Re: take that Z06

Discussion in '2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R' started by Detroit Muscle427, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Trent257</i>
    <b>SVT is a aftermarket company, like slp makes firehawks and camaroSS, its availible from the dealer, but its still has aftermarket parts.

the cobra is 500lbs heavier, and will probably be about .88g on the skidpad
    the corvette on the other hand, pulls almost a full G on the skidpad. ford is close, yet soo far away</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Why does everybody think that svt is an aftermarket company? It's an in house part of ford. That means that svt is a part of ford, get it. Companies that tune the stang are roush, saleen, and stedda(spelling?).
    And as far as the skid pad for the cobra r, it was more like 1 full g, if I remember right, it was sligthly higher than the vette.

2. I had to rip on jcar casue actually ford never meant to build a car to compete with the SS (which it already does in sales and has smoked them) but they meant to build an all track car. As test has shone (listen up) The SS Z06 and dodge viper are all outperformed by the Cobra R on the track. Not to mention it comes in 3rd in front of the SS in 1/4 mile if you remove the aro's, meaning the wing and covering the froint spoiler. Not to mention the sorry ass SS has no good handling no good brakes no good seats and the list can go on. With the Cobra you get all the best things out on the market not to mention one of the best motors built since the 428 cobra jet.

So please dont call what was made by some of the best mechanics in the world a pos expecially if you dont even know what hell they created for. Zo6 was built after the Cobra and there lazy asses only wanted to make a car as good as the Cobra in HP and 1/4 mile. Wow they took alot of time and hard work to make a car do better in 1/4's but got beat by the viper with its bad handling which got beat by the Cobra R. BTW the Cobra R runs 12's with the aro's takin out of play MM&FF has proof of it so I can post it for you if yo need. BTW did I also mention the 2003 Cobra will have 10 less horse power then the Z06 so it seams they are droppin the ball casue Cobra won't be near expesive as the Z06.

3. Who the hell started this? Take that Zo6??? What the hell is that supposed to mean. <!-- Signature -->

4. ARE YOU CRAZY!? THIS WILL NEVER TAKE A Z06......<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 30210psiAC</i>
    <b>I had to rip on jcar casue actually ford never meant to build a car to compete with the SS (which it already does in sales and has smoked them) but they meant to build an all track car. As test has shone (listen up) The SS Z06 and dodge viper are all outperformed by the Cobra R on the track. Not to mention it comes in 3rd in front of the SS in 1/4 mile if you remove the aro's, meaning the wing and covering the froint spoiler. Not to mention the sorry ass SS has no good handling no good brakes no good seats and the list can go on. With the Cobra you get all the best things out on the market not to mention one of the best motors built since the 428 cobra jet.

So please dont call what was made by some of the best mechanics in the world a pos expecially if you dont even know what hell they created for. Zo6 was built after the Cobra and there lazy asses only wanted to make a car as good as the Cobra in HP and 1/4 mile. Wow they took alot of time and hard work to make a car do better in 1/4's but got beat by the viper with its bad handling which got beat by the Cobra R. BTW the Cobra R runs 12's with the aro's takin out of play MM&FF has proof of it so I can post it for you if yo need. BTW did I also mention the 2003 Cobra will have 10 less horse power then the Z06 so it seams they are droppin the ball casue Cobra won't be near expesive as the Z06.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Too many corrections, someone else show him the light.

6. where in the hell did Viper come in at??? no one needs to talk about and mustang and compare it to viper cuz viper is a supercar so ok sure let's talk tuned mustangs, look, sound, perform awesome, not even a damn vette compares to viper, i've SEEN vipers whoop lambos, fers. porches, vettes, camaros name it, even a #$%#ing jet, but even tuned stangs can't beat viper cuz guess what...super tuned vipers r out there like the 800 TT, yeah let a cobra R piss one of them off...sad sad sad, i'm sry if i got carryed away but let's leave the great vette and nive mustang out of the actual SUPERCAR place, untill there r put there in the right place when it's strong enoughlong live to make it there. LONG LIVE AMERICAN MUSCLE

7. what are you people moronic crackheads the crbra r would beat the zo6 it is so much lighter and would kill it. silley eyes

8. Well since in the real world were there is proof the Z06 seems to consistantly win, I'll call the Z06 the winner.

9. For the record, the Z06 niches the Cobra R in the 1/4 run time. Maybe by .4 seconds..but thats it. Around the Slalom the Cobra R does what is was made to do...outperform the competition. It outperformed both the Z06 and the Viper on the track. Remember the the front splitter and the huge wing are made to keep the cobra pinned down to the track...creating alot of downforce. In the shootout between the Z06, Viper and Cobra...the Z06 was victorious because it accumulated more points than the other two. The Cobra is not a practical car..it is a street legal race car. It doesnt have the creature comforts of a vette..hell it doesnt even have an A/C or radio...no backseats. So performance wise...the Cobra R outperforms the Z06. Those are the facts

10. .4 is quite a bit for a drag race.

11. This thing was made to compete with the ZO6 at the time, which had 380hp. And it did an excellent job beating it. It is made for the auto cross tracks, not the 1/4 mile, because who cares about going in a straight line. Also, it has a hard time getting traction on 1/4 mile starts, since there is no weight in the back. The Cobra R can beat a corvette(stock, factory production) on any race track, since it was purpose built to do so. THE END.

12. well, i love to admit it beat the 2001. Then Chevy saw a problem and decided to bump up the horsepower. Now, it can almost beat it, and the 2003 SVT cobra can beat the new vette ZO6.

13. you are the dumbest man alive! get your facts straight little boy, just because this car looks cool does not mean its faster then the new z... and the new cobra is not faster than the z either...shiesh

14. the z06 plain out woops this car, and it still has air conditioning and all of that good stuff, shows you how good Ford engineering is.

15. You mean Hey, now the mustang can lap the camaro 4 times instead of just 2.

16. Can the Musatang take on the Corvlette, being an aussie i dont no but the next corvette was about 360Kw in horses its over 450 or something dont no, and the lower engines got 330 so if the mustang can beat at all its not for long.

The Ford GT will have to take it on, but it will win!!!!

Thank God for that

17. well, friend, if by all means this is the Corvette's superior, and, for all those who think otherwise, let me correct you

THE mustang may be a Pony Car, but it is also a muscle car, as were the camaro/firebird

and the Corvette is a SPORTS car, so, we are comparing 2 breeds

Muscle beats sport any day, Z06 sucks, ive had my say

18. LOL, I'm sorry, but you're quite wrong.

19. Mustang Fanatic with a Ferrari icon next to his name...thinks mustang can beat z06...change your icon your to stupid to ever be able to own a ferrari, or proboboly even a mustang for that matter.

20. ahem, i use this avatar due to my respect for Ferraris, idiot

21. hey hey, CHILL. The Z06 is better than this, bottom line. Btw, im curious, how did a dood start a topic on his first post?

22. that thread is nonsensical

yep especially when a person hasn't drive or hasn't owned a z06 and then blatantly says that a mustang cobra r is superior without having solid proof or at east having driven the car.well this is very illogic, childish, immature and nonsensical.

regards nd just expressing my opinon

426hemistage8

23. Well, hes right about the Corvette being a Sports car and the Mustang being a Muscle car, in a sense. But the Cobra R is more "sport" than muscle anyway. Muscle would be GT and MACH 1. Sport would be Cobra and Cobra R. But Muscle doesnt always beat sport. But bottom line, the Z06 is faster. They're drag raced the two and the Z06 BARELY won.

24. i agree but remember that the cobra r was a limited edition car but which was superior in terms of engineering and quality to a mustang cobra.It has a rear independant suspension something that a stang cobra hasn't.

regards

426hemistage8

25. The Cobra actually does have IRS. Atleast the 03 Cobra does, and the 04 should too cuz its basically identical.