Re: THE BEST CAR IN THE WORLD

Discussion in '2003 Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG' started by sparetire, Aug 10, 2002.

1. #26 hennesseyms, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    the best car in the world...........or not. Venoms are better! www.hennesseyms.com <!-- Signature -->

2. Plz dont post typics like that mr. sl? Its BMW fans things.. whatever u do dont sink so low that u are talkin shit bout bmw.. that will make u just as "rookie-style" as some of the BMW`s fans... enough bout that.

No cars is generally the best car in the world. Some cars is in luxury, some in sport and some in big cars ect... But when u put toghether a car like this:sport, luxury class and just SEXC STYLING it could be considered as the best car in the world cause this one is just EXTREMELY SEXC! **** man I would do a lot to get this one 8like shoot my mom. allmost try to get along with the police, stop smokin shit +++)

3. And..... actually, I think the SL is just balanced enough, with enough elegance, prestige, speed and practicality, that it might indeed be the best car in the world. It's not the fastest or the most shocking, but nor is it ridiculously expensive.

4. This IS the best car in the world. If I said this, no one will believe me, but of course its not me who said this. Many car magazines and sites (and their readers) have voted this car the "Best car of the Year".

5. Let's see why this is the best car in the world. It might not be the fastest, it might not be the best looking, it might not be the most luxury, it might not be the most technologically advance, and it might not be the safest car in the world.

But it does a very good job in all those categories. It's all about balance. I would have to say this must be the best OVERALL car in the world.

6. I'm not going to enter the debate about whether or not this car is the best in the world. However, I do know that there a MANY people, myself included, that would be very happy parking one of these in the garage. Big, fast, comfortable, stylish and with amazing build quality.<!-- Signature -->

7. Any convertible with over 350 horsepower and a stick is better in my opinon.

This means ZO6, Porsche Turbo, Most Ferraris and Lamborghinis, hell even an M3 cab would be more fun with the stick. I drove one and it was amazing. Auto would bore me to death in 5 minutes, even this car.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Nevermind</i>
    <b>Any convertible with over 350 horsepower and a stick is better in my opinon.

This means ZO6, Porsche Turbo, Most Ferraris and Lamborghinis, hell even an M3 cab would be more fun with the stick. I drove one and it was amazing. Auto would bore me to death in 5 minutes, even this car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Just one example : Z8. this SL just beats the Z8 easily.
    (action auto moto feb 2002)<!-- Signature -->

9. O.K. for Long live Merco & AMG but this is told to be not reliable!!!
    Beautiful and dangerous for your eyes but not only...
    Viva French touch!!Come and see Peugeot's cars.<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ///AMGforlife</i>
    <b>the best car in the world hell yeah
    dont forget it has a convertible hardtop no other supercars have that</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No other supercars have that kinda folding hardtop cos of the increased weight (over hardtop or ragtop)... and if you look at one of these close up there's more joins and gaps in the roof and c-pillar than a f'kin Jigsaw puzzle!!

Will admit though, It's the nicest merc I've seen for a long-ass time.

////\/\att

AMG - After Market Garbage

11. This IS an amazing car, great style, performance etc.
    But there is NO such thing "the best car" - you might say "my favourite one", but no way best car, and definetely not this one.
    The guy who talked about balance was probably right.What makes this car more luxurious than a Ferrari 550 for example? And this car is definetely not the fastest - a Murcielago, Porsche GT2, or Z06 out-accelerate this one easily, and I'm pretty sure that they will kick it's ass on the road, despite the high top speed of the Merc (remove the electronic limit and it is said that it gets almost to 330 km/h..).
    And I prefer the looks of the Carrera GT or the Murcielago.
    And there's no way this handles better than a Lambo, a Ferrari or Porsche, since those are the best handling car in the world for decades.
    So yes, it is balanced.
    You give me this car and I'll fly to the moon for you,
    but there are many car I would pick over this one.
    Besides, there's no manual gear, Only buttons...

12. Someone is jealous that Mercedes has the convertible hardtop here. It adds weight and looks like jigsaw puzzle....who the hell cares. It's heavy but it can go 208 mph, and 0-300 faster than the new Lambo. It looks like a jigsaw puzzle, but u don't hear any noise, and it sure beats soft tops that leaks and comes with wind noise (hint: BMW and Porsche).

13. there are many of you who doesn't understand my point , and other that do.
    When i say its the best car in the world i really mean it..there's no other car in the market COMBINES ALLTOGETHER ALL THIS CHARACTERISTICS: -folding hard top..ITS FAST!! VERY FAST !!! FASTER THAN AN M3 OR A Z8,even a marranello ITS VERY VERY PRETTY, IT HAS THE MOST AMAZING ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS EVER TO BE FOUND IN A CAR, for exemple the new brake control and others and others...not to mention that the inside is better than a limousine with the massaging , body heating seats and all the great stuff...
    compare it to modena's , Z8's and lexus's for exemple you will notice the differemce, don't compare it to a MCLAREN F1, you can't its silly!!!
    the mclaren might be faster but it isn't nearly confortable, not to mention that's she's not a roadster, and ooh good i almost forgot the price....
    When i say its the best car in the world, i mean the best car that everyone can have, for only 140000$ you won't find anything like it....and if you do, please give me an exemple and fulfill my knowledge, i would be really glad

and thank you

14. The biggest fear I have with Mercedes Benz is the not-so-good reliability which many people have told me about. Also, I noticed that Mercedes Benz is using quite cheap materials (plastics especially) in even their flagship cars like the S-Class.

15. Well i have to agrre i love the look of this car and well its got power oozing out of every panel on its body. Finally AMG have come to the party with something SERIOUSLY POWERFUL and beautiful

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SL55 AMG</i>
    <b>there are many of you who doesn't understand my point , and other that do.
    When i say its the best car in the world i really mean it..there's no other car in the market COMBINES ALLTOGETHER ALL THIS CHARACTERISTICS: -folding hard top..ITS FAST!! VERY FAST !!! FASTER THAN AN M3 OR A Z8,even a marranello ITS VERY VERY PRETTY, IT HAS THE MOST AMAZING ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS EVER TO BE FOUND IN A CAR, for exemple the new brake control and others and others...not to mention that the inside is better than a limousine with the massaging , body heating seats and all the great stuff...
    compare it to modena's , Z8's and lexus's for exemple you will notice the differemce, don't compare it to a MCLAREN F1, you can't its silly!!!
    the mclaren might be faster but it isn't nearly confortable, not to mention that's she's not a roadster, and ooh good i almost forgot the price....
    When i say its the best car in the world, i mean the best car that everyone can have, for only 140000$ you won't find anything like it....and if you do, please give me an exemple and fulfill my knowledge, i would be really glad

and thank you
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

first of all, its not faster then a marenello, not by a longshot. Holy shit i cant believe you thought that, dont go sticking your dick into an electrical socket thinking its a pussy ok, because thats how far off you were.

For $140,000 i can think of at least the 911 Turbo which may not have all the random luxury features, like random massaging seats(although i have no clue what the SL has really,) i cant imagine it having a lot less. plus the 911 Turbo is SIGNIFICANTLY FASTER.
    sp. heated seats have been around for years, you can get them on hondas for god's sake.

Ya, its faster then an m3, but its more then 3x the price, BARElY faster, and i doubt it has better electronics, or really luxury for that matter. Frankly, i could have an M3 and an M5 for the same price, or i could have 3 m3s. Or, i could take an M5, put $30,000 grand in it and blow away the SL, or i could do the same with and M3. I would never do these things, but once you brought the SL's shit price into this I had to reveal better options.

In closing, good luck on continuing to remember to breath!

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SL55 AMG</i>

and thank you

Hey Idiot, the Modena, Marranello, the 996 Turbo, probably every TVR beats this in every way possible to compare a car. Its a pretty crappy car actually, its not even that great for the class its in. Wow, its faster than the four seater M3, but not much faster. I hate to tell you, but this thing sucks.

Angus<!-- Signature -->

18. Hey stupid BMW lover, i really don't need your critics, especially when you really don't know anything about the car...yeah a porshe is faster than the SL55, it has 2 turbos, the m3 or the m5 might be gr8 sports car..but they doesn't have a Folding HARD TOP, they're not nearly confortable as the SL, and don't forget the look, the SL is a beautifull car, if you tell me that the design of the 911 is better than this one you really don't know anything.
    SO please if you wanna post a stupid comment just because its not a bmw that i mentioned as the greatest car in the world, well don't.
    I really admire BMW cars, i consider them one of the best in the world, in fact, i consider that mercedes and bmw's are the best 2 car makers in the world, and i don't think you can disagree with that...
    so please, don't publish a comment about fast cars like stupid assholes because a car doesn't have to be only fast to be the greatest...
    loser...

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SL55 AMG</i>
    <b>Hey stupid BMW lover, i really don't need your critics, especially when you really don't know anything about the car...yeah a porshe is faster than the SL55, it has 2 turbos, the m3 or the m5 might be gr8 sports car..but they doesn't have a Folding HARD TOP, they're not nearly confortable as the SL, and don't forget the look, the SL is a beautifull car, if you tell me that the design of the 911 is better than this one you really don't know anything.
    SO please if you wanna post a stupid comment just because its not a bmw that i mentioned as the greatest car in the world, well don't.
    I really admire BMW cars, i consider them one of the best in the world, in fact, i consider that mercedes and bmw's are the best 2 car makers in the world, and i don't think you can disagree with that...
    so please, don't publish a comment about fast cars like stupid assholes because a car doesn't have to be only fast to be the greatest...
    loser...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey #$%# face, what makes you say that the SL is more comfortable? Nothing? Thanks for that comment. What makes you say it looks better? Yeah, the design of the 911 turbo is far superior, its designed to go fast. Yeah, the 911 has 2 turbos which I don't support, but it has zero turbo lag. Pretty much every TVR is more luxurious and way faster. This car was designed for old men, just face it.

Angus<!-- Signature -->

20. When i say something its really a fact...when i say that the SL is more confortable than the M3, i know what i'm saying...you can read that in any respectable magazine, Its a LUXURY car stupid! The m3 is a sports car...don't get me wrong , the M3 is the best in its category, way better than the slk 32 for exemple, but the SL is in another category.
    CAN't you understand what i'm saying? the SL is a roadster while the m3 and the porshe's aren't..The SL is A luxury car, its like a S-class or 7 series but ony for 2 persons, THE SL is FAST, faster than the m3, maybe than the z8, and it weights 2 tons!!!! the z8 is an all aluminium car while the SL has magnesium doors..SO please UNderstand what i'm saying plz plz plz...the SL combines all qualities, no other cars can do that..
    WHy can't you accept the facts bmw lovers? WHY WHY WHY??
    And don't puvlish any more comment i got your point ... you just can't accept that merc's are the best....
    there's a list of cars i think you should compare, after you finished plz tell me what cars are the best:
    -Merc A class Vs BMW ?!?!?
    -Merc C class Vs Bmw 3series (4 doors)
    -Merc C class S.coupe Vs Bmw 3 series Compact
    -Merc E Class Vs Bmw 5 series
    -merc Clk vs BMW 3 series Coupe
    -Merc SLK VS BMW Z3 !!!
    -Merc S Class vs bmw 7 series
    -merc CL CLass vs bmw ?!?!?
    -merc SL vs z8 ???
    - Merc M class vs Bmw X5

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from G1zm0</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from G1zm0</i>
    <b>Angisio_66 is a dumb ass bull-shitter.
    The only arguments you seem to pull out are, there are faster cars that are way cheaper, and ....'who needs that luxuary anyway' !!

TVRs have a nice inside, nice leather, but they're not luxuarious what are you talking about. these cars weigh about 1 ton. They're not gonna put any extraluxuary stuff on it, it's a #$%#ing sports car. TVR beats Ferrari, porsche, BMW, mercedes.... what's your point !!
    They are meant to and they do a great job doing it !!

The SL accelerates in 4.4 s with its 500bhp !!
    faster then a 360 (4.5), Z8 (4.7), DB7 (5.1). Now the Turbo is a COUPE not a convertible.
    THe SL accelerates faster the most cars out there
    (Can reach 300km/h) and 0-100 under 5 sec. the WHOLE world has been saying how awesome looking it is. It is very luxurious. It can be used everydays. It's a convertible with a retractable hard-top. Now how many ROADSTERS are as good as this !!
    If it had the 4-seater option like the older on it would be awesome but it's already one of the best out there. and in it's range is definitly untouchable !!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So you just proved my Point that all TVR's are better!

You quoted "TVR beats Ferrari, porsche, BMW, mercedes.... what's your point !!" Well that is exactly my point, the SL 55 AMG isn't the best car in the world. You just completely proved my point while trying to argue it. By the way, an exclamation (!) comes directly after the word, not a space after. What grade are you in? 2?

0-60 times are important yes, but they aren't everything. For instance, the 360 modena is faster than the SL 55 AMG after 0-60 in everyway.

Angus</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your point wasn't TVRs are better. of course they are better. But they are PURE sports cars. the 360 modena isn't faster then the SL after 60mph, because the SL accelerates faster then the Murcielago (to reach high-speed). You need to grow up too, i put an ! point where the #$%# i want to. And i'm a Senior thank you not a 2nd grader.
    The SL is the best in its class and there's nothing you can do about it :p name one car that is better then the SL (in it's range)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey Jackass, why don't you go check out some track times (after you learn to read) and see which is faster, a 360, or an SL 55 AMG.

Your a senior?! Thats pretty funny actually! Its hard to believe just how stupid you are, you don't even know where to put an exclamation mark! THATS WHAT PEOPLE LEARN IN GRADE 1!

You want me to name a car thats better than the SL 55 AMG? How about the 550 Barchetta? How about the 360 Spyder? Or how about every single roadster ever created?

Angus<!-- Signature -->

22. If you go on like this ...i'm seriously going to have you banned !!
    I swear i'ma do something to your childish piece of sh1t !!

The 550 Barchetta has a V12, costs twice the price of the SL. As for being faster ?? i don't think it is ...
    And you need to check out specs on both these cars and then come see me again !
    The 360 spyder ?? the SL has a higher top speed, accelerates as fast, has more luxurious inside, and has a retractable hard top, so NO SHIT it's better !!!
    And also, you can use it everydays !!<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from G1zm0</i>
    <b>If you go on like this ...i'm seriously going to have you banned !!
    I swear i'ma do something to your childish piece of sh1t !!

The 550 Barchetta has a V12, costs twice the price of the SL. As for being faster ?? i don't think it is ...
    And you need to check out specs on both these cars and then come see me again !
    The 360 spyder ?? the SL has a higher top speed, accelerates as fast, has more luxurious inside, and has a retractable hard top, so NO SHIT it's better !!!
    And also, you can use it everydays !!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

K, what day could you drive a SL 55 AMG and not a 360 spyder? I couldn't imagine a situation where you couldn't. Why don't you go check a track site and see which one is faster, don't just guess.

Angus<!-- Signature -->

24. Hey SL_55AMG, grow up... seriously.

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SL55 AMG</i>

and thank you

Hey Idiot, the Modena, Marranello, the 996 Turbo, probably every TVR beats this in every way possible to compare a car. Its a pretty crappy car actually, its not even that great for the class its in. Wow, its faster than the four seater M3, but not much faster. I hate to tell you, but this thing sucks.

Angus</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

If you cant afford it, 2 BAD 4 U!!