Re: The ultimate racer...Prove me wrong!

Discussion in '2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT' started by SurfeR550M, Aug 9, 2002.

1. 99blacksvt, you are an idiot. The new Dodge Razor has 250hp in a 2.0 liter four cylinder and costs $14,500. The Razor looks better and has a more reliable engine than that P.O.S. 4.6 liter. Second of all, my buddy has a CRX with 410hp and it cost him $19,000. The car weighs 1700lbs. and has damn near as close hp as your P.O.S. Rustang, which in turn proves that Ford can't make anything good.

2. Re: TRY RACIN THIS!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CHEVY ALL THE WAY</i>
    <b>WHY DONT YOU PUT YOUR SO CALLED MONSTER AGAINST THE 2000 CHEVY CAMARO AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.YOUR
    "MONSTER" WILL GET TORN APART. ITS GOT 785 HORSES @ THE WHEELS AND 800 HORSES CUMMIN OUT OF THE ENGINE. HEY THATS ALL IVE GOT TO SAY IF YOU WANT MORE INFO. GO TO THE 2000 CHEVY CAMARO.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You mean the Chevy Camaro ZL1 CONCEPT CAR? The one that lost to the MUSTANG BOSS? Yeah I know which is the one ur talking about

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from big_len17</i>
    <b>99blacksvt, you are an idiot. The new Dodge Razor has 250hp in a 2.0 liter four cylinder and costs $14,500. The Razor looks better and has a more reliable engine than that P.O.S. 4.6 liter. Second of all, my buddy has a CRX with 410hp and it cost him $19,000. The car weighs 1700lbs. and has damn near as close hp as your P.O.S. Rustang, which in turn proves that Ford can't make anything good.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

About the Dodge Razor:
    It's a very good car but it probably won't be made.
    It doesn't have a radio, power windows, or anything + it's basically a roadster + lower cost + not as good performer = not in the same damn class
    It does NOT look better than a bullit mustang
    It has a turbo to get that power, and even still it is down 80 ft. lbs. of torque
    How do you know it is more reliable? It's turbocharged, and the mustang is NA and has average reliability, what's proven about the razor? It'll probably need a new tranny in 2 years like all the other Dodge's I've seen.

Ford can't make anything good because it can't compete with modifiers? What does your CRX make stock?
    Don't you idiots know not to compare heavily modified cars to STOCK cars. Compare stock to stock, tuned to tuned, concept to concept

Geez.

4. THIS CAR GETS CANCELLED OUT BY THE ROTATION OF THE EARTH!I must be able to dodge bullets if this bullets go as slow as this car. It should be called a Ford Mustang Snail GT. I've seen 97 'sthat go faster than this[162 mph]for 11,000. This belongs at my local soap box derby.

<!-- Signature -->

5. You guys F'in kill me, I got this, my blank will dust you Damn you all are like kindergardiners. ( I spell like on)
    Ok List of cars I have owned and reason I dont have them any more
    92 TA- Car was nice but Driving it rattled the Sh!t out of mine,I dont think there was a tight bolt in that car.
    93 Mustang GT- Car almost killed me. To Fast To young
    90 Chrystler TC by Massirati- has anyone else even heard of this car, probably not. Anyways This car was a true collectable, but was my only means of transpertation and Need 3,000 plus dune in work. At 17 My job didnt pay that much
    89 eddie boure (sp) Bronco - Now this was the first suv I ever owned, this thing was awsome, let me tell you it only had 40k miles on it and i had it for 3 days. LOL 3 flat tires in 3 days, one being a blow out causing it to become totaled. Also part of the reason I had to dump the TC
    98 Jetta GT- Now this car was good, 98 thousand mile I put on this car from november 17 1997 to June 16 2001 The only thing that I ever had to do the car was replace the Clutch no biggy for teaching 5 pepole how to drive a manual. Why I dumped it One Word BULLITT
    Car owned now is a 01 BULLITT
    Now back to the topic of the altumit race, There will always be someone that has something better than you hell i am 21 my brothers not even out of high school yet and has a 90lx stang, a 98 saturn and just sold his 01 bullitt i would say he is doing a lot better than i am. So no mater whats faster than the other or more comfortable it is all on what you want and like. My dad works for Checy hell I can get a hell of a deal on a 35 aniversery SS but i dont want one.
    So yeah the bullitts not as fast as a SS, but to me its more comfortable( my opinion) I like being able to see the from end of my car Again My Opinion, You may like a pento thats your opinion SO the point of this is why waist time bashing other peoples like because you dont like it. Its fine to state you dont like this, or i prefer this better, but people come on. ITS ALL ON WHAT YOU LIKE!

<!-- Signature -->

6. #81 DeLioncourt, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    you'd have to be a dumbass to think that this car, or any mustang was the ultimate racer... what's your criteria here...?

When I think of "the ultimate racer" I'm thinking stock performance... otherwise it would be "the ultimate project car" (which is the MKIV Toyota Supra by the way for y'all who don't know...)

http://www.to4r.com

So here's what "the ultimate racer" should be able to do in my mind.

1) handle better than anything out on the road course (Skyline GT-R, 911, and M3 GTR immediately come to mind)

2) have awesome top end speed capability (see above, also McLaren F1 and pretty much anything by Ferrari or Lambroghini)

3) Be able to handle lots of high RPM and severe strain on the engine - because that's what you do when you're racing.

So seeing as how the Bullit here has none of these capabilities, not to mention that it isn't anywhere near as good-looking as any of the cars mentioned above (looks could be a criteria I suppose if you care about such things), I would laugh at the idea of it being the "ultimate racer".
    <!-- Signature -->

7. It is your opinion, but why does a car have to have a crazy rev to be considerd a racer NASCAR only rev at about 7g and thats a racer if you ask me. maybe not streetable but def a racer. And what about the 9 sec streetable fords and chevys they dont rev up hi either??????<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GunShotPony</i>
    <b>It is your opinion, but why does a car have to have a crazy rev to be considerd a racer NASCAR only rev at about 7g and thats a racer if you ask me. maybe not streetable but def a racer. And what about the 9 sec streetable fords and chevys they dont rev up hi either??????</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

NASCAR? NASCAR should never be anyone's basis for the ultimate racer *shakes head* with all of the restrictions in NASCAR it's definitely one of the most technologically crippled circuits in all of racing. Wow... 3 and a half ton pushrod cars going around in circles... I'm impressed! If you've ever seen a CART race or anything in the unlimited class, you'd probably know what I was tallking about. And as far as 9 sec. streetable fords and chevys... I haven't ever seen any. I HAVE seen a 1978 Malibu ProStreet that runs in the high 9's in the quarter mile... but it does so using two 8 lb NOS tanks and it isn't what I would call streetable (try driving it to the supermarket sometime and after you plow into the car in front of you at the stoplight and cause an 8 car pile-up than you can sit there in your busted ass vehicle and argue with me *and the cops - who will be there* that it was streetable... let alone streetlegal.) In fact, I want to see you show me a 9 sec. "streetable" ford or chevy. The only "streetable" cars I've seen break 9's are Supras.<!-- Signature -->

9. Fact, a good frined of mine had an 86 lx than ran 10.50 He drove it to and from the track and also to work, it got shity gas milage but it was streetable, He then got a 63 nova which was a 9.90 car. He drove it on the street. Both cars where by law Street legal. I am not saying that they are the ultimit racers, i am just saying anything is posable. now on the import side of the house a budy of mine has a rx7 and it is by all means street legal and he runs low 10.15 all the time and has diped to a best of 9.97, All I was getting at was that there are many types of racers, What about the TRAC series that will start next season. INDY, CART, NASCAR, DRAG, they are all in there own class, and all have an ultimate. <!-- Signature -->

10. Fastest car on earth runs 0-60 in .16 seconds. 1/4 mile in 3.58 seconds 386 mph. Built by Sammy Miller runs at about 25,000 HP

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dcly8298</i>
    <b>Gotta tell you. I have a Honda Civic that pulls lower 12's. What does your mustang pull. 15,999, does it even have AC.j/k. I have an affinity for Jap cars. Nothing like the sound of 4 cylinders reving 9000 RPM. OOHH, sorry your mustang would explode.j/k. As for reliability, did you really say his hand built car was less reliable than your production mustang. With that blower and no other upgrades I wouldn't give it 50,000 miles.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

did you know that a balence and blue print job on the old chevy 305 (5.0 liter) can raise the red line from 6,000 I think to 10,500 pretty good for a v8 huh.<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 99blacksvt</i>
    <b>I'd be very interested to hear about your racer...send me an email @ svt@soccer.com

Sorry for not clarifing it, but I was refering to an everyday reliable driver.

So let's hear it all you Civic/Prelude/Integra/CR-X/Mistsu/ and Mazda drivers..

There's no replacement for American muscle!

Over 500 lb-ft of Torque ouch...I hope every one realizes t that is verp territory for under 20 Grand

Any other ideas for high horse power mods??</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->You are such an idiot. It would cost way more than 4 grand to get that mustang to handle that much power. If you tried to run 500 torque on stock internals and transmission, you would bend the #$%#ing drive shaft.<!-- Signature -->

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BP</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from smokin89pony</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maxpower</i>
    <b>If all you can afford is a mustang go ahead. but for your info a camaro can be done up much easier, for cheaper, faster, and will look better. but if you really want power look to Henessy for an example. anuthing good is better mopar</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Just wondering but have you ever compared aftermarket parts for a mustang and a camaro. You can take an aftermarket part from the same company for both cars and I will guarantee you that the part for the mustang is cheaper. Does that mean it sucks. No, it just means that those of who keeps the mustangs alive have a little bit more money to play with on Friday night. I have a buddy who has a 97 or 98 camaro and one with a 98 formula. We are always looking at mods for our cars. These guys pay out the ass. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You forgot to throw in how hard it is to actually reach a Camaro/Firebird's engine. Ford basically gives you a car that you can modify from the ground up, GM will give you a car that is pretty powerful stock, and will suffice for most speed addicts, but modifying it will not be as simple as a Mustang. Either way, I think all three are great cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->You are an imbecile. You could mod a 5.7 liter ls1 350 much easier than a 4.6 liter 280 cubic inch just because it is way bigger.<!-- Signature -->

14. WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RICEBURNER UP YOUR ASS YOU STUPID PUNK.THAT HONDA IS REALLY COOL HUH.FIGURES ONLY PUSSYS OWN HONDAS AND OF COURSE YOU HAVE THOSE ACURA ASSHOLES THAT BRAG THAT THEY SPENT 30000 FOR A HONDA GET A LIFE ASSHOLE.

15. okay pretty much everyone in this thread needs killing