T-A or Camaro... you won't look good doing it lol. That's what its all about.<!-- Signature -->

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 94FORMULA</i>
    <b>Actually, if you put a vortech supercharger on an LS1, you get 450+HP.
    If you put a jackson (noisey) supercharger on an LS1, get 500+HP.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually with a Vortech supercharger you can get 460hp in the Cobra.

21. I realized something......we are some highly opinionate mofo's in this board......I am a stang owner.....so.....I like stangs....my friend owns a ws6 he likes ws6's another friend owns a camaro....he likes 300z's.....yea he's just a lil messed up, but back to the point it was making....

At 35k the 03 Cobra will be pretty sweet....I hate that it took ford up to the dying days of the Fbody, and the Fox Chassis to realize that a pony car should have power, but still I'm awaiting May so I can let my eyes fall out of there sockets when Lee Ford gets one.

I dunno why we Stang guys focus so much on GM, or vice versa when we all know the one car that makes us get rilled up and ready to race at a stoplight, would be the one that has the same badge on the side as we do.... I mean really who do you SS guys always rev and laugh at....other SS's, Z28's and even more often at the Slomaro V6...we all do the same....I get countless cobras rev at me while i sit behind the wheel and listen to my little trainlike noises of the allmighty (sarcasm) 3.8

So lets all just be friends......and hate the japs.....j/k

22. These posts are getting retarded, this car isn't even being produced yet. Who knows if it will have 390 HP, maybe at the crank??? Get the idea?

23. I love the looks of this Mustang. I think it would be a lot better than an SS or a Ram Air. It would shut some fux up at my school that have those kind of cars.

24. Yea you people say all that shit but compare a 289 4.6 to a 350 5.7 thats like comparing an ugly whore to a supermodel you can do it of course you can get more horses out of a 350 but you say the camaros look better thats why they are being discontinued right? thats what I thought and you people wouldn't be saying anything if ford put the 5.8 or the 5.4 in the cobra. Mustang won against them all and the only reason the 99 cobra is not as fast as the trans am or camaro ss is because the cobras have a limiter you think svt wants you to blow out there hand built motor hahah you can always replace a 350 of an assembly line. So think about which is the better car

COBRA ALL THE WAY!

25. Just to say it one more time...the f bods will be back! They are being redesighned because they did not sell. They will come back, and I see no reason why they will not be better in every way from their predecesors, they can take all they had learned from the last gen and fine tune. The LS-1 remains a kick a** powerplant. I think Ford is catching up, and Chevy remains awesome in this area. In few years, we might be seeing real competition between factory stock cars here. Thats a happy thought.<!-- Signature -->