Re: The PT Cruser Sucks now...

Discussion in '1998 Plymouth Pronto Cruiser Concept' started by Walperstyle, Aug 10, 2002.

1. The PT Cruser Sucks now...

I Hate when a company creates a sweet concept (like this one) and then makes a cheap copy of it and sells it to the public. I love the concept, but I find the regular PT cruiser super UGLY.

BAD, Chrysler, VERY BAD !<!-- Signature -->

2. Yes the conpect is good, the new is ugly, but oh well........<!-- Signature -->

3. I used this thread to back me up in the Porsche GT concept.

As an example as how comapnies never make concepts exactly as shown.
    They will never make the new Porsche GT, mercedes SLR, bentely haunderies and so on. <!-- Signature -->

4. this is the piece of crap that started the "bad" retro styling
    mabye if plymouth kept building cars like mine below they would still be in business<!-- Signature -->

5. Tell me about it. Its so awesome! BUT, I heard somewhere that Chrysler is going to use the Pronto cruiser's design cues in the '04 PT cruiser...<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Walperstyle</i>
    <b>I used this thread to back me up in the Porsche GT concept.

As an example as how comapnies never make concepts exactly as shown.
    They will never make the new Porsche GT, mercedes SLR, bentely haunderies and so on. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

But isn't it a good thing sometimes? I mean look at the first Viper Concept. Aren't you glad they changed the Viper in what the RT/10 is now? Cuz' I know I am...

keep the faith<!-- Signature -->

7. LOL, the first viper concept was much like the first production viper. No windows. The first vipers had zipper windows, was made real cheap.

In a way, car companies make cars that cost them nothing, to expand the ratio of cost to profit.

Chrysler Realized that they could cheepen it up, and it would still be 'retro' enough to sell to the public.

...as for the porsche GT concept. They just wont make it. And the three or four that have been made are going to be the ultimate collector car. Just as the Mercedes SLR, and maybe the Bugatti 16/4, and Bently Haunduries.<!-- Signature -->

8. I can't forgive Chrysler for letting taking this concept and molding it into crap and for then letting Plymouth die. I liked the Plymouth cars more than Chrysler's other company cars. For example, the Barracuda over the Dodge Charger.<!-- Signature -->

9. i think the pt cruser looks ok, but it's just a neon with a new body, it's the same chassis and the same engine. cheap economy crap.