Re: This Car Is A Fraud!!

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by gsolinas, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Alright kids listen up. I'm sick and tired of reading in circles, all of you are saying the same thing in different ways over ad over again. gsolina's your not european, you just a kid who wishes you were. I can tell the way you write and spell, their is no European accent present. Also I noticed not once did you correct someone, if I were to say, "imports rocked" you would agree because they are imports to you just like they ae to me. Secondly, just because a car is handmade doesn't make it an exotic. Mercedes Benz used to be primarily handmade, they just recently opened up to machinery in the late 90's, and twenty first century. Still in Germany, most, not all of the Benz's are assembled by hand. Those are not exotics. Furthermore, Europeans Love American cars, unless they can afford a Lamborghini or Ferrari which is obviously better than GM (I'll get to that). Imports are naturally more expensive, just the title "import" is alluring to most and that is what compels one to buy. Now, Ferrari ad Lamborghini are racebred cars. Chevrolet is not racebred, Ford is not racebred, Pontiac isnot racebred. These are regular companies who are mass producing vehicles not to break records but just to make a profit. Unlike Ferrari and Lamborghini who must maintain a certain image if they want to maintain their customer base.
    Now, I've done research and yes more than one of these vehicles exist. Why does this site say one? I dont know but Callaway will not tell the exact number of units they produced due to a PRIVACY AGREEMENT. Also this vehicle was made to be driven on the streets, when this car was produced it was only meant to be top of the line. They wanted the best technology available at that time and they wanted it to outperform all other cars, which it did. The byproduct of their perfectionism is the 254.7mph top speed and 880hp, that was totally unexpected. Calculated but that was not the goal in mind when this car was first made. The steering or handling as some of you might call it is similar to that of the 2002 Z06 which uses a rear roll bar so the rear wheels turn, as many of you have seen on some of those GM truck commercials. Yes, the Vette had it first. And to add, Ferrari's are tuned for pure sports, not too much comfort. The reason you might say its comfortable is because you enjoy an intense driving experience. If a Corvette were tuned the same way a Ferrari is, it would cost just as much and outperform it. But because this tuning must be done by hand and is time consuming, less Corvettes made. So it would become a exotic, that's the difference. <!-- Signature -->

2. How can the Mosler900TT be the fastest production car in the world if no orders were placed necessary in making it a production car?

And the forums get cleared periodically so don’t act like no one has bashed “imports”. Besides, you described topics. When you read through all the threads let me know. Trust me they are there. And no I’m not going to search through pin pointing all the stupid claims so don’t bother to ask. They are there, that doesn’t need to be made up.
    I've even seen names like "imports suck". Don't deny the anti-foreign attitude that many (not all) possess here.<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>How can the Mosler900TT be the fastest production car in the world if no orders were placed necessary in making it a production car?

And the forums get cleared periodically so don’t act like no one has bashed “imports”. Besides, you described topics. When you read through all the threads let me know. Trust me they are there. And no I’m not going to search through pin pointing all the stupid claims so don’t bother to ask. They are there, that doesn’t need to be made up.
    I've even seen names like "imports suck". Don't deny the anti-foreign attitude that many (not all) possess here.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I don't think I did deny there was, but you can't deny anti-domestic comments either, all of which are just as bad and with just as many stupid comments. And no I'm not going to go count either.

And I'm not going back into another arguement with you on what a production car is! But my point is still the same, how can you be suprised that no one ordered this car, when you have available the fastest street legal car that money can buy, with no orders either. And the Mosler 900TT is great in everything you name it has it.

4. I see that there are some idiots in here, but gsolinas takes the cake. Look up the word 'hypocrite', look in a mirror, sit down and then, shut the #$%# up.

5. Clark shut the #$%# up. Me making valid points (that might break your heart) doesn't make me a hypocrite. That's a typical comment from someone that doesn't have a relevant point to make.

To answer Vett1s question. It's possible that Mosler doesn't have the necessary reputation to spark interest in a car like that. But certainly Chevrolet already had a well known name. Why the lack of interest?<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jcazz</i>
    <b>Ever think maybe guys like myself, gsolinas, mclaren99, liquid child, cornu, etc. Come to this forum because when we go to the ones we like people post shit like “vettes are better” and “vipers kick ass”. If you guys wouldn’t be so arrogant (and I don’t mean you in particular even though you’re being a cocksucker now) maybe we’d never run into each other on these forums. Besides all gsolinas has done is post facts. The fact that it hurts your morale doesn’t make it “crying”. So keep on bringing up Ford’s brief (co-produced) race history but don’t ever knock Ferrar’s. Tune into Formula 1. They went 1,2 again last Sunday and are on pace to win it all AGAIN! So shut the #$%# up unless you can post some kind of fact.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I have looked at the Euro forums and have not seen near as much bashing as you and the guys you have mentioned have been doing in this single forum for this Vette. As for gsolinas stating facts, thats all fine and dandy as long as he isn't being an ass plunger (most of the stuff he posts is valid but he is always bashing Americans regardless). I believe "a little American ignorance goes a long way" or something like that was one of his peaks of idiocy. I've said nothing to bash Europeans in general.
    It doesn't hurt my morale that one car is "better" than another. I like Corvette but I worship no car. I have a certain respect for all cars and companies, including Ferrari. Never have I said that Ferraris suck. In fact, I happen to think that the F40, F50 are awesome cars and the new F60 will put Ferrari in it's finest moment. But I also don't think that any of the F cars are worthy to be called the "world's best" and certainly are not worthy of my worship. No car is. Stating facts is fine. But don't you think that you're the pot calling the kettle black. You have done nothing but back up gsolinas with his American bashing. You have not stated any kind of fact.<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Clark shut the #$%# up. Me making valid points (that might break your heart) doesn't make me a hypocrite. That's a typical comment from someone that doesn't have a relevant point to make.

To answer Vett1s question. It's possible that Mosler doesn't have the necessary reputation to spark interest in a car like that. But certainly Chevrolet already had a well known name. Why the lack of interest?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

gsolinas, this car is a Callaway car; do even know how much of this car was still a Chevrolet after Callaway was finished with it?

Now as for Mosler, they are just as close to Chevrolet as Callaway, the engines in their car are from the Corvette.

But mind you lets take you're comment with some credit, if a company like Mosler, which is bigger right now than Callaway was back in the 80s, has no orders for their top car, which is great in everything, and right now is the fastest road legal car you can buy. Can we not say that Callaway had the same problems back then trying to sell the Sledgehammer?

The fact that some of you're buddies here like notic and cornu are talking like this car is some big conspiracy is just retarded!

(But not saying it’s a surprise to hear dumb comments since cornu considers comments on a message board as proof)

8. god some people seriously have no life. People spend all they're time in here (Vette1). Some are just racist against americans, europeans, well you get the point. I'm american but I love european cars (mostly italian). I think this stuffs seriously a fraud. I've never even heard of this piece of shit before. If it was real, then how come Corvettes pride and joy isn't this? Corvette's pride and joy is ni it's CR5s or something similiar. Seriously, you can't expect us to take this without much knowledge about it. I've never even heard of this until my buddy stumbled upon it. I think you corvette fans need to lighten up.

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Clark shut the #$%# up. Me making valid points (that might break your heart) doesn't make me a hypocrite. That's a typical comment from someone that doesn't have a relevant point to make.

To answer Vett1s question. It's possible that Mosler doesn't have the necessary reputation to spark interest in a car like that. But certainly Chevrolet already had a well known name. Why the lack of interest?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yes, it broke my heart. You talking about how us 'americans' are so arrogant and yet, most of your posts are littered with arrogance. It's called hypocrisy. It's very easy to make someone who uses a lot of generalizations look stupid.

10. Vette1 The Callaway unlike the Mosler has the Chevrolet name attached to it automatically making it more recognizable.

Lets through out Cornu’s proof to satisfy the masses. Other sites were provided that indicated better times from the Diablo Gembella Roadster.

Vader The Euro forums were littered with “Anti-Import” attitude. The fighting may have calmed down now but keep in mind that old posts do get wiped out.

Don’t confuse arrogance with facts. That’s a cop-out.

Vajira Don’t question my background. Just because I spell correctly and don’t somehow have an accent over written words doesn’t make me American (ever think that British, Irish, Scottish, Australian, New Zealander, South African, or Canadians could also speak English). Doesn’t matter though. If you read some of the earlier threads you’d know that I temporarily reside in Canada but am very much Italian. And am going back soon. My English comes from going back and forth between Canada and Italy over the years and of course school. But thanks for the compliment, if my English passes for domestic born English even though it wasn’t my first language I must be pretty good. Furthermore what you claimed is irrelevant without proof. If you did such extensive research then post it. By the way. Every car on Earth is an import to me for as long as I am here since this country doesn’t produce shit.

<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Lets through out Cornu’s proof to satisfy the masses. Other sites were provided that indicated better times from the Diablo Gembella Roadster.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What other sites, I would like to know this, I'm not being a smart ass here. I don't recall anyone posting any other sites???

12. #162 jcazz, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  13. Ok my first question is what French car magazine was it??

And my next question is, you do realize that those numbers have been rounded don't you?
    Like 410 Km/Hour is equal to 254.76 Miles/Hour, or
    255 Miles/Hour is equal to 410.38 Km/Hour, which one is it?

Thanks for the link though, but do you have one to the magazine, I would seriously like to read up the review. And hopefully get a speed recording that is official, not rounded.

14. #164 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  15. I don't want to miss quote anything. I'd say the safest bet would be to e-mail those who run the website.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dodgedude</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mag Launcher</i>
    <b>You missed the whole point. Cars are cars and people pick which one suits them best in terms of looks, performance, price, and other things. So no one car can be "best" or "better" than any other car. Better for a certain type of person? Yes. Better in general? No.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i think u missed my point dumbass, opinions dont make cars better, as like i just said in my last reply, maybe if i repeat myself enough it'll get through to u</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Lol, so now Im a dumbass because YOU missed my point? Yeah, that makes sense. And when did I say opinions can make a car better? You might be an idiot....but I won't call you one. Let me say it again. NO CAR CAN BE BETTER THAN ANY OTHER CAR. People buy cars and they buy which one best suits them. A car can be better for me but that doesn't mean another car is better than it. I bought the car that was best for me. A car could go for top speed, top speed under 50k, top speed under 100k, top speed under 200k, handling, handling under 20k, handling under 50k, and the list goes on and on and on. Until you learn to read English and interperate it without assuming things....Don't post.<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Evilminja, Cars have been made to top this. And their proof is just as credible as the proof of the sledgehammer. People’s acceptance or refusal of that fact is up to them.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Wasn't there a video of this whole process?
    If not, why can't you call the facility that this was tested and proven at?

18. Oh man...here we go again...gsolinas, are you European? I really hope you don't speak for them...cuz you're giving them a bad image. Just give up...damn...you are proven wrong left and right...I am tired of reading through a post only to find most of it is your jibberish that I have to sort through. I don't even read them all anymore...<!-- Signature -->

19. A note about the Guinness Book of World Record for fastest production car:

Which McLaren F1 are you talking about? The 231-mph claim by McLaren Cars? The 240 mph set by Andy Wallace at Ehra-Lessien?

Niether of these cars can be considered stock production cars. Indeed, they weren't production cars at all. They were pre-production prototypes, the 240-mph number having been done by prototype test mule 'XP5'.

The fastest confirmed top speed of an off-the-production-line McLaren F1 (that I know of) is the 217 mph top speed run by Mario Andretti for R&T.

20. callaway makes the best in corvette i relly want that callaway c5-r<!-- Signature -->

21. Your friend can't have one, its a prototype pwned by CAllaway and right now its in a museum

22. Wow has me being cosistantly right ever pissed you guys off. Does it bother you that much that Italy has produced some of the finest cars, scientists, motorcycles, explorers, food, people, etc. Grow the #$%# up. You know I could sit here and corect you on Italy's take over of Greece and North Africa. I could show you how Americas confused navy couldn't even leave New York Harbour to head for Europe because of the Mafia constantly blowing up ships like the Normandy. I could tell you that the only reason that the Americans were allowed to set foot in Sicily was because of a deal between the CIA, the Military and the boss of the Genovese family Lucky Luciano. I could explain how Americans and Italian rebels fought together against the Nazis and not each other. I could point out how Ferrari is a very Italian company with many Italian engineers. If having British employees makes them British then Ford would be Italian because of Iacocca's input. But I would be wasting my time. Because you are obviously a sorry bunch of midwest American hicks who have been poorly educated and are clearly poster children for the after effects of inbreeding. It's not Americans I hate. It's those Americans I hate.

If you want to be a tough guy, call me a wop and a dego to my face, so I can send you to the same emergency I sent the last inbred yankee piece of shit with a big mouth to. Takes a lot to be a tough guy on a computer.

BTW Mr. 1 post. If you are going to create a new account to say things you don't have the balls to attach your own name to the least you could do is post shit elsewhere as well so it looks like you've been around. Typical candyass though. Wants to talk tough without the repercussions.

If I was American these forums would have me changing citizenships.
    <!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Wow has me being cosistantly right ever pissed you guys off. Does it bother you that much that Italy has produced some of the finest cars, scientists, motorcycles, explorers, food, people, etc.... ...But I would be wasting my time. Because you are obviously a sorry bunch of midwest American hicks who have been poorly educated and are clearly poster children for the after effects of inbreeding....

...If you want to be a tough guy, call me a wop and a dego to my face, so I can send you to the same emergency I sent the last inbred yankee piece of shit with a big mouth to. Takes a lot to be a tough guy on a computer....

...If I was American these forums would have me changing citizenships.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->You may have been right but you act like a "typical European" and leave out part of the story. I (and others here) could't care less about how Italy produces all that "fine" stuff. It's also not the only one to do it (you left out that part). Why not waste you're time? You obviously don't have anything better to do than to bash on Americans and call all of us "inbred" (BTW, I'm from the eastern US, not midwestern). If anyone is inbred it's you. You have such a personality problem it's pathetic. Hell yea I'll be a "tough guy". But you haven't said anything to make me think that you're even the slightest bit worth my time to give you the ass beating of you're life. If you're so "tough" and proud of you're back-stabbing ancestors, then you haul you're ass out of Canada and come see how I can make you're face look like a mutilated waffle. Carlisle, Pennsylvania, bring you're friends, just go to the square, tell me when, I'll be there. As for changing citizenships, on the contrary, I love living here and I used to really like Italian imports but you have single-handedly tarnished the reputation of Italians around the world. I wouldn't be surprised if one of your own kind kicked your ass for being such a moron.<!-- Signature -->

24. I can only laugh because you couldn't possibly realize the severity of the beating you would receive. Carlisle Pennsylvania you say? If I'm in the area I'll definitely let you know. Watching you grovel and apologize in front of your friends would be worth the trip alone.
    Do yourself a favour and back up a bit. <!-- Signature -->

25. hey, i wanna see this go down...i'll just watch though, this should be pretty good...or atleast worth my trip down