Re: The car to end the RiceRocket disease

Discussion in '2002 Ford Focus SVT' started by Viper800TT, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: The car to end the Rice Rocket disease

To wolverine..... I've raced a ZX2 S/R. It was a yellow one, I beat him by 2 carlenths to 90MPH And I have an Integra with 140 (145 with intake). According to motor trend your wrong then.... They run 0-60 in the high 6s. I think your thinking about the GT. I like ZX2s, dont' get me wrong.... But ford should have given this car a little more horsepower to make it more competitive. You can't beat a Type R either, they walk all over me and if I can beat your car then it won't even be close. By the way the type R runs 0-60 in 6.2 and can break into the 5's with $700.

2. Re: The car to end the Rice Rocket disease

When I was talking about the high 6's I meant the GTS. Oh yeah, a GSX would walk all over you too. I like you car so dont' flame me, I'm just saying.... Ford isn't all that great with the sport compact market but are quickly catching up with the new focus. By the way, does anyone know if you can edit a message that you have already posted?

3. Re: The car to end the Rice Rocket disease

****. This is an American rice rocket. And for their first attempt, it's damn good. You rice rocket #$%#s - no piece of shit Japanese FWD car has this much horse power for this amount of money. This thing is in Integra Type R territory - it's actually faster, if you read Sub Compact magazine. It's still a rice burner - like a Dodge Neon. But face it - you got beat on your own turf.

And that guy that said "it's a Ford, so it automatically sucks?" What are you, 5??

And Elite Wolverine - you're a stud.

4. Re: The car to end the Rice Rocket disease

All you guys In Honda Civic Si That Think You bad Ass Try And Race This The HONDA KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: The car to end the Rice Rocket disease

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GTSB ALLSTAR</i>
    <b>To wolverine..... I've raced a ZX2 S/R. It was a yellow one, I beat him by 2 carlenths to 90MPH And I have an Integra with 140 (145 with intake). According to motor trend your wrong then.... They run 0-60 in the high 6s. I think your thinking about the GT. I like ZX2s, dont' get me wrong.... But ford should have given this car a little more horsepower to make it more competitive. You can't beat a Type R either, they walk all over me and if I can beat your car then it won't even be close. By the way the type R runs 0-60 in 6.2 and can break into the 5's with $700.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i will gladly race u, my s/r keeps up with the over priced type-r's and the gsx's.

i can beat the si's, eclipse, gt-s.

ummmm yea i run 15.3's here in mile high altitude and run a 7flat 0-60

6. Re: The car to end the Rice Rocket disease

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Dougums</i>
    <b>This is crap! How can you like a Ford Focus with such a small engine. I'm an import fan which is why I stick to imports. The focus and it's amercian name make it worth jack. Puting an american rice rocket is as stupid as puting the Aztek into production.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Focus is from Europe not America!

7. Re: The car to end the Rice Rocket disease

Ford was American, last time I checked...

8. Re: The car to end the Rice Rocket disease

this car was designed in europe<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: The car to end the Rice Rocket disease

An American "rice burner" comes out and beats you all in the one hiding place you thought no one from this country would ever touch you - last place.

And all you can say is "it was designed in Europe?" You do know that "SVT" stands for FORD Special Vehicle Team, right?" Henry Ford is the reason all of us "normal people" are driving around nice cars.

Ford just slapped every tricked-out Honda and riced-up Acura in the face... so stop making excuses and get a faster car.

I hate rice burners for one reason - I've never lost to one. I'd like to think there's something more than bad attitudes and empty gloating coming from overseas - competition.

10. Re: The car to end the Rice Rocket disease

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EliseS2</i>
    <b>Wow, there are some pretty stupid and discrimating people in this forum. It is ford, so suddenly it sucks. It is American, so it sucks. It only has 170 Hp, so it sucks. And for 18,000 how many better cars are there, except the Mazda MP3, which is my favorite.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

dude ur a idiot,the elise has under 170 hp and so does the mp3,so put
    a cork in it u british wanker(british cuss word,i dont know wat the hell it means,lol)!!!

11. Re: The car to end the Rice Rocket disease

This is car is european designed but built in america.The car was designed in part with ford and volvo from what i heard before.If this car sucked so much why is the focus becoming such a popular car now on the import curcuit.If it sucked why is ford seeling these cars like crazy like the SVT focus or the basline zx3's or zx5's and the many other models they got.This car ain't that bad, the aftermarket for these cars is growing rapidly and these are just a great overall car for thier price.The import seen better watch out b/c this car is gaining popularaty.FAST<!-- Signature -->

12. Newsflash!!!

From the same company that styled the Pinto comes the '02 Focus. I think if you looked in the dictionary for the word "fugly" you would be graced with a small photo of this car. And if any car, regardless of price has to go through a factory tuner to produce numbers like these, maybe they should start with a clean sheet of paper. Sure, I paid more than $19k for my Celica GTS, but in the automotive world, you get what you pay for. Period. P.S.- Re-badge it, bolt on to it, hook up to it, or price it... it'll still be a Ford, and that's not a label I would want to live with.

13. Re: Newsflash!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Celicron</i>
    <b>From the same company that styled the Pinto comes the '02 Focus. I think if you looked in the dictionary for the word "fugly" you would be graced with a small photo of this car. And if any car, regardless of price has to go through a factory tuner to produce numbers like these, maybe they should start with a clean sheet of paper. Sure, I paid more than $19k for my Celica GTS, but in the automotive world, you get what you pay for. Period. P.S.- Re-badge it, bolt on to it, hook up to it, or price it... it'll still be a Ford, and that's not a label I would want to live with.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Just got to ask you what does Supra stand for? Wasn't it Super Celica cause the celica was useless as well? Look if you don't like this car then fine you don't have to be here no one asked to come in here blab about shite <!-- Signature -->

14. Re: The car to end the import disease

Just like always I thought some cars were fugly then ford comes out and some of there designs just blow my mind how ugly they can get metal to look. the foucus looks like the tried to make a Taurus a suv but didn't quite make it. they sometimes try to copy Chevy or maybe even Chevy copied them but Chevy makes it look soo much better so my final point is THE FOUCUS IS THE UGLIEST THING EVER CONCIVED!!!!<!-- Signature -->

15. I really don't understand how any of you can back this car up and actually sleep at night. You must be really used to looking at ugly things if you are actually thinking that this car is OK, or even worse, wanting one. I mean, if you really think this car is cool, just sit back and take a nice long look at it, and if you don't notice how ugly it all the sudden becomes, then I don't think that there is much hope for you anyway. And what is the problem with the whole sport compact industry anyway, "Oh, look at me, I have the exact same car as my mom, and it is really fast (as all the people that are driving Camaros, Chevelles, Mustangs, Novas, Chargers, etc., etc., etc. starts laughing) and it sounds really cool (as all the above mentioned people now get a disgusted look on their face) when you rev the engine, pretty fly huh?" I mean, come on people. Do you realize that these 0-60 and quarter mile times that you are blowing all this money to get were being pumped out by cars 40 years ago, like lets say a stock '67 GTO. You could get my '60 Impala ("land yacht") to run these times by just dumping 2000 more dollars into the 700 that I bought it with, and it looks alot better than any compact(well it does need a paint job, but that will come after the customizing). All these "ricerockets", what you say are American wannabes, and the whole sport compact class in general are nothing more then just a grim reminder of what has happened to the automotive industry as a whole. So with that, long live the classic muscule and ponies that have been so ignorantly forgotten and pushed aside for (I'm sorry to say) cars like this.

16. I like Fords but this car is nothing compared to the new SRT-4 Neon which will be coming out in a little while. The neon has it in BHP, accelleration, topspeed, looks, and it is even about the same price.<!-- Signature -->

17. and how much does it cost?...thank u, for that price get a mustang and spank the shit out of it.

ever heard of the fr200, yup that will spank ur srt-4 anyday.

hmmm ford just keeps kicking ur cars asses everytime<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Newsflash!!!

Just got to ask you what does Supra stand for? Wasn't it Super Celica cause the celica was useless as well? Look if you don't like this car then fine you don't have to be here no one asked to come in here blab about shite

Come on, man. Have a sense of humor. Ford does. The Focus looks just like a dung beetle without legs. And by the way, if the Celica is such a "crappy" car, would Toyota still be building them annually since 1971 if they didn't make money? Which also reminds me, Toyota had an operating profit of $8 BILLION in 2001. How's Ford doing these days?

19. Re: Newsflash!!!

it goes GM, FORD, TOYOTA in that order....so where does that leave toyota? oh behind the american companies thats right...i forgot...and didnt u know ford is talking with toyota and is looking into buying half of the company...another one falls to the americans<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: The car to end the JAp Rocket disease

Should that be Strudle Rocket ?
    or Bitters Rocket ?

The car's engineered by Ford of Europe

With offices in Dutton UK and Colonge Germany, these guy know something about performace out of 2.0 L. More than the Japs and the Big 2-1/2, could ever know below $20K price tag

For those of you slamming the car, ride a ZX3 with a stick, then ride a Civic SI, an overbloated '02 Celica (a shameful attempt at ripoff of a SoCal trickout machine ) and an old boat GTI, and tell me which one you want to pay a monthy car note on

Like someone said previous, a little $$ and a little imagination corrects any problems with the Foucs

See ya on the track, boyz !

21. Re: Newsflash!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EliteWolverine</i>
    <b>it goes GM, FORD, TOYOTA in that order....so where does that leave toyota? oh behind the american companies thats right...i forgot...and didnt u know ford is talking with toyota and is looking into buying half of the company...another one falls to the americans</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So if this is true-- GM wants to buy a chunk of Toyota..... what, exactly, does that tell you? Would you buy stock in a company that wasn't profitable? Think about it.

22. Re: Newsflash!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Celicron</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EliteWolverine</i>
    <b>it goes GM, FORD, TOYOTA in that order....so where does that leave toyota? oh behind the american companies thats right...i forgot...and didnt u know ford is talking with toyota and is looking into buying half of the company...another one falls to the americans</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So if this is true-- GM wants to buy a chunk of Toyota..... what, exactly, does that tell you? Would you buy stock in a company that wasn't profitable? Think about it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

correction, Ford <LOL>, not GM.