Re: these things are fast

Discussion in '1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP' started by 94stang5L, Aug 10, 2002.

1. these things are fast

hey my parents just bought a 2001 GTP and man does it ever go the top speed is low but it accelerates like you wouldn't belive....and for a family sedan wow....It holds it's own against my 94 mustang GT....hey it's no M5 but it sure as hell is quick......not too mention the wide track handling and the super smooth ride......and the 8 speaker Bose stereo system which rivals some of my friends aftermarket systems....

The only pet peeve I have is the wine from the super charger get's a little annoying.

2. Yeah Pontiacs have always gained the reputation of being the best performers of the GM divisions...

and this thing is so cool... its no ordinary family sedan because its got serious sporty genes on it.

I wish they just upgraded the interior finish and materials, because that makes you feel you are in a cheap commuter car and not in a high performance sedan<!-- Signature -->

3. well on my parents GTP the interior is actually more like a cockpit of an airplane...it's so high tech...it's much better then my mustangs interior...a the seats make it feel like your in a sports car Pontiac did an awsome Job on this car.......

4. Yea I own a 98 GTP and I think it is what I'll own for a long time. The car already has a following (of sorts, grandprixstore.com). I can't wait to get some wrench time in on mine. I know this could be because it was older, but I beat my friends 87 Buick Grand National. That is pretty amazing considering mine has 4 doors and loaded with luxury options (HUD, 8 speakers, etc...). I also think this is one of the most ignored cars on Earth.

5. im with you rixochet......the grand prix does not get the attention it deserves, either from the public or manufacturers themselves.....

why no manual transmission, rear wheel drive, natural aspiration, AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! THE ELECTRONIC LIMITATION IS INSANE!...etc?

By studying engineering, i hope to make it to pontiac and show them a thing or two about what WE REALLY want in the Grand Prix's

6. well I think there's no manual because there's not a market for it after all this is a luxury family sedan...I think that's the same reason there is no rwd either....these cars also have an 8 speaker Bose stereo system......and I'll tell you it's damn good for stock!...would beat a lot of aftermarket stereo's

7. Thats probobly my only complaint with the Grand Prix, no standard transmission. Pontiac is wierd though, they dont put standards in Grand Am's either. I think both the Grand Prix and Grand Am could be alot better with standards.<!-- Signature -->

8. I love these things!! I mean - they're affordable, they look good,
    and the performance #'s are quite respectable. The best idea pontiac
    came up with. <!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FeLiX93</i>
    <b>My greatest joy is channeling all my rage through two sticks of solid hickory...
    I speak through the drums, they speak for me... </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hickory? That's old school, man!
    What you need to do is go get yourself a pair of Easton Aluminum-core 7A pro sticks. Trust me, they are the best sticks I've ever played with. I bought my pair over 2 years ago, and I haven't even had to replace the exterior sleeves yet. These things are indestructable. Go buy a pair, and then you won't have so much rage.

<!-- Signature -->

10. Hey wheelman... how much? Cause ive never seen anything of the sort
    at "my" drum shop. You DO shop at mothers music don't you?
    What style do you play anyways? well, If I find them, Ill get them,
    but im more of a traditional guy...<!-- Signature -->

11. these things are not fast......any jap car could smoke it.....and this car is only a four speed and it takes forever to get up to 126 where the governer is at

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from wutangk2</i>
    <b>these things are not fast......any jap car could smoke it.....and this car is only a four speed and it takes forever to get up to 126 where the governer is at</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Yes, a car with dragon stickers, little blue lights, and a wing that
    the import-custom shops ripped off the space shuttle. Tune this thing,
    the driver would see the little "H" in his rearveiw mirror.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Do all these have shift kits in them?

I owuld like to see a stupid import beat this car. Pretty much all imports are under 200hp and the only way they can compete is with turbos. I like the supra and rx-7, but civics, accords, the rest of those little shitty cars are #$%#ing slow!

14. Re: Do all these have shift kits in them?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from AndyDouglas</i>
    <b>I owuld like to see a stupid import beat this car. Pretty much all imports are under 200hp and the only way they can compete is with turbos. I like the supra and rx-7, but civics, accords, the rest of those little shitty cars are #$%#ing slow!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->What the hell did you do to that Grand Prix G8 concept!?<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Do all these have shift kits in them?

I modified it a little. Actually I found the pic of another person on the site. Its pretty cool though.

16. any import could take this car.....if you tune a import u could get well over 300 h.p. .....and plus this car is front wheel drive...u'd be spinning forever

17. Re: Do all these have shift kits in them?

you moron if you tune up any car it is bound to beat a stock car. "If I tune up my civic to 800hp it can beat your viper." Well no shit stupid!

18. wow your a smart one wutangk2. the majority of all japenesse cars are front wheel drive, with the exceptiong of a few,skyline, supra, blah, blah, blah, you get the point.

Do you understand how easy it is to get the grand prix over 300hp also. and if you know how to drive them it is very easy to beat many japenesse cars. there are many grand prixs running mid 12s and 13 right now. In the new future they will be hitting 11s with the new goodies we have coming out soon.(new superchargers and intercoolers and power boosters)

Along with that. The Grand Prix is much more reliable while pushing over 300 rather then breaking often like i see and hear many imports doing.

So dont start talking about stuff you dont know anything about.

19. it is so funny people trying to compare their majorly souped up cars to stock cars....that doesnt make sense! compare stock cars to stock cars and modified to modified cars....any thing else is retarded!
    in my opinion any car modified can beat any stock car...your grandmas stationwagon could beat a Mclaren F1 on a drag if you modified it like crazy and took every stock piece outta it as well!
    idiots!<!-- Signature -->

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vetteguy53</i>
    <b>Thats probobly my only complaint with the Grand Prix, no standard transmission. Pontiac is wierd though, they dont put standards in Grand Am's either. I think both the Grand Prix and Grand Am could be alot better with standards.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yes, they do put standards in Grand Ams. That is what is in the base SE now. You can have it special ordered on the GT as well. Iuno bout the Grand Prix tho...

L8a dayz<!-- Signature -->

21. it says that the 0-60 is 6.8 seconds. i want to know if that is accurate because i have seen many stats on sc.net that are a good number off. i just want to know from owners or people who have driven if it is about 6.8 seconds to get up there to 60. thanks kur

22. What the hell are you saying any jap car would beat this. no stock four cylinder jap engine is gonna beat a supercharged v-6. man its guys like you who give guys that know and love imports a bad name.
    well wait, maybe after 5 grand you civic will beat this but even then i think it would be close.<!-- Signature -->

23. The 2004 GTP has an optional semi-automatic transmission, much like the Tiptronic shifter on the Porsche, you select the gear you want with two buttons on the steering wheel.

24. My brother has one.it'll outrun a heavily souped up civic at half throttle.

25. its closer to 6 sec. flat